When a seizure is detected it will warn the person that it is about to send an SMS message to a carer, in the case of a false alarm the person will be able to cancel the SMS alert. The SMS message contains time, GPS coordinates (if the phone has GPS) and a short message, allowing the carer to raise the alarm and take remedial action or call an ambulance. When the person recovers they press a button to cancel the alarm, which will initiate an end of emergency SMS message.
Epdetect was developed by Kenneth Austin and Robert Dlugosz.
**The Treatment of Epilepsy app is designed to be a tool for individuals interested in the treatment of Epilepsy. Because of this, feedback on how to make it an even more helpful resource is welcome. Simply contact us within the app by selecting the Contact button.**
Within the app, you can access a searchable list of medications by generic and brand names with information about uses, dosage, formulation, metabolism, level, half-life, monitoring, contraindications, mechanism of action, warnings, side effects, and drug interactions. Also use it to browse seizure and syndrome classifications, giving you more tools to diagnose and treat your epileptic patients.
For a quick reference, ZILIQ's the Treatment of Epilepsy app contains extensive information on Epileptic Syndromes, focusing on specific disorders and options for treatment. You can find current input on the treatment of Status Epilepticus, zoomable photos of EEGs as well as non-medication treatment of seizures. Give yourself every possible advantage - download the Treatment of Epilepsy App today.
Treatment of Epilepsy Features Include:
• An extensive list of medications with targeted treatment information
• Information on a large variety of epileptic syndromes
• Seizure and syndrome classifications
• A notes feature that allows app users to save personal notes for each medication
• An in-app calculator accessible on every screen
• Guide to the laws for driving with epilepsy by state
• Definitions and treatment information for Status Epilepticus
• Uses, parameters, side effects and more associated with the Ketogenic Diet
• Zoomable EEGs
• Information on epilepsy in relation to pregnancy and breast-feeding, and sports
• Easy to find lists of abbreviations and medical references
We combined a heart rate monitoring watch (used in fitness) with a specific algorithm in an Android app to detect epileptic seizures which result in tachycardia or bradycardia. The resulting app was made mainly for nocturnal monitoring. This is different than the current technologies which are based on an accelerometer sensor embedded in the phone of the user.
It is a preclinical demonstrator for real-time detection of seizures based on heart rate. The system consists of a body hub ( a smart phone having Bluetooth Low Energy and Android Operating System) and a MIO Alpha Watch which are connected via Bluetooth. The seizure detection application is running on the body hub to classify the data from the Mio Alpha. It can generate a local alarm followed by sending an SMS message in case of a seizure. The user has the possibility to choose where to send the SMS, the amplitude and the temporal thresholds. In addition, the application detects when the system is disconnected or when the sensor is not in contact with the skin.
The application was tested on several mobile phones. We encountered a few problems with the bluetooth connection for older versions. The application worked in the background for a few minutes and after that it disconnected. We eliminated these problems by setting the app to work with its display turned on.
In case of a disconnection please do the following:
-Restart the Bluetooth connection.
-Leave the app to work with the display turned on.
Epilepsy Seizure Detect is a result of a my Erasmus internship at Eindhoven University of Technology (Signal Processing and Systems, Ambulatory Monitoring Group) and Kempenhaeghe Epilepsiecentrum (Netherlands). Epilepsy Seizure Detect was developed by Vlad-Mihai Teohari under supervision of Dr.Constantin Ungureanu, MsC. Vinh Bui, Prof. Dr.Johan Arends and Prof. Dr.Ronald Aarts.
More details including the limitations of the app can be found in the following article "Epilepsy Seizure Detection App for Wearable Technologies" submitted to the "WORKSHOP on Smart Healthcare and Healing Environments" which will take place in Eindhoven, The Netherlands on 11-13 November, 2014. The workshop is in conjunction with AMI'14, European Conference on Ambient Intelligence. You can find them on the following website: http://www.ami-conferences.org/2014 .
