This is a very simple free app that allows you to do the following:
- Lock your screen's rotation in Landscape, Portrait or Auto. When you launch the app, you're faced with these three options.
- Includes a Tasker/Locale plugin so you can automate the rotation switch based on different profiles.
- Ability to launch the app from any window in Android by long pressing on the search key. (Only for devices that have a physical search button).
- Long press on any orientation profile to activate a persistent background service. (This is useful if your phone seems to exit the locked orientation all of a sudden due to low memory resources).
- A widget is provided so you can lock into whatever your current orientation is. (Useful for reverse landscape for example).
I've searched the Market for an app that will lock my screen's autorotate to landscape and found only one paid app that runs a service continuously in the background (regardless of chosen screen orientation) so I wrote this up. It's free and the background service is optional.
It should work on any device sporting Android 2.1 (Froyo) and higher.
keywords: screen control autorotate landscape portrait rotate rotation orientation
You can set auto-rorate/portrait/landscape setting for each app, when you open those apps, it will help you set screen orientation to auto, portrait, landscape automatically.
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
- 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
- Specify the auto rotation screen
- All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
- Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
- Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
- Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
If you need assistance please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org: I am not able to keep up with the reviews and comments.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- 3/4 Forced: automatic mode overriding other app preferences (only portrait, landscape and reverse landscape, NOT reverse portrait; this only works on phones, not on tablets)
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
Switch Auto-rotate feature on/off quickly. Put it as a shortcut in the home screen or long-press search button to run it.
Tired of lying on the bed and your device changes to landscape mode?
Don't you find it inconvenient to change the "Auto-rotate screen settings" using the setting menu?
This app aims to solve these issues.
You could now long-press search key / tap the shortcut to switch the auto-rotate feature.
To reduce memory usage, this app is not a widget (so the icon cannot show the rotate settings) & it'll kill itself after it runs.
• Long-pressing search button to toggle function could not work on Defy, Droid 2 & device without search key
• Some apps (e.g. Battery Graph) do not follow the auto-rotate screen settings in Settings->Display (which can be changed by this app), thus it could not work for those apps.
• "Lock orientation" (Lock landscape) is not possible as Google only allows portrait lock on others' app by design officially.
This app is recommended by Lifehacker
★★ Do you like this App? ★★
Please buy the donation version to support my development!
Scroll down and use 'View more applications' to find it :)
Thank you! :D
While you can force any application into any orientation, not all applications will work correctly in all orientations.
Have your ever received a Pdf that you have been unable to view at the correct orientation on your device? Do you receive Pdf's from clients or consultants produced at the wrong orientation that need to be corrected? Use Pdf Rotate to permanently change the orientation of all pages in a Pdf document (output is to a new file in the same directory with the suffix "-ROTATED" in the free version). Run Pdf Rotate and the next time the Pdf is viewed it will open with the new orientation. Don't rotate your Pdf's one by one, Pdf Rotate allows you to quickly rotate large groups of files. Pdf Rotate is not a Pdf viewer, it is a Pdf rotator.
The app also can merge multiple Pdfs into one document. Can combine multiple size Pdf's. Drag and drop the files to change the order in which they are merged.
The free version creates a new rotated Pdf. Also available - Pro version that rotates the Pdf in place and has no ads.
For merge operations a new file is created.
Lock the screen in landscape or portrait - it will lock the screen the way you want even when some apps don't offer certain orientation
Increase productivity - unnecessary rotation will distract you and interrupt your workflow!
Power saving - every screen rotation will involve a lot of computation. By reducing unnecessary rotation the battery will last a bit longer
There are 8 modes which can be chosen in notification bar:
1. Adaptive mode - detect the device's orientation and prompt you whether to rotate the orientation
2. Landscape - force the orientation in landscape
3. Portrait - force the orientation in portrait
4. Reverse Portrait - force the orientation in reverse portrait
5. Reverse Landscape - force the orientation in reverse Landscape
6. Force auto - automatically rotate the screen in all orientation
7. Stock auto - exactly the same as original auto mode
8. Stock portrait - exactly the same as original portrait mode
Tags: screen orientation rotation control portrait landscape lock reverse power saving upside down
automatically start the app after boot
add special handling to make camera working correctly, only stock gingerbread camera is verified, others may or may not work
add option to disable the app
add an option to revert to portrait on lock screen for devices whose lock screen has problem with it
add an option to autostart the app on bootup
You also can prevent the other application from changing screen orientation.
The following rotation modes are available.
- Guard: this application prevents the other application from changing screen orientation.
- Auto Rotation: screen orientation is determined by a physical orientation sensor.
- Portrait: the screen is in a portrait orientation.
