The simple layout allows you to get the necessary conversions done in just a few steps.
Your calculations could be shared with others via SMS, Email or Bluetooth.
‘Medi Converter’ is developed by a team led by a medical practitioner. The app comes with 24/7 customer support and we are looking forward to your valuable feedback for continuous improvement.
Acetaminophen, Acetoacetic acid, Acetone, Acid phosphatase, Alanine, Alanine aminotransferase, Albumin, Alcohol dehydrogenase, Aldolase, Aldosterone, Alkaline phosphatase, Aluminum, Aminobutyric acid, Amitriptyline, Ammonia, Amylase, Androstenedione, Angiotensin I, Angiotensin II, Anion gap, Antidiuretic hormone, Antithrombin III, alpha1-Antitrypsin, Apolipoprotein A, Apolipoprotein B, Arginine, Asparagine, Aspartate aminotransferase, Bicarbonate, Bilirubin, Paco2, pH, Pao2, Bromide, C-peptide, C1 esterase inhibitor, C3 complement, C4 complement, Calcitonin, Calcium, Carbon dioxide, Carboxyhemoglobin, Carotene, Ceruloplasmin, Chloride, Cholesterol, Citrate, Copper, Coproporphyrins (urine), Corticotropin, Cortisol, Cotinine, Creatine, Creatine kinase, Creatinine, Creatinine clearance, Cyanide, Dehydroepiandrosterone, Desipramine, Diazepam, Digoxin, Epinephrine, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate, Estradiol, Estriol, Estrone, Ethanol (ethyl alcohol), Ethylene glycol, Ferritin, alpha -Fetoprotein, Fibrinogen, Fluoride, Folate, Follicle-stimulating hormone, Fructose, Galactose, Glucagon, Glucose, Glutamine, gamma -Glutamyltransferase, Glycated hemoglobin, Glycerol, Glycine, Haptoglobin, Hematocrit, Hemoglobin Mass concentration, Hemoglobin Mass concentration, High-density lipoprotein cholesterol, Histidine, Homocysteine, Human chorionic gonadotropin, Hydroxybutyric acid, Hydroxyproline, Immunoglobulin A, Immunoglobulin D, Immunoglobulin E, Immunoglobulin G, Immunoglobulin M, Insulin, Iron, Total Iron binding capacity, lsoleucine, lsopropanol, Lactate, Lactate dehydrogenase, Lactate dehydrogenase isoenzymes, Lead, Leucine, Lipase, Lipids, Lipoprotein (a), Lithium, Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), Luteinizing hormone (LH, leutropin), Lysine, Magnesium, Manganese, Methanol, Methemoglobin, Methionine, Myoglobin, Nicotine, Nitrogen, nonprotein, Norepinephrine, Ornithine, Osmolality, Osteocalcin, Oxalate, Parathyroid hormone, Phenobarbital, Phenylalanine, Phenytoin, Phosphorus, Plasminogen, Plasminogen activator inhibitor, Platelets, Potassium, Pregnanediol (urine), Pregnanetriol (urine), Progesterone, Prolactin, Proline, Prostate-specific antigen, Protein, total, Prothrombin, Prothrombin time, Protoporphyrin, Pyruvate, Quinidine, Red blood cell count, Renin, Reticulocyte count, Salicylate, Serine, Serotonin, Sodium, Somatomedin-C, Somatostatin, Taurine, Testosterone, Theophylline, Thiocyanate, Threonine, Thyroglobulin, Thyrotropin (thyroid-stimulating hormone, TSH), Thyroxine, free (T4), Thyroxine total (T4), Transferrin, Triglycerides, Triiodothyronine Free (T3), Triiodothyronine Resin uptake, Triiodothyronine Total (T3), Troponin I (cardiac), Troponin T (cardiac), Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Urea nitrogen, Uric acid, Valine, Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide, Vitamin A (retinol), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D, Vitamin D 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Warfarin, White blood cell count, White blood cell differential count, Zinc
NurseCalcs is a great nursing app for nurses as well as nursing students. NurseCalcs features 25 of the most used nursing calculators, with more to be added soon. The Critical Care/ED calculator has many of the most commonly used drips with usual dosing. The ABG interpreter will help you to quickly determine the blood gas disturbance. IV Rate will calculate rates whether you are using a pump or gravity.
