1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. email@example.com
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
1. Turn off screen when you put your Smartphone on table and turn on when you hold it in your hands.
2. - Use Proximity sensor to turn on/off screen.
- Proximity Smart Cover feature for user using Flip Cover (If you use a phone case with cover, just close the cover to turn screen off. and open the cover to turn screen on).
- So with Smart Cover feature you just put the phone in your pocket to turn screen off, and take the phone out from your pocket to turn screen on.take it out of the pocket the screen auto turn on.
3. Shake to screen on/off.
- Shake to turn off, use the proximity sensor to open the screen to the most comfortable and most effective.
- When only opening screen features with the proximity sensor when taking the phone out of the bag itself on the screen.
- Besides you can very much for the way how to shut off by different types of sensors.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Unfortunately in some devices, the accelerometer sensor cannot be used when the screen is OFF so you can't turn on screen by feature 1 and 3.But if you checked option for device do not turn on the screen, you can use Proximity or Smart Cover feature to turn on/off the screen.
Check your device on link:
How to uninstall app :
If this app is activated you can click on Deactivate button, after that you uninstall this app normal.
*Screen on when charge option
It offers five options,
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
Supports Landscape mode
Please update to version 1.2.2
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
This plugin will enable Solo Launcher to use "Double-tap to turn off screen" feature.
Locker Screen Master
HOW TO UNINSTALL
- Disable the "Double-tap to turn off screen" feature in the main application.
- Disable administrator permissions in Settings -> Location & Security -> Select device administrators -> uncheck "TurnOffScreen".
Hide the systembar and use your tablet in fullscreen-mode without losing systembars main functions: navigation options and notifications .
~ please note: This app requires root!
~ read below for issues and limitations !
This app is a light-weight replacement/companion for the default systembar on tablets.
It can disable the bottom systembar on most tablets running Android 3 or Android 4.
Now you can use the full screen for your own apps without wasting space for the bottom bar.
» Play games,
» Watch videos,
» Surf the web,
» Read your mails...
››› everything fullscreen and without losing the main functions of the systembar:
Go back, Go to Homescreen, switch between recently used apps, access notifications...
The provided replacement buttons can be configured in function, visibility, position and size. Following actions can be assigned to any button:
• Go back: Navigate back within apps.
• Go to homescreen: Shortcut to directly go to homescreen.
• Show recent apps: Quickly switch between recently used apps.
• Show notifications: Display a panel with notifications.
• Restore systembar: An action to quickly restore systembar.
• Open apps menu: Easy access even to menu of older apps.
• Pie-Menu: Opens a configurable pie-menu.
The also available plus-Version supports an automatic mode:
Just define the apps you want to use in fullscreen mode and full!screen+ takes care of the rest. It will automatically disable the bottom bar for those apps.
- Start your browser -> *poof* bottom bar is gone.
- Switch back to Home -> the bar reappears.
- Play Video -> always in fullscreen.
You don't have to care!
issues and limitations:
- in case you experience problems after reboot like notifications not working or not able to autostart:
Please upgrade/change your SuperUser-Manager and use it to upgrade/install latest su-binary!
- There are limitations with phone devices. You might lose ability to accept incoming calls or receive SMS in fullscreen mode. Please make sure to test this before using full!screen.
- On devices with split systembar (notifications on top and navigation on bottom) it is not possible to just hide navigationbar. This unfortunately is a system-limitation and no workaround possible.
1. View Cover and Flip Cover Users is highly recommended.
2. After testing about 10 times on each step, select the step that work very well .
3. After upgrade ,the used step may not be appropriate. Then please select other step.
4. Does not recognize the gap because it does not accurately reflected laser proximity sensor cover is made of some.
So stick to that same sticker (white color) in a well-reflected in the position facing the proximity sensor.
★ ★ ★ Main Functions ★ ★ ★
1. When you open or close the cover, the screen turns on and off automatically.
2. Landscape Mode
- When Landscape Mode( like camera, game) is running,Sensor pause
3. Special App
- When it is running, Sensor pause.
4. Show icon in Notification area.
- Screen off, Sensor On/off , Memory optimizer and Rotation control
5. Service execute automatically when the phone restart.
6. Vibration when the screen is closed.
7. Sound when the screen is closed.
8. Widget add (1 x 4, 1 x 3, 1 x 1)
- Power Button
- Service On/Off Button
- App Link Button
- Rotation Control
9. Memory Cleaner
- Memory automatically cleaned when screen off
10. Receiving a call
- Shake to call
- Flipping phone to mute
11. Sensor pause when plug headset
12. Power Saving
13. Rotation Control
14. Floating Service - Depricated (Download Ultimate Smart Cover)
- Screen Off, Home, Recent App, Flash, Status Bar
15. View Cover Style
- when screen is closed.
16. Flip Cover Style
- when screen is opened.
