This is an ad included research based app that helps you to research shark attacks and shark related incidents that have occurred all over the world. We have also published an add free version where a portion of the proceeds generated by the SharkBytes App will go to the conservation of sharks and shark attack research.
By using the Search Your Beach category on the app one can search beaches by country, area, and geographical location to find out where any recorded shark attacks have occurred (via WIFI connection). See detailed information regarding the details of each attack. Our How to Avoid Shark Attacks will give you tips to also decrease your chances of being victim of a shark attack. This app is must have for shark and beach lovers around world.
Other Features include information on over 130 different types of sharks with name, genus, habitat, distinct features, conservation status, images etc., interesting facts about sharks for shark lovers, recent shark attack articles, depopulation of sharks and how to help protect them, and variety of cool shark wallpapers to download to your phone and a sliding shark puzzle game.
We strongly believe that education is answer to improving human and shark relations. Thank you for supporting our cause!!
✓ Universal fits all screens!
✓ Beautiful image collage from Wikipedia! (Where results are available)
✓ A ton of great information!
✓ Make a bookmark of your favorites for easy reference later!
✓ A built-in notepad to keep track of important info and email it!
If you like space or astronomy, you will like this ISS locator app.
ISS Detector will tell you when and where to look for the International Space Station or Iridium flares. You get an alarm a few minutes before a pass. You will never miss a pass of the International Space Station and you will never miss the bright flashes of the iridium communication satellites. ISS Detector will also check if the weather conditions are right. A clear sky is perfect for spotting.
Extensions will enhance the functionality of ISS Detector. With an in-app purchase you can add comets and planets, amateur radio satellites and famous objects, like the Hubble space telescope or the Chinese space station Tiangong.
• Overview of the coming passes
• Weather conditions for perfect sightings
• Radar screen with path indication
• Current location on a map
• Detection of Iridium flares
• Notifications and Alarms
• Share sightings with whatsapp, twitter, gmail, email etc.
• Automatic location and timezone detection
• Dedicated tablet layout
Available Extensions (in-app purchase):
Radio Amateur Satellites
Track dozens of ham and weather satellites
Track Hubble, X-37B, Fitsat, Tiangong and more
Comets and Planets
Track comets as they come closer to earth. Perfect for C/2011 L4 Panstarrs in March 2013 or C/2012 S1 ISON in November 2013.
Enable ISS Detector to display the positions of the planets on the radar view.
ISS Detector combines data from Nasa, Heavens-above.com, minorplanetcenter.net and weather from yr.no.
Jigsaw Puzle with whales and sharks offers:
- Eight fascinating jigsaw puzzles: blue whale, humpback whale, killer whale, sperm whale, dolphin, blue shark, great white shark, and manta (ray-fish).
- A simple and obvious interface makes the app easy for everyone to use.
- Ability to choose between an easy, intermediate and difficult level.
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Italian and Russian.
The depth of the ocean is waiting! Do you dare to visit it?
Wombi creates fun and educational apps for kids in all ages. Check out all our apps on www.wombiapps.com!
With interactive satellite-tracking maps, you can follow the worldwide migration of endangered sea turtles. Read up-to-the-minute sea turtle news, check out the cool turtle stuff section to connect with Sea Turtle Conservancy, and make a difference by donating with just the click of a button.
For more than 50 years, Sea Turtle Conservancy has worked to ensure the survival of sea turtles within the Caribbean, Atlantic and Pacific through research, education, training, advocacy and protection of the natural habitats upon which they depend.
Sea turtles are ancient creatures that evolved to fill very important ecological roles throughout the world’s coastal and marine ecosystems. Once abundant throughout tropical and sub-tropical seas, all seven species are now in serious peril. Faced with unprecedented mortality levels and habitat destruction, over the last century sea turtle numbers have plummeted around the world, for some species by as much as 80%. Each sea turtle species plays a unique and critical role in sustaining the health of different marine and coastal habitats. The decline of sea turtle populations has serious implications for countless marine species and the web of ocean life. Sea Turtle Conservancy works with globally-important sea turtle populations both on nesting beaches and in their marine ecosystems. Through science-based conservation, pioneering education programs and collaborative partnerships, STC is improving the chances of survival for sea turtles, which currently face a one in 1,000 chance of reaching adulthood. STC's programs and projects are geographically diverse with locations in the US, Costa Rica, Panama, Bermuda, Nevis, El Salvador and Puerto Rico. STC's research station in Tortuguero, Costa Rica, is a training ground for young biologists, hosts hands-on volunteers and is a resource for the local ecotourism-based community. In addition, STC targets educators across the world with free online resources, access to expert staff and comprehensive lessons plans developed to make sea turtle education fun and informational. Sea Turtle Conservancy's programs s have yielded much of what is now known about sea turtles and the threats they face, and the organization is applying this knowledge to carry out the world's most successful sea turtle protection and recovery programs.