Internet connection is NOT required to use this app.
Absolute Neutrophil Count
Adjusted Body Weight
BMI (Body Mass Index)
Body Surface Area
Critical Care/ER Drugs (Common drips)
Glasgow Coma Scale
Ideal Body Weight
IV Rate (gtt & mL)
Mean Arterial Pressure
Mcg/kg/hr to mL/hr
Mcg/kg/min to mL/hr
Mcg/min to mL/hr
Mg/kg/hr to mL/hr
Metric & Imperial Conversions
mL/hr to Dose/hr (i.e. Heparin)
mL/hr to Mcg/kg/hr
mL/hr to Mcg/kg/min
mL/hr to Mcg/Min
mL/hr to Mg/kg/hr
We also offer great support for this app. Want us to add a calculator? Email us and we will get to work on it STAT!
Be sure to check out our new app, IV Drips, which features 35 critical drips along with information and dosing.
Keywords: nursing, nurse, registered, calculator, calculators, nursing student, medical, medicine, dosing, IV, dose, patient, drip, critical care, medsurg, NCLEX, nursing school, nursing apps, RN, LVN, LPN, CNA, MD, EMT, paramedic, critical, care, emergency, ICU, ER, ED, CCU, pharm, pharmacy, pharmacist
powerOne calculators have been:
* "The créme de la créme of calculators" - AppAdvice
* "Incredibly powerful tool for calculations of all kinds." - Smokin' Apps
* "…sets the benchmark for other calculators to reach." - Fred Swan
* "… powerOne shines." - Mac Observer
Developed in conjunction with an ICU Clinical Pharmacist, powerOne Medical Calculator reduces calculation errors and enables rapid analysis for doctors, pharmacists, nurses, practitioners, physician assistants and students. Over 40 easy to use calculator templates specifically for medical included: pharmacokinetics, renal function, drip rates, BSA, IBW and more.
* Save time - Calculate Neonatal, Pediatric and Adult Pharmacokinetics (Sawchuck, Zaske) and modify dosing whether Extended Interval Dosing (EID); Pre and Post levels, Single level (as with Vancomycin); or a Concentration after the first dose. Don’t believe your Post level or the calculated Vd? Input a Vd value and easily recalculate Half-life, Ke, Post, and Dose without re-entering all of the data. Extrapolate to Cpmin or max.
* Email calculation results including variables - paste them into a clinical note or database.
* Find Pediatric or Adult creatinine clearance with appropriate equations including MDRD complete & simplified, Cockcroft-Gault, or Traub/Brion.
* Calculate "what-if" scenarios on the fly with the SOLVER. Almost any variable can be solved for if the other values are entered.
* Specialty equations included such as Calories from TPN or Formula, GIR, OI, Phenytoin Albumin adjustment and more
* SI Units are available in all equations
Whether medical, math and science, conversions, or finance, powerOne has you covered. There are hundreds of templates in the Library.
And for those one-off calculations use powerOne's elegant algebraic and RPN calculator - with calculations in either decimal, scientific, engineering, fraction or feet-inch format and functions that include powers, logs, trig and more.
powerOne is easily customized. Create your own calculator templates by entering a formula similar to HP Solve. Hundreds of examples and instructions included.
Whether for colleague or documentation, powerOne makes it easy to share the results and created templates, too. Just choose who to send it to. The results are in the email and so is the template. Click the attached template on an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and it will load right into powerOne.
