Writer's philosophy is Keep It Simple. Writer tries to be as basic as possible, giving you somewhere to turn your thoughts into text, markdown support, and some statistics. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Note: Files are currently stored stored in sdcard://Writer/. Future versions of Writer will allow you to select a custom directory, share documents through email, and synchronize your documents using Dropbox and Box.net
“App of the Week Feb 2015” — Gizmodo UK
“It made writing simple & enjoyable again” — Lifehacker Japan
“JotterPad is the writing app for creatives” — TheNextWeb
# Full Featured Text Editor
- Distraction-free Interface
- Built in English Dictionary
- Extended Keyboard
- Keyboard Shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+Z for undo)
- Open .txt, .md, .fountain
- Phrase Finding
- Undo & Redo
- Word and Character Count
# Innovative Technology
- Live Markdown (Also known as Syntax Highlighting)
- Custom font
- Night Mode
- Dropbox Integration (Works even when offline)
- RTL Support
- Support Multiple Encodings (UTF-8, BIG 5 etc.)
- True Italic
- Typewriter Scrolling
- Typeface & Style Customization
- Exclusive fonts. Hoefler&Co. Ideal Sans, FF Fago Mono, Novel Mono
# Share and Export
- Share .txt
- Share Plain text
- Plain Text/Markdown to PDF (Android 4.4 and above)
- Plain Text/Markdown to .rtf
- Markdown to HTML
- Markdown to Formatted text
- Markdown to .docx (Beta)
# Get Creative™ (*Requires In-app Purchase)
- Custom font
- Export to .docx
- Markdown Preview
- Live Markdown (Syntax Highlighting)
- Remove PDF Watermark
- Snapshots to backup document
- English Thesaurus & Rhyme
- Typewriter Scrolling
1. JotterPad saves your work on exit.
2. Some of the features require Creative IAP.
3. App cleaning agents (Clean Master) delete text files. Please disable them.
4. JotterPad does not open .docx.
For more information,
Step by step, this method helps you define your subject, organize your story outline and its various elements while at the same time letting your imagination roam freely.
* Expert designed lessons on the main principle of writing
* Over 35 exercises related to your story including tips and help
* Full word processing software
* PDF export
* Spell checker
* Smart chapter navigator
* Summary note
* Character and set cards, and many other tools
* Extremely user friendly
This app is compatible with NovelWriter for PC and Mac.
If you need help or found issues, please contact us by email for faster answer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next features available soon :
* drag and drop of scenes and chapters
* save file on dropbox or googledrive
Writeometer is a handy app to keep your writing on track, whether you're writing for a blog, finishing your dissertation, taking on the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) challenge, or simply trying to maintain a daily creative writing habit.
* Set daily writing reminders
* Writing logbook and progress chart
* Integrated productivity timer to ward off procrastination
* Motivational treats and inspirational quotes for those moments of writer's block
* Ideal for NaNoWriMo, blogging, thesising, or any other project involving a writing habit
Writeometer is easy to use: start up the app, set a daily goal and a total goal for your project, and you'll be reminded to write for 25 minutes each day. All good accomplishments take time: by finishing just one Writeometer session a day, 150 words each day, every day for one year, you will have a sizable novel written by the end of the year.
Good luck with that project!
★★★★★ – “Simple: great, great, great.”
★★★★★ – “Awesome app. Very creative and fun. Easy to use also!!”
★★★★★ – “I love this app. It helps me get things out on instagram”
★★★★★ – "I have fun with the designs and frames. U need to take time and play with it.”
✔ App of the day 28 May 2012
✔ Featured in Android Magazin (Dutch Edition) May 2012
✔ Custom backgrounds
✔ Custom stickers
✔ Variety of fonts
✔ Many cool text effects (reflection, shadow, rotation & more...)
You can save them in your gallery, or share them with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitpic, Pinerest,Whatsapp, Streamzoo, Picstitch, Instacollage ,Instaframe (or Pic stitch), BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), etc.
