The Mpression Odyssey app is designed control the Mpression Odyssey Max10 FPGA Evaluation Kit or the Mpression Odyssey Bluetooth SMART Sensor Kit. The app connects to the kit via Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (also known as Bluetooth Smart, BLE, or Bluetooth Light). Ideal for quick proof-of-concept Bluetooth Smart designs or initial design development.
The app allows you to:
- View BLE devices in range
- Select and connect to an Odyssey device
- List and select from a list of “personalities” or reference designs loaded on the device
- Control the loaded personality (functions like controlling the FPGA, reading temperature/humidity, measuring pulse rate, etc.)
- In conjunction with the web utility, users can also create their own “personalities” and create and modify the control pages without writing a line of code
In conjunction with the web utility, users can create new “personalities” that can be uploaded to their Odyssey device. This includes a control page that can be edited with:
- Custom description, instructions, and even link to an external web page for more details
- Customized control buttons that run a series of serial (I2C compatible) commands to read and write data from the phone to the app, or control special functions such as heart rate monitor
- Create custom entry and return fields for sensor or control data, with custom units, etc.
- Run background commands to periodically return data (sensor readings, etc.)
- Display indicators that light when data falls into a certain window (e.g. temperature exceeds programmed value)
Advanced users can also customize their Odyssey device and still use the app to control it. This allows device development without having to write a custom app, but provides more functionality than relying on some of the development apps that just let you read and write GATT values. Sensors can be added, a custom FPGA can be programmed (and controlled), and even the code running in the Bluetooth module can be customized.
To purchase or get more information on the Odyssey kits that this app pairs with go to: http://www.m-pression.com/solutions/boards/odyssey
The web utility associated with this app can be found here: https://odyssey.m-pression.com/