CFI Tools Flight Recorder
Purpose: The Flight Recorder App is used to record flights using the GPS
The App allows you to record your flight using the Android GPS receiver. These recordings include date, time, latitude, longitude, altitude, course and speed.
The Flight Recorder allows you to review these recorded tracks in a number of ways. You can review each saved Location by looking at the numbers or by plotting them on a map. The recordings can also be emailed to your Mac or PC as a CSV file that can be opened as a spread sheet or as a Google Earth XML file that can be viewed in 3D.
During recording, the tracks are integrated with the Google maps. The maps can be displayed as either a Map or a Satellite photo. So next time you perform some S-Turns across a road, you can record the track and when you are back on the ground re-play it to see how well you maintained those equal radius turns on each side of the road.
3D Viewing on your MAC or PC!
You can also convert the tracks into a Google Earth .kml file.
A Google Earth .kml file can be emailed to your Mac or PC for use with Google Earth. This allows you to draw terrific 3D views of your flight. With the Google Earth 3D capability you can get a great view of your flight from all angles.
Fly it again!
The .KML file not only gives you the 3D view, but also allows you to use the Tour Control to play back the file and have you and your friends ride along. You can position your point of view just above the track and watch as the file plays following the track of your recorded flight. The view can actually be very similar to what you saw from the cockpit.
If you haven't seen these 3D views, please visit our web site to see some samples you will enjoy them.
You can set colorization levels for viewing the recording. For example instead of just having a simple line drawing of the flight you can show everything under 1,000 MSL as Red and below 2,000 as Yellow, 3,000 as Blue and so on. You can set color levels for Altitude, Speed and Accuracy.
With the color levels set to your selection the recorder can create some very interesting and informative drawings. For example if you were trying to hold a given altitude or speed during the flight you can set the Levels to a narrow band near your expected values and it can really bring out variations.
- Record a flight
- Save the recording
- View a live recording in progress
- Review the recorded flight
- View the flight colorized by speed, altitude or accuracy
- Review each individual location saved in the App or in a down-loadable CSV file
- Email the recording to your Mac or PC as Spreadsheet (CSV) or Google Earth 3D views (KML)
- Share the recording with other Android and iOS devices
Note: When used in the cockpit this App should be started before the flight, run in the background and be reviewed after the flight. It should not be allowed to create a distraction while in flight.
About CFI Tools
I'm a Pilot and a CFII. I build these Apps and other software for my own use.
Some other pilots saw them and said "Hey you should sell those".
So here they are for sale. I hope you enjoy them. Any suggestions for improvement or new Apps are always welcomed. Have a good flight.
Application to general aviation or commercial aviation
- Record your flights and get complete information such as:
Time on ground
Time on flight
Average speed, and
- Know exactly how many hours flown
- Review and analize your flights
- Export to KML format to see your flight in Google Earth three-dimensional shape
- View statistics of your flights in various categories
- No matter what type of aircraft you fly (piston aircraft, Jet aircraft or helicopter)
- Can be used even when you fly as a passenger
- Easy to use platform
- Easy setup
- APP developed for smartphones and tablets
If wanted, the automatic flight logger uses the built-in microphone of your portable device to detect the start of your aircraft´s engine. After that, start, landing, block and airtimes will be determined by means of GPS. All times are UTC.
The app also logs the GPS coordinates of the departure and arrival airports. You can replace them by the airport´s name or ICAO code. These will be used on all of your subsequent flights.
You can either share the logbook file as email attachment of store it in any cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox and later edit or format it in a spreadsheet program like for example Excel or Open Office Calc.
You can view the GPS tracks of the single flights in Google Earth or any KML viewer, share them as email attachment or store them in some cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox.
Before first use, check the following settings:
- Log motor time (optional)
- Sound Threshold: Change this, if the noise recognition is unreliable
- Speed: Knots or km/h
- Takeoff Speed: Set the takeoff speed of your aircraft
- Simulation: Test your app without having to move it. Simulates a flight around the world:
JFK International (40.63975°, -73.778925°), London Heathrow (51.4775°, -0.461389°), Frankfurt/Main (50.033333°, 8.570556°), Beijing (40.080111°, 116.584556°).
*** Install app, Sign up and enjoy 14 days Free Use of all the Pro features ****
Ideal for pilots and operators flying; jets, turbo props or piston aircraft, IFR and VFR.
RocketRoute is a worldwide leader in advanced flight planning and navigation apps for professional pilots. The service has more than 55,000 users flying 24/7. For example; United States, Canada, Europe, Peru, Brazil, S. Africa, China and Middle East. The company has processed close to 1 million flights for users.
