• A concise, practical and comprehensive guide to ophthalmic anaesthesia
• Written by the current and past presidents of the British Ophthalmic Society
• Chapters covering anatomy, principles and practice as well as the history of the specialty
• Contains up-to-date guidelines and references
• With expert contributors from across the world
Ophthalmic anaesthesia is important for anaesthetists, ophthalmologists and those who are involved in the care of patients undergoing ophthalmic surgery. This book provide them with the basic knowledge of anatomy, the principles relating to the safe conduct of general and regional anaesthesia in children and adult patients, the specific anaesthetic techniques, and the changes that have occurred in ophthalmic anaesthesia over the last decades. It combines internationally known and respected clinicians from the United Kingdom, Europe, Singapore, the United States of America and other parts of the world who have influenced the field of ophthalmic anaesthesia.
This book will be of interest to trainee as well as established ophthalmic anaesthetists and ophthalmologists, anaesthetic nurses and those who are involved in the care of ophthalmic patients all over the world. Presented in the Oxford Specialist Handbook series, it offers practical advice as well as background information in a convenient pocket-sized title.
Readership: Trainee and consultant anaesthetists with an interest in ophthalmic anaesthesia
Audience: Oxford Specialist Handbook in Ophthalmic Anaesthesia is intended for a UK audience as well as other areas which follow UK medical practice including Europe, Australia, the Middle East, India and East Asia.
Authors: Edited by Chandra Kumar, Chris Dodds, and Steven Gayer
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
This app provides direct links to useful ophthalmology resources, key ophthalmology journals, interesting surgical videos, handy ophthalmic atlases, and for UK trainees, the RCOphth Portfolio.
Hope you guys find it useful too!
Please leave feedback as to how I may improve future versions of this app.
Physical Exam Essentials is your source for a quick overview of the patient physical exam. This is the ‘must-have’ reference app for anyone studying, practicing or interested in medicine. Never forget important exam techniques again.
iTunes Reviews -
★★★★★ An Essential medical app
“As a third year, this has become one of my essential apps that is on the homepage of my iPhone. Along with epocrates, eyechart, and imurmur, I use this multiple times a week. It’s comprehensive and simple to navigate! A must buy!”
- doc someday
★★★★★ Ultimate quick and dirty
“Great for medical students or anyone who might need to brush up on a comprehensive physical exam. Complete with pictures of normals and detailed instructions, you will never go into an OSCE or examine a patient without knowing what to do. Great app!”
- Rob Kaye
Maybe you’re in medical school with exams coming up. After gallons of coffee and many sleepless nights spent pouring over notes and textbooks, you still wonder if you’re going to make it.
Preparing for a career in medicine requires learning a daunting amount of information and technique. When facing an important test of your knowledge and abilities, like the physical examination of a patient, nerves can derail all of your memorization and confidence, in a hurry.
You know the material; you just need a little last minute boost and memory jogger to quell the stage fright. That’s where Physical Exam Essentials comes to the rescue.
This application lets you look up selected terms, view illustrations of physical exam maneuvers, read the Clinical Correlates to discover the significance of certain findings and find descriptions of special tests. Physical Exam Essentials even offers a guide for describing your findings.
Physical Exam Essentials is not a comprehensive medical reference. Rather, it is a handy overview resource that is perfect for medical students, pre-meds, health professionals and anyone who practices or has an interest in medicine. Conveniently located on your mobile device, this application provides quick, easy-to-use reviews of procedures and techniques for 14 different categories:
* The Health History
* The General Survey
* Skin and Nails
* HEENT and Neck
* Thorax and Lungs
* Breast and Axillae
* Cardiovascular Exam
* Peripheral Vascular System
* Abdominal Exam
* Male G*******a, Anus, Rectum, Prostate
* Female G*******a, Anus, Rectum
* Mental Status Exam
* Cranial Nerves
* Neurological Exam
As you can see, Physical Exam Essentials has got you covered for examining your patients. That’s not all, though. Just look at some of the other features you get!