- Portrait (Reverse): the screen is in a portrait orientation; the opposite direction from normal portrait.
- Portrait (Sensor): the screen is in a portrait orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
- Landscape: the screen is in a landscape orientation.
- Landscape (Reverse): the screen is in a landscape orientation; the opposite direction from normal landscape.
- Landscape (Sensor): the screen is in a landscape orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
* Depending on the device, you may not be able to use several modes.
* If "Guard" mode is active, you cannot click "install" button when you want to install an application. When you want to install an application, you should inactivate "Guard" mode or this application.
Switch the screen orientation by tapping the notification in the status bar.
This application is a free version.
The paid version adds the following features.
1) Hide all notification icons
2) No ads
icon creator: Asuka Nakayama
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
**If you are having problems seeing the widget, please try recreating the widget or reinstalling. Necessary code updates may require this action, sorry!
This is designed to match my other widgets. This refreshes on a regular interval and when the screen is turned on (unlike other widgets) to stay up to date.
Please check out my other applications!
This is a widget. Long press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Auto Rotate Widget.
Changelog on website
- Direction separated by 11 kinds of settings, and it can be changed by force.
- Even apps that are not supported in the horizontal direction or the other, it may be forced to switch.
- The app rotate entire screen of device. So can rotate all app.
★ ★ ★ Rotation Options ★ ★ ★
- Basic Rotation(1~4) - General mode and does not override the settings app
- Force Rotation(6~11) - It rotate entire screen of device. So can rotate All app.
1. Portrait - lock the app in portrait
2. Landscape - lock the app in landscape
3. Reverse Portrait - lock the app in reverse portrait
4. Reverse Landscape - lock the app in reverse Landscape
5. Auto-Rotation - Automatically rotate the app in 3 orientations
6. Force Portrait - force lock the screen in portrait
7. Force Landscape - force lock the screen in landscape
8. Force Reverse Portrait - force lock the screen in reverse portrait
9. Force Reverse Landscape - force lock the screen in reverse Landscape
10. Force Auto-Turn - Automatically rotate the screen in all orientations
11. Force Landscape Auto-Turn - Automatically rotate the screen in all Landscape
★ ★ ★ Special Options ★ ★ ★
- Automatically start the service at boot time
- Notification bar feature - layout provided by fast icon
- The rotation pause in Lock screen
- The rotation pause during a call
- All Notification bar toggle function
- Provides a pop-up and rotation option widget
- Sound, vibration when rotated
* Please drop me an email if you see bugs or if you have ideas for specific extensions. *
This completely free app offers a set of various dedicated tools grouped in four sections helping scientists and students:
--Solutions (Solutions & Buffers)--
This section covers general applications in chemistry and biochemistry laboratories like making of solutions with defined molarity and diluting a stock solution to a working solution. It also facilitates the selection of buffer substances for given a pH.
--Proteins (Proteins, Peptides & Amino Acids)--
This set of tools covers the work with amino acids, peptides and Proteins. It allows looking up structures and properties of all amino acids as well as user defined peptides. It also calculates the different fragment masses of specific peptides subjected to mass spectrometry. As chemicals like small molecules or peptides can be modified or may undergo fragment loss in mass spectrometry, one of the available tools tries to identify these mass shifts. A last tool facilitates the accession of protein information from Uniprot (internet connection needed).
The peptide synthesis section provides various information on solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS). Coupling methods and resin loading protocols as well as their concomitant colorimetric tests are explained. Additionally, resin cleavage and deprotection strategies are given. A detailed list of coupling reagent properties completes the section.
--Chemicals (Chemicals & Elements)--
This extract of utilities covers the work with chemicals, metabolites and elements. It allows the calculation of molecular weight using chemical formulas or built-in substances. Chemical formulas from masses measured in mass spectrometry can be found which are linked to representative metabolites (small molecules). One tool allows the lookup of detergent properties sorted and filtered by different characteristics. A last tool lists all elements of the periodic table of elements with detailed and relevant information about them.
This app calculates the chemical formula from exact mass measured in mass spectrometry. It requires the input of the monoisotopic mass, its charge and the ionizing molecule. The chemical formula calculation supports the elements C H N O P S (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur) with a maximal content of 1 single P or S. Thus the app is suited for instant identification of metabolites (small molecules) in non-targeted (open) metabolomics approaches using mass spec.
Positively charged ions with different adducts and with a maximal mass of 500 Da are supported (bigger masses are hard to identify and require much more calculation time).
The chemical formula is automatically checked for even electron content and mass distribution for the different elements. Whether matching formulas are common chemicals can be checked by following the rpvided link to PubChem from NCBI.