App is specially made for Doctors & pharmacist.
Exact dose of any given medicine produces the desired therapeutic effect which varies from person to person. Children do not react to all medicines in same way as the adults and with few exceptions, medicines are more active and more toxic to children than adults if dosage of medicine is not accurate. To solve this problem accurate dosage is calculated by various pharmaceutical formulas.
* Can calculate accurate paediatric dose from Age & Weight of child
* Various Pharmaceutical formulas are used: Young's formula, Dilling's formula, Cowling's formula, Fried's formula(for infants), Bastedo's formula.
* Easy-to-use for any person who don't have knowledge of medicine/dosage.
* More Features are coming soon.........
If you like my work then Don't forget to Rate 5 Stars :)
Source Code: https://github.com/deveshcc/medic-dose-calc
Follow Me on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+DeveshChaudhari95
Follow Me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deveshappsstore
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much more...
Want to keep up with medical research? Get 'Read by QxMD' for Android:
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
This app version of PharmCalc provides an easy means of calculating Loading and Maintenance doses for routinely used drugs such as Digoxin and Theophylline. It also features a Gentamicin dosing calculator.
The project is founded on well established literature with each online tool outlining the calculations and references used.
Ideal Body Weight
Body Surface Area
Body Mass Index
Basal Energy expenditure
Absolute Neutrophil Count
Iron Deficit (Ganzoni eqn)
Metabolic Acidosis (Winters)
CHADS2 AF TIA/Stroke Risk
Framingham CHD Risk
Glasgow Coma Scale
GPPAQ Activity score
Mean Arterial Pressure
PharmCalc has been developed by Jamie Al-Nasir M.Pharm (Hons) - Current PhD Research student in Computer Science and Molecular biology at the Centre for Systems and Synthetic Biology, dept of Computer Science, Royal Holloway, University of London.
***Ver 1.6 added support for larger screen sizes.
The best way to use SimplePhone is to place the application icon on your home screen, and open the application each time you need to use you phone.