Google Play Editors’ Choice March 2014
"Pocket Casts is a Gorgeous Cross-Platform Mobile Podcast Manager" - Lifehacker
“It looks great, and is near perfect" - Beautiful Pixels
"We've been using v4.5 for a little while now, and it's a damned fine upgrade, and well worth the $3.99 if you've been waiting to give it a shot" - Android Central
AUTO DOWNLOAD: Pick any podcast you like, set it to auto-download while you sleep. Save your cell data for when it matters.
SYNC & BACKUP: Sync your subscriptions, playback and filters between Android and iOS devices, and backup your data to the cloud. You can now drop your phone in a toilet and not lose your podcasts. We dare you.
FILTERS: Want a list of every unplayed, downloaded podcast? Right here. How about a list of video episodes that you haven’t downloaded yet? Easy. Sorting your shows by custom categories? Done.
CHROMECAST: Cast your episodes straight to your TV with a single tap.
STORAGE: Set your episode storage location and how many episodes of a podcast you want to keep. We’ll clean up the rest. News mode added for the contemporaries among us.
VARIABLE SPEED: Play audio all the way from 0.5x to 3.0x, no dodgy plugins to download, no fuss, just pure unadulterated speed.
DESIGN: We've kept a close eye on the Android design guidelines while making your podcasts the focus.
VIDEO & AUDIO: Pocket Casts lets you toggle video podcasts to audio and back again for when you’re on the move.
CONTROL: Control your podcasts from the widget, notification center, lock screen, headphones, Bluetooth, Android Wear and even Pebble with custom skip intervals.
SLEEP TIMER: Fall asleep to your favorite boring podcasts.
THEMES: Dark and light themes, to suit your location and mood.
REFRESH: Instantly refresh all your podcasts before other apps even have a chance to do 1! Our server monitors your podcasts, so your phone doesn't have to.
OPML: Import or export your subscriptions easily to and from our app.
TABLET SUPPORT: It’s an equal opportunity app, with support for both phones and tablets.
SHARING: Share your favorite podcasts, episodes and positions in episodes. Sharing is caring.
DISCOVER: Find great new content with curated featured podcasts, currently trending podcasts, networks and much more.
SUPPORT: Provided via email, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Heck we occasionally even log in to Reddit to say hello. We also have a rocking User Guide for those that prefer a little hand-holding.
There are many more powerful, straight forward features help you make Pocket Casts yours and in case you were wondering, here’s what Pocket Casts DOESN’T have: ads, episode limits, pushy trials, feature bloat or plugins.
It. Just. Works.
Thank you for being a part of our growing community. We hope you all enjoy what we have to offer: the latest and greatest Android has to offer, helpful tips, and the most wonderful community on the Internet!
Check us out on the web @ http://omgdroid.com
Over 10 million people use Pocket to easily save articles, videos, and other web content for later. With Pocket, all your items go to one place, so you can view, organize and share them anytime, on any device, even offline.
Don’t lose track of the interesting things you find by emailing yourself links, keeping a long list of bookmarks, or simply letting tabs pile up in your browser for later. Just save them to Pocket, and they’ll be ready whenever you are.
WHAT CAN I SAVE FOR LATER?
Save articles, news stories, blog posts, videos, recipes, and any web links that you find online or from your favorite apps.
If it’s in Pocket, it’s seamlessly synced across your phone, tablet, and computer. Perfect for commutes, travel, or curling up on your couch.
BETTER VIEWING EXPERIENCE
Read articles and watch videos in a beautiful easy-to-view layout that improves the viewing experience of any page.
Pocket even works when you’re offline. Access links and articles you’ve saved even without an Internet connection. You can also set Pocket to only download when connected to Wi-Fi to reduce data usage.
Archive or Favorite links you’ve read or watched. Add Tags to organize related content into topics or categories and stay in sync across all your devices.
USE WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND SITES
Whether you’re browsing online or on-the-go with apps like Flipboard and Feedly, Pocket lets you save great content wherever you find it. You can save for later with a single click from any share menu on your phone or your computer using our Browser Extensions or bookmarklets for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. After you’re done reading or watching, send the articles and videos you enjoyed to another friend’s Pocket, or share to Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, or email.
Save as many articles, videos and links as you want. Pocket will highlight the best and most relevant items in your list, organized by topic, source, and length, so that you can always find something interesting to read or watch.
