The DBT Selfhelp & Diary Card app teaches you skills that help you manage overwhelming emotions, break destructive behaviors, develop healthy relationships, be more focused in the present moment and increase your quality of life.
The inability to accept and cope with emotions is at the core of most destructive behaviors, so by training skills that help you manage these emotions instead of acting on them you can avoid both the negative consequences of your behavior and also reduce the emotional suffering.
The app contains detailed descriptions, practice tips and rationale based on the skills used in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, which has proven to be very effective in helping people with various difficulties – in particular due to its focus on learning effective skills. The skills are divided into six modules: Mindfulness, Interpersonal Skills, Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance, Validation, and Problem Solving. The app’s functions are designed to strengthen learning of and increase accessibility to the skills, thereby assisting the development of effective behaviors.
Each skills module provides several practice exercises where you can document when you practice or use specific skills in different situations.
The Diary Card allows you to monitor your target behaviors, your emotions and also the skills you train or use on a daily basis. This will give you a deeper understanding of the patterns in your emotions and behaviors as well as the progress you make as you practice and use the skills in your life.
- User friendly interface
- Comprehensive theory and rationale that teaches you about emotions, relationships, behaviors and how you can affect these.
- Ability to practice and use skills from the areas of Mindfulness, Interpersonal effectiveness, Emotion regulation, - -Validation, Problem solving and Distress tolerance.
- Skills descriptions, including rationale and practice tips.
- Creation of any number of personalized skill lists with the skills of your choice.
- Documentation of results and reflections from various skill practice session handouts.
- Function for performing your own behavioral analysis using chain analysis work sheets.
- Function for monitoring your mood, behaviors and skills using a Diary Card.
- Sending of your Diary Cards and practice sessions by e-mail, for example to your therapist.
- Reminder function with built in calendar for increased privacy.
- Creation and marking of a specific skill list that acts as a crisis list for increased accessibility.
- Languages: English and Swedish. More languages will be added in future updates.
This app will help you to:
* Use effective skills to identify, manage and regulate feelings and emotions;
* Cope with overwhelming emotions without acting impulsively;
* Gain greater understanding on how thoughts, emotions, physiology and behaviors affect each other;
* Build and manage healthy balanced relationships and develop tools of communication;
* Change behavior to increase the positive emotions in your life;
* Increase your level of mindfulness and cultivate your awareness and concentration.
The DBT Self-help & Diary Card app is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.