AUDIO EFFECTS: Always dreamed of playing more podcasts, but don't have time? Use our silence removal feature to dynamically speed up podcasts. Podcasters talking too softly? Give them a (volume) boost!
AUTO DOWNLOAD: Pick any podcast you like, set it to auto-download while you sleep. Save your cell data for when it matters.
UP NEXT: Quickly see what's coming up next, and re-arrange episodes to your liking.
SYNC & BACKUP: Sync your subscriptions, playback and filters between Android and iOS devices, and backup your data to the cloud. You can now drop your phone in a toilet and not lose your podcasts. We dare you.
FILTERS: Want a list of every unplayed, downloaded podcast? Right here. How about a list of video episodes that you haven’t downloaded yet? Easy. Sorting your shows by custom categories? Done.
CHROMECAST: Cast your episodes straight to your TV with a single tap.
STORAGE: Set your episode storage location and how many episodes of a podcast you want to keep. We’ll clean up the rest. News mode added for the contemporaries among us.
VARIABLE SPEED: Play audio all the way from 0.5x to 3.0x, no dodgy plugins to download, no fuss, just pure unadulterated speed.
MATERIAL DESIGN: We work day (and sometimes even night) so that your podcast app always feels up to date and modern. Come to the promised land: where subtle animations, vivid colors and a well designed app meet at last.
VIDEO & AUDIO: Pocket Casts lets you toggle video podcasts to audio and back again for when you’re on the move.
CONTROL: Control your podcasts from the widget, notification center, lock screen, headphones, Bluetooth, Android Wear and even Pebble with custom skip intervals.
SLEEP TIMER: Fall asleep to your favorite boring podcasts.
THEMES: Dark and light themes, to suit your location and mood.
REFRESH: Instantly refresh all your podcasts before other apps even have a chance to do 1! Our server monitors your podcasts, so your phone doesn't have to.
OPML: Import or export your subscriptions easily to and from our app.
TABLET SUPPORT: It’s an equal opportunity app, with support for both phones and tablets.
SHARING: Share your favorite podcasts, episodes and positions in episodes. Sharing is caring.
DISCOVER: Find great new content with curated featured podcasts, currently trending podcasts, networks and much more.
SUPPORT: Provided via email, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Heck we occasionally even log in to Reddit to say hello. We also have a rocking User Guide for those that prefer a little hand-holding.
There are many more powerful, straight forward features help you make Pocket Casts yours and in case you were wondering, here’s what Pocket Casts DOESN’T have: ads, episode limits, pushy trials, feature bloat or plugins.
It. Just. Works.
Pocket is your perfect mobile companion for commutes, travel, or curling up on your couch.
★ Webby Award for Best Productivity App and Best User Experience 2014 ★
• Unlimited storage to keep all the articles and videos you save in one place.
• 3 full-screen reading modes for Day and Night.
• Save data with wi-fi only syncing.
• Organize easily with powerful search and tagging.
• Works with your favorite apps and sites like Twitter, Flipboard, Feedly and more.
• Easily share anything from Pocket to Evernote, Twitter, Facebook or a Friend.
• Desktop Browser extensions for Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer lets you save anything from your Desktop to your Phone and Tablet in a one click. Available at http://getpocket.com/welcome
Learn more about us at http://www.getpocket.com/
Questions about requested permissions? See http://getpocket.com/permissions
* A non-stop, daily stream of all the latest posts from Engadget, better optimized for phones and tablets.
* See Engadget's features, reviews, unboxings, and hands-on coverage as it happens
* Check out Engadget videos and photo galleries of the latest news and gadgets
* Share Engadget content via any app on your device that supports sharing
* Engadget Podcast now supports background playback
* Use the in-app option to tip Engadget on breaking news or provide us with feedback on the app
* Save Engadget articles to keep all your favorite posts in one place
* Widget and Daydream support keep you constantly updated
* Intuitive and clear interface
Millions of people use feedly every day on their Android phones and tablets to connect to the blogs and news sites that matter to them. From tech to business to design to cooking to fashion, feedly helps you discover new Youtube channels, blogs or news sites you can add to your feedly and easily read in one place.
Because it is powered by RSS, feedly is an open system: you can add any RSS feed to your feedly and easily read the content of your favorite feeds on the go. Just enter the URL of a feed in the search bar.