* Attractive, easy to navigate interface
* Look up certain selected terms in Wikipedia, Google, or Google images
* Pictures in each section help to illustrate physical exam maneuvers
* Includes "Clinical Correlates" which highlight the significance of certain physical exam findings
* "Presentation Tips" included to help you describe your findings
* Includes descriptions of special tests that are not usually performed in a routine physical exam
* Content and images added and updated regularly
Forget carrying those heavy textbooks everywhere you go. Sometimes, all you need is your iDevice and Physical Exam Essentials.
Download this amazingly helpful application now. You and your patients will be glad that you did.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
Dynamic links between terms allow easy navigation, and a search function makes finding relevant information fast.
Topics covered include ocular anatomy and physiology, optics, ocular pathology, clinical techniques, visual perception and psychophysics, low vision, dispensing and orthoptics.
The trial version is fully functional and does not expire, but contains adverts and a short delay when accessing definitions
Take care of your vision. With this program you can test your vision at home. It can't replace optician's regular full examination or advise of ophthalmologist, but with this vision test you may discover that your eyesight deteriorates and you need to visit a doctor.
90% of all information that comes into our brain is visual. That's why eye care is so important.
The advantages of this eye test are that it is easy to use, it is totally free, it provides visual acuity measurement statistics (history, charts and trends). You can also schedule next eye exam (daily or weekly).
- Make sure you are in a comfortable position
- Make sure that there is no glare on the phone's screen.
- Place your phone approximately 40 cm/16 inches from your eyes.
- Close one eye at a time
During the test you will see different objects. Try to identify shown object. The sequence of objects is random. That prevents learning the sequence and guessing the answer.
- Several eye charts are available: Snellen chart, Landolt "C", Tumbling E, chart with pictures for little kids
- Objects are shown randomly
- Measurements statistics are available
This application is not intended to replace optician's regular full examination. We recommend you get a full eye test after using it.
OphthoSim's highly-acclaimed simulator which includes a comprehensive interactive software package is now available as a companion for all your mobile devices. Combining the contents of a professional grade ophthalmology textbook with hundreds of images from the OtoSim library and detailed descriptions by Dr. Kenneth Eng, OphthoSim Companion is unmatched both as a teaching tool for ophthalmology and as a personal, pocketable, reference manual.
And now, anyone can have the OphthoSim Companion, anywhere they are. With live-search functionality, OphthoSim Companion makes it easy to find a specific condition or disease. Whether you are a university or college student in nursing, medicine or just learning about diseases of the eye, a seasoned educator teaching ophthalmology skills, or a health care provider who encounters eye diseases in their everyday practice, you need OphthoSim and the OphthoSim Companion.
* Over 100 high-resolution images to help you identify eye pathologies more efficiently and more accurately
* Detailed notes describing each pathology and the affected parts of the eye
* Live search functionality to immediately jump to relevant pathologies
* Proven reliability and efficacy
This app was created by AAC Fresno Ophthalmologist Group to help ophthalmologist in their daily practice.
- Terms: hundreds of terms frequently used by ophthalmologist; sorted by alphabet
- Guidelines: Algorithms, Eye Exam Frequency, Clinical Levels of Diabetic Retinopathy and more to come in next versions
- Perimetry: Hill of Vision, Kinetic, Static and Humphrey perimetries
Download this free app to:
• Access your purchased eBooks online, or download them for offline use
• Search and browse across all AAO eBook titles
• Customize your learning with easy highlighting, note-taking and bookmarking
• Quickly find relevant images and videos
• Participate in activities that provide opportunities for earning continued medical education (CME) credits (select titles only, see individual publications for more information)
Academy publications are written and reviewed by expert ophthalmologists and are designed to help you improve patient outcomes and practice efficiency. Academy eBooks must be purchased from the Academy before they can be accessed via the app. First, download this app to your device, then visit www.aao.org/store to make your purchase. Return to the Academy eBook app anytime you want to read your eBooks.
About the Academy:
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is the world's largest association of eye physicians and surgeons — Eye M.D.s — with more than 32,000 members worldwide. Eye health care is provided by the three "O's" – ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opticians. It is the ophthalmologist who has the education and training to treat it all: eye diseases, infections and injuries, and perform eye surgery. Ophthalmologists provide comprehensive eye care, ranging from optical to medical to surgical.
The mission of the Academy is to advance the lifelong learning and professional interests of ophthalmologists to ensure that the public can obtain the best possible eye care.
