More from developer
It is designed to be simple to use by an old or a very young person . It has four big buttons:
- The red urgent button, when pressed, will send an urgent SMS to you (you are called the 'guardian') .
- The orange 'call me' button, when pressed, will send an SMS to you asking for non-urgent assistance.
- The blue button will allow the loved one to call you, the daughter, the GP or a friend (as configured). When pressed, it will display a list of important contacts to call. Your Mum needs to press 'My Sister' big button, to call her sister.
- Finally, the green 'I am OK' button will provide you with peace of mind that your loved one is ok. This button needs to be pressed at a specified period (called the reporting/monitoring period) every day otherwise you receive an alarm. For my Mum, I did set the app so she can press the green button, every morning after waking up between 6:00 and 7:00. For your little child, it could be between 3:00 and 4:00 pm when the child finishes school.
You, as the guardian, need to setup the app for the loved one. Once configured, your old Dad, Mum, Grandma or young child will use it. Provided they can switch on the phone and press any of the big buttons.
To set up the app you need to:
1) Store your mobile number (the guardian phone number). This will allow the loved one to use the red and orange buttons.
2) Enter the contact list (maximum 4 contacts). For each contact enter the phone number the name to display on the big button.
3) Store, if desired, the monitoring/reporting period. This is the time period each day when you are expecting the loved one to press the green button.
4) Optionally, you can customise the messages to be sent (as in snapshot)
Voila it should be easy!
If you think it is not easy to use or have an idea for improvement please please let me know!. Your opinion is the most valuable.
Few Tips :
- The larger the phone's screen the easier for the loved one to handle the phone.
- Define few shortcuts in Android Home so the icon of this app can be easily found.
- If possible, do not configure any lock on the phone, as it will make it more difficult to access the app.
This app should help you care for your loved one but please do not rely on it for life threatening situations. Sometimes, SMS are not delivered or delayed by the phone companies.