After 14 years and more than 15 million software calculators distributed, Infinity Softworks has earned its reputation for high quality apps. We'd love to hear from you, whether ideas, help or problems, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This version of powerOne includes…
Pre-installed calculator templates:
- A-a Oxygen Gradient
- Body Surface Area
- Calcium Salt Conversion
- Change in Time (hours)
- Conc. After First Dose (PKIN, EID)
- Conc. Steady-State
- Creatinine Clear. ADULT
- Creatinine Clear. PEDS
- Dose Adjust Pre & Post
- Drip mCg/kg/hour
- Drip mCg/kg/min
- Drip mEq/kg/DAY
- Drip mEq/kg/hour
- Drip MG/kg/HOUR
- Drip UNITS/HOUR
- Drip UNITS/kg/HOUR
- Fractional Excretion Sodium
- GIR - Glucose Infusion Rate
- Half-life and Ke with Vd
- IBW, 1 yr to Adult
- MAP - Mean Airway Pressure
- MDRD: GFR Simplified
- New Dosage
- Renal Failure Indices
- SI: Dose Adjustment
- Single Level Pharmacokinetics
* Easily download additional templates from the library for free
· Featured by Apple in the RSNA 2008 Conference
· Featured by Apple in the "What's Hot for iPad" section on the App Store
The most comprehensive medical calculator for the iPhone is now available on Android! Mediquations makes getting the answers you need quick and painless. With 232 formulas and scoring tools and a intuitive interface, Mediquations is the smart choice for anyone looking for a medical calculator for Android.
· 232 formulas and scores. The most comprehensive medical calculator on the Android Market.
· Support for US and SI units. Switch between units easily while entering values, or set your preference in Settings.
· Categories, Favorites, Recents, Full Search. All designed to make your life easier.
· Multiple results (such as mortality percentages) are displayed for relevant scoring tools.
· References, full equation, detailed information, relevant pictures, and Pubmed links for each scoring tool.
· Leave the app and return to where you left off.
· Native interface for 10" Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich tablets such as the Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
· Redesigned from the ground up for Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
I hope you enjoy Mediquations!
Some of the equations included in Mediquations:
· A-a O2 Gradient
· ABCD & ABCD2 Score for TIA
· Absolute Neutrophil Count
· Acid-Base Compensation (ABG)
· Anion Gap, Delta Gap
· APACHE II
· Arterial Oxygen Content
· Arterial Oxygen Delivery
· Bayesian Sensitivity/Specificity
· Bishop score
· Body Mass Index (BMI)
· Body Surface Area (Dubois, Mosteller, Current)
· Breast Cancer Risk Assessment: Gail Model
· Canadian CT Head & Spine
· Carboplatin Dosing
· Cardiac Output (Echo & Fick)
· CHADS2 and CHA2DS2-Vasc
· Corrected QT (QTc)
· Corrected Serum Calcium, Phenytoin, Sodium
· Creatinine Clearance (measured) (CrCl)
· CURB-65 Score for Community Acquired Pneumonia
· Dermatome Map
· Dose & Liquid Dose Calculator (Corrected for BSA, Calvert, or Weight)
· Duke Treadmill Score
· Electrolytes/Labs Units Conversion
· Fractional Excretion of Calcium, Sodium, Urea
· Framingham Cardiac Risk Score
· Gail Model (Breast Cancer Risk Assessment)
· Geriatric Depression Score (15-pt)
· GFR (Cockcroft Gault, MDRD, Salazar-Corcoran, Schwartz, Wright)
· Glasgow Coma Scale
· Hunt-Hess Classification for SAH
· ICH Score for Intracerebral Hemorrhage
· IV Drip & Infusion Rates
· Light's Criteria
· LDL Cholesterol Estimation (Friedewald)
· Maintenance Fluids
· Mean Arterial Pressure
· NIH Stroke Scale
· Normal Lab Values
· Opiate Equivalence
· Osmolality (Serum)
· Osmotic Gap (Stool)
· Parkland Formula
· Pediatric Dosing Calculator
· Pneumonia Severity Index (PORT Score)
· Ranson Criteria
· Steroid Equivalence
· Time Interval Calculator
· Tubular Resorption of Phosphate (TRP)
· Tylenol Toxicity Nomogram w/ White Prediction
· Urinary Anion Gap
· Urinary Calcium Excretion (Ca / Cr)
· Well's Criteria for DVT & PE
· WFNS Grade for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
**** And Over 150 More! Visit mediquations.com for the full list. ****
R Grubb says: ★★★★★I love you!!! Unbelievably simple. Unbelievably accurate. Unbelievably great. Unbelievably well worth the $5 I paid for this!!!
