Once you own an NFC enabled android phone, you are eligible to use this app.
Able to read the balance offline!
This app will only read the data from the card. It will not modify any data on your card.
Thanks for your support! :)
Sound is emitted by the system, even after you uninstall this app. Android try to show you that no app is suitable to read your card.
FAQ please refer to http://hklight.net/#OctopusBalanceReader
The old version Octopus cannot be read due to Android NFC hardware constraint. The card id of old version Octopus card contains no bracket and 8 digit only.
No cracking or illegal activity are involved during development process. All the reading feature is performed under the mechanism provided by the card system.
Google Nexus S and Samsung Galaxy Nexus are the only two devices that can be bought in Hong Kong and having NFC hardware.
1. Google Nexus S (4.1.1)
2. Samsung Galaxy Nexus
3. Asus Nexus 7
4. Galaxy Galaxy S3
Sony Xperia S(Reported by users)
Galaxy S 2 HK version has no NFC.
Feedback report that the below device can run the app normally.
HTC ONE X
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Sony Xperia Sola
Sony Xperia S
1. Octopus is the trademark of Octopus Holdings Limited.
2. This is not an official app by Octopus Holdings Limited. I will not responsible for any lose or damaged that are caused.
This application is for the devices which is NFC enabled.
This application can ready most of Hong Kong smart payment card, with "( )" in the card number.
To use this application on Samsung devices, please also enable the S Beam.
* 可以記錄消費項目, 沒有數目限制,儲存為Excel CSV檔案 (在SD card\Octo-Balance 文件夾)
1. 如果你未有開啟NFC功能, 請按"NFC 設定"按鈕, 並選取NFC.把八達通儲值卡效置於電話背後,當手機檢測到八達通儲值卡會顯示卡上的餘額.
2. 當顯示卡上的餘額, 按"儲存"按鈕, 輸入消費備忘,再按"儲存"按鈕
3. 假設你已開啟NFC功能, 另一種方法啟動程式是直接把八達通儲值卡效置於電話背後, 選取Octo-Balance app.
2.你的手機手機必須有NFC(近塲通訊)功能,如果你的手機沒有此功能, 會顯不"沒有 NFC 硬件"
TAG：八達通, Octopus, 儲值卡
Support ISO7816-4, Felica compliant e-wallet, It can read account balance and transaction logs from these cards if no read restriction.
So far we've confirmed the following can be read: ShenzhenTong Card (newer version) of Shenzhen, Shanghai Card, Octopus Card of Hongkong, Beijing Municipal Card (newer version), Changan Card of Shaanxi,Xi'an, Wuhan City Smart Card, Quickpass (China UnionPay).
This is a free and opensource software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, Either version 3 of the license, or (at your option) any later version.
Newest version and source code can be found at http://code.google.com/p/nfcard/.
Ever since MTR risen its ticket fee, people start to puzzle which way is cheaper. Octopus or Single Journey Ticket?
Do you know that you can save more money just by choosing the correct way to pay MTR fee?
This little tool is here to help you solve the puzzle.
* More add-on features will be added to this tool. Prepare to save more money, and earn more bonus, which travelling on MTR.
* This app supports both Chinese or English version.
tag: MTR, One-way ticket, Octopus, Fare, Save money,
Hong Kong MTR, Train, Railway, Subway, Traffic,
Ticket, MTR Station, Passenger, Saver, Specials Offer, Preferential, Compare prices
Yun NFC Launcher is an app which let you read and write NFC tag. You can create a task tag, a simple tap to control your phone. Connect your phone to your world, everything becomes simple.
You can use it to do the following things:
- Read Bank card (Quickpass) and transportation card infomation. Note: Not all bus cards can read, such as old Shanghai Transportation card can not be read.
- Make a tag that will connect a phone to your WiFi network. Great for visitors to scan when they arrive!
- Turn off Wifi , turn on Bluetooth, open navigation and start your playlist.
- Make a tag which will let the reader follow the Sina Weibo user you choose.
- Set your ringer to vibrate, dim your display and set an alarm.
- Change your volumes or notification tones.
- Change WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile data settings, place a call, send a SMS, Show a memo, start applications.
- Open URLs, Play Video & music, view image.
We're working on improving the app. If you have any ideas and suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Copyright (c) 2013 Gerald Thaler
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
Get the source at <http://code.google.com/p/octopus-pdf/>
Just touch your smartphone to the N mark on an NFC-compatible Sony device to register (pair) the devices and connect them through Bluetooth (one-touch connection).
For details on smartphones on which the NFC Easy Connect app needs to be installed, check “Compatible smartphones” below.
You do not need to install the NFC Easy Connect app if you are using an NFC-compatible smartphone with Android OS 4.1 or later installed.
