This is a very simple free app that allows you to do the following:
- Lock your screen's rotation in Landscape, Portrait or Auto. When you launch the app, you're faced with these three options.
- Includes a Tasker/Locale plugin so you can automate the rotation switch based on different profiles.
- Ability to launch the app from any window in Android by long pressing on the search key. (Only for devices that have a physical search button).
- Long press on any orientation profile to activate a persistent background service. (This is useful if your phone seems to exit the locked orientation all of a sudden due to low memory resources).
- A widget is provided so you can lock into whatever your current orientation is. (Useful for reverse landscape for example).
I've searched the Market for an app that will lock my screen's autorotate to landscape and found only one paid app that runs a service continuously in the background (regardless of chosen screen orientation) so I wrote this up. It's free and the background service is optional.
It should work on any device sporting Android 2.1 (Froyo) and higher.
keywords: screen control autorotate landscape portrait rotate rotation orientation
You can set auto-rorate/portrait/landscape setting for each app, when you open those apps, it will help you set screen orientation to auto, portrait, landscape automatically.
Have your ever received a Pdf that you have been unable to view at the correct orientation on your device? Do you receive Pdf's from clients or consultants produced at the wrong orientation that need to be corrected? Use Pdf Rotate to permanently change the orientation of all pages in a Pdf document (output is to a new file in the same directory with the suffix "-ROTATED" in the free version). Run Pdf Rotate and the next time the Pdf is viewed it will open with the new orientation. Don't rotate your Pdf's one by one, Pdf Rotate allows you to quickly rotate large groups of files. Pdf Rotate is not a Pdf viewer, it is a Pdf rotator.
The app also can merge multiple Pdfs into one document. Can combine multiple size Pdf's. Drag and drop the files to change the order in which they are merged.
The free version creates a new rotated Pdf. Also available - Pro version that rotates the Pdf in place and has no ads.
For merge operations a new file is created.
Make sure to read our Getting Started and FAQ sections at http://screen.bbqdroid.org/
=== IMPORTANT INFORMATION ===
* This app is optimized for rooted Android 4.3, 4.4, 5.0. It can work under limited conditions on Android 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. Some features might not be available if you use the non-rooted method.
* This app requires a client app to be installed on your PC. This app is available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, and its source code is publicly available.
* When this app updates, make sure to check the recent changes to see if a new client version is needed.
* Remote input is currently in beta, it might not work properly on some devices. Please e-mail us if you have any problem.
Unlike many Phone-to-PC screen sharing app, BBQScreen lets you see your device's screen in realtime and at a high framerate. It's super easy to setup, and can work through Wi-Fi, USB Tethering, or even Bluetooth tethering (best experienced with Wi-Fi or USB Tethering).
Since update 2.1, you can now control your device from your computer (using your mouse and keyboard).
Since update 2.2, sound can also be transmitted (on Android 4.3 and 4.4).
Get and install this app on your Android device, and get the latest client app on your computer at http://screen.bbqdroid.org. Follow the instructions at http://screen.bbqdroid.org/getting-started.php for more informations on how to get started.
If you have any question or problem, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Root required ***
*** Try free Lite version before you buy ***
*** It may not work on some devices ***
*** It may not work in some games ***
*** It may crash some games or corrupt their data ***
*** Using it may break EULA of some games ***
*** Use on your own responsibility and risk ***
Still not frightened? Read on then...
I created this application for my daughter.
This application increases time speed in farming games. It does so by increasing device clock speed. Device will be showing wrong time when you start service. Application will restore time when you stop service, but time may be inaccurate.
Note that in video I increased speed of time x110, but lower values are supported too, like x2 or x3. At the moment max range is x1000.
*** Speeding clock may slow down your device, because it will still trigger scheduled events like updates checks, account synchronization and so on. Stopping clock speed increase will bring performance back to normal. ***
** THIS APP IS STILL IN BETA/HUGE DEVELOPMENT: If you don't want to test it, don't buy it, or wait until it gets updated to a final state **
This app lets you see and control another Android device running the BBQScreen server app.
For more details, go to http://screen.bbqdroid.org/
The Remote Control Collection is a compilation of remotes, which you can use to wirelessly control your Windows PC. The unified remotes enable you to control the PC beyond mouse and keyboard!
What others say:
Very responsive and very convenient to use
Solid application with brilliant simplicity
There are many remotes out there, this one is on another level
Setting up this app is a no-brainer
Top app for controlling your PC
Included remote controls are:
-Live Screen (Pro)
-Media Player (Pro)
Imagine your PC’s touchpad right on your Android device. Multitouch gestures like scrolling and zooming are supported. You can toggle the keyboard to send keys at the same time.
Use the physical or virtual Android keyboard to type characters and they will appear on your PC. Important keys like Windows, Escape and Control are also available.
Live Screen Remote
See your PC's screen live right on your Android device and control the mouse in real time.
