For Health Care Professionals:
ViaOpta Simulator is a vision simulator app for the Android phones and tablets designed to help health care professionals educate patients about visual impairment due to the following eye diseases:
• Wet age-related macular degeneration
• Dry age-related macular degeneration
• Myopic choroidal neovascularization
• Diabetic retinopathy
• Diabetic macular edema
• Central retinal vein occlusion
• Branch retinal vein occlusion
• Vitreomacular traction/macular hole
HCPs can help their patients understand these conditions using live video from the iPad camera and can increase and decrease disease severity using a slider control.
Please contact your local Novartis or Alcon representative if you need access to the app.