- Can be used to select the notification app
17. Camera Flash Notification when incoming call
18. Receiving call screen made by I
★ ★ ★ How to save battery ★ ★ ★
1. During sleep time, the sensor will be stopped.
2. When using Landscape mode or Phone Call Option, the sensor will be stopped
3. When Special apps be not in use, it is effective to option to OFF.
4. When only necessary ,It is effective to use Vibration.
5. If battery is low, only use the default options.
★ ★ ★ Notices ★ ★ ★
- To uninstall this app, Service-Execute button must be OFF.
- Or Setting ->Security -> Device administrators -> Unchecked the smart cover -> Try uninstall app
In order to use the proximity sensor simply install the application and enable monitoring service. Once it enabled you can turn on the screen by touching and releasing the proximity sensor.
In order to use soft-button for turning off the screen drag and drop the "WTN Turn Off" launcher from list of your applications to the home screen and press it. It may ask for "Device Administrator" activation for the first time. You have to activate it, otherwise it will not be able to turn off the screen.
As alternative way you can turn off the screen by pressing notification icon if it was enabled in settings.
IMPORTANT! You must deactivate Device Administration before uninstalling the app, otherwise you will not be able to uninstall it. You can do that directly from the application settings dialog (go to WTN Settings >> General Settings and uncheck the "Device Administrator" check-box) or you can do it directly from Settings dialog of your device (go to Settings >> Security >> Device administrators and uncheck the "Turn Off the Screen")
For common questions please see the G+ page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110175170624549847232
Tags: Proximity, Gravity, Screen, Display, On, Off, Wake Up
This app is NOT widget! You can place the shortcut in anywhere as you can.
This app uses device administration function in Android 2.2 or later, so you must activate it before it works.**NOT NEED ROOT!**
* Lock device with one click
* Not a widget so it does not run as service in the background
* Auto killself after locking to save your Battery & Memory
* Tiny size (<30k)
How to uninstall :
This app uses device administration function in Android 2.2 or later, so you must deactivate it BEFORE uninstall.
Just do this: Go to 'Settings >> Location & security >> Select device administrators' -> uncheck this app -> uninstall.
Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU LIKE THE APP - WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT WE COULDN'T MAKE IT BETTER
The screen off & lock action can be used to create a widget that locks the screen if your power button is broken.
See more details on creating a widget with AutomateIt: http://automateitapp.com/user-guide-2/widget-a-shortcut-to-your-rules/
To use this app you need to install AutomateIt Free or Pro.
Screenshots shows how the plugin is used within AutomateIt
★★★ To uninstall the app, you need to deactivate the device administrator. Go to device settings → Security → Device administrators and deactivate the plugin ★★★
ATTENTION: If the app does not work on your device upon installation due to third party modifications, you can uninstall app within Google Play 15 min trial period to avoid being charged. Reverting to Stock Android or system upgrade might resolve issue. This app has been tested fully functional on devices listed below (list updated regularly).
HELPFUL GUIDE: Tap Settings button to disable/change Notifications or to set customized shake profile settings. ALWAYS deactivate then activate service to apply changes. Tap service LED indicator button for info on adding on/off button widget to HOME screen. To activate service, select shake profile and tap Activate button which will pin the service to the notification status bar and cause a notification sound indicating service is active. To get back to the main app, tap the wake up icon in the status bar. If activated, Wake Up Screen service will remain active even after rebooting tablet or phone. To deactivate service run the app again and tap deactivate button or use the widget button. Tap Help button for full instructions.
SMART APP FEATURE: If the screen wakes up and no user activity detected, the screen goes back to sleep after few seconds! You can easily change sensitivity profiles: wake up the screen as you pick up the device (High Sensitivity) or after few to many shakes (Less Sensitivity)! Service indicator LED and on/off widget button! Battery Saver Period setting (optional)!
IMPORTANT TO KNOW PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
1. This app requires shake algorithm enabled devices.
2. This app requires “boot” and “keep screen on” permissions upon installations.
3. This app may not function on rooted devices or third party ROMs that disable “wake screen” activity.
4. This app uses between 4 to 8% of battery power and about 7 MB memory which is very low compared to system use. If needed, you can easily deactivate app processes to save battery use with the service on/off widget button.
5. This app does not alter security settings or lock screen configurations.
Finally: We encourage our users to contact us via email to discuss any concerns or suggestions regarding the app, if any. We cannot address review comments due to the fact that most negative comments that are left without prior contact with the developer are placed with the intent to lower app ratings and misguide the consumer.
