- Ireland In Depth: the background info that you need to have before you go.
- A country map highlighting all the cities and national parks.
- Complete city guides for the most important destinations, with sights, restaurants, things to do and a city map.
- Mini guides for less important destinations.
- Irish language phrasebook.
** Nothern Ireland is not included in this guide. We do have a separate Belfast guide **
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate
App works offline so no roaming charges. App is free, forever and no in-app advertising. Your device must support Google Play Services in order for the maps view to work.
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/thingstodoirela.
Please let us know about events in your area and we will let the world know for you!
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Eat | Drink | Sleep | Buy | Contact | Respect | Stay Safe | Driving in Ireland | Units Conversion
1. Ireland: History | Geography | Climate | Religion | Politics | Culture | Language | Transportation | Top 10 Attractions
2. By Area: Republic of Ireland | Northern Ireland | Counties | Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
3. Maps: Ireland | Geography | Transportation | Regions & Roads | Counties | Aran Islands | Top Attractions
3.1 Dublin: City | Motorways | Rail | DART system
3.2 Other Cities: Belfast | Cork | Galway | Derry | Kilkenny | Letterkenny
4. Dublin: History | Economy | Culture | Climate | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Get out
4.1 Transport: Get in | Get around | Airport | Port | Port Tunnel | Bus | Suburban Rail | Rapid Transit
4.2 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | Itinerary | See | Do | Buy
4.3 Landmarks: Museums | Theatres | Places of Worship | Buildings & Structures | Streets & Squares | Open Areas | Castles | Statues | Pubs
5. Belfast: History | Climate | Culture | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Transport | Stay Safe | Get out
5.1 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | See | Do | Buy
6. Other Cities: Cork | Derry | Galway | Kilkenny | Letterkenny | Limerick | Sligo | Waterford | Wexford
7. Other Destinations: Aran Islands | Brú Na Bóinne | Bunratty Castle | The Burren | Carlow | Carrowmore | Cliffs of Moher | Connemara | Dingle Peninsula | Dromineer | Giant's Causeway | Glendalough | Iveragh Peninsula | Kinsale | Lakes of Killarney | Lough Corrib | Ring of Kerry | Valentia Island | Western Way
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
It contains an OFFLINE database of points of interest including, bars, museums as well as popular tourist attractions.
With help from your GPS and location service, it will indicate the disance and direction to the nearest point of interest.
This application operates completely offline meaning you don't have to connect to the internet to locate the destination.
Optional links will locate the spot precisely in Google Maps and open a web page describing the location. This functionality will require an internet connection.
We hope you like it and hope you have a great visit in the emerald isle! With this application you will always know how far you are from Tipperary!
If you like it, send me a postcard!
At a glance
• FREE app
• Works offline and no surprise roaming/data charges
• Easy to use
• Saves you time and money on the move
• 14,000 listings preloaded for accommodation, events, food and more
• Be notified of special offers on local products and services
• Use book marks to help plan your journey
• Virtually move to another location to see what’s awaiting you elsewhere
• See Ireland through interactive maps
• Use Compass view to get seamless directions to a preferred destination
It’s Ireland in your pocket. So, go on, download the app today and whether you’re a local or a first-time visitor, get a handle on what’s happening in Ireland with the Discover Ireland app.
Whilst Discover Ireland has tried to ensure that this app performs well across a wide variety of Android devices we cannot guarantee optimum performance across all Android platforms. This app will run across multiple types of hardware with different processors and different speeds and you’re in app experience will be governed by this capability. Please note that not all Android smartphones can install all Android apps.
It is recommended that a mid-to-high range Android phone is used to enjoy the Discover Ireland app to its full potential. Example phones are: Samsung Galaxy: S2, S3, S4, Note I, Note II, S4 Mini, S III Mini, Express, HTC: One, One S, One X, One Mini, Sony Xperia: Z, T, SP, S, J, Huawei Ascend: P2, P6
FIND great Things to See and Do - Follow our routes live with GPS - Track your own activity and photos & submit to ActiveME - Plan your holiday & Share experiences with family & friends.
Get Active, Get Outdoors! ActiveME is the best way to explore Ireland on the go.
Create a 'To Do' and 'Done' list or just plan a trip in your Favourites section. When visiting Ireland you can plan and record your entire holiday.
