"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough" - Oprah Winfrey
Gratitude is a completely private and colourful journal app that reminds us to be grateful during the day and become more mindful.
Thoughts are really powerful! We believe that happiness is just a thought away. Our lives have so become busy preoccupied with distractions that we let our thoughts go helter-skelter towards negativity. This app reminds us to observe our thoughts, focus on the positive and increase overall happiness.
Keeping a Gratitude journal and being thankful for small little things could have tremendous benefits on your quality of life. Many therapists recommend keeping a Gratitude journal to help us calm our anxiety, manage stress, have a better and deep sleep, improve our focus and concentration, break addictive habits and improve mindfulness levels at work. Research reveals Gratitude has significant benefits:
1. It opens the door to more relationships. Taking a moment to thank people and relations that matter to you definitely goes a long way to increase our happiness levels.
2. Improves physical health. Lower levels of stress and mindful about surroundings including mindful eating improves physical strength.
3. Improves psychological health. Gratitude directly impacts well-being, increases overall happiness and reduces depression.
4. Enhances empathy and reduces aggression. Gratitude enables us to forgive and forget grudges or negative people, helps control our anger.
5. Grateful people sleep better. Expressing and writing grateful thoughts before sleep leads to better and quality sleep.
6. Improves self-esteem. It’s human nature to complain about things that we lack or compare ourselves with another. Gratitude makes it easy to let go of unwanted things and builds our esteem and confidence.
7. Gratitude makes us more mindful and increases mental strength. Gratitude not only reduces stress, but plays a major role in overcoming trauma.
Gratitude app is very easy to use, intuitive, colourful and completely private and ads free. What makes the Gratitude app so wonderful.
1. Completely private – requires no login or signup. Stores your data locally on your device or uses your Google drive account, so data remains with you.
2. No ads – Ads are very obtrusive and can spoil our experience while expressing our Gratitude. We want to be completely ads free forever.
3. Helpful prompts – we tend to take little things for granted and it could be daunting task to understand what things we could and should be grateful for. The prompts in the app help you to get started with your Gratitude journey.
4. Daily quotes that encourages you to take control of your day once you wake up by instilling positivity and feeling the magic around you.
5. Colours and images – Paint your journal with pastel colours and make your journal entries memorable with camera snaps.
6. Practice Gratitude using Daily reminders – Most enjoyed feature of Gratitude. You can setup multiple reminders to make Gratitude as a way of life.
7. Send out letters of Gratitude – Pause for a moment and share a thank you letter with your dear and loved ones.
8. Passcode lock – Protect your journal with a lock or fingerprint authentication.
9. Gratitude streaks – a fun way to see and share your Gratitude journey.
You can also use your Gratitude journal to write affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements about yourself and what you want to be. Repeating affirmations will help users to focus on their good qualities, what they want to be, and eventually manifest it. Research from a team led by CMU's David Creswell found that people can boost their ability to solve problems under pressure by using self-affirmation.
App icon inspired from gratitude by boggu from the Noun Project.