*** Information is based on the most recent 2014 data ***
The following information is covered for over 270 countries:
* Flag Graphic
* Map Image
* Transnational Issues
Easy Search: start typing and you find the country you're looking for.
Easy Navigation: touch support for navigating in the content area.
Countries and Regions Included:
Antigua and Barbuda
Ashmore and Cartier Islands
Bassas da India
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
Coral Sea Islands
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
French Southern and Antarctic Lands
Heard Island and McDonald Islands
Holy See (Vatican City)
Isle of Man
Juan de Nova Island
Micronesia, Federated States of
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
South Georgia and the Islands
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands (UK)
Virgin Islands (US)
This is free version. Check also World Factbook Pro with reference maps and some other extra features not available in free version.
Explanation of permissions:
Location: for the compass that shows you where a capital city is and how far away it is.
Internet: get Flickr pictures and show advertisements
Network state: For advertisements.
Phone state and identity: advertisements networks require this permission, we don't use it ourselves.
There is always the payed version for people who don't feel comfortable with the Phone state permission.
- detailed information about 250 countries
- all data available offline - no internet connection required
- reference map for each country
- large country flag with description
Thoughts, suggestions, noticed something weird? Drop me a line.
* Country profiles and country comparisons
* Both phone and tablet interfaces
* Detailed flags and maps (requires a free Flags & Maps add-on from Play Store: http://goo.gl/WQ7Bcp)
* No ads
* Works completely offline
* The app does requests access to internet to automatically report possible errors or warnings. Of course, if internet is not present it'll continue working.
* It also requires about 15 megabytes of additional space for internal database to be unpacked.
Want to test latest features and help develop this app? Join the beta program and receive latest beta builds: http://goo.gl/9PL1EE
The World Factbook 2014-15. Washington, DC: Central Intelligence Agency (Jan 16, 2014)
Database size is more than 99MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every article you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add articles to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Random article of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
Fora Dictionary should be installed to use this dictionary.
# Articles: 260
Download size: ~ 5 MB
SD-card space used: ~ 5 MB
Install, extract to SD-card and uninstall.
Dictionary Manager > Dictionary > "Delete permanently".
The World Factbook 2009, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
Create a separate profile and use suggestions to browse countries.
Note: not all countries have all types of maps.
World Factbook app is available free on Play Store:
Now with fact sharing and definable reference country!
* NEW! Olympics data
* Geographic info
* Travel info
* Current time + weather
* Satellite + street maps
* Homescreen flag widget
* Quiz mode
Uses Wikipedia's "List of Sovereign States and Dependent Territories by Continent" as the master list.
Brings together information from Wikipedia, Wikitravel, Google Maps, Weather Underground, the CIA World Factbook, and others. Email support for any suggestions!
Requires net connection and google maps. Ad-supported.
Develop your knowledge of the world - also features flags, population data, insightful info on religion, language, culture, transportation, and other tidbits about each nation.
Use the search function to filter results! For ease-of-use and quick loading, textual content is stored offline but maps and images are retrieved online.
Topics: Balance of Payments, Comparative Advantage, Exchange Rates, Expectations, Inflation, Interest Rates, Trade, Money, Output, Savings & Investment.
This paid version of the app is free of advertising.
performance and the government's policies in affecting its economic conditions.
Economists are interested to know the factors that contribute towards a country's
economic growth because if the economy progresses, ...... interesting?????
Read more thoughtful and interesting topics in this book and get knowledge about macro economy.
There is also a discovery mode : click on the play button and the facts will be displayed. The world map is animated to give live to these facts. Zoom out to see the whole world; color the countries according to some fact; zoom in to the country that scores higher; pan to the country that scores lowest and so on.