- FIND great new ‘Things to See and Do’
- Search activities, businesses or events by list or map view
- Detailed maps for walking, cycling, watersports, fishing, Birdwatching, horse riding, sailing, scenic drives and holiday itineraries
- Turn on nearby Points of Interest on our maps (names of mountains, lakes, castles, etc.)
- Also see Family Friendly, Wheelchair Friendly or Dog Friendly
- Filter your search by distance (nearby), by county, by activity, by difficulty, by route shape (loop, one way), by duration & by length
TRACK and map your own adventures using GPS
- Track your own favourite walk, cycle, fishing or surfing spot, etc with GPS and see your route drawn on the map as you move
- Continue tracking while using other apps on your phone
- Geotag (pin) the location of your photos on your map
- Share to facebook, twitter and ActiveME on the go!
- View real time stats and details (distance, time & speed)
- Promote Tourism in your local area by adding your own favourite activities to ActiveME
- Track anywhere in the world
FIND & FOLLOW
- Avoid getting lost and find directions using your phones GPS
- Follow a route live on screen, a quick glance at the map and you will see if you are still on track as you move
- Plan or record your trip or holiday by adding to ‘Your Favourites’
- Create a mobile ‘To Do’ or ‘Done’ list
If you are interested in Adding your own business to our Apps and our website, please visit www.activeme.ie/register/. Join for FREE and then pay a small annual fee to Add Your Business.
GET YOUR ‘OWN’ TOURISM APP
ActiveME create Tourism Apps for Smart Communities who ‘Work Together’. Its quick, simple and affordable to get your ‘own’ branded Tourism App NOW for your Town, City or other area. All you need is a minimum of 30 businesses signed up at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit http://www.activeme.ie/mobile-apps/smart-tourism/ for details on design and pricing.
Please visit www.activeme.ie for more info
LOCAL INFO IN YOUR POCKET - NO STRESS ON A RIDE
You need a repair? Lunch? Water? A taxi? All attractions, local useful services and their contact details are 1 click away. Kilometre markers let you quickly check distances while offline. No more stress on a ride.
NO NEED TO CHECK MAPS
It gives you turn-by-turn directions referencing visual cues, for example "turn left by the church and go up the hill through two crossroads". No need to check the map.
NO MORE GETTING LOST
Worried you missed a turn? One glance tells you that you are still on the route, so it's up ahead. No need to check the map. If you do miss it, you will be alerted straightaway - no more getting lost.
NO BARRIERS TO FANTASTIC RIDES
It's designed to be carried in your pocket and to conserve battery life. All features, including the map, can be used offline. You only check it when you need to.
Please note that the offline map is only available on devices that run Android 4.4 (Kitkat). This restriction is due to performance issues. All devices can access the online map.
Download the app, pick a route, travel to the start and you are ready to go - it's that simple.
GET INSPIRED TO CYCLE IRELAND
Each of the 100 routes has a photo gallery (with up to 28 photos), video, description and useful tips for getting there. Or you can pick a route on cycleireland.ie and then use the app on your ride.
The app and site feature 50 looped routes and 50 linear routes, from 9 to 190 kilometres. It has something for everyone. Our routes go through Ireland's most scenic areas and past hundreds of top attractions. Pick the sections you want to ride or use them as inspiration for your own routes. If you want to cycle in new places in Ireland, this is the app for you.
★ About the Author ★
Catherine Mack is a travel writer specialising in green, eco, responsible and ethical tourism. Call it what you will, but just don't call it worthy. Catherine writes in a way that shows travellers their time away can be just as sustainable as other areas of their life, and just as fun (ideally more) than buying the mass tourism ticket. Although Catherine looks closely at the green aspects of travel, for her it's not all about solar panels and lightbulbs, calico or compost. It's about finding great, green places to stay, meeting like-minded people and discovering fun things to do which make holidays all we want them to be.
As well as writing for many UK and Irish publications, she has a Masters degree in Responsible Tourism Management. In her role as regular Ethical Traveller columnist for The Irish Times, this app is growing all the time, as Catherine travels around the country and shares news, people and places in her regular app updates. Her green notebook is always open for new suggestions.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Game of Thrones Filming Locations NI displays a list of over 25 locations throughout Northern Ireland associated with filming Game of Thrones. Details of scenes filmed at the location and how it was used to feature in the show is displayed. A map showing the location of the selected filming location can be displayed and driving directions to the location are provided. Directions can be shared via e.g. email or text message.
