In this activity, if you are right, lives will be saved.
In this activity, if you are wrong, lives could possibly be lost, or money will have been wasted and the credibility of the tsunami warning center will be diminished.
You will learn the importance of this big decision.
How to use
1.Start the application.
2.Input the height of tsunami you want to show.
3.Input your own height.
4.Input the distance of the object (usually, “object” is a wall of building standing in front of you) as precise as possible if you use can use a measuring tape.
5.Set or determine a target (e.g. cross mark) on the wall at an arbitrary height.
6.Hold your smartphone in an upright position at your eye height then tap the first cross with the target on the wall.
7.Tap the second cross appeared 1/8 above the bottom of the screen with the same target on the wall. While you are tapping these two crosses, never change the holding height of your smart phone, only to change the angle of it.
8.Tsunami in blue appears and will be projected on the wall. Do not change the holding position of your smartphone only to change the angle and viewing direction while you see the “tsunami”.
Often called the April Fool's Day tsunami, the 1946 tsunami generated in Alaska caused extensive damage and loss of life in Alaska and Hawai'i.
In this educational activity you view photographs comparing the same location then and now.
- Degree Planner using MyEdu Mobile Access
- Campus Map with Location Awareness using Google
- Bus Schedule
- Faculty Contact Information
- Corpus Christ Events & Activities
- Island Campus Twitter
- School Links (SAIL, Blackboard, etc.)
- Emergency Dialer
The most important words will tend to be presented first because, well, they're important. Hawaiian Tutor will quickly zero in on the most important words for *you* to learn at each moment. It may seem too easy or too hard at first but just keep going and you will see that Hawaiian Tutor will quickly find the right balance that maximizes your learning regardless of your current knowledge, ability, and state of mind at the moment.
Note that it is important to make mistakes because no learning can happen without them. When you get words wrong, Hawaiian Tutor is also learning about you and what you most need to learn at every moment and will bring missed words back more frequently. That is a good thing because you want troublesome words to come back frequently enough for you to easily get them right. Therefore try not to feel disappointed when you get a word wrong. Instead, mentally pat yourself on the back because this is where the learning happens. Remember, this is not a test! It is a safe opportunity to take chances and improve your instant recognition of the words that will greatly improve your command of the Hawaiian language.
Hawaiian Tutor is best used during short periods while waiting for a bus, class, etc. It includes a very high quality vocabulary containing nearly 800 carefully chosen words in the Hawaiian language.
WAGmob brings you Simple 'n Easy, on-the-go learning app for "Tsunami".
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
Designed for both students and adults.
This app provides a quick summary of essential concepts of Tsunami by following snack sized chapters:
Introduction to Tsunami
• Tsunami Formation
• Tsunami Waves
• How Coastal Flooding happens via Tsunami?
• Tsunami Warning Systems
• Historic Tsunamis
• Highest or Tallest Tsunami
• Deadliest Tsunami
• Causes of Earthquakes
• Tectonic Plates
• Focus and Epicenter
• Kinds of Earthquakes
• Physics of Waves
• Wave Motion
• Wave Types
• Ocean Waves
• Seismic Waves
• Body Waves
• Primary or "P" Waves
• Secondary or "S" Waves
• Surface Waves
Physics of Tsunami
• Physics of Tsunami
• Tsunami at Sea
• Energy Loss
• Normal Wave vs. Tsunami Wave
• Tsunami at the Beach
• Tsunami Cycle
• 1: Geological Event
• 2: Water Displaced
• 3: Wave Propagation
• 4: Tidal Waves
• Types of Tidal Waves
• Safety Tips for Tidal Waves and Storm Surge
Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Progressive Waves
• Wave Motions
• Formation of Tsunami
• Propagation of Tsunami
• Calculating Propagation Time of Tsunami
Tsunami Warning System
• Tsunami Warning System
• Modern Warning Systems
• Advantages of Warning System
• Drawbacks of Warning System
• Alert System
• Deep Sea Tsunami System
• Advantages of Coastal Alert Systems
• Tsunami Preparedness
• The Basic Things to Do
• If you are on Land
• If you are on a Boat
• What to do before and during a Tsunami?
• What to do after a Tsunami?
• Measuring Earthquakes
• Richter Scale
• The Richter scale equation and Earthquakes
• Mercalli Intensity Scale
• Tsunami and Earthquake Vocabulary
• Information Statement
• Seismic Waves
• Richter scale
• Sea Level
• Tectonic activity
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
Need your Hawaii driver's license? Study anytime, anyplace with Drivers Ed Hawaii for Android devices! Don't be one of the 70% of people who fail their DOT test the first time!
FREE from DriversEd.com, the leader in online driver's ed, this full-featured study companion can quiz you from a database of more than 350 DOT questions.
Pick the length of each test: take a test of 5 questions, or as many as 100. It's your choice!
Your results are recorded, so you can track your progress and review your incorrect answers. Retake past tests unlimited times to make sure you know the material.
Use the Flash Card feature to study the important facts you need to know for the test.
Of course, you'll still need to read the Hawaii Driver’s Manual to prepare for the permit test. With Drivers Ed Hawaii, you can download the Hawaii Driver’s Manual to your device anytime! (It downloads only once, and is saved to your device, so you don't ever have to wait for it again.)
