With our book downloader app, you can put together a collection of ebooks into your own ebook library on your Android. There are plenty of books to reference, not only for adults, but children, kids and teens as well. Just download free books from online and put them on your Android device, to read at your leisure.
We have tens of thousands of free books from many genres. We have romance novels. Love stories like:
* Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
* Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
* The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
We have stories for children - kid's books such as Little Women, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Peter Pan and Treasure Island. We have downloadable tales of horror from H. P. Lovecraft, and the original vampire tale, Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Read how detective Sherlock Holmes solves another case, or read a mystery by Agatha Christie. Study from religious books like the Bible. Learn about psychology from Sigmund Freud and Alfred Binet.
Enjoy reading a book from Charles Dickens such as Great Expectations and Oliver Twist. Enjoy science fiction stories like the Time Machine by H. G. Wells, as well as sci-fi e-books from the 1950s by Philip K. Dick, Frederik Pohl and Kurt Vonnegut. And more. All for free.
This e-reader is a modified version of FBReader. It is modified so that it downloads electronic books in Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian and so forth a little more easily. This program is GPL licensed, and computer programmers can access our source code on our web site. It primarily handles books in the epub format.
Get 4 FREE magazines and a sneak peek at 4 upcoming books when you install the NOOK app and register with a new NOOK account. These pre-selected titles will automatically appear in your library when you sign in for the first time. †
Shop the NOOK Store in-app for new releases and New York Times best sellers. Find ebooks tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK Everywhere - the top-rated app for readers in Google Play.
“As an eReader App, NOOK really is one of the best.” Android Authority
• Massive selection of over 3 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less
• Read FREE books. Choose from over 1 million free ebooks
• FREE book samples. Explore the best of fiction, sci-fi, mystery, romance and more
• Choose from over 1,000 magazines and newspapers—single issues or subscriptions. Try any title FREE for 14 days
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Windows 8-based devices
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read
• Customize background and text colors with themes
• Read in portrait or landscape mode
• Easily transfer EPUB and CBZ files
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish
• Accessible to blind and low vision e-readers leveraging Android assistive technology, including screen magnification and TalkBack
• Shop for ebooks, magazines & newspaper subscriptions and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store at NOOK.com
• Now supporting NOOK Comics™ with Zoom View for a close up, panel-by-panel view of the story in a sequence as the author intended
• Our exclusive ArticleView ™ for magazines helps you focus on an individual article.
BEST SELLING BOOKS
• Romance – The Search, Dream Eyes, The Duke is Mine, Rainshadow Road
• Fiction – 12th of Never, Safe Haven, Gone Girl, The Racketeer
• Mystery – Blindsighted, Kisscut, Notorious Nineteen
• Books for Teens – Beautiful Creatures, Reached, Divergent #1
• Books for Young Readers – Beautiful Creatures series: Beautiful Darkness, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7 – The Third Wheel, Heroes of Olympus series, #3 – The Mark of Athena
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy – The Hobbit, Ever After, A Game of Thrones, Chosen
BEST SELLING AUTHORS
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Nicholas Sparks
• Nora Roberts
BEST SELLING MAGAZINES
• Woman’s World, InTouch Weekly - New! Exclusively on NOOK
• Real Simple
• Game Informer
• National Geographic
BEST SELLING NEWSPAPERS
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• Over 200 college newspapers
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of e-books and e-periodicals may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
† Selected promotional content available for a limited time only to new U.S. NOOK customers only. Promotion subject to change and may be modified or ended at any time. No cash value.
Use the Scribd app for unlimited access to over 100,000 books for just $8.99 / month - with a one month free trial. Included with a subscription are books from over 900 publishers, including NYT bestsellers, literary classics, groundbreaking non-fiction, and reader favorites in every genre. We also have the world’s largest digital document collection, with millions of user-uploaded written works.
Ready to start reading? Try a month of Scribd for free - sign up in the app.
~ Included ~
• Instant access to 100,000+ books from 900+ publishers in every genre
• Discover new favorites with our editorial collections and personalized recommendations
• Millions of user-contributed documents and written works
• No limits: read as much as you want - service is available worldwide
• Works across all your devices - books are synced automatically
• Store books on device for offline reading
~ Praise for Scribd ~
"Movie lovers have Netflix, music lovers have Spotify -- and book lovers (whether they read literary fiction or best-selling potboilers) now have Scribd."
"[Scribd] is a place where you can browse and skim and read whatever strikes your fancy..."
"For less than the price of buying one new book a month (e- or otherwise), you can wander through more than 50,000 books."
