This is an ad included research based app that helps you to research shark attacks and shark related incidents that have occurred all over the world. We have also published an add free version where a portion of the proceeds generated by the SharkBytes App will go to the conservation of sharks and shark attack research.
By using the Search Your Beach category on the app one can search beaches by country, area, and geographical location to find out where any recorded shark attacks have occurred (via WIFI connection). See detailed information regarding the details of each attack. Our How to Avoid Shark Attacks will give you tips to also decrease your chances of being victim of a shark attack. This app is must have for shark and beach lovers around world.
Other Features include information on over 130 different types of sharks with name, genus, habitat, distinct features, conservation status, images etc., interesting facts about sharks for shark lovers, recent shark attack articles, depopulation of sharks and how to help protect them, and variety of cool shark wallpapers to download to your phone and a sliding shark puzzle game.
We strongly believe that education is answer to improving human and shark relations. Thank you for supporting our cause!!
✓ Universal fits all screens!
✓ Beautiful image collage from Wikipedia! (Where results are available)
✓ A ton of great information!
✓ Make a bookmark of your favorites for easy reference later!
✓ A built-in notepad to keep track of important info and email it!
If you like space or astronomy, you will like this ISS locator app.
ISS Detector will tell you when and where to look for the International Space Station or Iridium flares. You get an alarm a few minutes before a pass. You will never miss a pass of the International Space Station and you will never miss the bright flashes of the iridium communication satellites. ISS Detector will also check if the weather conditions are right. A clear sky is perfect for spotting.
Extensions will enhance the functionality of ISS Detector. With an in-app purchase you can add comets and planets, amateur radio satellites and famous objects, like the Hubble space telescope or the Chinese space station Tiangong.
• Overview of the coming passes
• Weather conditions for perfect sightings
• Radar screen with path indication
• Current location on a map
• Detection of Iridium flares
• Notifications and Alarms
• Share sightings with whatsapp, twitter, gmail, email etc.
• Automatic location and timezone detection
• Dedicated tablet layout
Available Extensions (in-app purchase):
Radio Amateur Satellites
Track dozens of ham and weather satellites
Track Hubble, X-37B, Fitsat, Tiangong and more
Comets and Planets
Track comets as they come closer to earth. Perfect for C/2011 L4 Panstarrs in March 2013 or C/2012 S1 ISON in November 2013.
Enable ISS Detector to display the positions of the planets on the radar view.
ISS Detector combines data from Nasa, Heavens-above.com, minorplanetcenter.net and weather from yr.no.
Jigsaw Puzle with whales and sharks offers:
- Eight fascinating jigsaw puzzles: blue whale, humpback whale, killer whale, sperm whale, dolphin, blue shark, great white shark, and manta (ray-fish).
- A simple and obvious interface makes the app easy for everyone to use.
- Ability to choose between an easy, intermediate and difficult level.
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Italian and Russian.
The depth of the ocean is waiting! Do you dare to visit it?
Wombi creates fun and educational apps for kids in all ages. Check out all our apps on www.wombiapps.com!
Satellite Safari is your tour guide to the universe of satellites that humanity has launched into orbit around our home planet.
The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) writes: "My tests of the app were positive. No crashes, no surprises... A very cool app." Here's the full review:
You can use Satellite Safari to learn more about the International Space Station and many hundreds of other satellites already in orbit. Satellite Safari will tell you where to find them in the sky, when they'll pass overhead, and where they are orbiting over Earth right now.
Satellite Safari can show you the spacecraft that will pass over your location at any given time. You can even get a "bird's eye view" from a satellite itself, and see the Earth from orbit exactly as the satellite sees it!
Satellite Safari updates its satellite orbit data from celestrak.com automatically every day. All satellites include facts and figures computed for your precise GPS location, and updated every second. Many satellites also include descriptions that give you the mission's history, purpose, and more.
Satellite Safari's simple user interface and super high accuracy make it an invaluable tool for exploring the spacecraft in orbit around our home planet. Please feel free to contact us at www.southernstars.com if you have further questions. We hope you enjoy using Satellite Safari!
Solar System 3D is an educational application for anyone interested in our amazing space.
Take a journey to our solar system with this app now.
- 3D space navigation
- Entire solar system with the Sun, 8 major planets and the Moon.
- Wikipedia information about each astro
- Timer setting with speed up options to learn the spinning and orbiting basics of the solar system
- Fantastic simulation of the Earth's seasonal tilt degree and day-night simulation based on your device global location.
- Fair clouds, ambient night view and atmosphere simulation for our planet Earth.