Feedly integrates seamlessly with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest and LinkedIn so that you can easily share the stories you read in your feedly with your friends and colleagues.
We believe in speed and simplicity. We spent a lot of time making sure that feedly is the best reader available on Android phones and tablets. The app loads fast and offer a simple and clean reading experience which will make your eyes happy.
The best way to start is to search of a blog and youtube channel you read regularly and add it to your feedly.
If you are looking for inspiration, you can open the search panel and browse some of our popular topics and discover the best blogs for tech, business, marketing, entrepreneurship, design, cooking, photography and more.
Your mission is to deliver in one place all the knowledge and inspiration you need to keep ahead.
[We are firstname.lastname@example.org and @feedly if you need support or want to report a bug]
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
The official app for the No. 1 community that writes about Android™ — AndroidCentral.com! This is your home to the latest news, reviews, opinions, editorial, podcasts — everything you need from the most trusted source for all things Android. Here's the deal:
★ The latest from the blog. That means news, reviews, editorials - everything you can get from AndroidCentral.com, we've go it it here as well.
★ Widgets for the home screen and lock screen.
★ Comment on stories. We know you have an opinion. We know you like to point out typos. Now you can do it easily from our app.
★ Tip us to news stories. Get a spy shot of an unreleased phone? Have a story you think we need to see? Send it straight to us from the app.
★ Full access to the Android Central Forums. This is *the* best place to get fast and friendly help with your Android smartphone, or to discuss the latest news and rumors.
★ Videos: Watch every video we've ever uploaded to YouTube. In fact, watch them twice.
★ Podcasts: Listen to every episode of the Android Central Podcast right in our app!
★ Wallpapers: You've got full access to our user-submitted wallpaper gallery. Download your favorite directly to your phone!
★ Shop for accessories: We've teamed up with ShopAndroid.com to make it easier than ever to pick up the latest charger, cable, dock, headset - whatever you need to make the most of your smartphone.
★ Mobile Nations Passport: You can sign in with your Mobile Nations Passport account to leave comments or to post in the forums. And we're working hard on making this even easier in future versions. Hang tight!
WHAT'S (STILL) IN THE WORKS
★ Improved tablet design.
APP PERMISSIONS IN PLAIN ENGLISH
Here's why this app asks permission for certain things, in plain English:
★ Modify of delete the contents of your USB storage: This is for storing the images and little thumbnails in the app, so that it doesn't have to download them each and every time. That'd be bad.
★ Full network access: Everything we do comes from the Internet. Therefore, this app needs access to the Internet.
★ Set wallpaper: Used by, interestingly enough, our wallpaper gallery. Want to download and use a wallpaper from our gallery? You have to have this permission.
★ Test access to protected storage: It's possible for USB storage (see the first bullet point here) to be protected. This tests for that and declares that it's testing for that.
★ Access Network State (added July 2013): We've added Quantcast and Flurry analytics. We've used Quantcast on the traditional web side of things forever (http://www.quantcast.com/androidcentral.com) as sort of a transparent look at traffic. Flurry gives us an anonymous look at how and where our app is being used, and it'll help us make the app better. More than 300,000 apps use Flurry analytics. You can find out more at http://www.flurry.com/flurry-analytics.html.
Did you really read this far? Good for you. You rock. Thanks for downloading this app. And stay tuned for the next version, which will be even better than this one. Namaste.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Specially crafted for tablets and phones, this app brings you breaking news and full access to the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you’re offline, and save content for as long as you like.
⚫ Stay up to date with live news and sport
⚫ Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for Android tablets and phones
⚫ Read offline
⚫ Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
⚫ Stay informed with breaking news alerts
⚫ Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
⚫ Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries - with stunning high-resolution images
⚫ Save any content you want to keep
⚫ Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
⚫ Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
⚫ Upgrade to the premium tier for our crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and is processed by Google Play.
Location: users can choose to include their location when contributing to our stories via GuardianWitness. As such, we request the ‘Precise location’ app permission. Including this is optional when contributing.
