Created by : Anass Qasem
Lecturer Of Internal Medicine - Zagazig University - Egypt
Software use Cockcroft-Gault (for GFR) and the DuBois formula (for BSA) to show value in mL/min/1.73m2. It be recommend by NKF's KDOQI clinical practice guidelines to estimate GFR.
The FOCUS Animated Pocket Dictionary of Nephrology, the first ever animated dictionary in the subject, fills that void quite effectively. A must-have resource for physicians and students who would greatly benefit from this module, it covers 90 Nephrology related terms and definitions.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
A key resource for junior doctors and non-renal specialists treating AKI, the app has been endorsed by the Renal Association, the Royal College of Physicians (London), and the Society for Acute Medicine.
· Medical calculator to illustrate the staging and classification of AKI
· Succinct and up-to-date guidelines on the prevention and management of AKI
· Interactive case studies
· Further resources of national and international guidelines on AKI
More from developer
-CKD-EPI Creatinine 2009 Equation (Preferred method)
-MDRD Study Equation
-CKD-EPI Cystatin and Creatinine 2012 Equation
-Revised Bedside Schwartz Formula (For ages 1-17)
Also includes information on:
-Glomerular filtration rate (GFR)
-Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
-Risks for CKD and kidney failure
-How to test, evaluate, and slow progression
The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention, and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families, and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
By supporting the National Kidney Foundation, you directly influence and positively impact the lives of those at risk for kidney disease, those living with chronic kidney disease, and those who care for and about them.
Learn more at www.kidney.org
30 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016
Designed using a ‘Question & Answer’ format to help you self-manage your kidney transplant, along with ongoing care and support from your transplant and other health care team members. With a few quick taps you will be able to:
• understand the importance of taking anti-rejection (immunosuppression) medications.
• minimize complications associated with kidney transplant including heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, bone disease, certain cancers, and infection.
• communicate with your health care providers for better coordination of care.
• follow a healthy lifestyle with exercise and proper diet.
• find information on community and other resources that can help with medication costs.
• access additional materials on kidney transplant.
Easy, quick and organized by:
• Rejection and Transplant Medicine
• New-Onset Diabetes After Transplant
• Heart disease
• High blood pressure
• High cholesterol and blood lipids
• Stop smoking
• Healthy weight
• Bone disease
• Mental Health
• Healthy lifestyle
• Patient Assistance Programs
• More information
• All-cause mortality
• Cardiovascular mortality
• Kidney failure
• Acute kidney injury (AKI)
• Progressive CKD
Suggests monitoring frequency and referral decision, depending on categories of eGFR and ACR.
Provides rapid, convenient learning at your fingertips.
What is the National Kidney Foundation?
The National Kidney Foundation (NKF), a major voluntary nonprofit health organization, is dedicated to preventing kidney and urinary tract disease, improving the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases and increasing the availability of all organs for transplantation.
National Kidney Foundation
30 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016
This program is made possible from a grant from AbbVie, Inc.
Staying up to date on the latest kidney health news, local health events, and educational programs from the NKF can help you manage your health and be certain that your family members get the best treatment and information they need too.
With the NKF mobile app you create your own personalized health profile that helps you:
-Find great food that meets your unique, personal dietary needs
- Explore a host of recipes that are hypertension, diabetes, kidney and even osteoporosis friendly!
- Trying to lose a few pounds or keep them off? Our app will help you with that too!
- See how nearby restaurant dishes match your unique dietary guidelines and goals
- Shop for packaged foods that are right for you
- Build your library of personal food favorites
A special feature lets you connect to your Registered Dietitian and get the personalized support and recommendations you need to stay on course with your nutrition challenges.
Your NKF App is loaded with educational tips, breaking health news, local health-related programs and allows you to keep up to date on community health screenings and events.
Your account will let you enjoy the full benefits of NKF's online Kidney Kitchen as well, where you can search for, create and share recipes that meet the needs of your whole family. You'll be able to find them back in this app, add items to your shopping list at the grocery store, and save them to your Favorites list. That means you can easily discover healthy eating options on the go, in the grocery store, and in your home.