Upgrade anytime to Premium for a more powerful Pocket experience. Pocket Premium unlocks a permanent library for the articles and webpages you save; gives you full-text, topic, tag, and author search to help you find exactly what you’re looking for; and delivers suggested tags that take the work out of organizing your list.
Learn more about us at http://www.getpocket.com/.
Questions about requested permissions? See http://getpocket.com/permissions
Pocket is compatible with all Android devices running Android 2.3+.
* A non-stop, daily stream of all the latest posts from Engadget, better optimized for phones and tablets.
* See Engadget's features, reviews, unboxings, and hands-on coverage as it happens
* Check out Engadget videos and photo galleries of the latest news and gadgets
* Share Engadget content via any app on your device that supports sharing
* Engadget Podcast now supports background playback
* Use the in-app option to tip Engadget on breaking news or provide us with feedback on the app
* Save Engadget articles to keep all your favorite posts in one place
* Widget and Daydream support keep you constantly updated
* Intuitive and clear interface
Millions of people use feedly every day on their Android phones and tablets to connect to the blogs and news sites that matter to them. From tech to business to design to cooking to fashion, feedly helps you discover new Youtube channels, blogs or news sites you can add to your feedly and easily read in one place.
Because it is powered by RSS, feedly is an open system: you can add any RSS feed to your feedly and easily read the content of your favorite feeds on the go. Just enter the URL of a feed in the search bar.
Feedly integrates seamlessly with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest and LinkedIn so that you can easily share the stories you read in your feedly with your friends and colleagues.
We believe in speed and simplicity. We spent a lot of time making sure that feedly is the best reader available on Android phones and tablets. The app loads fast and offer a simple and clean reading experience which will make your eyes happy.
The best way to start is to search of a blog and youtube channel you read regularly and add it to your feedly.
If you are looking for inspiration, you can open the search panel and browse some of our popular topics and discover the best blogs for tech, business, marketing, entrepreneurship, design, cooking, photography and more.
Your mission is to deliver in one place all the knowledge and inspiration you need to keep ahead.
[We are email@example.com and @feedly if you need support or want to report a bug]
-Stay up to date with the latest articles from OMG! Ubuntu!
-Share articles via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Email and more
-Use swiping gestures to change articles
-Cache the articles for offline reading
-Gallery-style article viewing mode
-Filter articles into "latest" and "unread" mode
-Mark "Star" on your favorite articles
★ The latest from the blog. That means news, reviews, editorials - everything you can get from AndroidCentral.com, we've go it it here as well.
★ Widgets for the home screen and lock screen.
★ Comment on stories. We know you have an opinion. We know you like to point out typos. Now you can do it easily from our app.
★ Tip us to news stories. Get a spy shot of an unreleased phone? Have a story you think we need to see? Send it straight to us from the app.
★ Full access to the Android Central Forums. This is *the* best place to get fast and friendly help with your Android smartphone, or to discuss the latest news and rumors.
★ Videos: Watch every video we've ever uploaded to YouTube. In fact, watch them twice.
★ Podcasts: Listen to every episode of the Android Central Podcast right in our app!
★ Wallpapers: You've got full access to our user-submitted wallpaper gallery. Download your favorite directly to your phone!
★ Shop for accessories: We've teamed up with ShopAndroid.com to make it easier than ever to pick up the latest charger, cable, dock, headset - whatever you need to make the most of your smartphone.
★ Mobile Nations Passport: You can sign in with your Mobile Nations Passport account to leave comments or to post in the forums. And we're working hard on making this even easier in future versions. Hang tight!
WHAT'S (STILL) IN THE WORKS
★ Improved tablet design.
APP PERMISSIONS IN PLAIN ENGLISH
Here's why this app asks permission for certain things, in plain English:
★ Modify of delete the contents of your USB storage: This is for storing the images and little thumbnails in the app, so that it doesn't have to download them each and every time. That'd be bad.
★ Full network access: Everything we do comes from the Internet. Therefore, this app needs access to the Internet.
★ Set wallpaper: Used by, interestingly enough, our wallpaper gallery. Want to download and use a wallpaper from our gallery? You have to have this permission.
★ Test access to protected storage: It's possible for USB storage (see the first bullet point here) to be protected. This tests for that and declares that it's testing for that.
