This is a very simple free app that allows you to do the following:
- Lock your screen's rotation in Landscape, Portrait or Auto. When you launch the app, you're faced with these three options.
- Includes a Tasker/Locale plugin so you can automate the rotation switch based on different profiles.
- Ability to launch the app from any window in Android by long pressing on the search key. (Only for devices that have a physical search button).
- Long press on any orientation profile to activate a persistent background service. (This is useful if your phone seems to exit the locked orientation all of a sudden due to low memory resources).
- A widget is provided so you can lock into whatever your current orientation is. (Useful for reverse landscape for example).
I've searched the Market for an app that will lock my screen's autorotate to landscape and found only one paid app that runs a service continuously in the background (regardless of chosen screen orientation) so I wrote this up. It's free and the background service is optional.
It should work on any device sporting Android 2.1 (Froyo) and higher.
keywords: screen control autorotate landscape portrait rotate rotation orientation
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
- 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
- Specify the auto rotation screen
- All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
- Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
- Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
- Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)
Now Spring Sale: 30% off!
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Optimized for Android 1.6 (Donut) all the way to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
Smart keeping screen on using front facing camera.
*** It may not work on your device because of Android fragmentation ***
How does it work:
* It does not modify your system. Any application can request particular rotation on Android, similar to some games that only run in landscape or other applications. So this application requests particular rotation based on accelerometer, camera and your settings.
* Other applications that allow you to force rotations use same technique.
* No changes are done to the system and it is not possible.
* There are several modes available:
- Smart Rotate Off - is same as stock rotation. This allows you to use stock Android rotation where you prefer it.
- Smart Rotate On - forced automatic rotation. This mode can use camera to confirm rotation too. First application detect device rotation using accelerometer, then it uses front facing camera to confirm device rotation and decides to rotate screen or not to rotate depending on your face orientation.
- Portrait/Landscape - locks screen in selected orientation.
* Known problems
- Camera detection may not work on some devices. You can still turn camera off in settings and use this application to force rotate applications or preset screen orientation for particular applications.
- Use front facing camera to evaluate your face position and decide if device screen needs to be rotated.
- Automatically keep screen turned on while you are looking at it (Full version only).
- Lock rotation in landscape or portrait.
- Force rotate applications that does not allow rotation by default.
- Set per application rotation preferences (Full version only).
- Rotation preferences widget and launcher shortcuts.
- Integrates with GMD GestureControl and GMD SPen Control using shortcuts.
Because it is accessible from the status bar, you can quickly be switched at any time.
For example, access is possible even during operation Brotha Internet, time to move to Android Settings screen will disappear.
[Behavior of the application]
Resides in the status bar, change the screen orientation settings with one tap.
Because it is a small application, saving of memory is possible.
[For edition Advance]
"WindowsLockAdvance" to those who changed to (paid version) has the following additional features.
# You have the ability to remove the icon in the status bar display.
[Access to the settings Android]
Changing the general settings of the system
Switch to the ON or OFF only # automatic screen orientation settings automatically.
Xperia x10 v2.1
Xperia x10 v2.3.3
Xperia acro v2.3.4
Galaxy S3 v4.0.4
Emulator v2.3.3, v4.0.3
You don't have to slide to unlock the phone.
ONLY power key wake and auto unlock. Keeps side keys locked.
*Wake-key is different by the phone mode.(Power/Home...)
* Auto unlock keyguard
* Not unlock keyguard when phone is in pocket or bag
* Coexist with NoLED App
* The 5 days limited Trial Edition is available, Try it first!
* Tested on Galaxy S
You can use this app to:
- Control computers remotely as if you were sitting right in front of them.
- On the go support your clients, colleagues, and friends
- Gain access to your office desktop with all of the documents and installed applications
- Remotely administrate unattended computers (e.g. servers)
- Effortlessly access computers behind firewalls and proxy servers
- Intuitive touch and control gestures (including Windows 8 multitouch support)
- Full keyboard functionality (including special keys such as Windows®, Ctrl+Alt+Del )
- Transfer files in both directions
- Multi monitor support
- Sound and video transmission in real-time
- Highest security standards: 256 Bit AES Session Encoding, 2048 Bit RSA Key Exchange
- Plus so much more …
1. Install this app
2. Install or start TeamViewer on your computer from our website
3. Enter your computer’s TeamViewer ID and password
Included remote controls are:
-Live Screen (Pro)
-Media Player (Pro)
Imagine your PC’s touchpad right on your Android device. Multitouch gestures like scrolling and zooming are supported. You can toggle the keyboard to send keys at the same time.
Use the physical or virtual Android keyboard to type characters and they will appear on your PC. Important keys like Windows, Escape and Control are also available.
Live Screen Remote
See your PC's screen right on your Android device live and control the mouse. You can customize the resolution up to Full HD.
Control the media player of your choice! Supported are Windows Media Player, iTunes, VLC, Media Monkey, Songbird and more.
Control your slideshows directly from your smartphone! The screen of your PC will be transmitted to your smartphone in real time! That works with Powerpoint, Impress and Adobe Reader and Windows Media Center.
Easily navigate through long websites like Facebook, 9gag or something similar.
Shutdown the PC from your bed or use the most common keyboard shortcuts to work faster.
To receive the commands from the Remote Control App, you will need the Remote Control Server. You can download it for free from:
If you have trouble setting up a connection, follow this step-by-step guide or watch the video tutorial at:
Facebook fans can test the pro version for free:
For creating network sockets and using custom network protocols to connect with the pc.
Is needed to create a unique device id. Used to verify purchases and register unlock codes.
For haptic feedback.
**NEW*** Keen Screen Rotator (KSR) is a smart app orientation tool that can save you time from manually rotating back and forth the screen orientation for each individual app that you have on your phone or tablet. Even if you have your device setting on auto-screen rotate, it can lock a particular app the way you want it.