You may use it with Picstitch, Instacollage, Instaframe, Twitpic, ebuddy, line, viber, pinterest, cutie, textcutie, photogrid, grid, shape, sutro, mainpage, collage, instamessage, instaquote, photo, fontself, photography, brannan, drawcam, inkwell, amaro, messaging, lango, airdrop, yakitori, texting, ubersocial, tikl, msgs, messageme, imessage, maker, top1, walden, cnet, rectangle, yolo, hefe, piccollage, colornote, photowall, earlybird, nimbuzz, top5, certificate, photographers, chomp, swag, tumblr, error, authority, follower, followers, inbox and many other other apps.
It comes with many cute and beautiful backgrounds, frames, filters, fonts, effects & more...
Textgram can be used along with other photo editing applications like: brannan, sutro, hefe, photogrid, picsart, grid, walden, inkwell, drawcam, fontself, amaro, collages, collage, piccollage, earlybird, yakitori, nashville, studio, hudson, toaster.
INTERNET ACCESS - Used for Textgram Store, where extra templates, backgrounds, stickers & frames are available to download for free.
STORAGE - Used to save the textgrams you create, and to save the items downloaded from Textgram Store.
In "iDeas for Writing" you will find:
CREATOR OF FIRST LINES
A creative trigger with thousand of great suggestions to give your stories a starting point.
CREATOR OF TITLES
A generator of surprising and inspiring titles to put the finishing touch to your novels, screenplays, tales...
CREATOR OF CHARACTERS
A creative trigger with an infinite number of characters for you to find and model the protagonists of your narrations.
CREATOR OF RANDOM WORDS
A generator of five random words for you to get inspired before your daily writing and to use as a start point in some exercises of the app.
A complete writing workshop with a lot of exercises organized by category and difficulty, for you to improve your writing and get the most of the creative triggers in the app.
The categories you will find in the writing exercises are:
1. Start writing right now. Exercises to beat the blank page and start writing as soon as possible
2. Build your characters. Exercises to create and shape memorable characters
3. Master The Techniques. Exercises for improving your writing skills
4. Dialogue and POV. Exercises for improving dialogue and narrators
5. Create the atmosphere. Exercises to describe and give atmosphere to the stories easily
6. Quick Exercises. For those days you haven't much time
Besides, we keep working on the app to help you in your writing with new great features.
"iDeas for Writing", inspiration in your pocket.
© iDeas for Writing - Literautas
BookWriterLite is a simple, flexible, and cost-effective application to write books/notes/draw diagrams etc on your Android Phone/Tablet.
You can write a book, diary, novel, story and export it as a PDF.
Many people, at least once in their life, have thought about writing a book.
The goal isn't always to spread an idea. Sometimes the goal is to make
something that gives your ideas substance and allows them to travel.
Users of free versions can use only 4 pages. Please support our work by buying paid version.
- Write and Organize Books/Notes/Stories for Android Phones/Tablets.
- Complete data is stored locally on the device.
- Handwritten notes can be saved inside paint book.
- Book PDF can be generated and viewed with any PDF reader.
Please Note: You need to install a PDF reader to view PDF on the Phone.
- Pages can be bookmarked and the Table of Content is generated automatically.
- Images and Notes can be embedded inside the page.
- Book can be protected by password.
- Book Cover can be customized by the user.
- User can share books with friends via Email.
- PDF can be saved on External Storage.
- Resizing of image might fail on some phones.We are in processing of fixing it and will release an update soon.
If you have any compatibility issue on your phone/tablet please contact us at email@example.com.
Please visit http://www.easybookwriter.com for more information.
Keywords: write a book bookwriter write notes paint handwritten notes
Write for Android stores all your writings safely and remembers the last position you stopped writing. You can just start over where you left off when opening the app next time.
