Outdoor enthusiasts can now experience nature like never before with this official mobile guide powered by Pocket Ranger® technology. This all-inclusive app offers an environmentally friendly way to explore the parks. Users can decide which park to visit using a comprehensive list of activities or search for nearby parks or parks within a particular region. Advanced GPS and GIS Mapping technology invites users to track trails, mark waypoints, and locate landmarks in the great outdoors, while interactive features help guide them through the parks.
Park goers can access rich GPS features, such as:
• Advanced GPS Maps with State Park Geographic Information Systems (GIS), which allow users to access trail data, record tracks from hikes, runs, or bike rides, and view elapsed time and distance traveled.
• Easy-to-cache GPS Terrain Map tiles, which ensure that navigation remains possible in the event of lost mobile reception.
• Photo waypoint feature allowing users to snap a photo and mark and record the coordinates of plant life, animal species or landscape views. Post or share these remarkable finds with family and friends with the click of a button.
• Friend Finder feature that allows users to keep track of friends and family around the parks.
• Built-in compass to help direct users through the parks.
• Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies users’ GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.
Pocket Ranger® technology also provides plenty of other standard features that make exploring the great outdoors a breeze, including:
• Thorough information on all State Parks including general policy, contact information, activities, trails, park maps and much more.
• Detailed, cacheable maps of park facilities, trails and campgrounds.
• Up-to-date news and information on park advisories and weather information.
• Sharing features that allow users to share current positions, waypoints and recorded tracks via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
• A Calendar of Events, updated in real time, listing all State Park events with the ability to filter by desired park. Users can also create their own schedule that can include any event from any park.
• Online reservations that make it easy to secure overnight visits.
• Plus so much more!
• SECURITY ASSURANCE: THE POCKET RANGER® PLATFORM DOES NOT AND CANNOT MINE FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION, PHOTOS OR CONTACTS.
With the Pocket Ranger® in hand, prepare to bask in the vast natural wonders of North Carolina State Parks!
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/pocketranger
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/pocketranger
• The enhanced pro features on the app are designed to function in areas with little to no mobile reception; however, some of the features require mobile data reception in order to function properly.
• Obviously, if you choose to call, text or email through the application, you understand that you are responsible to your service provider for any charges that may apply to communications sent from your device. POCKET RANGER DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO OR CONTROL OF THESE COMMUNICATIONS.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
BurlApp makes it easy to play like a local. Discover Burlington restaurants, bars, shopping, attractions, outdoor recreation, the arts and more — direct from the insiders who publish Seven Days, Vermont's largest independent newsweekly.
BurlApp is a homegrown guide complete with event calendars, news headlines, videos and weather. You can even look up jobs and apartments under the News tab.
BurlApp's City tab includes local listings with:
• Addresses, hours and photos
• One-touch dialing for reservations and more
• Google Mapping
• Web links
• Sharing options for Facebook and Twitter
See something you like?
Save the location to your "Wishlist" and start building your itinerary.
Tap the tab and browse all the great places just steps away from your current location.
BurlApp is powered by Route 802 and Seven Days.
How hard is this hike? How much longer til the end? Where is the nearest restroom?
• Track your progress on hiking and ATV trails in National Parks and Forests
• Locate nearby restrooms, campgrounds, trailheads, shuttle stops and much more
• No Internet connection required
For a low price per park or forest, Digital Ranger offers the ultimate on-site companion for visitors.
Additional features include:
• Learn about the plants and wildlife near you
• High quality proprietary contour maps
• Safety and general visitor information
More from developer
"Oh, Ranger! is your virtual guide to the outdoors — you fire up the app, plug in your location and either see which parks are near you or find an activity you want to do to filter out the parks that let you do it. It's awesome." - Gizmodo
"After you enter your Zip code or city and select an activity — bird watching, say, or boating — this app will direct you to nearby national parks, state parks, or national forests that suit your needs. The app, which works on iPads and iPhones, also provides directions, weather, and lodging suggestions."
- Inc. Magazine
"The Free Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder™ App Offers Treasure Trove of Park Information!" - OutdoorUSA magazine
Find the parks nearest you with the activities you want to do. Our team of writers and editors has spent years compiling, refining and, most importantly, curating a comprehensive database of every national park, state park and federal public land in America. Each location is cross-referenced with information about available activities, so you can search for the park nearest you with your favorite activities. We’re the same team that publishes the little green Oh, Ranger!® guides to national parks and public lands that are read by 20+ million park-lovers each year.
Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder includes:
• Park Overview for Every National Park, State Park and Federal Public Land in America
• Activities Descriptions
• Maps & Directions
• Important Phone Numbers
• Lodging & Concession Information
• Non-Profit Partners
• Links to Events and Related Websites
• Related Articles
• Nearby Attractions
Choose from 20 different activity categories to find the right place for you and your friends and family. You can quickly toggle back and forth to find locations that have any or all of the following activities:
• Auto Touring
• Bird Watching
• Historic & Cultural Touring
• Horseback Riding
• Off Highway (OHV) Use
• Water Sports
• Wildlife Watching
• Winter Sports
Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder contains an exclusive database with information on thousands of different types of public lands, including:
• National Parks
• State Parks
• National Forests
• Wildlife Refuges
• Bureau of Land Management (BLM) sites
• US Army Corps of Engineers recreation areas
• and many more public lands…
Through the generous support of Ford Explorer, we’re able to provide this rich database of information absolutely free. In addition, this app will directly benefit four national non-profit organizations focused on sustainability: Boy Scouts of America, National Wildlife Federation, Outdoor Nation, and the Student Conservation Association. Please download the app and send us your feedback. Tell all your friends to try it too. By downloading Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder, you’re reinforcing the important role public lands play in our lives and helping to support important conservation efforts.