- Compatible smartphones
NFC-compatible smartphones with Android 2.3.3 or later (prior to Android 4.1) installed
Some smartphones may already have an app installed with similar functions. In this case, the NFC Easy Connect app is not needed.
See the manual of your smartphone for details.
See the following website for details on NFC-compatible Sony devices.
- Making a one-touch connection with your smartphone
1. Unlock the screen.
2. Touch the NFC detection area of your smartphone that has this app installed to the N mark on an NFC-compatible Sony device.
3. The smartphone vibrates when a connection to the NFC-compatible Sony device is established.
(You do not need to activate the NFC Easy Connect app.)
- Main functions
1. Simple device registration (pairing) and connection by one touch. (NFC Bluetooth Handover)
Touching your smartphone to an NFC-compatible Sony device turns the power of the device on and establishes a Bluetooth connection at the same time.
Even when connecting to an NFC-compatible Sony device for the first time, both device registration and Bluetooth connection can be completed with this one-touch operation.
2. Simple disconnection by one touch.
To disconnect the connection, simply touch the smartphone to the NFC-compatible Sony device.
3. Simple switching of connected devices by one touch.
If you have multiple NFC-compatible Sony devices, just touch the smartphone to a different device to disconnect from the current device and connect to the new one.
For example, if your smartphone is connected with NFC-compatible headphones through a Bluetooth connection and you want to connect to an NFC-compatible speaker instead, just touch the smartphone to the speaker to establish a Bluetooth connection to the speaker.
4. Operation at your fingertips
You can turn the Bluetooth function on and off, and connect or disconnect easily using the app screen.
- Check the following if a connection cannot be established.
1．Make sure the NFC Easy Connect app is activated or the NFC function of your smartphone is turned on.
2．Make sure the screen of your smartphone is unlocked.
3．Depending on the smartphone you are using, it may not be possible to make a one-touch connection while the smartphone is being charged. Finish charging first, then perform the one-touch operation.
4．If the smartphone is in a case, the listening device may not react to one-touch; remove the smartphone from the case first.
* The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Sony Corporation is under license.
* The N mark is a trademark or registered trademark of NFC Forum, Inc. in the United States and in other countries.
OctopusApps Builder is the mobile admin for OctopusApps, the first native app generator and publisher for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, HTML5.
With OctopusApps you can go further and traspass all frontiers. You don't need to be a developer or have a big budget in order to have your own app.
OctopusApps is for those who want to get in the mobile revolution and be in touch with their clients, fans and followers: small and big stores, restaurants, singers, writers, associations, blogers, and so on.
Do you know a better way to be in the hands of your clients fans everyday?
How it works?
1. Download OctopusApps Builder and configure your mobile app: select the modules that allow to be in touch with your clients, fans and followers: Social Networks, Videos, Photos, News, Maps, Contact Info, Bio, Events, Trending Topics and a lot more.
2. Choose a name and an icon for you app.
3. Customize it with your colors and select a category.
4. Lastly, get you app reviewed and published in Google Play, AppStore or Windows Phone Store.
*OctopusApps allows the creation and publication of apps for other systems acceding to the builder tool through its web page.
With the read function, basic information of the tag is returned and details, like NDEF message, and tag data in Hex, of your tag can be obtained. It allows you to better understand your NFC tags. NFC Doctor also tells you if your tag is writable and locked so you can apply your tags for different uses.
The write function allows you to input your message into your tag. You can code your tag with either a URL or plain text. You can write a few words for your friends and family, store information about your dog, or use the tag as a reminder memo to jot things down. Apart from plain text, you can write a URL on your tag to direct people to your webpage or recommend sites to friends.
The third function – clean, is for resetting your tags for reuse. There are two options, you can either format the tag to factory default setting or clear all the data stored.
The multiple functions of NFC Doctor makes using NFC tags a simple and convenient.
Approach a tag and the application will display the available information, such as:
- The manufacturer of the tag (eg NXP, Nokia, IBM)
- The type of tag (eg: MIFARE Ultralight, Ultralight C, DESFire, NTAG203)
- The standard (eg: NFC Forum Type 2)
- The available technology (Android class)
- Serial number (eg: 04:85: c8: 5a: 40:2 b: 80)
- The size of the tag and data
- If writing is possible and if the tag can be configure read-only
- All records present on the tag format NDEF
You can also write data on your NFC tags such as :
- Save a text
- Register a link
- Post a link to an application
- Save a mail
- Save a contact
- Save a phone number
- Save sms
- Save GPS location
- Save address
- Configure bluetooth connection
- Save custom data
And you can set this following tasks :
- Enable / Disable / Toggle WIFI
- Enable / Disable / Toggle WIFI Hotspot
- Enable / Disable / Toggle Bluetooth
- Enable / Disable / Toggle Mobile data
- Configuring sound profile : Mute / Vibrate / Normal
- Set brightness
- Set volume for ringtones and notifications
- Set volume for media
- Set volume for alarms
- Set alarm
- Set timer
- Launch a app
- Launch URL / URI
- Configure a WIFI network
- More tasks will be available soon !