Control the media player of your choice! Supported are Windows Media Player, iTunes, VLC, Media Monkey, Songbird and more.
Control your slideshows directly from your smartphone! The screen of your PC will be transmitted to your smartphone in real time! That works with Powerpoint, Impress and Adobe Reader, Windows Media Center and more.
Simply say what you want to be typed on your PC. You can also use voice commands to control your PC's media, e.g. "skip this track" or "turn the volume up".
Android Wear Support
You can now control your PC directly from your wrist! Super handy for presentations or controlling a media player.
The Remote Control Server is open source and can be used to control any device in your network. You can use this app to control all your internet of things (IOT) ready devices - like Arduino, Raspberry Pi and so on.
To receive the commands from the Remote Control App, you will need the Remote Control Server. You can download it for free from:
If you have trouble setting up a connection, follow this step-by-step guide or watch the video tutorial at:
Facebook fans can test the pro version for free:
For creating network sockets and using custom network protocols to connect with the pc.
Is needed to create a unique device id. Used to verify purchases and register unlock codes.
For haptic feedback.
You can enable auto-rotation of your smartphone by shaking your device. In no time the auto-rotation setting will change and Rotate on Shake will notify you that the change has occurred with a nice picture that will show the current state of the setting.
✔ Auto start on boot
✔ Sensibility slider
✔ Custom Toast Notification
✔ Vibration Notification
Like a wired monitor, Air Display works in two ways:
(1) Extend your computer screen onto a second screen, or
(2) Mirror the contents of your computer screen onto your Android screen.
This new edition, Air Display 2, lets you wirelessly extend or mirror your screen to up to four iPads simultaneously to create unique training sessions or presentations. And now you can pinch-zoom in and out of high-resolution displays.
Air Display's performance is extremely responsive, employing a unique dynamic compression algorithm. On a typical Wi-Fi network, mouse cursor refreshes are indistinguishable from a wired mouse. Air Display works in both landscape and portrait configurations. Just rotate your screen, and it automatically reconfigures. Air Display makes a laptop much more useful by increasing its usable screen size.
Air Display not only gives you a wireless computer screen extender or mirror, but also works as a tablet input device. You can use your finger to draw directly on the screen's surface. Try it with a calculator, painting tool, or music control surface. Simple gestures allow you to operate the right mouse button and scroll wheel. When you rotate the screen, or disconnect and reconnect, your windows are automatically repositioned appropriately, so you don't have to drag them back to the Android screen.
Some great uses for Air Display include:
- Fill your Air Display screen with your utility apps such as iChat, Mail, iCal, and Calculator.
- Graphic design: Make Photoshop and Illustrator usable on your laptop by putting your tool palettes on the Android screen.
- Music: Use your Android screen as a wireless control surface for Logic or Pro Tools.
- Programming: Use the extra display area for such auxiliary development tools as Console, Terminal, and the Debugger.
- Business: Move all of your iWork and Office palettes and inspector windows onto Air Display, and let your document fill the screen.
On first launch, Air Display presents easy instructions for downloading and installing the free companion support software for your desktop computer.
Mac OS X compatibility: Air Display Host requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later.
Windows compatibility: Air Display Host requires Windows 7 or 8. (Windows 7 Starter Edition is not supported.)
Both devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
IMPORTANT: The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with Windows PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To check: open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD/ATI graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
Don't be tied to your home or office computer. Send and receive e-mails, edit documents, surf the web, manage files and do hundred other things that you usually do on your desktop, even when you are on a business trip or stuck in a traffic jam.
Simply install mobile application on your Android and RDM+ Desktop on the remote computer and RDM+ is ready to use. No need to adjust any firewall or router settings.
"In a short time, your desktop's screen will be displayed on your Android phone and you can pretty much do whatever it is that you want to do."
Why RDM+ is really a must-have tool for you?
- Sometimes you need to check or edit your documents, and your computer is nowhere near you. Do it easily using familiar mouse commands, standard Windows and Mac hotkeys. Pinch to zoom in/zoom out.
- Copy, rename, delete files, send them from PC to your Android and vice versa with built-in file manager.
- System Manager: see how your desktop is doing while you are away from home. Check and change system settings, execute command line commands, control running processes.
- Works via both WiFi and carrier data network.
- Ultimate security level makes your data exchange absolutely safe. Master password protects list of your computers, so even if your device is stolen or lost, noone could access your information.
- Easy access for enterprise users through NAT and Firewall as well as for individual users with dynamic IPs.
- No hidden costs. Application price is a one-time fee. Connect to any number of your desktop computers without any additional charges.
- Available in English, Spanish, German, French and Italian.
Note: Free RDM+ Desktop application should be installed on each computer you want to have access to.
Download it from rdmplus.com web site.
Supports Intel-based Macs running on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion,
Microsoft Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista / 2008 / 7.