Academy members are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for every individual they treat by helping each to see his or her best and by protecting their patients' vision and eye health throughout life. Academy members are committed to responding compassionately to their patients' individual needs and to advancing the highest standards of comprehensive eye care.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Keywords: AAO, American Academy of Ophthalmology, BCSC, Basic and Clinical Science Course
Esta elaborado por un servidor (óptico y desarrollador) y se han tenido en cuenta las necesidades de cálculo que se dan en la tarea de óptica y optometría.
Esta aplicación sirve para calcular, pero también para mostrar o explicar a los clientes o pacientes algunos conceptos que pueden ser difíciles de representar. Esto supone un valor añadido en la relación con los clientes.
La aplicación consta de 5 aplicaciones de cálculo:
1. Traspuesta: Calcula la traspuesta de la fórmula esferocilindrica y también representa la cruz óptica con la disposición de las potencias. Imagen de interés en la explicación a los clientes de como se dispone su prescripción en 2D.
2. Distometría: Realiza el cálculo de potencias esféricas y/o tóricas en función de la distancia de vértice (distancia lente-ojo). Obtenemos 3 resultados:
2. 1. Cálculo exacto
2. 2. Cálculo en cilindro negativo y en pasos de 0.25D para el pedido de lentilla.
2. 3. Cálculo del equivalente esférico.
3. Sobrecorrección en lentilla tórica considerando el giro de ésta.
4. Adición: Calcula la adición teórica de una persona en función de la distancia de trabajo y la edad. Podemos elegir 2 distancias diferentes a comparar.
5. Espesor de lentes*: Obtenemos el espesor borde y centro en los puntos principales de la lente. De gran ayuda para asesorar a los clientes en la toma de decisiones respecto qué tipo de lente elegir siendo un buen argumento de venta.
Tiene las siguentes funcionalidades:
5.1. Comparativa entre 2 materiales (índices de refracción).
5.2. Consideración del diámetro, importante en el espesor de lentes positivas.
5.3. Opción de precalibrado para monturas de pasta, metal, ranurada y aire.
En esta aplicación se ha tenido especial cuidado en el uso y experiencia del usuario siendo fácil y rápida de utilizar. También incluye información sobre cada aplicación.
(Espesor de lentes*: Los cálculos que realiza son aproximados y no tienen en cuenta la curvatura de la lente y otros parámetros que pueden ofrecer los proveedores de lentes. Para el cálculo exacto es necesario utilizar los programas de los proveedores de lentes.)
The Eye Handbook is a smartphone diagnostic and treatment reference tool for anyone involved in Eye care. Below is a list of some of the common features.
-ICD9 to ICD10 converter
-Audio, Video downloads
-Ophthalmology and Optometry Journals
-Medication and Pharmacopeia
-Patient Education tools
If you have content that you would like to contribute; please contact us at email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We are constantly striving to improve this application and welcome your feedback.
The Eye Handbook Team
The Focus Animated Concise Dictionaries are the world’s first ever animated dictionaries that provide definitions of medical terms with the aid of realistic and narrated 3D animations, complimented with text definitions. Terms arranged alphabetically making definitions easy to search. These unique visual dictionaries are excellent reference sources for health professionals, students and health consumers. The videos play independent of the internet once downloaded.
Have you noticed that ophthalmologists speak a language all their own? Physicians in other medical fields can have difficulty understanding ophthalmology notes because of plethora the abbreviations, acronyms, and initialisms.
This application provides common and uncommon acronyms and initialisms used by ophthalmologists. Look up the (sometimes multiple) definitions for each acronym. Included are acronyms and initialisms from general ophthalmology, glaucoma, oculoplastics, genetics, retina, neuroophthalmology, cornea, and pediatric ophthalmology.
***This app is for professional use only, if you are not an eye care professional, please DO NOT install it.***
The LOCS III contains an expanded set of standards that were selected from the Longitudinal Study of Cataract slide library at the Center for Clinical Cataract Research, Boston, Mass. It consists of six slit-lamp images for grading nuclear color (NC) and nuclear opalescence (NO), five retroillumination images for grading cortical cataract (C), and five retroillumination images for grading posterior subcapsular (P) cataract.
App designed for use in ophthalmic practice only. If you are a patient, ask your eye care professional.