Kendig says: ★★★★★ Best app ever Just got the app a week ago ut a major fan of the site....used the app all weekend at my critical care transport......app is great flow and easy to use and stright foward ....cant wait to see what else they come out with
Matt says: ★★★★★ Awesome program! This program far exceeded my expectations and is great to confirm drip rates, especially as a field Medic at zero dark thirty. Keep up the good work!
OmniMedix was created by a practicing street medic with simple design that allows the user to calculate the proper medication infusion rate within seconds instead of fumbling through endless menus.
Agency protocols are different and medications in EMS come and go. The patent pending system behind OmniMedix is that it is the only calculator that allows the user to select the calculation to be performed based on infusion rates, not specific medications, which allows it to be used with virtually any medication. This allows it the versatility to be used in all clinical environments: EMS, Emergency Department, ICU, medical offices and even veterinary medicine.
Also included are weight and temperature conversions, common pediatric calculations, medication bolus calculations, and the Parkland Burn Formula for fluid resuscitation.
While most hospital units have IV pumps that take care of the drip rate, most EMS crews don’t, and are either left to calculate drips by hand or "titrate to effect". Even if you have the luxury of an IV pump, can you quickly and accurately calculate the correct drip rate by hand if your pump fails? Your patient’s life may depend on it! This app is a must have for anyone who administers IV medications, and is designed with those who rarely calculate drip rates in mind.
Directions for use: Select the concentration being utilized (mcg/min, mcg/kg/min, etc) to enter its menu. Enter the patient’s weight, the desired dose, medication concentration, and dripset being used. OmniMedix will display the proper flow rate in drops per minute, drops per second, and our proprietary “seconds per drop”, to simplify slower drip rates.
Content created by:
Cody Blount, BS, NREMT-P, FP-C
Send feedback to:
At present there are more than 600 entries from different test laboratories, making this application, the one with the highest number of tests provided at the time of its publication.
Medical converter© is addressed to Doctors and residents of any medical or surgical specialty that may require reference values of any of the available laboratory tests or determinations in any sample. Automatic conversion between conventional to or from international units is supported.
The laboratory values and reference ranges are provided for illustration only and are not intended to be comprehensive or definitive. Each laboratory determines its own values, and reference ranges are highly method dependent. Most of reference values are obtained from Hospital de Sant Pau de Barcelone (Spain) were the author works.
Reference values given are for adults. For some entries for which specific molecular masses are not known like proteins, are only given in conventional units. In bibliography you can find some of the methods used to several tests.
* Calculator like display and functionality.
* A single input box to enter data.
* Easy one handed usage.
* Customized Keyboard for optimal performance.
* Toolbar guides your actions.
* Advanced information for each calculator.
* Tools designed for seasoned and student RT's.
* licensure, CEU, and legal informational Web links.
* Approved Medical Abbreviations.
* In-App email feedback submission.