Just like other apps, this screen rotation app allows you to set the orientation to auto-rotate/portrait/landscape setting for each app. WHAT MAKES KSR DIFFERENT is that you can set all apps at once with the global feature or put app into groups that you can name and just set the orientation for that group.
- Lists the number of apps installed
- Global orientation setting
- Individual orientation setting
- Create Groups for orientation
- Sort by app Name or Group
- Global Reset All
++ Quick Instructions:
- Global Settings: Click on the Globe Icon to set the orientation for all apps.
- Individual Settings: Click to the right (default "Auto") of each app to set the orientation.
- Group Settings: Click on the icon of an app to create or move to a group. Default group is "None". Click on the name of the group to rename it.
Keywords: Screen rotator tool, Ultimate Rotation Control, Smart Rotator, AutoRotate OnOff, Lock Screen, switcher, Rotation Locker, global settings, Adaptive display.
Access is granted via the myControlServer app which should be installed on the host prior to connection.
Please visit our website to download the myControlServer host application.
All of the latest Windows and Linux platforms are supported, inc Windows 8 (Pro).
▶ seamless connectivity with full mouse and keyboard emulation
▶ connect via wifi (IP address) or a Bluetooth pairing
▶ clean and intuitive interface (easy to use)
▶ fully configurable automation via the host scripting engine
▶ voice commands for text entry and script execution
▶ custom script icons with an interactive quick launch bar
▶ remote screen capture function
▶ password protection and port control
▶ a community based script repository
▶ dedicated user support via email
▷ more features to be added shortly
Automate common tasks such as starting a Google search, launching a TV catchup site (BBC iPlayer, Hulu, SKY Go, Netflix,etc) or requesting a music track via Spotify or iTunes (without the requirement of VNC or RDP / remote desktop).
Design your own scripts or choose from a wide selection of custom commands submitted to the myControl community on our website.
Note: the free version of myControl is limited to one script addition only. Please upgrade to myControl Pro to experience the full potential of the application.
Take full control of your Home Theatre PC setup without having to pick up a remote or attach any other device (USB UIRT, gmote, gpad or unified remote). Experience the full power of Windows 8 with voice control scripts customised for the most popular apps and interfaces (XBMC, winamp, VLC, boxee, Spotify search, media center and xbox smart glass).
myControl is also the ideal companion for presentations and audio / video demonstrations (powerpoint, picasa, tumblr, flickr, dropbox, adode PDF / flash and other office tools).
A full user guide can be found on our website:
Take control now with any phone, tablet or mobile device.
This version is a fully featured FREE download. No adverts or cookies are used to ensure that the interface is kept clean and intuitive.
Watch popular television episodes and series, such as Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, True Blood, Family Guy, The Big Bang Theory and The Simpsons; or any of your movie collection from the comfort of your sofa with an HTPC powered by myControl.
Enjoy live sports (football, hockey and baseball) from any Internet feed that you would normally watch on your laptop without the hassle of a wired mouse or keyboard.
Supported operating systems include: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (Pro). Linux is also fully supported (Ubuntu or Fedora recommended). Apple Mac support to follow.
The user interface is optimised for all of the latest Android devices, including: Samsung Galaxy S4, Google Nexus, Sony Xperia, ASUS Transformer, Motorola X and many more mobile and tablet specifications.
Root access is not required to make use of the my Control application, however the myControlServer application should be installed and executed on the host PC with administrator privileges.
Please contact us via the support email listed below to report any issues or to submit feature requests / recommendations.
More from developer
* Please drop me an email if you see bugs or if you have ideas for specific extensions. *
This completely free app offers a set of various dedicated tools grouped in four sections helping scientists and students:
--Solutions (Solutions & Buffers)--
This section covers general applications in chemistry and biochemistry laboratories like making of solutions with defined molarity and diluting a stock solution to a working solution. It also facilitates the selection of buffer substances for given a pH.
--Proteins (Proteins, Peptides & Amino Acids)--
This set of tools covers the work with amino acids, peptides and Proteins. It allows looking up structures and properties of all amino acids as well as user defined peptides. It also calculates the different fragment masses of specific peptides subjected to mass spectrometry. As chemicals like small molecules or peptides can be modified or may undergo fragment loss in mass spectrometry, one of the available tools tries to identify these mass shifts. A last tool facilitates the accession of protein information from Uniprot (internet connection needed).
The peptide synthesis section provides various information on solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS). Coupling methods and resin loading protocols as well as their concomitant colorimetric tests are explained. Additionally, resin cleavage and deprotection strategies are given. A detailed list of coupling reagent properties completes the section.
--Chemicals (Chemicals & Elements)--
This extract of utilities covers the work with chemicals, metabolites and elements. It allows the calculation of molecular weight using chemical formulas or built-in substances. Chemical formulas from masses measured in mass spectrometry can be found which are linked to representative metabolites (small molecules). One tool allows the lookup of detergent properties sorted and filtered by different characteristics. A last tool lists all elements of the periodic table of elements with detailed and relevant information about them.
This app calculates the chemical formula from exact mass measured in mass spectrometry. It requires the input of the monoisotopic mass, its charge and the ionizing molecule. The chemical formula calculation supports the elements C H N O P S (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur) with a maximal content of 1 single P or S. Thus the app is suited for instant identification of metabolites (small molecules) in non-targeted (open) metabolomics approaches using mass spec.
Positively charged ions with different adducts and with a maximal mass of 500 Da are supported (bigger masses are hard to identify and require much more calculation time).
The chemical formula is automatically checked for even electron content and mass distribution for the different elements. Whether matching formulas are common chemicals can be checked by following the rpvided link to PubChem from NCBI.