This app is not medical certified. We are not liable in any way for any damage or injuries that may occur from the use of this app. If you have any feedback or suggestions to improve the app, please let us know at this email address: vladteohari(at)gmail.com
Here are the things you will find in this app:
- What are the types of Seizures and how to deal with it
- What is Absence Seizures and what are the symptoms
- List of complications of seizure
- List of AED(Anti-Epileptic Drugs) used for Seizure
- How to find out if a person have Seizure and the treatment we can do
- Why Seizure exists and what cause them?
- What is the treatments and medications for Epileptic seizures
- What are the types and symptoms of Partial Seizures
- A detail walkthrough of the stages of Seizure
- What you need to know about seizures in children
This app will help you to understand Epilepsy/Seizure better so that you will
have enough preparation and knowledge to handle it properly.
Click the "Free" button and download this app now!
The content of this app is for information purpose. It is by no mean a medical advice or anything similar. Everybody is different, so please always consult with your doctor to find the best treatment and solution for your specific situation.
* Developed under supervision of a medical doctor.
* We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
Disclaimer: This app is supposed for additional documentation only. It does not make any treatment proposals. You have to decide by yourself, wether you consult a medical doctor or not. A drug intake is expressly not to be deduced from the app. Despite the greatest care during the development of the program, we cannot completely rule out wrong informations, a faulty recording, displaying or a loos of your entered data. For that reason, the use of this app is at own risk. You must agree to that terms to download and install the app.
My Epilepsy Diary lets you use the same technology to manage your epilepsy as you use to simplify the rest of your everyday life! It lets you record real-time details about seizures, medications, side effects, moods, triggers, and you can even include detailed notes - all from your Android phone.
When your entry is completed, it is synched to your online diary where you can generate personalized reports to bring to medical visits, providing your doctors and nurses with not only snapshots of recent events, but also long-term trend data, both key to assessing treatment effectiveness. By reviewing graphs and other reports, you can visualize trends that can help you and your healthcare professionals improve your treatment.
* Record Seizures (single or clusters)
* Record Medicines, when to take them and when to refill them
* Record Triggers (10 standard or customize your personal trigger)
* Record Side Effects including the severity of the reaction.
* Get reminders for your medications and refills
* Get reminders on your phone and take your medications on time
ADDITIONAL FEATURES that are available when you access your online diary including:
- Personal Medical History
- Customized Reports – including graphs which can be printed or emailed
- Setup Reminders for medication, refills, or other personal events via text message or email
- Uploading photos or files to attach to a daily record
- Medicine Organizer
- Summary of Notes
- and more
- Internet Access required to synch data to your online diary
Take Control and Get Started Today with My Epilepsy Diary.
Please email comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Epilepsy Diary is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health.
My Epilepsy Diary is a free service available in these countries:
- USA, by the Epilepsy Therapy Project. www.epilepsy.com
- Canada, Italy, Spain, by The Epilepsy Therapy Project supported by an educational grant from UCB.
- Australia, by Epilepsy Action Australia. epilepsy.org.au
App developed and supported by Irody, Inc. www.irody.com
Keywords: myepilepsy myepilepsydiary epilepsy epilepsie seizure
A aplicação contém um conjunto de menus tais como: Conheça a Epilepsia, Quando ligar o 112, Curiosidades sobre Epilepsia, As minhas notas, Crises Epilépticas, Instituições, Medicação, Primeiros Socorros, Iniciativas, O que fazer numa crise e Contatos.
Para mais informações sobre epilepsia consulte o site www.epilepsia.pt
With the rapid uptake of smartphones, people living with Epilepsy now have a new means to communicate to others immediately prior to, and during a seizure to potentially save their life.
Epilepsy App Alert is a simple "What to do in the event of" guide that a person living with Epilepsy can activate if they sense an aura of an epilepsy about to occur.
It contains simple instructions for other people who discover those having a seizure (sometimes known as a fit) and how to help them.
We hope you will find this app very informative and useful. If you like it please do share it with your friends and family. Application does not overload you with complicated medical terminology, the language is clear and does not require any proficiency.