You can write a lot of information on your tag.
Other operations is available, such as copying or erasing of NFC tag.
NFC Tools has been tested on an LG Nexus 4.
If you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact me.
If you don't have NFC Tags, you can buy high quality and super durable NFC tags here : http://www.whiztags.com/shop/
- Requires an NFC-enabled device.
- Application's rights is limited to the use of NFC.
- Mifare Classic tags are not compatible, but they will soon.
- Tasks require this additional free application : http://getapp.nfctasks.wakdev.com/
- If you like NFC Tools, you can buy me a coffee: http://getapp.donate.wakdev.com/
- And if you want buy me more coffee, visit : http://donate.wakdev.com/
IMEI / MEID / ESN
SIM Card Serial Number
Wifi MAC Address
Ethernet MAC Address
Bluetooth MAC Address
Local IP Address
SIM Card Country ISO
SIM Card Operator Code
SIM Card Operator Name
SIM Card State
Voice Mail Text ID
Voice Mail Number
Network Country ISO
Network Operator Code
Network Operator Name
User can copy and share whichever information they want to check and required for personal use.
This is adware version and requires INTERNET permission. Your information will be safe in this app.
As there are too many android devices available today, it might not work perfectly on everyone's device, but we are working hard to get it working on most of the devices. If you have any problem on your device contact us and we will try to fix your problem in the next version.
Are you interested to see which technology is driving the contactless cards in your hand?
Do you want to look behind the scenes and explore which NFC-enabled items you and your friends have? Right here you can find the answer. Scan it using TagInfo.
TagInfo is the second application provided to you by NXP Semiconductors that utilizes the Near Field Communication technology. NXP Semiconductors is the co-inventor of NFC and we do not only provide services to professionals but we like to provide utilities and apps for the masses as well. We are keen to help you explore NFC features of your devices and to make you enjoy the technology.
- Value checker function for a selected range of public transport systems
- Identify applications contained on cards and tags
- Identify IC types and IC manufacturer
- Extract and analyze NFC data sets (NDEF messages)
- Read out and display the complete tag memory layout
- Supports for all kind of NFC Forum record types (let us know if you find anything missing)
- Explore details around contactless cards, tags and NFC-enabled item in general
- Help mobile developers to detect configuration errors on contactless cards
- Provide an easy and cost effective analysis of contactless card
- Wide range of UI and application configurations
- Creation and sharing of analysis reports
The TagInfo application allows you to browse the content of public transport and payment cards that are based on a contactless technology compatible with NFC in your device.
Some of these applications supported are:
- CLIPPER, all-in-one transit card, San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
- Kiev Metro, Kiev, Ukraine
- ORCA, one regional card for all, Puget Sound region, WA, USA
- OV-chipkaart, openbaar vervoer chipkaart (public transport chip card), The Netherlands
- Oyster, electronic ticketing, Greater London area, United Kingdom (some cards don’t support public access)
- Myki, Victoria, Australia
- Moscow Metro, Moscow, Russia
- Nol Silver and Gold Card, Dubai, UAE
- Octopus, Hong Kong, China
- Suica, Super Urban Intelligent Card, Japan
- T:kort, Kolumbuskort, NSB-kort, Ruter Reisekortet, Norway
…and more. We are continuously working to enable more card schemes when application owners and system provider provide information on how to access content on their contactless cards.
In addition to its use as value checker TagInfo will identify many additional applications like
- Electronic Identity Documents
- ExpressPay, contactless payment card, American Express
- PayPass, contactless payment card, MasterCard
- payWave, contactless payment card, Visa
- Zip, contactless payment card, Discover Network
…and many more.
Please note that based on the contained security mechanisms of such applications no access to the actual contained data is provided by our application.
On top of the consumer focused functions it explores the full details of openly accessible information on contactless cards, tags and NFC-enabled items. It lists information like
- IC manufacturer
- IC type
- Card OS (if present)
- NFC data sets (NDEF messages)
- IC memory size, IC configuration
- Technologies and standards supported
In addition to the above it supports the full content browsing and analysis of all four NFC Forum Tag Types, all MIFARE based systems, all NTAG based systems and all ICODE based systems. Its support is not limited to products of NXP Semiconductors but actually covers a very wide range of the most deployed products and systems using NFC-enabled and compatible contactless technologies all around the world.
The full coverage and ease of use makes an NFC-enabled device to become a powerful handheld analyzer for hobbyists exploring the capabilities of NFC-enabled items and compatible devices as well as for professionals helping them to identify configuration problems and data formatting issues.