⚫ Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
You can expect excellent up to date coverage on the following topics:
✓ Software updates
✓ New Android apps & games
✓ Android news
✓ Android tips & tricks
✓ Android accessories
✓ Android wallpapers
✓ Android themes
✓ Android widgets
✓ Android tools
✓ Android manuals and guides
✓ Android how tos
✓ Firmware updates
We cover all the latest and most popular Android phones & tablets including some of these popular devices:
* Samsung Galaxy S4
* Samsung Galaxy S5
* Samsung Galaxy Note 3
* HTC One
* HTC One (M8)
* Nexus 5
* Nexus 7
* Nexus 10
* Sony Xperia Z1
* Sony Xperia Z2
* LG G2
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
The Independent Android app presents our latest content in a clear and informative layout, making it simple to navigate, read and share the latest stories, whether or not you are connected to the internet.
The following features are all in the FREE area of the app:
● Latest news, comment, features and sport: Updated throughout the day to ensure you can easily follow breaking stories
● Videos: Our new video gallery provides clips of the latest news and viral videos
● Puzzles: Tackle your favourite crosswords, sudokus and codewords directly in the app
● Weather: Up-to-date forecasts for the whole of the UK
● Social: Share your favourite stories with your social network
In the premium area of the app:
● E-editions: For a small subscription fee (below), read the pages of the latest edition of the newspaper, plus a 30-day archive, including every supplement, exactly as they were printed.
One-month subscription at ￡13
One-year subscription at ￡150
Subscription payments will be charged to your Google Play account. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings, allowing them to be turned off.
The Irish Independent News app brings you quick, free, up-to-date access to Breaking News, as well as coverage from News, Sport, Business, Life, Style, Entertainment, Technology and all the other informative sections from Independent.ie
View articles and video/multimedia content from our award-winning team of journalists and photographers, and find the stories that matter to you via the navigation menus.
You can also personalise your reading experience by creating your own favourites menu, plus share and engage socially via Facebook, Twitter and other apps via the built-in tools.
● Access all Independent.ie content and sections
● Quickly view the latest news headlines
● Easy-to-use, simple design and improved navigation
● Support for all our video content
● Full-screen image galleries
● Improved multimedia support - including live blogs
● Setup quick and easy access to your favourite sections
A quick note. Due to enhanced multimedia content now available in the app, we recommend closing other apps to get the best possible performance.
Enjoying the Irish Independent News app? Please support our app by leaving a review on the Google Play Store.
This app requires Android versions 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or above.
If you’re having issues or problems, please email us on email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help.
i is your essential daily briefing from The Independent. Your brand new, easy-to-use app includes:
- The News Matrix: All the stories you need to know, at a quick glance
- IQ: Be in the know with all the latest in arts, music and fashion
- Enjoy weekend supplements from The Independent and the Evening Standard, including Traveller, Radar and ES Mag
- Puzzles: Tackle your favourite crosswords, sudokus and codewords directly in the app
- Weather-i: Today’s weather plus your five-day outlook
This is a free app download. Within the app users can purchase a subscription including a free trial.
Subscriptions start from the latest issue. A subscription is required to download an issue, however you can view a preview of the issues before subscribing.
Available subscriptions are:
1 month: £5.99
12 months: £59.99
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through Google Play Account settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
Users can register for/ login to an i Newspaper account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing i Newspaper users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area.
Hubbl gives you personalised suggestions based on the applications you already have.
Want to tap your phone’s fullest potential? Join our users to get the latest in
· Android news
· Get the latest Software and Firmware upgrades
· Android Apps and game releases
· App recommendations based on your search history and interests
· Games tips, tricks and strategies
· Comprehensive app reviews
· Android manuals, guides and walkthroughs
· The latest tools and widgets
· Get amazing android themes, accessories and wallpapers
Make the best of your Android experience with Hubbl. Learn of apps and games you never knew existed.
You’ll be surprised at just how much your phone can do.
One app, a million new things; It’s time to Hubbl!
Unrivaled in scope and tone, OMG! Ubuntu! is a leading voice in the Linux community.
With OMG! Ubuntu! for Android you'll get the same great content from our site - but on the go, when you want it.
* Push notifications of new articles
* Star your favorite articles to read later
* Offline reading
* Unread-only view
* Browse by categories
* Homescreen, Lockscreen & Dashclock widgets
Visit us at http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk, on Twitter (@omgubuntu), or Google+ at http://google.com/+omgubuntu
Application designed by Joey-Elijah Sneddon and built by Sam Tran.