The Hawaii Driver’s Manual is an official DOT publication, in PDF format. The text is crystal-clear, and you can pinch to zoom, just like a web page.
This app works with DriversEd.com's Hawaii driver's ed course. DriversEd.com is approved by the Road Safety Educators' Association and accredited by the Driving School Association of the Americas.
You can even get 2.5 credits toward your high school graduation by taking driver's ed with us!
50% Promotional Sales! Limited Time Only!
It happened, and it will happen again. Tsunami are the most devastating catastrophes of the nature. There are over 10,000 earthquakes every year. Although most of these earthquakes are very mild, occasionally earthquakes can cause large scale tsunami that can wipe out an entire city and claim thousands of lives. Tsunami Glossary Terms is an application containing over 150 specific Tsunami related glossary terms. It is an excellent educational application for everyone to know more about the scientific facts of Tsunami.
The application is optimized for all Android devices running OS 1.5 or above.
This application has the following features:
★ User friendly interface to preview all glossary terms in one view
★ Ability to bookmark selected glossary for easier reference
★ Cross-referencing links to other glossary
★ A glossary search engine
★ Offline browsing
138App.com is one of the leaders in developing mobile applications. Check out our other Apps on Android Market by searching for "138app.com" on the search box
Hawaii Driving test has over 1000+ Questions.There are 28 Categories from which you can select a Category and practice the test There are 10 set of DMV questions each having 50 Questions. By practicing this test you can PASS the WRITTEN TEST in FIRST ATTEMPT.
All the best.
1) Display result instantly.
2) Covers all topics from the Manual.
3) 180+ signs Questions.
4) Evaluate and Review your test after completion.
5) Work offline (No internet connection needed)
How to use the App
Once you start the application you can follow the below steps.
Test by Topic
1) To write the test in different topics tap on the "Test by Topic" button at the bottom to app to write test in different category
2) Tap on any Topic button and start writing the test
Real Test (Similar to DMV Test)
1) Tap on the "Real Test" button at the bottom of the app to write test similar to real test.
2) We have 10 test each carrying 50 questions. Tap on the button and start writing the test.
Para tú información, tendrás a la mano información básica de que son los Tsunamis, ¿Qué los provoca? y el que hacer Antes, Durante y Después de un Tsunami.
Pronto, habrá cobertura para todo Chile.
- Stay up to date with the church calendar
- Listen to Dr. Wayne E. Anderson's messages
- Read devotionals from our church blog
- Watch announcements and church service video
For more information about our ministry, visit: http://www.corcc.org
The CORCC Hawaii app was developed with Subplash App Platform.
App: © 2012 The Church App, Content: © 2012 The City of Refuge Christian Church Hawaii. All rights reserved.
Keywords: city of refuge hawaii,church,anderson waipahu,Jesus,God,Bible,Christ,Subsplash,Church App
You can check "where you can use this app" from http://nabla-zero.jp/iphone/museum_map.html
The data of the tsunami height have been made by some institutes and authorities. This application depends on the "Map of the Tsunami Inundation" prepared by the Geospatial Information Authority of Japan, etc. However, these estimations will contain some differences then you can feedback the "true height of the site" to our data server. In this way, "the more people's participation" will make "the more precise memory".
How to use:
How you can use it is demonstrated at the following URL; http://youtu.be/Asf-1HWnfkE
1. Turn on GPS and it checks the current position. Positional data send to the server and then the app receives the tsunami inundation data where you are standing. It takes about 10 seconds but more than 1 minute, in some occasions.
2. When the app's screen changes, the left side of the dial shows the height of tsunami having received from our data server. If you wish to change it, turn and set the height value. Set your own height by the mid dial. Distance to the object you want to show the tsunami is set by the right dial. The distance should be measured as precisely as possible by a measurement tape.
3. Push OK button.
4. Hold your smart phone in an upright position at your eye height then tap the first cross with the target on the wall. Tap the second cross appeared 1/8 above the bottom of the screen with the same target on the wall. While you are tapping these two crosses, never change the holding height of your smart phone, only to change the angle of it.
5. The actual tsunami height caused by the earthquake will be projected in blue on the wall. Do not change the holding position of your smart phone, only to change the angle and viewing direction while you see the "tsunami".
6. If the height of tsunami you see in the screen is largely different from your own experience or actual height, please send your reports to us from the next screen. Please write down your email address if you need our reply.
Note: We use personal information only to improve this application, never to use other purposes. We will let you know update of the tsunami inundation database, if you give your email address to us.
More from developer
• National (US): ocean conservation public
• Local (Florida): recreational fishermen in Florida
The Coral App will serve a national audience by displaying news content related to coral reefs featured in the CRCP’s web and Facebook pages, coral bleach warnings and seasonal outlooks, sustainable seafood consumer information, and other relevant NOAA data and information. The local audience (Florida) will be served by delivering state recreational fishery regulations applicable to a user’s exact location and time (including local MPA boundaries shown relative to user) and NOAA data relevant to local users (ocean temperature, currents, etc) into a single, user-friendly interface. Coral App will make state fishery regulations more accessible and add a mechanism for user interaction and tools to help disseminate recreational fishery regulations.