- Real scale factor on the planet size, spin/orbit speed and distance to sun.
The calculations are of a high enough accuracy for almost all amateur astronomy applications.
Due to the fact that astronomy is often best when far from civilization where mobile signal may not always be reliable. Therefore, this app is (almost) completely self-contained and does not require any internet connection for most of the information available. The only exceptions to this are the SOHO solar images and NGC/IC, Messier, Caldwell and Binary star images and weather forecast which are loaded dynamically, as well as the refreshing of satellite, comet and near-earth asteroid data.
Night mode turns the display red for night observations without having to ruin your night vision.
The Sky Map makes use of the direction sensors of the device to show the sky above (or below you). Most of the features can be toggled in the settings. The Sky Map also allows you to turn on the device's camera to see the view behind the device with the sky map superimposed over it.
The direction sensors of the device may need to be calibrated if the map appears to be pointing in the wrong direction. To calibrate the device's sensors wave the device in a figure-8 pattern. If the direction is still off, then the direction calibration can be adjusted manually by changing the setting in the Settings screen.
The observation log, allows you to save observations in the applications, as well as manage a list of astronomical equipment and observing locations. This equipment is also available for use in the Telescope Calculator.
Most of the data screens have an option to share the data via email, or other similar apps able to accept HTML content.
The Astronomical Time is also available as a Home screen widget. To use the widget, the app needs to be installed onto the internal storage instead of the SD card, otherwise it will not be available.
The Russian translation of the application is courtesy of Lirvux.
Some permissions are required for correct functioning of the app:
Location - used to determine user location throughout the app
Camera/Microphone - used to allow camera background in skymap. The microphone is never used but this permission is bundled with camera.
Photos/Media/Files - used to allow proper functioning of the full screen images and caching of images
Network access - used to do online searches, and downloading comet, asteroid and satellite data, object images and geocoding.
The app is jam-packed with features:
- Observe the sky with the skymap, planisphere, aurora forecast, polar finder, weather forecast, daylight map, SOHO images, Jupiter and Saturn's moons, Moon and Sun calendars and what's up.
- Detailed object information on the planets, constellations, comets, exoplanets, meteor showers, near-earth asteroids, satellites, as well as the full NGCIC, Caldwell, Messier, 6th catalog of Visual Binary Stars by the USNO and General Catalog of Variable Stars catalogs, as well as a SIMBAD search.
- Calculate angular separation, atmospheric refraction, magnitude, coordinate conversions, visual limiting magnitude, precession, redshift, and telescope airy disc, f-ratio and magnification
- Astronomical references, glossary, HR diagram and stellar classification.
- Astrophotography tools for exposure time, CCD resolution, Untracked exposure time and optimal f-ratio.
- Emphemerides for eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions and oppositions, the sun, moon and planets
- Observation log
- Astronomical time
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart's features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: "Fly me to the Moon" / "Go to Saturn" / "Tour Mars" / "Look at Andromeda" / "Where is the Cigar Galaxy?"[English only]
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature allows you to shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to email@example.com.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
* Star Chart does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
It's the mobile planetarium in your pocket, designed for astronomy fans to explore the universe. Just hold up and point your device at the sky and StarTracker will tell you exactly what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
What our users said:
-- "Best star gazing app I've ever used. Very well put together and great visuals!!! From end to end this app is a must-have for anyone interested in astronomy!!"
-- "This app is a marvel of technology, art, and science. Super smooth operation, great graphics and a great merging of the devices capabilities. Having grown up using star charts and compasses, this app feels like science fiction come to life. Great job!"
-- "Looking at the sky was never this incredible!"
-- "If you download only one app, make sure it's this one!! This is one of the best apps I've ever seen, period! Its quality is unmatched among star gazing apps!"
★ All data is offline!
★ Fit all screen size from 3.5 inch to 12 inch for any resolution!
★ Sun, Moon, Planets in Solar System, 88 Constellations and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
★ 12 Zodiac Constellations Art & 6 famous deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
★ Auto hide all menus and enter AR track mode when lift up the device and point to sky.
★ Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
★ Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
★ Full 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Search and guide you to stars, constellations, planets and deep sky objects.
★ 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
★ Time Machine menu and location menu to let you explore more on time and location dimension.
★ Night mode switch, protecting eye when doing star gazing outdoor.
★ Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
★ Bottom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
Combining simplicity and beauty with unrivalled features and power, let Vortex provide you with a stunning view of the night sky.