Game of Thrones Filming Locations NI app enables fans to:
- view a map showing the location of Game of Thrones filming locations in Northern Ireland
- get driving directions to a selected filming location
- obtain information about what scenes where filmed at the location and how it was used to feature in Game of Thrones
- view a map showing over 25 locations in Northern Ireland connected to the filming of Game of Thrones
Note: This app is not endorsed by or affiliated in any way with Game Of Thrones or HBO.
The app is provided by the National Transport Authority in partnership with Dublin City Council
• Access Real Time Passenger information from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Luas, Dart and Irish Rail Commuter and Intercity services.
• See up to date information of when your Bus/Luas/Train will be at a Stop or Station
• View Stops and Routes on a map and navigate through the map for additional stops and information.
• Setup Favourites so that you can access the Real Time Passenger Information for your regular stops quickly.
• Create Reminders to notify you when the bus is approaching your stop, or when you are near a certain bus stop.
• Access Travel Updates for Dublin Bus/Bus Éireann/Luas and Irish Rail so that you can stay up to date.
Please note: The National Real Time service is currently being improved and expanded in order to ensure more and more stops have real time data. We welcome your feedback about this app, via the “feedback” button on the app.
The National Transport Authority is working with Bus Éireann to expand real time information to all Bus Éireann bus stops. Real Time Information for other bus operators will be incorporated into the app when such data becomes available.
TravelBuddy Ireland is an online and mobile app solution that allows visitors to book tickets to activities tours & attractions all over Ireland either prior to departure or while they are on the go on their smart device. TravelBuddy offers the widest choice of things to do all over Ireland.
Warnings take the form of a notification message which will appear in the the device’s notification bar and can be used to reopen the application if it is hidden. The device will vibrate, the default notification sound will play, and the LED (if one exists) will flash. The notification will disappear once the device is out of range of the speed van zone.
There is an additional function to search for a location and the map will display the speed van zones for that area which may be useful when planning a trip!
Internet access is required if you wish to view the maps, however this is not needed in order to receive speed van zone warnings. GPS is not essential but it is recommended for an accurate reading of the device location.
Certain application settings can be changed to the user’s preferences. Warnings may be turned on or off, and the frequency of GPS updates may be adjusted in order to preserve battery life. The default zoom level of the map can also be adjusted.
This application is free and contains no ads. It was developed for a college assignment so please leave feedback and comments about your experience using it, both good and bad. Also if you could submit bug reports for any problems that you have or send me a mail to the address below I would really appreciate it! :)
The perfect iPhone guide for anyone planning a holiday in Ireland.
Browse all our members and get detailed information about each campsite including facilities, size and opening times.
Use the interactive map to locate sites near you. Find your favourites and plan your perfect holiday.
You get the best interactive Ireland hotel booking experience with the Ireland Hotels Booking free Android app
Exactly what you booking need for last minute hotel deals!
Ireland Hotel 80% Discount is free and lets you book now for tonight’s best deals.
There are no fees, no mark-ups and it is FREE to use.
To get the best hotel rates every time, simply search by location, date and number of guests and Ireland Hotels quickly finds you the best deals in Ireland.
• Simple search by location, dates and guests
• “Around Me” search to find what is available around you at that exact moment
• Search results can be viewed two ways - on a map or in a list format
• Interactive map with zoom in, zoom out, and swipe to reveal more hotels
• View all hotel details, guest ratings, images and features the hotel offers
• Comparison table for all hotels and the best rates available for all our partner booking sites
• Refine your search by price, star ratings, areas, hotel features and more
• Book with our partner websites by simply clicking “book” on your hotel of choice
• Big image gallery
• Apps in 41 languages
• The only app that allow you to search the hotel deals through out
One search and our app will search all the listed hotels and give you the best prices in one screen for all the deals.
Hostel and lodging listing is also in our app. Book your room now!
The Skellig Coast encompasses the area between Kells and Castlecove, the most beautiful part of the ‘Ring of Kerry’.