Calculators and tools
+ ABG Interpreter
+ Alveloar Gas Exchange
+ Bohr Dead Space
+ Corrected Tidal Volume
+ Henderson HasselBalch
+ In Flight PAO2 Estimation
+ Lung Compliance
+ Mean Airway Pressure
+ Oxygen Consumption
+ Oxygen Delivery
+ Oxygen Entrainment Ratio
+ Oxygen Index
+ PAO2 : FIO2 Ratio
+ Predicted PEFR-FEV1
+ Pulmonary Shunt
+ Tidal Volume ARDS
+ Vent Desired PCO2
+ Vent Weaning RSBI-rate
+ Ventilation Index
+ A-a Gradient
+ Arterial Oxygen Content
+ Bicarbonate Deficit
+ Cardiac Index-Output
+ Left Ventricular S.W.I
+ Oxygenation Parameters
+ Pulmo-Vascular Resistance
+ System-Vascular Resistance
+ Venous Oxygen Content
+ Apgar Score
+ Body Parameters
+ Kidney Function
+ O2 Tank Time
+ Pressure Conversion
+ °C-°F Conversion
+ RT CEU Info by state
+ RT Medications
+ Tube Size (Endotracheal)
* The detail you need without sacrificing ease of use
* Essential information on 1000 of the most commonly prescribed medications and more than 70 drugs most often used in the pre-hospital setting
* Drug-specific EMS pearls, including signs and symptoms of overdose and specific overdose management
* Sections on street drugs and medicinal herbs
* Quick field reference tables, including cardiac algorithms, weight conversion, and injury severity scores
An amazing amount of content packed in this excellent reference: EMS Field Medications, Commonly Prescribed Medications: Classificaton, Commonly Prescribed Medications: Generic and Selected Brand Data, Commonly Used Medicinal Herbs, Common Street Drugs, Reference Tables, Adult Emergency Cardiac Care Medications
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
- IV Drips
- Calculate Rate (mL/hr, gtt/min, mcg/kg/min to mL/hr, etc.)
- Rates without using IV pump, when given a time limit, handling medication such as norepinephrine and nitroglycerine, etc.
- Infusion time
- Dosage calculator for liquids, tablets, caplets, capsules, etc.
- Adjusted Body Weight (ABW)
- Body Surface Area (BSA)
- Ideal Body Weight (IBW)
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Interpreter
- Pediatric Dose
- Blood loss/volume
- Temperature Conversion (Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin)
- Measurements (metric, gr, tsp, tbs, oz, cup, min, dr, inches, cm, feet, etc.)
- Weight Conversion (kilograms, pounds)
- % solution to mg/mL
- Usage for certain drugs and medication.
Switch Tables aims to improve psychopharmacotherapy and medication safety for all patients. Switch Tables will be updated on a regular basis.
Walter Broekema (1953) is the editor of Switch Tables. He is a hospital pharmacist He graduated as a pharmacist in 1979 and gained his specialisation of hospital pharmacist in 1991. He is former president of the Special Interest Group Psychiatry of the Dutch Association of Hospital Pharmacists (NVZA/KNMP).
Conflict of interests: no pharmaceutical companies nor financial interests are involved. Declared 2014.
Reverse conversion can also be done from the Metric System to the American English Units.
Pounds (Lb) can be converted to Kilograms (Kg)
Inches (In) can be converted to Centimeters (Cm)
Fahrenheit (F) can be converted to Centigrade (C)
It's Fast, Easy & Best of all... FREE!
Give iNurse a try and Share with your colleagues if you like it!!!
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much more...
Want to keep up with medical research? Get 'Read by QxMD' for Android:
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
The app includes:
** Dosing calculators for:
-- drams | grains
-- milligrams | grains
-- ounces | drams
-- grams| gains
**Weight conversion tables
**Practice quizzes to test your knowledge of measurement conversion and calculation.
This app version of PharmCalc provides an easy means of calculating Loading and Maintenance doses for routinely used drugs such as Digoxin and Theophylline. It also features a Gentamicin dosing calculator.
The project is founded on well established literature with each online tool outlining the calculations and references used.
Ideal Body Weight
Body Surface Area
Body Mass Index
Basal Energy expenditure
Absolute Neutrophil Count
Iron Deficit (Ganzoni eqn)
Metabolic Acidosis (Winters)
CHADS2 AF TIA/Stroke Risk
Framingham CHD Risk
Glasgow Coma Scale
GPPAQ Activity score
Mean Arterial Pressure
PharmCalc has been developed by Jamie Al-Nasir M.Pharm (Hons) - Current PhD Research student in Computer Science and Molecular biology at the Centre for Systems and Synthetic Biology, dept of Computer Science, Royal Holloway, University of London.
***Ver 1.6 added support for larger screen sizes.
The best way to use SimplePhone is to place the application icon on your home screen, and open the application each time you need to use you phone.