Augmented Reality (with camera support)
Hold your device to the sky and see an accurate representation of the stars and planets. If your device has a rear facing camera, experience true augmented reality with our sky map overlayed onto the real world! A unique experience not found in any other Android planetarium.
View the sky from any location - Use GPS, Network Provider or our powerful search feature to show you the night sky at your current location, or even the other side of the world.
Using our inovative time slider, you can see how the skies looked at any point in time, with fine control over the abilty to rewind, or fast-forward time. Select an object and watch it's motion as it rises and falls.
Huge object database
With over 20,000 objects to discover, you wont run out of things to search for! Included are
* All major and minor planets in our Solar System including all major moons.
* 88 constellations
* 110 Messier objects
* 109 Caldwell objects
* Full Revised NGC-IC catalog (Over 14,000 objects)
* More than 9000 stars
* Meteor showers
Combined with our powerful search, you will never be far away from any one of these objects!
Facts and figures
To compliment the staggering number of objects available, we have made available concise facts and information about the majority of them, with detailed ephemeris and figures for all. You will learn something new with each and every object in the sky!
Discover, at the touch of a button, upcoming celestial events such as eclipses, conjunctions, moon phases, season changes and much more. With the ability to add these events to your device calendar you'll never miss these sometimes once in a lifetime events again!
With just one button press, see what objects of interest are in the night sky right now!
Unique to Vortex Planetarium, we provide a 3 day forecast for anywhere in the world, focusing on astronomical data, like transparency and seeing. With the ability to mark those clear nights in your devices calendar, you will have no excuse to get outside and marvel at the beauty the Universe beholds.
With a bewildering number of configuration options, packaged in a simple to understand design, you can tailor Vortex to your exact needs. Maybe the constellation art is too bright, no problem, adjust it's transparency, need to adjust the number of stars you see to match the real night sky? No problem! We have pretty much every option covered, and if we don't, let us know why we should!
Beauty, speed & simplicity
Our aim is to make sure Vortex Planetarium is easy to use, extremely powerful and look stunning.
Vortex Planetarium has been optimised to run as fast and as smoothly as possible, no jerky movements when you zoom in on Jupiter. We have not ported Vortex from iPhone, it's purely an Android product. This means we can focus on optimising for the platform exclusively. This philosophy guarantees fast and regular updates.
And much more to come
We are always improving Vortex, and you will never have to "upgrade" or make additional purchases for these features and improvements.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
All fires shown are sorted by distance from you. The date, time, and the probability of whether the fire is real are displayed. The fire complexes show the current number of acres burned. You have the option of having the app automatically update. You can also select how many hours back in time you wish to display fires.
The developer of this app is not responsible for the data or lack of data displayed or how it is used. This app is purely for entertainment purposes.
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
- Android version of http://www.solarsystemscope.com/
- Requires at least 50 MB of free space on card to open correctly
- Languages available: english, spanish, german, russian, italian, korean, slovak
- Heliocentric view with real-time positions of planets and planetary orbits
- Schematic and realistic sizes of the planets and distances between them
- Movement of the planets in time to see how they move in relation to each other - Virtual Orrery
- Planetary exploration with info texts, images and additional views such as structure
- Moons (Galilean moons, Deimos & Phobos, Titan and 15 others)
- Dwarf planets (Pluto, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake. Eris) and their orbits
- Comets (Siding Spring, Lovejoy 2013, Lovejoy 2011, Panstarrs, ISON, Halley, 67P, 209P) - positions and trajectories
- Spacecraft Rosetta and its journey to comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko
- Stars and constellation of the night sky as viewed from a given location - Virtual Observatory
- Interactive night sky: point the device at the sky to see all objects in their proper place
- Changes in the night sky during night, month and year
- Advanced searching of the objects
- Ecliptic line, grid lines and more
Just point to the sky and know the Indian (Sanskrit) and International name of the star, constellation, planet, star cluster, rashi or nakshatra
Contains all major stars, constellations, planets, rashis and nakshatras
Includes manual mode - Browse the entire sky without going outside
Includes time travel - See the Sky in Past or Future
Also contains Messier Objects, major Nebulae, Galaxies, Star Clusters, etc.
Includes Search - Let the app guide you to the position of the astronomical body of your choice in sky
Other Features - Automatic Location Detection, Night Mode, Meteor Showers, RA/Dec Grid, Zoom, etc.
Contains Gallery - Beautiful photos and Sky positions of major Nebulae, Galaxies, Planets, Star Clusters, Hubble Deep Field, etc.
Includes Indian (Sanskrit) names of all major stars, constellations and star clusters along with their International names.