Each site you visit includes an audio narrative explaining the significance, as well as historical pictures when available. Included in the app is a map with tour route so you can easily find each destination. The tour does not require an Internet connection to work, making it an ideal solution for international travelers.
Tour sites include:
1. Brown's Hotel- Although it has changed hands many times over the years, Brown's Hotel holds the great distinction of being the first hotel in Miami Beach.
2. Smith/Hardie's Casino- Before Miami Beach became a globally recognized destination, it was people from the mainland that frequented the white sand beaches. Find out what casinos are and how they provided amenities that spurred additional growth at the beach.
3. South Pointe- Home to many "firsts" including Miami Beach's first restaurant, hotel and synagogue, South Pointe, otherwise known as Ocean Beach, holds the great distinction of being the first planned subdivision in Miami Beach.
4. Joe's Stone Crabs- Founded by Joe and Jennie Weiss as Joe's Restaurant, Joe's Stone Crabs was Miami Beach's first restaurant.
5. Congregation Beth Jacob- Now home to the Jewish Museum of Florida, Beth Jacob came from humble beginnings and grew to become the epicenter of Jewish life in Miami Beach.
6. History of Art Deco- Art Deco is undeniably the flagship style for South Beach. Here we've pointed out key elements on two buildings, as well as included photos so you can better understand what to look for as you make your way through South Beach.
7. The Smith House- Once home to Miami Beach casino pioneer Avery Smith, the Smith House also served as Miami Beach's first doctors office, and was at the center of a major city scandal.
8. Art Deco Historic District- The 1970's were not kind times to Miami Beach. The area was suffering from high crime, and blight. The once neon lit Art Deco hotels were shells of their former glory, and many sat vacant and crumbling.
9. The Henri Levy House- Now home to a restaurant, the Levy House was the former home of Miami Beach developer, Henri Levy.
10. Versace Mansion- Modeled after the Alcazar de Colon in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, the apartment building turned home is best known as the Versace Mansion, named after one time owner, Gianni Versace.
11. Lummus Park- Home to hundreds of palms, miles of pathways and lush grassy fields, Lummus Park was donated to the city by beach pioneers, James and John Lummus.
12. Cardozo Hotel- Owned by musical sensation Gloria Estefan, the Cardozo Hotel is an outstanding example of Art Deco design and was designed by famed architect Henry Hohauser.
13. Miami Beach & World War II- While World War II had an indelible impact on the US, few realize how close the Axis forces came to US soil, and Miami Beach in particular. (There is no physical site for this tour stop.)
14. Espanola Way- Designed to be a creative community filled with artist, poets, and other intellectuals, Espanola Way instead attracted the likes of bookies, bootleggers and even Al Capone.
15. Lincoln Road- Originally the place where the who's who of Miami came to shop, dine and socialize, Lincoln Road fell from grace, only to be revived and brought back to what was originally dreamt by founder, Carl Fisher.
16. Sagamore Hotel- Designed by architect Albert Anis and opened on January 9, 1949, the Sagamore is a carefully restored property, that perfectly blends historic and modern Miami Beach.
The perfect companion during your stay in our Hotel – just one tap away on your Android Phone or Tablet
With this free mobile app, you can:
• Share with other guest on the wall
• Browse Hotel photos, maps and amenities
• View local events
• Dial One-touch calling
• Find businesses near your current position with GPS functionality
• Explore local guide with helpful tips and Offers
• Get rewards just by using the application
Whether it is finding the perfect museum or restaurant, reaching local resources, or sharing advice, our guests can rely on our app before, during and after visiting our hotel.
Hope you will enjoy it!
Wanna know what’s on special at South Beach Cafe this week? How about what’s going down at 21st Amendment Brewery tonight? The newest finds at The Giants Dugout Store? Well you’re in luck, our custom, hand-picked social feed is going to show you all of that in one convenient place. And we’re all about convenience.
The South Beach app features one-click calling and directions, reviews at your fingertips and links to businesses’ websites. Impress your friends with your infinite knowledge of South Beach’s insider scene.
Why are you still reading this? Hit that download button and get busy conquering South Beach today!
Our MyBetsyHotel mobile app is one more example of our efforts to anticipate our guests’ needs and exceed expectations. Download the application for information about the hotel services and amenities. Dining reservations and transportation arrangements can be made here. Menus for our Wellness Garden and Spa, as well as BLT Steak at The Betsy, are available here, too. Plan your stay with our mobile app, or contact our team directly for more personal assistance.
We invite you to download the application to communicate with us before, during and after your stay, to ensure our staff provides the highest level of service and attention – ensuring a flawless stay.
Madden's is the perfect Minnesota vacation destination resort , wedding venue, meeting and conference center, and even romantic or spa getaway destination. At Madden's you can do it all...or absolutely nothing. Let Madden's be your Brainerd Minnesota Resort of choice now and long into the future!
If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget.
The application is designed to enrich, inform and entertain the Chancellor's guests during their time in San Francisco. The application is valuable to anyone visiting San Francisco.
Key features include:
* A comprehensive tour guide for San Francisco and the surrounding area including descriptions, pictures and GPS directions.
* Information about the Hotel and its services, including menus, GPS directions, speed dial, reservations and much more.
* Quick access to details about essential services around the hotel such as pharmacies, hospitals, convenience stores and more. This includes phone numbers, GPS directions and hours.
* Deals and special offers given exclusively to users of the application.
The yearly two-day event is designed for Worldhotels hoteliers covering the latest industry trends and challenges, whilst also informing about newest services in Sales, Marketing & Distribution supported by presentations from hotel industry leaders and partners.
This fall, the California Transit Association brings together dynamic industry experts, thought-provoking keynotes, and innovative programs and technology implementations to share with attendees. Spend three days in Palm Springs and bring home new ideas, tools, perspectives and contacts that will provide lasting inspiration.
Learn about the speakers, check the agenda and receive real-time messages about the event.
This app is intended for life insurance producers who are invited to the Symposium, an educational forum providing innovative business strategies, networking opportunities, best practices and educational offerings. The invitation to Symposium is not pre-conditioned on achievement of sales targets or any other incentive arrangement and requires Broker Dealer approval for those attending. New or existing clients please refer to PacificLife.com for more information on Pacific Life.
The COVA Hotel is a modern boutique hotel situated in downtown San Francisco.
This application is a perfect tool to acquire information about the hotel and the City of San Francisco. Here you will find both restaurant and attraction recommendations along with other services the hotel provides, including:
* One touch Quick Call to front desk, room service or valet
* Real-time require for new reservations, advance check-in, late check out or valet service
* Includes room service menu and speed dial to room service mainline
* Our breakfast area: list of food and service recommendations
* Guides to San Francisco attractions that includes pictures, description and step-by-step directions
* Activities and suggestions to enjoy your stay in San Francisco
* Featured Deals from the hotel, local restaurants, attractions and more
* Facebook integration
More UPDATES are coming, so let us know what features you would like to see. Please email your suggestions to email@example.com.