Got questions? Check out our FAQs. http://www.scribd.com/faq
the blind, by reading books or short articles from magazines, newspapers or any interesting websites.
It is more simple and convenient, without any transport to record voices as in the past.
This application supports multiple readers to read in each chapter from the same book. One may read
only one chapter. Several chapters will be compiled into one book. Completed audio books or articles
will be converted and transferred to “General Knowledge Hotline” 1414 which is a free service for the
blind to listen to audio books on the phone.
At present, creating the audio books is still limited in production and need to transport for voice
recording at the physical studio. Therefore there was a shortage of audio books resources for all the
blind population in Thailand.
Thus creating audio books for the blind through an application “Read for the Blind” is very important
because it is a creation, huge source of information that enhances knowledge level and the abilities
of the blind to develop their skills, increase opportunities for their own careers selections and living
“Read for the Blind” application is a property of Thai Blind People's Foundation, established in 1998.
It is a non-profit organization with the key objective to support blind people to be able to survive in
This project has been supported by “Thai Samsung Electronics, Co., Ltd.” and “Advanced Info Service PCL” (AIS)
and “Siam Commercial Bank PLC” (SCB) and “Google Thailand Co.,Ltd.”
Let’s “Give them Light by your Voices”
More information: www.facebook.com/ReadfortheBlind
Upload your collection of ebooks to your Bookmate Shelf and keep a permanent library that will perfectly synchronise your reading activity across any of your devices.
• Read any of your uploaded books free of charge
• Highlight your favorite passages and make notes
• Automatically take off where you left off on any device: syncs your position in books, notes, quotes and library
• Discover new books by following other readers
• Customize your reading experience with unique fonts and colour combinations for any environment
Enjoy unlimited cloud storage for all your ebooks and notes - never lose a book again
Feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
William Walker Atkinson was an influential member of the New Thought movement. He was one of the first people to write about the Law of Attraction.
Long before Rhonda Byrne discovered the secret that one's positive thoughts are powerful magnets that attract wealth, health, and happiness, Atkinson already knew it.
Mind Reading is not a magic trick, it's a fact - and this book teaches you exactly how to do it.
Practical Mind Reading deals with all aspects of mind reading, thought transference, telepathy, mind currents from one person to another, mental rapport between individuals and much, much more.
Throughout there is an underscoring of practical application. Even if you are not interested in the practical aspects, mind reading and thought transference are still fascinating subjects to read about.
The author, WIlliam Walker Atkinson, has based his text on scientific tests, experiments and research which provide practical proofs. Provided also are exercises to enable you to develop your mind reading and thought transference abilities. Also explained are exactly how to perform simple and more difficult practical demonstrations.
As the author says, `Any one may develop himself, or herself, into a good contact Mind Reader by practice and perseverance.`
Even if you do not intend to practice mind reading and never intend to give mind reading demonstrations in private or public, you will still learn much about the latent abilities that many of us fail to use in everyday life.
But if you do have an interest in how to become a mind reader, this is just the book for you. It is full of practical directions and clear instructions on how to achieve success.
Although this book was written years ago, the text still sounds fresh and contemporary. The explanations of mental laws and processes are clear and concise and the exercises are simple and effective.
Looking for ebooks? Check out the other classic books we published on Google Play.
Let your child play the audio books you recorded just by scanning a book's bar code
This is a fun way of letting your toddler enjoy reading books without the need to know how to read (or when they start learning to read)
Recording your voice gives kids a chance to learn new vocabulary , color names, numbers, letters and pronunciation of words
Grandmother or grandfather can record a book to their grandchild's and let them hear the recordings over and over again - as they always do ;-)
Parents who travel frequently can record a book before a business trip and keep a better connection with their loved ones
Giving children good books at an early age will encourage them to be well read and smart individuals. Reading with children will encourage them even more so. Reading a story with children at bedtime is a part of many families’ bedtime routine and is an excellent way to let the kids relax just before they are to sleep. Not only will your children learn to love reading and become well-read, but they will love the time spent with you and the memories they are left with. They may even sleep better.
Reading helps in several different areas of a child’s mental health. Because the child spends time absorbing good writing and proper spelling and grammar, reading improves writing skills. Young kids who read much may also become more articulate because they are learning the language not simply by hearing it, spoken with so much colloquialism and different dialects, but by reading it.
Reading encourages a child’s imagination and develops creativity, as the stories he or she reads leave room for a child to add to them at will. It is especially good for children who are visual learners and have a good memory for what they see and read for themselves. If the child is an auditory learner, reading to him or her will work in a similar way.
