- Ireland In Depth: the background info that you need to have before you go.
- A country map highlighting all the cities and national parks.
- Complete city guides for the most important destinations, with sights, restaurants, things to do and a city map.
- Mini guides for less important destinations.
- Irish language phrasebook.
** Nothern Ireland is not included in this guide. We do have a separate Belfast guide **
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Eat | Drink | Sleep | Buy | Contact | Respect | Stay Safe | Driving in Ireland | Units Conversion
1. Ireland: History | Geography | Climate | Religion | Politics | Culture | Language | Transportation | Top 10 Attractions
2. By Area: Republic of Ireland | Northern Ireland | Counties | Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
3. Maps: Ireland | Geography | Transportation | Regions & Roads | Counties | Aran Islands | Top Attractions
3.1 Dublin: City | Motorways | Rail | DART system
3.2 Other Cities: Belfast | Cork | Galway | Derry | Kilkenny | Letterkenny
4. Dublin: History | Economy | Culture | Climate | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Get out
4.1 Transport: Get in | Get around | Airport | Port | Port Tunnel | Bus | Suburban Rail | Rapid Transit
4.2 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | Itinerary | See | Do | Buy
4.3 Landmarks: Museums | Theatres | Places of Worship | Buildings & Structures | Streets & Squares | Open Areas | Castles | Statues | Pubs
5. Belfast: History | Climate | Culture | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Transport | Stay Safe | Get out
5.1 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | See | Do | Buy
6. Other Cities: Cork | Derry | Galway | Kilkenny | Letterkenny | Limerick | Sligo | Waterford | Wexford
7. Other Destinations: Aran Islands | Brú Na Bóinne | Bunratty Castle | The Burren | Carlow | Carrowmore | Cliffs of Moher | Connemara | Dingle Peninsula | Dromineer | Giant's Causeway | Glendalough | Iveragh Peninsula | Kinsale | Lakes of Killarney | Lough Corrib | Ring of Kerry | Valentia Island | Western Way
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
The perfect iPhone guide for anyone planning a holiday in Ireland.
Browse all our members and get detailed information about each campsite including facilities, size and opening times.
Use the interactive map to locate sites near you. Find your favourites and plan your perfect holiday.
Warnings take the form of a notification message which will appear in the the device’s notification bar and can be used to reopen the application if it is hidden. The device will vibrate, the default notification sound will play, and the LED (if one exists) will flash. The notification will disappear once the device is out of range of the speed van zone.
There is an additional function to search for a location and the map will display the speed van zones for that area which may be useful when planning a trip!
Internet access is required if you wish to view the maps, however this is not needed in order to receive speed van zone warnings. GPS is not essential but it is recommended for an accurate reading of the device location.
Certain application settings can be changed to the user’s preferences. Warnings may be turned on or off, and the frequency of GPS updates may be adjusted in order to preserve battery life. The default zoom level of the map can also be adjusted.
This application is free and contains no ads. It was developed for a college assignment so please leave feedback and comments about your experience using it, both good and bad. Also if you could submit bug reports for any problems that you have or send me a mail to the address below I would really appreciate it! :)
It has sussed the best ways to visit Ireland with kids so you don't have to do the legwork:
* Packed with cool places kids will just love to visit.
* It's like having a bunch of native kids show you the best stuff to do in this magical country.
* Quirky car games to keep them amused and engaged with the trip along the way.
* A full nationwide listing of free outdoor play areas.
* Scavenger hunts and car bingo will get you working as a team so you get the most of your family time together.
* A whole community of other app users who can pass on their tips and experiences to you.
It's all covered from:
* County-by-county listings.
* The best local sweets (candy).
* Pit stops on long journeys.
* Cracking videos to show you how it's done.
* Slide shows to whet your appetite.
* And remember those songs your uncle Pat used to murder at weddings? Well they're here too including one hilarious version of 'Danny Boy'!
★ About the Author ★
As a former film producer, location scout, tour-bus guide, blogger, teacher and now mother of two, Ann Brehony has learned a few things about working with a difficult audience. From experience, she knows there is no tougher crowd than a car full of cranky kids. She is passionate about where she lives and wants to share the gems hidden under the skin of the Irish landscape and its people. She has looked at her country through the eyes of her kids and has come up with the most kid-friendly way to enjoy this enchanting island.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Provided by PLACE STARS (http://www.placestars.com).