Special thanks to Mark Clemons www.mclemons.com and David Harty for creating this app.
Satellite sees you every minute.
Check who see you right now!
NASA Science Weather Satellite: NOAA , Weather.
Communications Satellite: Iridium , Amateur Radio.
Navigation Satellite: Galileo , Navy Navigation Satellite System , COSMOS.
Miscellaneous Military Satellite.
Satellite Safari is your tour guide to the universe of satellites that humanity has launched into orbit around our home planet.
The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) writes: "My tests of the app were positive. No crashes, no surprises... A very cool app." Here's the full review:
You can use Satellite Safari to learn more about the International Space Station and many hundreds of other satellites already in orbit. Satellite Safari will tell you where to find them in the sky, when they'll pass overhead, and where they are orbiting over Earth right now.
Satellite Safari can show you the spacecraft that will pass over your location at any given time. You can even get a "bird's eye view" from a satellite itself, and see the Earth from orbit exactly as the satellite sees it!
Satellite Safari updates its satellite orbit data from celestrak.com automatically every day. All satellites include facts and figures computed for your precise GPS location, and updated every second. Many satellites also include descriptions that give you the mission's history, purpose, and more.
Satellite Safari's simple user interface and super high accuracy make it an invaluable tool for exploring the spacecraft in orbit around our home planet. Please feel free to contact us at www.southernstars.com if you have further questions. We hope you enjoy using Satellite Safari!
Download the Virtual Pet Orca today while it's 50% OFF for a very limited time!
+ INTERACTIVE 3D ORCA - The most feared predator of the sea is at your command with ferocious bites, swift swimming, and more!
+ DOZENS OF ACTIVITIES - Hunt down fish for dinner, learn about your orca, and laugh at hilarious ocean jokes!
+ CARE FOR YOUR PET - Look after your pet's well-being by managing four different stats: Hunger, Energy, Health, and Happiness!
+ CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORCA - 8 Different HD orca skins to choose from!
+ BEAUTIFUL UNDERSEA ENVIRONMENT - Behold your orca's gorgeous 3D home in the Great Barrier Reef!
+ HD GRAPHICS - Stunning High Definition graphics look so real you'll fall in love with your new orca at first sight!
Download Virtual Pet Orca and make friends with the apex predator that even has sharks shaking their fins!
Be sure to check out our other awesome Virtual Pets! Snuggle up with the cuddly Virtual Pet Kitty Cat or soar through the skies with the Virtual Pet Eagle!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
Satellite View Pro offers new powerful utilities such as:
- A large number of new satellites to be selected;
- The ability to zoom the image by Google Maps;
- The ability to rotate the image at will by touching the screen;
- See the night side, the view from the sun and the view from the moon;
- Provide several spectacular image sources;
- Set the coordinates manually.
Furthermore, the image is scaled to fit the screen of each device.
Each topic is around 600 words and is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations along with simple text explaining the concept in detail.
This USP of this application is "ultra-portability". Students can access the content on-the-go from anywhere they like.
Basically, each topic is like a detailed flash card and will make the lives of students simpler and easier.
Some of topics Covered in this application are:
1. Satellite Communications Segments
2. Satellite Link Parameters
3. Satellite Orbits
4. Frequency Band Designations
5. Regulatory Process for Satellite Communications
6. Application of satellite
7. Earth station
8. Characteristics of Earth Station
9. Feed System
10. Tracking System
11. Merits and Demerits of the Satellite Communication
12. Low noise amplifier
13. High-Power Amplifier
14. The Composite Link
15. Passive Satellites& Active Satellites
16. Receive-Only Home TV Systems
17. Link System Performance
20. Percent of Time Performance Specifications
21. Master Antenna TV System
22. Transmit-Receive Earth Stations
23. Community Antenna TV System
24. Direct Broadcast Satellite Services
25. MPEG Compression Standards for Digital Television
26. The Home Receiver Outdoor Unit (ODU) of DBS Services
27. Home Receiver Indoor Unit
28. FDM Telephony
29. Frequency Modulation
30. Noise weighting
31. Pre-emphasis and De-emphasis
32. Signal-to-noise ratio for TV/FM
33. Signal-to-Noise Ratio
34. Single-Sideband Telephony
35. S/N and bandwidth for FDM/FM telephony
36. The Telephone Channel
37. Bandwidth Requirements
38. BASEBAND FORMATTING
39. BASEBAND SIGNALS
40. Bit Timing Recovery
41. Carrier Recovery Circuits
42. Digital Carrier Systems
43. Digital modulation
44. Elements of a Digital Communication System
46. Time-Division Multiplexing