From Skellig Michael Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to the Rugged Headlands, Dramatic Mountains and Sandy Blue Flag Beaches…we have it all.
Come and visit to experience the friendliness and hospitality of the local people, share in our history, folklore and music. Magic holiday memories are made here!
The Skellig Coast App can help you plan your holiday to the Skellig Coast and works best using wi-fi. With the touch of the screen, you can use it to find a place to Stay or find Things to See and Do and get directions with our Maps and GPS.
With the touch of a button, you can also share your holiday experiences with family & friends on facebook and twitter
Best of all, you can call, email or go to the website of each tourism business directly from the App to save you time and make that booking fast and on the go !!!!
- Archaeological & Historical Sites
- Skellig Michael, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Derrynane House and National Park
- Tetrapod Tracks – 350 million years old
- Valentia Island Heritage Centre
- Geokaun Mountain and Foher Cliffs, Valentia Island
- Atlantic Telegraph Cable
- The Skellig Experience
- Valentia Slate Quarry & Grotto
- Old Barracks Heritage Centre, Cahersiveen
- Daniel O’Connell Memorial Church
- Ballycarbery Castle
- Cahergal , Leacanabuaile and Loher Ring Forts
- Eightercua Stone Row, Waterville
- Beentee Loop Walk, Cahersiveen
- Knocknadobar Mountain & Stations of the Cross
- The Kerry Way
- Bolus Head Loop Walk, Ballinskelligs
DRIVING AND CYCLING
- The Skellig Ring
- Bealach Oisin
- Ring of Kerry
- Skellig Bay Golf Course
- Dooks & Waterville Golf Links
- Ring of Kerry & Killorglin Golf Courses
Courses available from beginner to experienced for Surfing, Diving, Swimming, Kayaking, Sailing & Coasteering.
ANGLING - FISHING
- Some of the best sea angling & game fishing in Europe.
- Bass, Salmon & Trout in abundance.
- Boat Trips
- Horse Riding & Pony Trekking
- Bird Watching Walks
- Gardens & Farms
- Sub-Tropical Gardens at Kells and Glanleam, Valentia Island
- Sheep Dog Trials at Kells Sheep Centre
- Pet Farm
- Valentia Ice-cream & Dairy Farm
EVENTS happening all year round including
- Celtic Festival of Music & The Arts, Cahersiveen
- Charlie Chaplin Film Festival, Waterville
- Sea Shanty Festival, Portmagee
- New Year’s Eve Festival, Portmagee
- King Scallop Festival, Valentia
- Traditional Regattas during the Summer
- Ballinskelligs Country Market, Café Cois Trá
ARTS AND CRAFT
The Skellig Coast is a haven for many local, creative arts & crafts producers, potters, ceramicists, artists, sculptors, weavers & photographers, all with their own studios, retail outlets and workshops.
- from Chocolate Making, St Finans Bay
- to Candle Making, Valentia Island
- to Tech Amergin Arts Centre, Waterville
PUBS, RESTAURANTS, ACCOMODATION and ENTERTAINMENT
The Skellig Coast has a wide range of award winning accommodation, restaurants, cafes, pubs & hotels, to suit all budgets & tastes.
From camp sites to hotels and from Bed and Breakfasts to hostels, the Skellig Coast has it all. Entertainment is available locally and nightly including Bands, Concerts, Dancing, Traditional Music Sessions and more.
Come visit us !
For More Info and Offers, please visit us on
The Ireland Travel Kit takes you to places rarely covered by guidebooks and travel shows. It’s a fun, informative companion for trip planning, road trips, and conversations.
- Read suggestions and accounts from locals and experienced travelers
- Explore sites in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Includes often-missed sites on the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Connemara Loop, Wicklow Mountains, Dublin City, and Causeway Coast.
- Visit over 425 destinations with more than 150 Ireland Travel Kit "Picks" overflowing with original content
- View by map and get directions from your current location
- Dig a little deeper with photos and links to more information for every listing
- Stream samples of great Irish music and podcasts from our playlists
- Submit photos of your favorite places
- Enjoy new destinations every week as we continuously grow our collection of unique places
- Find our editors' favorites with new "picks" featured every week
- Use this app while connected to the internet to gather the most recent updates and explore app features
The app is a Freeware currently launched on Android platform and has been developed by NWDCo.com a Hospitality Technology Services Provider.