It does not come with any kind of cloud backup, text lay-outing or other fancy stuff. Just plain text editing.
Do you like Write for Android but want an online solution? Check out my new app Write for Dropbox here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leihwelt.android.write2
Use the built in copy&paste functions of Android Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich to make the most use out of Write for Android! You can select text passages, cut, copy and paste.
See it on a real device using fullscreen mode:
This is similar to "Pop for iOS" and comparable text editors that take on ZEN writing on your mobile phone.
Write is available for Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
• tools: draw, erase, select, insert space, and add bookmark
• move strokes and insert space in multiples of the page's ruling
• reflow handwritten text with the insert space tool
• insert bookmarks and label them with handwriting
• create handwritten links to bookmarks and websites
• insert images into documents
• cut, copy, paste selection
• unlimited undo/redo jog dial
• continuous scrolling of document
• pressure sensitive drawing on devices with an active stylus or NVIDIA DirectStylus technology
• customize and save pens
• customize page size, color, and ruling
• pages can grow automatically when writing nears edge
• split screen with web browser to take notes from web pages or videos
• HTML/SVG document format viewable in any modern web browser (PDF export also available)
• organize documents with folders
• Internet access for the built-in web browser.
• Write to SD card - documents are stored in /sdcard/styluslabs/write/
Problems? Feature requests? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The NowPad lets you take notes on top of any opened app and runs quietly in the background when not in use.
Write Now features three different types of notes: text, checklist, and voice; and with more to come, Write Now will be your one-stop note app!
Make accessing your notes even easier by pinning them to your notification bar or adding a home-screen widget.
Secure your notes by setting a password and Write Now will automatically encrypt your note based on your unique password.
★ FEATURES ★
- Take notes without leaving your current app
- Three types of notes: text, checklist, and voice
- Organize your notes in easy-to-use folders
- Pin notes to your notification bar
- Create home-screen widgets
- Lock and encrypt notes with a password
- Easy sharing and exporting features
- Runs in the background quietly without draining battery or processing power
★ USES ★
You can takes while you're...
- taking a call.
- reading an article.
- checking your email.
- browsing the Internet.
- playing a game.
- looking up directions.
- watching a video.
- taking a picture.
- listening to music.
- doing anything!
More information at http://www.aerodroid.com/apps/write_now.php
- Fast and easy to use
- Write as many pages as you want, keep all your ideas in one single notepad
- Automatic backup with restore points + backup preview
- Copy, cut and paste
- Change the text color
- Add tags to your notepads
- Text align: left, center, right
- Create notes using and existing one as a template
- Change the note configuration at any time
- 6 exclusive high quality designs (24 in PRO version)
- Send your notes by SMS, email or even to your Dropbox :)
- Backup your notes by sending them to your email
- 3 font sizes: Small, Medium and Large (4 in PRO version)
- 7 different widget sizes: 1x1(S), 2x1, 2x2(M), 3x2, 3x3(L), 4x2, 4x4(XL)
- Add a shortcut in the notification bar to access quickly to all your notes
Exclusive PRO features:
* 24 exclusive notepad designs
* Save and load backup file from the SD card
* XL font size
* Send your notes to Evernote (if installed) with just one click
* Create notes at any time from the notification bar -> Very useful to write down your ideas while using other apps like the internet browser :)
The upgrade to obtain the new features is made as an in-app purchase. No need to install a new application :)
Q: How do I add a widget to the homescreen?
A: Once installed, go to your Android home screen/desktop, then, press for 2 or 3 seconds on any empty space. You will notice the "Widgets" option. Click on it and select "Easypad". You can choose between several widget sizes.
Q: When I try to create a note, I can only see a color selection screen. How to continue?
A: When creating a new note, in the note color selection screen, scroll down until seeing a button with a green "OK" symbol. Sometimes, in smaller screens, having so many options will hide it.
Q: How can I backup my notes?