- SIMPLE: Very easy to use simple offline maps without hard-to-understand functionality. It’s just a map, and it’s very easy & simple to use! You don’t have to learn to use the Offline Map App, just download and start the app.
- USEFUL: The Offline Map App is very informative and you may check it yourself! It includes topical articles from Wikipedia - the online encyclopedia, edited and prepared for you by our editors to use offline in our application without Internet connection.
- COMPASS FEATURE: New compass feature helps users orient themselves while navigating in new destination.
- ADDRESS SEARCH: Find cities, streets, houses with our easy-to-use super search feature.
- POINTS OF INTEREST SEARCH: Filter and search any places - point of interest (POI) on our map based on categories such as restaurants, bars, night clubs, museums, parks and more.
- GET DIRECTIONS: Show routes to any point on the map - address, bookmark, POI (bar, café etc.)
- SAVE BOOKMARKS: Easily save current location to bookmarks and display it on the map anytime.
- MAPS ARE AVAILABLE OFFLINE: Download and store the entire map data in your mobile phone locally, and use the map without internet connection. There are no roaming charges, as long as the application is completely offline and it doesn’t use internet to access the data at all. Maps work anywhere!
- NO MOBILE ROAMING CHARGES: Offline map - means no online connection and no internet roaming – no payments for using maps. Application stores maps on SD flash card or internal memory of your mobile device and uses them every time you start it, so it works without internet.
- DETAILED VECTOR HIGH RESOULTION 17xZOOM: The app uses VECTOR maps, vector data means that you will get maximum detail and zoom, maximum coverage with a small map file - that is why our 17xZOOM is very detailed. It allows zooming-in with high resolution.
- LOCATE YOURSELF: Detect your precise location with the GPS function. Your location will be shown on our offline map.
- FAST: It is a fast map app. Zoom works fast, navigation is fast. We use data compression “know-how” algorithm to make the application work fast.
- UP-TO-DATE MAPS: The maps are fresh and updated as long as we use OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps, edited and supported by half a million of people all over the world. Our Offline Map App uses only fresh data.
- FREE UPDATES: You will get absolutely free updates forever as we add new versions.
At a glance
• FREE app
• Works offline and no surprise roaming/data charges
• Easy to use
• Saves you time and money on the move
• 14,000 listings preloaded for accommodation, events, food and more
• Be notified of special offers on local products and services
• Use book marks to help plan your journey
• Virtually move to another location to see what’s awaiting you elsewhere
• See Ireland through interactive maps
• Use Compass view to get seamless directions to a preferred destination
It’s Ireland in your pocket. So, go on, download the app today and whether you’re a local or a first-time visitor, get a handle on what’s happening in Ireland with the Discover Ireland app.
Whilst Discover Ireland has tried to ensure that this app performs well across a wide variety of Android devices we cannot guarantee optimum performance across all Android platforms. This app will run across multiple types of hardware with different processors and different speeds and you’re in app experience will be governed by this capability. Please note that not all Android smartphones can install all Android apps.
It is recommended that a mid-to-high range Android phone is used to enjoy the Discover Ireland app to its full potential. Example phones are: Samsung Galaxy: S2, S3, S4, Note I, Note II, S4 Mini, S III Mini, Express, HTC: One, One S, One X, One Mini, Sony Xperia: Z, T, SP, S, J, Huawei Ascend: P2, P6
FIND great Things to See and Do - Follow our routes live with GPS - Track your own activity and photos & submit to ActiveME - Plan your holiday & Share experiences with family & friends.
Get Active, Get Outdoors! ActiveME is the best way to explore Ireland on the go.
Create a 'To Do' and 'Done' list or just plan a trip in your Favourites section. When visiting Ireland you can plan and record your entire holiday.
- FIND great new ‘Things to See and Do’
- Search activities, businesses or events by list or map view
- Detailed maps for walking, cycling, watersports, fishing, Birdwatching, horse riding, sailing, scenic drives and holiday itineraries
- Turn on nearby Points of Interest on our maps (names of mountains, lakes, castles, etc.)
- Also see Family Friendly, Wheelchair Friendly or Dog Friendly
- Filter your search by distance (nearby), by county, by activity, by difficulty, by route shape (loop, one way), by duration & by length
TRACK and map your own adventures using GPS
- Track your own favourite walk, cycle, fishing or surfing spot, etc with GPS and see your route drawn on the map as you move
- Continue tracking while using other apps on your phone
- Geotag (pin) the location of your photos on your map
- Share to facebook, twitter and ActiveME on the go!
