The practices in this app are not positive thinking, quick fixes, or simplistic self-help strategies. They are powerful tools for doing "the work of the soul" to access our inner knowing and to embrace the fullness of our life experience. With regular practice, these teachings and meditations enable you to transform your difficulties into a guiding light for the journey ahead. Join Jack Kornfield as your trusted guide and friend as you explore:
- Shared Compassion—a guided practice for planting the seeds of compassion and opening the heart to all that life brings
- The Earth Is My Witness—a meditation to establish firm footing in the midst of darkness, centered by a steady witnessing presence
- The Practice of Forgiveness—what Kornfield calls "the only medicine that can release us from the past and allow us to truly begin anew"
- The Temple of Healing—a guided visualization to meet your own inner healer
- Equanimity and Peace—a meditation for maintaining balance and acceptance regardless of the situation
Just as it is certain that each life will include suffering, explains Kornfield, it is also true that in every moment there is the possibility of transcending your difficulties to discover the heart's eternal freedom. With the A Lamp in the Darkness app, he offers you a beacon for yourself and others until joy returns again. Includes a foreword by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
The A Lamp in the Darkness app features:
- Illuminating the path through difficult times: practical wisdom for strength, compassion, balance, and integrity (unabridged text)
- Six guided meditations on forgiveness, compassion, healing, and more (1 hour, 19 minutes of audio)
- A Good Minute—video selections that offer concentrated wisdom to inspire you anytime
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
About the Author
Jack Kornfield, PhD, trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India and has taught worldwide since 1974. He is one of the key teachers to introduce Buddhist mindfulness practices to the West. He holds a PhD in clinical psychology and is the cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society as well as Spirit Rock Center in Woodacre, California. He has written more than a dozen books, including The Wise Heart; A Path With Heart; and After the Ecstasy, the Laundry. His many audio programs with Sounds True include The Jewel of Liberation, Guided Meditations for Self-Healing, and Awakening Is Real.
More from developer
For additional facility to set preferences - to select background, select more types of flower and select number of flowers for the flower shower, please buy the full version My Sai Baba - Live Wallpaper from the Android Market
Has options to set different background, size of hearts, stars etc.