- Acts as a RegEx Matcher and highlights matches with alternating colors
- Allows for substitution of text using a replacement expression.
- A Cookbook that provides example regular expressions and test cases
- A Catalog of regular expression special characters and sequences and their usages
- Support for multiple tests for each regex
- Built-in share feature - Once you've perfected your regular expression, you can use this feature to email the re to your work address, text to a co-worker, copy to clipboard, etc.
- Configurable Quick-Entry buttons for characters not readily available via keyboard
- Settings that allow multiline expressions, case insensitive, etc.
- Ability to save regular expressions, replacement expression, and tests
- Supports the Java regular expression library as support by Pattern and Matcher
- Great Regex evaluation tool for tablets
More features and updates are planned to constantly improve the usefulness of this app. Let us know what you’d like to see!
This application will help users to check if the input line of text matches a particular regular expression.
Users can save their own regular expression or match against the presets available.
For bug report write on our facebook page below indicated.
Welcome to Regular Expression Tool Free(called RegExp Tool for short). The following sections discuss issues about how to use RegExp Tool.
1. What is RegExp Tool
As we all know, Regular Expressions are powerful and flexible text-processing tools and have a very long history. Many programming languages integrate Regular Expressions, for example Python, Perl, Java.
RegExp Tool is made for people who use Regular Expressions.
There are three components in RegExp Tools, a verifier, a tester and a helper.
When you want to know if an input string and a regular expression are matched, you can use the verifier.
When you want to test your ability of regular expression, you can use the tester.
When you want to learn the syntax of regular expression, you can use the helper.
2. The Verifier
The Verfier can help you to check out if an input string and a regular expression are matched.
You can type any string and regular expression you want in the Verifier. The Verifier takes over the rest job and judges if your input string an regular expression are matched after you press the button Verify.
3. The Tester
The Tester helps you to test your ability and skill about regular expressions. It produces a random string in the Input String, you job is typing the right regular expression. Please notice that your regular expression must meet the requirement. And the scores are recored.
4. The Helper
If you have any questiones about the syntax of regular expressions, the Helper can help you. The Helper lists all the
pre-defined expressions and their meanings. The Help provides search function too.
5. About RegExp Tool
I sincerely hope RegExp Tools can help you when you learn or work with regular expressions.
If you have any questions, you are very welcome to email me.
Author: Jimmy Chen
• Real-time regex syntax and match highlighting
• Saving and editing your regexes
• Two-way integration with regexpal.com
• Easily accessible quick reference
• Open source. https://bitbucket.org/andkorsh/regexpal-android/
The app is two-way integrated, but not affiliated with regexpal.com. RegexPal name and logo is used with RegexPal permission.
Regular Expressions are an invaluable tool that you can use to search for specific patterns of text within a large volume of text. This can be useful, for example, if you have a large number of log files and you need to pull out every occurrence of an IP address for analysis.
ReadyRegex includes a dictionary, so that you can look up the tokens you need to design the Regex string you need. It also provides some examples and explanation of how to construct a Regex and a live testing utility.
Most of the decipher tools show, besides a plain translation of the code, several variants as well (differing in orientation, mirroring etc.) Extensive reference lists and tables are also available. Since version 2.0 it is possible to use Puzzlehunt Assistant for cipher design as well as solving.
Also included are several tools for easing routine tasks accompanying cipher solving – frequency analysis, checkpoint logbook, calendar, and a regular expression search engine.
Unique features of the Puzzlehunt Assistant:
→ Intuitive touch control optimized for both phones and tablets
→ Graphical signal flag recognition
→ Fine-tuning of alphabetical ordering (optional inclusion of J, Q, X)
→ Regexp dictionary search among almost 90000 entries
→ Automated checkpoint logbook (check-in and check-out time, solution, notes, …)
→ Complete reference tables (including symbols, signal flag meanings, etc.)
→ Option to switch localisations (currently en, cs)
Puzzlehunt Assistant offers the following tools:
– Morse code, reference, variants, transmission via flash light or beeps
– Braille, reference
– Letter numbering in five radices, Roman numerals, permutations; cyclic counting, ASCII, alphabet fine-tuning
– Semaphore, reference, variants
– Pigpen ciphers, Polybius square, Multi-tap, variants, Bifid and Trifid ciphers
– Signal flags, reference including single flag meanings
– Caesar, Atbash, Vigenère, Beaumont, autokey, keyword ciphers, custom translation tables
– Transposition ciphers: aligning the input in rectangle or triangle, geometric manipulation (zoom, rotation, shear)
– Extensive frequency analysis – letters, digits, symbols, word lengths, initial & final letters, etc., reference table of typical English relative letter counts
– Calendar tools, conversions of day numbers in week/month/year, difference, optional reference of Czech and Slovak name days
– Checkpoint Logbook, automated check-in and check-out time record, notes; export
– Regular expression dictionary search using spell checker dictionary (download required)
Please note that Puzzlehunt Assistant is neither designed nor meant to:
– display any sort of artificial intelligence including suggestions, prediction, or utility rating
– passively display lookup tables, Morse trees etc.
– substitute commonly available apps like calculator, web searcher, or OCR
– substitute paper in graphical cipher solving
Explanation of required permissions:
– Internet access, Read and Write access to external storage: needed for downloading and storing of dictionary data
– Camera, flashlight (new in 2.0): needed for transmitting Morse code using light
Tested on the following devices:
– Samsung Galaxy Note
– Samsung Galaxy SII
– Samsung Galaxy i5800
– Yarvik TAB220
– Vodafone 845
– HTC Desire Plus C
Comments and suggestions most welcome!
**Translators and correctors wanted**
The current English translation was provided solely by the author. Any suggestions for better / more natural formulations are accepted. Please don't hesitate contact me on my e-mail listed above. Thank you in advance!
More from developer
You can save your favourite regexs for quick access later and can test your regexs against any data easily.
Any matches and capturing groups are clearly visible and can be quickly copied to the clipboard for use in other applications.
This is the free, ad supported, version of Regex Dictionary.