Retina display (HiDPI mode) is not yet supported.
Keywords: remote, desktop, access, control, file, system, manager, shutdown, administration, hotkeys, service, rdmplus, windows, mac
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
- 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
- Specify the auto rotation screen
- All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
- Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
- Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
- Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
If you need assistance please contact me at email@example.com: I am not able to keep up with the reviews and comments.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- 3/4 Forced: automatic mode overriding other app preferences (only portrait, landscape and reverse landscape, NOT reverse portrait; this only works on phones, not on tablets)
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
You also can prevent the other application from changing screen orientation.
The following rotation modes are available.
- Guard: this application prevents the other application from changing screen orientation.
- Auto Rotation: screen orientation is determined by a physical orientation sensor.
- Portrait: the screen is in a portrait orientation.
- Portrait (Reverse): the screen is in a portrait orientation; the opposite direction from normal portrait.
- Portrait (Sensor): the screen is in a portrait orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
- Landscape: the screen is in a landscape orientation.
- Landscape (Reverse): the screen is in a landscape orientation; the opposite direction from normal landscape.
- Landscape (Sensor): the screen is in a landscape orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
* Depending on the device, you may not be able to use several modes.
* If "Guard" mode is active, you cannot click "install" button when you want to install an application. When you want to install an application, you should inactivate "Guard" mode or this application.
- Direction separated by 11 kinds of settings, and it can be changed by force.
- Even apps that are not supported in the horizontal direction or the other, it may be forced to switch.
- The app rotate entire screen of device. So can rotate all app.
★ ★ ★ Rotation Options ★ ★ ★
- Basic Rotation(1~4) - General mode and does not override the settings app
- Force Rotation(6~11) - It rotate entire screen of device. So can rotate All app.
1. Portrait - lock the app in portrait
2. Landscape - lock the app in landscape
3. Reverse Portrait - lock the app in reverse portrait
4. Reverse Landscape - lock the app in reverse Landscape
5. Auto-Rotation - Automatically rotate the app in 3 orientations
6. Force Portrait - force lock the screen in portrait
7. Force Landscape - force lock the screen in landscape
8. Force Reverse Portrait - force lock the screen in reverse portrait
9. Force Reverse Landscape - force lock the screen in reverse Landscape
10. Force Auto-Turn - Automatically rotate the screen in all orientations
11. Force Landscape Auto-Turn - Automatically rotate the screen in all Landscape
★ ★ ★ Special Options ★ ★ ★
- Automatically start the service at boot time
- Notification bar feature - layout provided by fast icon
- The rotation pause in Lock screen
- The rotation pause during a call
- All Notification bar toggle function
- Provides a pop-up and rotation option widget
- Sound, vibration when rotated
* Please drop me an email if you see bugs or if you have ideas for specific extensions. *
This completely free app offers a set of various dedicated tools grouped in four sections helping scientists and students:
--Solutions (Solutions & Buffers)--
This section covers general applications in chemistry and biochemistry laboratories like making of solutions with defined molarity and diluting a stock solution to a working solution. It also facilitates the selection of buffer substances for given a pH.
--Proteins (Proteins, Peptides & Amino Acids)--
This set of tools covers the work with amino acids, peptides and Proteins. It allows looking up structures and properties of all amino acids as well as user defined peptides. It also calculates the different fragment masses of specific peptides subjected to mass spectrometry. As chemicals like small molecules or peptides can be modified or may undergo fragment loss in mass spectrometry, one of the available tools tries to identify these mass shifts. A last tool facilitates the accession of protein information from Uniprot (internet connection needed).
The peptide synthesis section provides various information on solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS). Coupling methods and resin loading protocols as well as their concomitant colorimetric tests are explained. Additionally, resin cleavage and deprotection strategies are given. A detailed list of coupling reagent properties completes the section.
--Chemicals (Chemicals & Elements)--
This extract of utilities covers the work with chemicals, metabolites and elements. It allows the calculation of molecular weight using chemical formulas or built-in substances. Chemical formulas from masses measured in mass spectrometry can be found which are linked to representative metabolites (small molecules). One tool allows the lookup of detergent properties sorted and filtered by different characteristics. A last tool lists all elements of the periodic table of elements with detailed and relevant information about them.
This app calculates the chemical formula from exact mass measured in mass spectrometry. It requires the input of the monoisotopic mass, its charge and the ionizing molecule. The chemical formula calculation supports the elements C H N O P S (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur) with a maximal content of 1 single P or S. Thus the app is suited for instant identification of metabolites (small molecules) in non-targeted (open) metabolomics approaches using mass spec.
Positively charged ions with different adducts and with a maximal mass of 500 Da are supported (bigger masses are hard to identify and require much more calculation time).
The chemical formula is automatically checked for even electron content and mass distribution for the different elements. Whether matching formulas are common chemicals can be checked by following the rpvided link to PubChem from NCBI.