- View real time stats and details (distance, time & speed)
- Promote Tourism in your local area by adding your own favourite activities to ActiveME
- Track anywhere in the world
FIND & FOLLOW
- Avoid getting lost and find directions using your phones GPS
- Follow a route live on screen, a quick glance at the map and you will see if you are still on track as you move
- Plan or record your trip or holiday by adding to ‘Your Favourites’
- Create a mobile ‘To Do’ or ‘Done’ list
If you are interested in Adding your own business to our Apps and our website, please visit www.activeme.ie/register/. Join for FREE and then pay a small annual fee to Add Your Business.
GET YOUR ‘OWN’ TOURISM APP
ActiveME create Tourism Apps for Smart Communities who ‘Work Together’. Its quick, simple and affordable to get your ‘own’ branded Tourism App NOW for your Town, City or other area. All you need is a minimum of 30 businesses signed up at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit http://www.activeme.ie/mobile-apps/smart-tourism/ for details on design and pricing.
Please visit www.activeme.ie for more info
Going to Ireland? Try this FREE & OFFLINE travel guide with cities, attractions, road map, local prices, tips and reviews added by hikers.
Join Hikersbay family, community of more than 10 000 000 travelers who use our apps and share articles, reviews, photos and recommendations.
• Available in 15 languages.
• 100% free and offline (no roaming charges)
• Best mobile travel guide 2013 - ACS Awards Winner.
This app offers you complete offline city guides for:
Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Killarney, Galway, Kilkenny, Dingle, Blarney, Doolin, Limerick, Waterford and other travel destinations in Ireland.
Features of the Ireland Travel Guide by Hikersbay:
• Top cities & regions in Ireland
• List of attractions with multi-language descriptions and photos
• Currency converter & local prices comparison (71 curriencies)
• 14 days weather forecast with offline mode
• Travel reviews & social recommendation
• Multiple languages supported (15 languages)
• Best Trips, Adventures, and To Do
• Cheap hotel booking and car hire
What people say:
• "Very handy. For years when I toured Paris, I lugged around a folded paper city map. Later I toured with a small thick book of arr.maps. Now it's on my pad!"
• "Awesome! This app provides all the things you need. No agresive adds and doesn't need network connection at all. Really helpful."
• "Absolutely good. When we had our vacation in Hong Kong it really helps me a lot. I recommend this apps to people who want to go to HK. Great work!"
• "Great app, easy to use. Try to use this application for great guide going to different places you like."
With this app you get access to FREE guided walking tour around the most important and characteristic places in: Dublin, Cork and Munster. The range of free services may vary.
- Includes Intercity, DART and Commuter services
- Realtime journey details
- Full timetable search
- Find your nearest station
- Check all the stations a train will call to
- Share when a train is due with a friend
- Create home screen shortcuts for your favourite stations
- Save your favourite train stations
- Latest Irish Rail Twitter feeds
Train Times Ireland Pro is also available and removes ads from the app
If there is a problem with this app please contact me so I can fix it or provide you with more information on what is happening.
Local businesses and key organisations manage their own content and keep users up to date with their offers and events.
Local people looking for local information
Local people looking for local deals
Local businesses searching for local suppliers
Local up to date news information
Supporting your local business community
Local shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas and much more...
Whether searching for local event information, council details or local business vouchers, the Big Local App provides useful reasons for users to open and interact with the app.
The app is provided by the National Transport Authority in partnership with Dublin City Council.
• Access Real Time Passenger information from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann & Luas services.
• See up to date information of when your bus / Luas / train will be at a stop or station
• View stops and routes on a map and navigate through the map for additional stops and information.
• Setup favourites so that you can quickly access Real Time passenger information for your regular stops.
• Create Reminders to notify you when a bus is approaching your stop, or when you are near a certain bus stop.
• Access travel updates for Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Luas and Iarnród Éireann services, so you can stay up to date.
Please note: The National Real Time service is currently being improved and expanded in order to ensure more and more stops have real time data. We welcome your feedback about this app, via the “feedback” button on the app.
The app is a Freeware currently launched on Android platform and has been developed by NWDCo.com a Hospitality Technology Services Provider.