Besides what are considered classics, there is a plethora of books for children that are educational, pleasing, fun and completely timeless. From Dr. Seuss, to Robert Munsch, to Beverly Cleary, and many wonderful children’s authors whose books will never grow old, there is something for everyone.
Even as kids go through their teen years, the books they read as they go from children’s books to more adult books will continue to help them develop in the same way that children’s books do.
★ Bible Trivia games - More than 100,000 different questions.
★ Bible Instant Search - Unlimited search options, search in less than a second.
★ Bible OFFLINE mode - Search, read, and play “My Bible”, without Internet connection.
★ Battery friendly: Whether you are on your homepage or reading the bible the battery level stays the same.
★ Native Bible reading, no paging: There is 0 time for loading the pages, you can read without any interruptions.
★ Daily Bible Verse: Every day the application will pick a random verse for you. Maybe it's random maybe it's fate.
★ Bible Continue reading option: Got a phone call, going to sleep? Next day you can click on the Read button and it will take to where you stopped.
★ Easy Bible indexing: All the books are indexed for easy access in just one click from the application main screen.
★ Bible Audio speech: Powered by native API(Supported in most of the devices), All of the verses in the “My Bible” have a play button that once press it, it will READ you the verse.
★ Bible Multi-orientations - Support both Portrait and Landscape orientations: Lots of effort have been invested in making “My Bible” to support both portrait and landscape orientations. According to Google “My Bible” is supported on more than 2800 devices, worldwide.
★ Bible Verse sharing with friends: Also “My Bible” is published on Facebook and you can share verses with your friends.
Android Page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gazman.biblesearch
Enjoy this simple and nice app :
+ Hundred of hand-picked African proverbs
+ Great design
+ Share your favorites facts with your friends
+ Frequent updates
+ Work with both smartphones and tablets
Few examples :
- If you are filled with pride, then you will have no room for wisdom
- To get lost is to learn the way
- Milk and honey have different colors, but they share the same house peacefully
Enjoy and have fun !
Keywords : african proverbs, quotes, wisdom, zen, traditional, ancient, old, africa
Online: When connected to the internet, the Africa App helps you identify the name of your heart language by choosing the flag of your country and listening to sound samples of languages. Select your language and the Kolo Africa App will look for audio Bibles or Jesus Film videos and allow you to listen to or view these beautiful videos and recordings.
Two main media types can be selected in the App, Audio and Video. Full–length or Short video clips are available for many of the videos. Audio Bible books and chapters can be selected, played or downloaded to your Library for offline listening or viewing.
Offline Library: When you’re not connected to the internet, select library from the top menu and look for audio recordings and videos that you’ve downloaded for offline listening and viewing.
Demo: Watch a short movie that covers how to use the features and functions of the app.
EBook reader is one of the best reading tools. It can help you to easily manage, and open all the ebooks on your phone. We also integrate multiple free ebook download sites, allowing you to easily get the desired eBooks.
Supports ebook formats: epub (non-DRM), fb2, doc, txt, rtf, html, chm, tcr, pdb, prc, mobi (non-DRM), pml.
* Pages or scroll view. Page flipping animation.
* Table of contents, bookmarks, text search.
* Bookmarks on text fragments (comments or corrections) - useful for proof reading.
* Export of bookmarks to text file.
* Built-in file browser, quick recent books access.
* Online catalogs (OPDS) support.
* LitRes online book store support.
* Text to Speech (TTS) support.
* Hyphenation dictionaries;
* Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes.
* Additional fonts support (place .ttf to /sdcard/fonts/)
* Support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages; autodetection of TXT file encoding (GBK, Shift_JIS, BIG5, EUC_KR).
* Day and night profiles (two sets of colors, background, backlight levels).
* Brightness adjustments by flick on left edge of screen.
* Background texture (stretched or tiled) or solid color.
* Paperbook-like page turning animation or "sliding page" animation.
* Dictionary support (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard Dictionary).
* Customizable tap zone and key actions.
* Autoscroll (automatic page flipping) - start using menu/goto/autoscroll or assign action Autoscroll on key or tap zone; Change speed using volume keys or bottom-right and bottom-left tap zones; stop - tap any other tap zone or key.
* Can read books from zip archives.
* Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
* Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS.
* Select text using double tap (optional).
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/textures/ -- to be used as tiled page backgrounds.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/backgrounds/ -- to be used as stretched page backgrounds.
(/cr3/ directory can also be used instead of /.cr3/, and internal SD or internal storage instead of /sdcard/)
We believe that this eBook reader is what you're looking for.
Need to learn more features, please download the trial.
This app is based on Cool Reader code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Cool Reader: http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/