❤❤❤❤❤ Content & Features ❤❤❤❤❤
• how to prevent yourself from epilepsy
• definition , description of disease and symptoms sign
• what are the causes of epilepsy and risk factors
• preparing for your appointment
• tests and diagnosis
• treatments and prevention
• lifestyle and home remedies
• internal medical disorders
• congenital and inherited disorders
• infectious diseases and organisms
• drugs and medication for epilepsy
• easy to read and download & beautiful full screen slideshows
• table of Contents can be used for easy access.
• search option is available for quick search of the topic.
• friendly and easy to use.
• simple uses and indications.
• easy to study, no need to install or keep updating local databases
• important from examination point of view.
• add to favorite option is added.
• always new content will come in regular updates
• internet connection is not required in order to use this app
• 100% Free!!! anyway, this is a great worth app for your heath
What to handle your heath from now on? Download this App now and learn from it for you loved. Help to keep away from epilepsy in your family! Just download it and learn from it! Enjoy! ^_^
❤❤❤❤❤ ATTENTION ❤❤❤❤❤
This app contains epilepsy diseases information for knowledge if you need to apply then please contact to nearby doctor. Useful information but is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or the emergency services. Before acting on any of the information in this application, consult with your doctor to make sure that it is right for you.
Information of the diseases, contained in this application, are not intended for medical treatment without a doctor and can be used for information purposes only. This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
❤❤❤❤❤ App Developer Note ❤❤❤❤❤
Please Rate it 5 Star for our application and feel free to email us about any comments or suggestions for future improvement. In case you face any problems do send us an email with information about your phone model, and the exact problem, and we'll try to fix it immediately.
Editor: Gregory L. Holmes, MD, Professor of Medicine & Pediatrics, Neuroscience Center at Dartmouth, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
• Pay once and download videos at your ease!
• View downloaded videos without internet
Additional features include:
- Drawing on the video for explanations
- Capture images with mailing option
- Option to make user notes and save
- Transcript with links for additional references
DISCLAIMER: The information provided through these applications are only intended to be informative and should not be construed as a substitute for medical advice.
L'application est prévue à seule fin d'une documentation complémentaire et n'offre pas de conseils de traitement. Vous devez décider vous-même quand vous voulez consulter un médecin. On ne peut pas déduire une prise de comprimés à l'aide de cette application. En achetant et installant l'application vous êtes d'accord avec cettes conditions.
However, you can’t have enough information about how to live with this disorder, and this book is written to give you answers to some of the basic questions about epilepsy and its treatments.
For instance did you know that seizures are the only visible symptom of epilepsy?
Did you know that there are different types of seizures and that not everyone displays the same symptoms in the same way?
Finally, did you know that there are other types of seizures that do not necessarily diagnose as epilepsy but are in fact a result of some other disorder?
You need answers to these and the multitude of other questions if you are to be armed with the right ammunition when suspecting epilepsy in yourself or a loved one.
Here is what you will discover inside...
★ The History of Epilepsy
★ What Is Epilepsy?
★ What Are Seizures?
★ Who Is At Risk For Epilepsy?
★ What Are the Causes?
★ Is Epilepsy Genetic?
★ Is Epilepsy Congenital - Will I have it forever?
★ What Is SUDEP (sudden, unexpected death of someone with epilepsy)
★ What Are the Different Types of Epilepsy and Seizures?
★ How Does Epilepsy Affect Thinking and Memory?
★ Epilepsy and Moods, Behavior and Sleep
★ How Is Epilepsy Diagnosed?
★ What Treatments Are Available for Epilepsy?
★ Epilepsy and Diet and Nutrition
★ Living With Epilepsy
★ and much, Much More!
*** On Sale Now! (Normal Price $16.99) ***
Get it now before promotion ends!
The Epilepsy publishes Reviews, Original Articles, Case Reports, and Editorials, and articles commissioned by the Editorial Committee. For Reviews, the authors must obtain permission from the Editorial Committee before submitting the manuscript. Case reports are considered for publication only when they are unique and illustrative. All manuscripts are subject to peer review.z