Your feedback & suggestions will further help us improve the app.
The name Fariyas is synonymous for superior service culture and modern rooms and facilities matching the needs of its discerning clientele. Our refined physical product and willingness of our employees to pamper our guest on a daily basis is what makes us humble. We provide innovative food and beverages concepts with modern meeting and banquet facilities. The Wild Waters - Water Park entertains both young and the young at heart. The exhilarating rides, a sunken bar and much more activities are fun filled experiences for the whole family.
Each attraction is further described with its information & location on the map. Also present are their timings & directions.
nMap Denmark has been developed by NWDCo.com a leading Web Development & IT Solutions provider. For support please write in to: email@example.com
The app is designed keeping in view the interests of the professionals and students aspiring to be professionals to keep track of the current affairs in the fields of Financial, Security, Commodities Markets and Corporate laws.
With the advent of technology, Education has also evolved. This app is an effort of Siddharth Academy to reach out to students who are pursuing professional courses as well as noble professionals.
In today's world, time is very valuable. So it will be our effort to bring relevant news as a notification, followed by its precise analysis followed by the detailed article.
After a decade and half of service to students pursuing professional courses of CA, CS, & CMA in Mumbai, the Siddharth Academy is now expanding its wings to extend its' services to professional students across the Nation.
For more information: www.siddharthacademy.com
For Ads & listings contact firstname.lastname@example.org
News related to Diamond, Jewelry, Jewellery, Gold, Platinum, Silver, MCX, FX & everything related to the Jewelry Industry at large under the sun. Your feedback will further help us improve the App. Send the same on email@example.com
We welcome you the The Beatle Hotels, Mumbai
Yogi Midtown is a perfect option for those looking for homely comfort with access to world class service. Yogi Midtown is located at Bonsari Village on the Mumbai - Pune Highway in Turbhe Navi area of Mumbai. The famous Inorbit Mall is just 3 km away from Yogi Midtown. The domestic and international airports are 27 km and 30 km away respectively, while CST Railway Station is about 30 km away from the hotel.
The hotel has 87 Elegant Guest Rooms & Suites offering features like, dedicated climate control, auto wake-up call, direct dialling facility, Wi Fi, sophisticated electronic security system, High Definition Television, well stocked mini bars, King / Twin beds & more. It also has Multi Cuisine Restaurants, Bar, Business Centre, Health Club & Spa & Roof top Swimming Pool. Fariyas hotel is known for its friendly luxury that comes with a friendlier price tag. No wonder, it's the most preferred choice of our many regular guests.
The hotel is 2 km from the CST main bus depot and 11 km from the Dadar Central Railway Station. It is an hours' drive from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
Fitted with tiled flooring and a seating area, modern rooms feature soundproofed windows and a flat-screen TV. Tea/coffee making facilities and a personal safe are included. Room service is available.
Our specialization & consulting has taken us across the globe, with successful implementations at client locations across Europe, Hong Kong, Africa, Thailand & India.
Focus services include:
1. Website Development
2. eCommerce Portals
3. Online Brand Building & Promotions
4. Cloud Solutions & Service including Cloud Servers & Infrastructire
5. eLearning System on our robust nEducate Platform
6. Mobile App Development for Android & iOS
7. nVEvents Cloud HD - Intelligent Cloud based Digital Signage Solutions
Based in Mumbai, India & Hong Kong, NWDCo has a vast number of clients, across Industries spread round the globe, including USA, Europe, Hong Kong, India, Middle East, Africa to name a few.
The property is 9 km from The Gandhi Ashram and 15 km from the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport. Indroda Nature Park and Ahmedabad Railway Station are 25 km away.
Fitted with wooden flooring, contemporary air-conditioned rooms feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an electric kettle and a minibar. A personal safe and a telephone are included.
At Ascot you are just ten minutes away from the business districts of Nariman Point, Ballard Estate and The World Trade Centre and few minutes away from other historical sites like Gateway of India, Jehangir Art Gallery, St. Thomas Cathedral, Prince of Wales Museum, David Sassoon Library and the National Centre for the Performing Arts. Nearby Elephanta Caves is a World Heritage site.
You can strike the best deals at the shopping arcades of Colaba Causeway from handicrafts to carpets and from books to haute couture. The name itself conjures images of magical concoctions that will help lift your spirits and unwind.