A: Select any note -> Menu -> Backup
Q: Why is it not possible to move the app to the SD card?
A: Applications that make use of homescreen widgets cannot be moved to the SD card. If the SD card is unmounted, the widgets will stop working.
Q: I have purchased the PRO version but I need to install the application again. I am going to pay for it again?
A: Absolutely not. The purchase is made through the Android Market application which will "remember" all the purchases made using your account. Just press the "Get PRO" button to activate it again :)
Our prompt generators use scene elements, words, sketches, colors, genres and writing types, unleashing endless random bits of fantasy to fuel your muse. Plus, we've included our database of 600 creative writing prompts so you've got them right at your finger tips, online or off!
Shake your device or swipe across the screen to change prompts. Add the prompts you like best to your favorites and revisit them at any time.
** Four prompt generators: Scenes, Sketches, Texts and Words. Store your favorite prompts into the "Fav's" tab by tapping the favorite star on any prompt.
** Includes over 250 scene elements, 400 words, 60 sketches, 10 colors, 80+ genres and more -- all of which generate millions and millions of unique prompts.
** Includes 600 text prompts. This assortment of phrases, quotes, writing exercises, story openers and much more will help jump start your writing muse.
** Store an unlimited number of prompts in your "Favorite Prompts". Quickly swipe back and forth to page through them.
** Multitasking support! Switch to another app and back, Writing Prompts resumes quickly right to where you left off.
** Swipe left-to-right to go back to previous prompt! (This is an option in the settings area that can be switched to right-to-left swipe or turned off completely.)
This app is sure to help you fight writer's block and get your creativity flowing!
** REQUIRES: ARMv7, Andriod 2.2 or higher
MyScript® Stylus™ Beta lets you handwrite your inputs on your phone or tablet. Our technology recognizes straight, cursive, scribbly writing - with or without a stylus.
• Edit your text on the fly with gestures:
- Erase characters, words or sentences
- Create line breaks
- Create or remove spaces
- Overwrite characters to correct
• Horizontal continuous writing, to help you write without breaking your flow. This works in portrait or landscape mode.
• Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones).
• Integrated dictionaries to help you write with the correct spelling in 63 languages.
• Supports cursive English recognition and emoticons in Asian language modes (Chinese, Japanese and Korean).
• The user interface of the app itself supports 11 languages including:
Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.
During setup, Android displays a default privacy warning for all input applications. We would like to confirm that MyScript® Stylus™ Beta does not collect any of your data, credit cards or any other information.
Found a bug? Report it at https://support.myscript.com/
63 handwriting recognition languages:
Afrikaans - South Africa, Albanian – Albania, Arabic, Armenian – Armenia, Azeri – Azerbaijan, Basque – Spain, Belarusian – Belarus, Bulgarian – Bulgaria, Catalan – Spain, Chinese (Simplified) – PRC, Chinese (Traditional) – Hong Kong, Chinese (Traditional) – Taiwan, Croatian – Croatia, Czech – Czech republic, Danish – Denmark, Dutch – Netherlands, English – Canada, English – United Kingdom, English – USA, Estonian Estonia, Farsi – Iran, Flemish – Belgium, Finnish – Finland, French – Canada, French – France, Gaelic – Ireland, Galician – Spain, Georgia – Georgia, German – Austria, German – Germany, Greek – Greece, Hebrew – Israel, Hungarian – Hungary, Indonesian – Indonesia, Icelandic – Iceland, Italian – Italy, Japanese – Japan, Kazakh – Kazakhstan, Korean – Korea, Latvian – Latvia, Lithuanian – Lithuania, Macedonian – Macedonia, Malay – Malaysia, Mongolian – Mongolia, Norwegian – Norway, Polish – Poland, Portuguese – Brazil, Portuguese – Portugal, Romanian – Romania, Russian – Russia, Serbian (Cyrillic) – Serbia, Serbian (Latin) – Serbia, Slovak – Slovakia, Slovenian – Slovenia, Spanish – Mexico, Spanish – Spain, Swedish – Sweden, Tatar – Russia, Thai – Thailand, Turkish – Turkey, Ukrainian – Ukraine, Urdu – Pakistan, Vietnamese – Vietnam
SwiftKey is the alternative touch keyboard that gives you smart, fast typing on Android - free. It's the best smart keyboard for Android for fast SMS, chat, text and email, becoming the default across all your apps. It’s packed full of customization features including over 70 colorful themes, layouts for all screen sizes and devices, and supports over 80 languages.