★ Access Network State (added July 2013): We've added Quantcast and Flurry analytics. We've used Quantcast on the traditional web side of things forever (http://www.quantcast.com/androidcentral.com) as sort of a transparent look at traffic. Flurry gives us an anonymous look at how and where our app is being used, and it'll help us make the app better. More than 300,000 apps use Flurry analytics. You can find out more at http://www.flurry.com/flurry-analytics.html.
Did you really read this far? Good for you. You rock. Thanks for downloading this app. And stay tuned for the next version, which will be even better than this one. Namaste.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: You can save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: Learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: The app allows you to seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: Swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: Data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
Why You’ll Love It
- The news and analysis you need delivered, so you don’t have to find them
- Articles curated for you, based on your interests and your connections
- Simple reading and navigation designed for busy professionals
- Easily like, share and comment on topics you’re interested in
Why use Pulse?
- Easily read articles from trusted news sources and business publications like Harvard Business Review, New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Time, Entrepreneur, Forbes, and Business Insider.
- Discover breaking professional news headlines and personalized content delivered daily.
- Share with your favorite networks like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, YouTube, Flickr, and Tumblr.
- Follow LinkedIn Influencers like Bill Gates, Jack Welch, Deepak Chopra, Arianna Huffington and Guy Kawasaki as well as channels like Leadership & Management, Technology, Business, Big Ideas and Innovation, and Your Career to personalize the news you’ll receive
- Read the latest industry news and analysis to stay informed and get ready for your workday and career.
Great storytelling and rigorous reporting that informs, engages, inspires and surprises—from the ends of the earth to your own city or town—available to you whenever, wherever.
It’s public radio made personal.
*A handcrafted experience.*
NPR One starts with the latest headlines then moves to a flow of stories that matter—stories that increase your understanding, create connections, enrich your life and enliven your mind. All thoughtfully curated by hand, every day.
*You’re in control. Or not.*
Just pop in your ear buds, tap your phone and NPR One starts flowing. But now if you want to pause, skip ahead, rewind or share a story with friends, you can do that too. All from a simple app.
*Personal, not prescriptive.*
Though your stream is personalized to deliver the stories you want, you’ll still hear the top news of the day and stories you had no idea would captivate you. Journey around the globe and into the most interesting corners of your community—serendipity making your world bigger and smaller at the same time.
Even with the breadth of public radio at your fingertips, you won’t lose touch at home. Local news is woven seamlessly into your listening experience. Local stories, locally reported, are delivered daily. Community is everything.
- A personalized stream of NPR and local station news and stories
- Skip, rewind, pause and share
- Search for your favorite shows, stations and podcasts
- International, national, regional and local content
- A simple, intuitive interface
It’s simple. It’s intuitive. It’s there for you. (Wherever ‘there’ is.)
As fast as the world is changing the way it listens to public radio, NPR One is changing the way we deliver it. NPR is here to deliver the public radio experience wherever you are. Whenever you can connect.
Here we go. It’s NPR One.
*Photo Credit for Audie Cornish: Eli Meir Kaplan*
gReader is a simple, fast and intuitive feed/rss reader for Android, featuring beautiful themes, podcast support and full offline support. Read all your rss/feed news in one place, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email. More on http://noinnion.com/greader.
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://noinnion.com/greader/support
* Beta: http://noinnion.com/greader/updates
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.reader
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Feedly/The Old Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization: Always have the latest news on your device
* Offline Reading: Reading full article content without internet connection
* Podcast support: Download or stream your favorite podcast with gReader.
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet-Optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Green, Sepia, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Mark read on scroll: Mark articles as read while scrolling
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech): Listen to your news
* Search Filters: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Folders / Tags support: Organize your feeds into folders/tags
* Notification: Keep informed of the latest news
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* List view: List, Grid or Card
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
Мобильное приложение позволяет связаться с ближайшим отделом полиции, найти своего участкового уполномоченного полиции, получить справочную информацию о деятельности органов внутренних дел Российской Федерации.
ОСНОВНЫЕ ВОЗМОЖНОСТИ ПРИЛОЖЕНИЯ:
-экстренный вызов полиции: приложение определяет местоположение пользователя и совершает вызов в ближайший отдел полиции.
-информация об участковом уполномоченном полиции: адрес, контактный телефон, местоположение на карте, обслуживаемый участок.
-информация о ближайших отделах полиции: списком и на карте отображаются ближайшие органы охраны правопорядка и их контактная информация.