Your feedback & suggestions will further help us improve the app.
The app is designed keeping in view the interests of the professionals and students aspiring to be professionals to keep track of the current affairs in the fields of Financial, Security, Commodities Markets and Corporate laws.
With the advent of technology, Education has also evolved. This app is an effort of Siddharth Academy to reach out to students who are pursuing professional courses as well as noble professionals.
In today's world, time is very valuable. So it will be our effort to bring relevant news as a notification, followed by its precise analysis followed by the detailed article.
After a decade and half of service to students pursuing professional courses of CA, CS, & CMA in Mumbai, the Siddharth Academy is now expanding its wings to extend its' services to professional students across the Nation.
For more information: www.siddharthacademy.com
For Ads & listings contact firstname.lastname@example.org
News related to Diamond, Jewelry, Jewellery, Gold, Platinum, Silver, MCX, FX & everything related to the Jewelry Industry at large under the sun. Your feedback will further help us improve the App. Send the same on email@example.com
We welcome you the The Beatle Hotels, Mumbai
Yogi Midtown is a perfect option for those looking for homely comfort with access to world class service. Yogi Midtown is located at Bonsari Village on the Mumbai - Pune Highway in Turbhe Navi area of Mumbai. The famous Inorbit Mall is just 3 km away from Yogi Midtown. The domestic and international airports are 27 km and 30 km away respectively, while CST Railway Station is about 30 km away from the hotel.
The hotel has 87 Elegant Guest Rooms & Suites offering features like, dedicated climate control, auto wake-up call, direct dialling facility, Wi Fi, sophisticated electronic security system, High Definition Television, well stocked mini bars, King / Twin beds & more. It also has Multi Cuisine Restaurants, Bar, Business Centre, Health Club & Spa & Roof top Swimming Pool. Fariyas hotel is known for its friendly luxury that comes with a friendlier price tag. No wonder, it's the most preferred choice of our many regular guests.
The name Fariyas is synonymous for superior service culture and modern rooms and facilities matching the needs of its discerning clientele. Our refined physical product and willingness of our employees to pamper our guest on a daily basis is what makes us humble. We provide innovative food and beverages concepts with modern meeting and banquet facilities. The Wild Waters - Water Park entertains both young and the young at heart. The exhilarating rides, a sunken bar and much more activities are fun filled experiences for the whole family.
The hotel is 2 km from the CST main bus depot and 11 km from the Dadar Central Railway Station. It is an hours' drive from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
Fitted with tiled flooring and a seating area, modern rooms feature soundproofed windows and a flat-screen TV. Tea/coffee making facilities and a personal safe are included. Room service is available.
Our specialization & consulting has taken us across the globe, with successful implementations at client locations across Europe, Hong Kong, Africa, Thailand & India.
Focus services include:
1. Website Development
2. eCommerce Portals
3. Online Brand Building & Promotions
4. Cloud Solutions & Service including Cloud Servers & Infrastructire
5. eLearning System on our robust nEducate Platform
6. Mobile App Development for Android & iOS
7. nVEvents Cloud HD - Intelligent Cloud based Digital Signage Solutions
Based in Mumbai, India & Hong Kong, NWDCo has a vast number of clients, across Industries spread round the globe, including USA, Europe, Hong Kong, India, Middle East, Africa to name a few.
The property is 9 km from The Gandhi Ashram and 15 km from the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport. Indroda Nature Park and Ahmedabad Railway Station are 25 km away.
Fitted with wooden flooring, contemporary air-conditioned rooms feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an electric kettle and a minibar. A personal safe and a telephone are included.
At Ascot you are just ten minutes away from the business districts of Nariman Point, Ballard Estate and The World Trade Centre and few minutes away from other historical sites like Gateway of India, Jehangir Art Gallery, St. Thomas Cathedral, Prince of Wales Museum, David Sassoon Library and the National Centre for the Performing Arts. Nearby Elephanta Caves is a World Heritage site.
You can strike the best deals at the shopping arcades of Colaba Causeway from handicrafts to carpets and from books to haute couture. The name itself conjures images of magical concoctions that will help lift your spirits and unwind.