Intelligent autocorrections for even the sloppiest typing.
EMOJI AND EMOJI PREDICTION
Express yourself with over 800 emoji characters (emoticons) and useful Emoji Prediction that learns your favorites. SwiftKey's smart predictive keyboard can also suggest emoji to match your words.
Swipe your finger across the touch screen to type with SwiftKey Flow or tap predictions to enter whole words in one go for easy, fast typing.
Mind-reading word suggestions that learn from you as you type, and get smarter over time.
Customize the look of your keyboard with free and premium themes from the SwiftKey Store
Celebrate College Basketball Fever this March and show your team spirit by customizing the keyboard with one of our College Basketball themes.
TRUE BILINGUAL TYPING
Amazing bilingual typing so you can type in two or three languages with speed and ease. Seamlessly type in over 80 languages, and select up to three languages at once for multilingual typing.
SECURE BACKUP AND PERSONALIZATION
Sync your writing style securely to the cloud and across devices.
Personalize word predictions from your Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Evernote and more.
Type with ease about daily news, sports and entertainment topics with Trending Phrases.
Gain access to the SwiftKey Store to browse new themes.
Follow us on Facebook by searching for "SwiftKey" and on Twitter at @swiftkey.
Chinese (Simplified) !
Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) !
Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong) !
Persian (Farsi) *
Spanish (Latin America)
(* = no smart space, ! = no Flow)
Some features are only supported by certain versions of Android. Emoji is supported on Android Jelly Bean and KitKat (4.1 and above). For more information on emoji support, please see https://support.swiftkey.com/.
SwiftKey Keyboard requests access to your SMS messages in order to improve word predictions based on what you've previously typed.
For answers to other commonly asked questions please visit https://support.swiftkey.com/ or do a Google search for 'SwiftKey Support'.
WHO USES HANDRITE NOTE?
People who have a need to capture thoughts and ideas quickly, clearly and accurately.
HOW HANDRITE NOTE WORKS
Write in the spacious "zoomed area" and watch your words appear in the body of your page. Handrite note does not try to “recognize” your handwriting. Instead, it simply captures your strokes exactly as you drew them. This avoids the tedious task of having to “train” the app to read your handwriting as well as the interpretation errors that still occur. It also means that you can sketch symbols, numbers, pictures, mathematical equations, etc in your notes.
Support us, buy Handrite note PRO
* Unlimited notebooks
* export your note as PDF
* Continuous writing, so you can write as fast as with pen and paper.
* More paper style options for your note page.
Copy & Paste text and pictures (even from other apps)
Freely edit and format your handwritten page with spaces, carriage returns and backspace delete of entries
Organize notes by notebook, date, label and title
Desktop widget for instant access and for use as sticky note
Instantly switch between handwriting and the software keyboard whenever necessary
Make your notes and memos beautiful with professionally designed paper styles
Customizable pen styles, including a unique variable thickness line setting, makes your writing look as beautiful as from a fine fountain pen
Insert images in the body of your note page
Reliable auto-save so you never lose your note
Help us translate
We'd appreciate if you would like to translate Handrite Note into your language. Here is the translating project you can start with: http://crowdin.net/project/handrite
notes, notepad, notebook, note, journal, diary, PDF, tab, tablet, memo, post it, sticky, write, editor, pad