-прием обращений: с помощью приложения можно отправить обращение в территориальный орган внутренних дел либо в центральный аппарат МВД России.
-справочная информация: КоАП РФ, штрафы ПДД, памятки о поведению в экстренных ситуациях и т.д.
-новости с официальных интернет-сайтов региональных подразделений МВД России.
Приложение определяет местоположение пользователя, находит ближайший отдел полиции и производит звонок в дежурную часть. В случае, если в телефоне отключена функция определения местоположения производится звонок на номер 112. Таким образом, в экстренной ситуации вероятность успешного дозвона до полиции или экстренных служб повышается.
Приложение позволяет получить информацию о местоположении и контактах территориальных подразделений полиции, пунктах охраны порядка, участковых уполномоченных полиции по всей России. Все объекты отображаются на карте, имеется возможность изучить детальную информацию либо позвонить по контактным телефонам.
Информация поддерживается в актуальном состоянии и берется с официального интернет-сайта МВД России.
Пользователь может отправить обращение в любое территориальное подразделение МВД России, снабдив его необходимыми файлами, прямо из мобильного приложения. Кроме того, имеется возможность направления обращений в подразделения центрального аппарата МВД России, уполномоченные принимать обращения граждан и организаций.
"all of you iPhone to Android transplants can finally find all of your favorite shows on your new device" - Top 5 Podcast Apps For Android (http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/top-5-podcast-apps-for-android.html)
"iPP Podcast player is the next best podcast player in the market." - Top 5 Podcast Player For Android (http://makewebworld.com/best-podcast-player-for-android/)
Podcast Republic Google Group
Join our Beta Tester program
Please join the Google group http://groups.google.com/d/forum/ipppodcastplayer first, then use link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app
Follow me on Twitter @nonlinearsoft.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- The best podcast search let you find almost any podcast available. Now with support for both iTunes & YouTube Channels and Playlists.
- Fully automated download. Just turn on the auto download, this app will download any new episode available for you.
- Offline playback of audio and video, save your data consumption
- Multiple playlist support for better organizing your podcast playing
- Synchronize between devices
- Support home screen widget, lock screen widget, and expandable notification controls. Your favorite podcast are just at the tip of your fingers.
- Import and export podcast subscription using OPML format (iTunes & Google Reader)
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Ability to add a podcast manually if can not find in the database
- Multiple language support: Chinese, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Has built-in Tablet layout. One app for all screen sizes.
- Chromecast support
- Include all categories from iTunes: Business, Comedy, Education, Games & Hobbies, Government & Organizations, Health, Kids & Family, Music, News & Politics, Region & Spirituality, Science & Medicine,Society & Culture, Sports & Recreation, Technology, TV & Film
- Now supports YouTube Channels & Playlists
Built-in Media Player
- Plays downloaded audio/video podcast
- Streams audio/video over network (wifi/cell)
- Remembers play position of media file
- Comes with soft decoder if the media formats are supported by Android
- Bluetooth support
- Play in background
- Sleep timer to stop audio player after you sleep
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Has a car mode for easy and quick playback control
- Automatically fetch feeds on a configurable interval
- Automatically download new episode
- Automatically deletes downloaded podcast that has been listened to
- Automatically synchronizes between downloads and playlist
- Multiple playlist support for better organizing your podcast playing. Create as much playlists as you can.
- Support audio/video playlist for continuous play
- Sortable playlist plus manual drag and sort ability for easy playlist management
- Fully configurable. A lot configuration options to meet your specific needs.
- Two level settings, global settings and individual podcast settings, to fine tune the settings
- Support themes: light theme & dark theme
- Configurable home screen widget to fit your beautiful wallpaper
Note for users with Android KitKat or above:
If you just updated to KitKat and use the SD card as download location, please go to the settings of this app and reset the download location to SD card.
Unrivaled in scope and tone, OMG! Ubuntu! is a leading voice in the Linux community.
With OMG! Ubuntu! for Android you'll get the same great content from our site - but on the go, when you want it.
* Push notifications of new articles
* Star your favorite articles to read later
* Offline reading
* Unread-only view
* Browse by categories
* Homescreen, Lockscreen & Dashclock widgets
Visit us at http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk, on Twitter (@omgubuntu), or Google+ at http://google.com/+omgubuntu
Application designed by Joey-Elijah Sneddon and built by Sam Tran.