47. Transmission rate and bandwidth for PSK modulation
48. Satellite Multiple Access
49. Frequency Division Multiple Access
50. Spade System
52. TDMA Capacity
53. Code Division Multiple Access
54. Satellite Switched TDMA
55. Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum
56. Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum
57. CDMA Processing Gain
58. CDMA Capacity
59. TDMA Frame Structure
60. Bandwidth-Limited and Power-Limited TWT Amplifier Operation
61. Carrier recovery
62. CDMA throughput
63. Comparison of uplink power requirements for FDMA and TDMA
64. Demand-Assigned FDMA
65. Demand-assigned TDMA
66. Digital TASI
67. Downlink analysis for digital transmission
68. Network synchronization
69. On-Board Signal Processing for FDMA/TDM
72. Preassigned FDMA
73. Preassigned TDMA
74. Speech predictive encoded communications (SPEC)
75. Unique word detection
76. Satellite Orbits
77. Orbital Parameters
78. Geostationary Orbit
79. Low Earth Orbit
80. Medium Earth Orbit
81. Highly Elliptical Orbit
82. Geometry of GSO Links
83. Non-Geostationary Orbit (NGSO)
84. Satellite Subsystems
85. Satellite Bus
86. Power Subsystem
87. Attitude Control of Satellite Sub-System
88. Orbital Control of satellite
89. Thermal Control in Satellite
90. Tracking, Telemetry, Command, and Monitoring in satellite
91. Satellite Payload
92. Frequency Translation Transponder
93. On-board Processing Transponder
94. Antenna Subsystem in Satellite Payload
95. Satellite Mobile Services
98. Global Positioning Satellite System (GPS)
100. Broadband Satellite System
103. Military Satellite System
104. U.S. Domsats
105. Transmission Fundamentals
106. Antenna Gain
107. Circular Parabolic Reflector Antenna
108. Antenna Beam width
109. Free-Space Path Loss
110. Basic Link Equation for Received Power
111. System Noise
All topics are not listed because of character limitations set by the Play Store.
Financed by adverts
This version integrates unobtrusive advertisements to make it available for free. Get Heavens-Above Pro to remove the adverts.
Live sky chart
See what's in the sky above you right now or at a given moment.
Get precise predictions for passes of the ISS and most visible satellites.
See when Iridium satellites mirror the sunlight directly towards you, resulting in bright flares.
Get passes for amateur radio satellites, complete with uplink and downlink information.
All calculations performed locally
Predictions are generated right on your phone so you only need a data connection every few days.
Orbit and ground track
See details about the orbit of any selected satellite rendered and with all relevant data.
Get detailed information about any satellite, as provided by our Heavens-Above website.
Get a visual overview over passes and animate the position of satellites on the sky chart and on the ground track.
An optional red on black color scheme to preserve your night vision.
Easily find or identify any object in the sky by orienting your device towards it.
Quickly add interesting passes to your calendar so you won't miss them.
- Android version of http://www.solarsystemscope.com/
- Requires at least 50 MB of free space on card to open correctly
- Languages available: english, spanish, german, russian, italian, korean, slovak
- Heliocentric view with real-time positions of planets and planetary orbits
- Schematic and realistic sizes of the planets and distances between them
- Movement of the planets in time to see how they move in relation to each other - Virtual Orrery
- Planetary exploration with info texts, images and additional views such as structure
- Moons (Galilean moons, Deimos & Phobos, Titan and 15 others)
- Dwarf planets (Pluto, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake. Eris) and their orbits
- Comets (Siding Spring, Lovejoy 2013, Lovejoy 2011, Panstarrs, ISON, Halley, 67P, 209P) - positions and trajectories
- Spacecraft Rosetta and its journey to comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko
- Stars and constellation of the night sky as viewed from a given location - Virtual Observatory
- Interactive night sky: point the device at the sky to see all objects in their proper place
- Changes in the night sky during night, month and year
- Advanced searching of the objects
- Ecliptic line, grid lines and more
Animal sounds - App for kids is a free educational application that helps young children learn the animals and their sound.
It has many difference animals.
Kids can play the game "What animal is it?", which can teach them to recognize the animals and their sounds.
Animal sounds - App for kids will help parents teach the animals as animal zoo, animal farm to their children while having fun at the same time.
Browse through the gallery and click any thumbnail for bigger image.
- Prev/Next buttons.
- Click on the animal to replay name and sound.
- Animal names
- Animal flash cards
- Animal pictures
This game has been primarily designed for toddlers,preschool and kindergarten children but it's equally great for your baby or infant and even for older kids. It is kids toys and gifted education.