App Statistics - Tested & works on:
4.1 - 4.2 - 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
4.0 - 4.0.2 - 4.0.3 - 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich - ICS)
3.2 (Honeycomb - HC)
2.3.3 + (Gingerbread)
2.2 - 2.2.1 (Froyo)
Acer: Iconia Tab A200 Picasso E , Picasso Tablet
ASUS: Eee Pad Transformer TF101 , TF201
Google: Nexus 4 (Mako) , Nexus 7 (Grouper)
HTC: One S (Ville) , One X (Endeavor) , Evo 3D (shooter), Evo 4G (Supersonic) , Evita , Incredible 2 (VIVOW) , Incredible S (VIVO) , Nexus One (Passion) , Rezound , Sensation 4G (Pyramid) , Thunderbolt (Mecha), Desire HD (Ace)
Huawei: MediaPad hws7300u
LG: VS840 Lucid 4G (Cayman) , Revolution, Spectrum (LGE VS920 4G)
Mach Speed: Trio Stealth G2
Motorola: Droid RAZR , Droid RAZR Maxx 4G , Droid 2 Global , MOTOACTV
Samsung: Conquer 4G , Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) , Galaxy Note (GT-N7000), Galaxy S3 , Galaxy S2 , Galaxy S, Galaxy Y
Novero: Solana Tablet/Netbook
Sony: Ericsson SEMC Xperia Arc S , Xperia P (LT22i)
Velocity Micro Cruz T103
Copyright 2012 wildroid.com
Do not use for illegal purpose.
Auto take pictures
Take pictures by shortcut
Force mute shutter sound (Preview mode)
MUST KNOW: The device must have g-sensor for auto snap.This app is a camera app, so if you open another camera, it will not be used until you close other camera app.
tag: silent camera, snapshots, auto take pictures, camera, shortcut take pictures
ATTENTION: If you continuous mentain the same posture, it will continuously take pictures, even in screen off.
To solve screen has been not off when screen on without unlock for Android 4.1.2 and 4.2.x.
Also this app provide a shortcut to lock screen.
To uninstall this app must remove lock screen permission first.This is a google policy.
Home->Add->Shortcut->choose my shortcut
Want to see advertising notification by what app?
Want to see notification display when screen is off?
Or want to see the notification in full-screen?
All in "Notification Up!".
This app MUST activate service at Settings/accessibility for receiving notifications.
"Notification Up!" provide following features for any notifications:
1.Record (Save for 7 days, or 1000 records. Auto purge old records.)
2.Screen Flash: Blink screen when screen off.
3.Ringtone: Play different ringtone for different app.
4.Toast: Show toast for notification in full-screen.
5.Shortcut for invisible notification.
If you don't know how to start.
Try a tutorial by following steps:
1.Click menu/example.(upper right corner)
2.Create a simple notification.
4.Press app icon, and set any feature for it. You could see the feature introduction by menu/Help!.
5.Enjoy it with all notifications.(Or you could wait for day and see what notification you want to custom.)
Why need android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW?
I use this permission to detect full-screen.
Tag:notification, ringtone, record, screen flash
Need keep screen on when power connected!
Need auto screen off when plug power connection.
Use this app.
Modify System screen timeout, more selections, even never.
(for every users that need never screen timeout)
When power connected, using a different screen time out.
When power connected and after 10 seconds the screen is still locked, auto turning screen off.
No background service, so need memory little.
Simple but useful.
tag:Keep screen on, screen on, wakelock, power screen on, Screen Off Timeout, power screen off
Now, you can use a normal cover with this app, the cover just becomes the smart cover. Just open/close the cover to turn screen on/off.
Or you can turn screen on/off just by touch the proximity sensor.
1.Auto turn screen on
2.Auto turn screen off
3.Auto Pause screen off function by app
4.Auto Pause screen off function by horizontal screen
6.Screen off tips.
7.Pause screen off function by shortcut or notification.
8.Turn screen off by Widget.
9.Auto stop at sleeping time,and restart after sleep.
10.double touch proximity sensor to turn screen on
11.auto pause at phone call
1. After running big app system may kill this app, you can use shortcut or notification to restart this app.
2. When leaving app using back button not home, otherwise the setting page may show again when screen on.
3 If you want to uninstall this app MUST deactivate device admin first.
4. I use force screen off after turning screen on without unlock, so even if you touch the screen, the screen also will turn off unless finishing unlock. Because Android 4.1.2 and 4.2 have wakelock bug. It doesn't auto turn screen off.
If you just want auto screen on, you can use my another app "Auto Screen On", it has g-sensor and proximity sensor to screen on, and has log function to watch how the app work. And it's free and no ads.
Some tablet may not have proximity sensor, please check it first. If the device doesn't have proximity sensor, it would show "the device doesn't have proximity sensor".
Please don't give me one star just because your device doesn't have the proximity sensor.
If you want more function, mail to me.
1.The proximity sensor on Galaxy Note II can't detect Dark cover/flip, so it may not work fine.
2.The big sunshine may let the proximity sensor return wrong signal.
Thanks Владимир Бывалов for translating to Russian language.
Thanks Manuel García for translating to Spanish language.
Thank s Андрей Кравцов for adjust Russian language
Tag: Cover, Smart Cover, tap, lock, smart lock, screen off, screen on, power saver, tab, one touch, unlock