RocketRoute 4 is our next generation app. It is packed with features. This app represents over 4 years of development and integrates everything that RocketRoute has learned from helping thousands of pilots fly worldwide.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- Worldwide Enroute Upper / Lower Chart.
- Create and display routes; IFR, Yankee, Zulu, VFR.
- Search for Waypoints, Navaids, Airports, Airways, Cities.
- Prepare ICAO Flight Plans.
- Validate routes for flying in Europe via Eurocontrol.
- File Flight Plans Worldwide.
- Perform Mass & Balance Calculations.
- Generate Flight Log.
- Generate Flight Briefings what include METAR/TAF, NOTAM, ICAO Flight Plan reports.
- Add and modify aircraft.
- Nav Data is updated monthly for the AIRAC cycle.
MOVING MAP NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Powerful globe view with Zoom control.
- Display current Lat/Lon Coordinates.
- Display Track.
- Display Speed.
- Display current position and direction of flight.
- Display Enroute Upper / Lower Chart with Flight Details.
- Display waypoints, airways, airports.
- Display terrain elevation.
- Select and display Planned Routes.
Note: Moving Map requires InApp purchase after Trial Period.
FLIGHT MANAGEMENT FEATURES
- Delay Flight Plans.
- Cancel Flight Plans.
- Copy Flight Plans.
- Check Status (RQP)
- Add SLOT details.
- Last Minute Changes: Fuel, PAX Loading.
- Display current METAR.
- Display current NOTAM.
AIRPORT PLATE FEATURES
- Search more than 65,000 documents and airport plates.
- Huge library of countries to browse and view.
(requires paid for RocketRoute Membership)
- Crystal clear PDFs.
- Intelligent document naming.
- Documents organised by handy folders: APPROACH, SID, STAR, TAXI and AIP.
- Airport search online and offline.
- Search by Airport Name or ICAO.
- Lock view for Approach.
- Brightness control.
- Scroll lock.
- Landscape or portrait view.
- Wordwide Upper and Lower Navigation Data for 12 months.
- App includes 14 day trial of Pro Membership which includes a wide list of Airport Plates access.
RocketRoute provides many countries bundled with Membership (marked CAA)
Branded Plates are an additional inApp purchase.
USA - FAA IFR
Europe - EAD IFR
Caribbean - CAA IFR+VFR
Brazil - CAA IFR+VFR
South Africa - CAA IFR
Central Africa - CAA IFR+VFR
Tunisia - CAA IFR
Algeria - CAA IFR+VFR
Sudan - CAA IFR
Morocco - CAA IFR+VFR
UAE - CAA IFR
Iran - CAA IFR
Israel - CAA IFR
Germany - DFS VFR
UK - Pooleys VFR
Ireland - Pooleys VFR
Swiss - SkyGuide VFR
Austria - Rogers VFR
Italy - Avio Portolano VFR
Czech + Slovakia - Avion VFR
Hungary - Manual VFR
- Moving map requires Android devices with GPS Connection or paired with 3rd party GPS Device.
- Flight Planning and Route Planning requires Internet connection.
- Once sync’d App can be used for Offline use.
- Some VFR Airport Documents require an extra RocketRoute subscription.
- Flight Plans can only be filed by authorised pilots/dispatchers and ARE NOT to be used for any non-aviation purposes.
US AIRPORTS ONLY.
Please leave your ratings and comments to show your support and appreciation. Thank you.
* Detailed info on 5,500+ US public use airports
* Favorite airports/Wx
* Nearby airports/Wx/FSS
* Nearby navaids from an airport
* Detailed ILS info
* Weather radar images
* Prognosis images
* Winds aloft images
* Pressure altitude/density altitude
* Sunrise/sunset in local and UTC time
* Instrument procedures a.k.a. Approach plates (PDF)
* A/FD pages (PDF)
* ATC frequencies
* ATC phone numbers
* FSS frequencies
* Scratch pad to note down ATC and Wx
* UTC Clock, stopwatch and countdown timer
* US AIRPORTS ONLY
* NO BANNER ADS! AT ALL! EVER!
* Free data updates as per FAA data cycle (Every 56 days for A/FD and d-A/FD, every 28 days for d-TPP and Library).
* Fine (GPS) Location - To determine current location to show nearby airports/wx stations.
* Full Internet Access - To download data files, weather, NOTAMS, AeroNav PDFs etc.
* Modify/Delete SD Card Contents - To store data files, cache weather data and PDFs.
* View Network State - To check if connected to internet and to determine if connected to WIFI for downloads.
* Market Billing Service - To allow donations to be processed.
FlightIntel does not use the obnoxious banner ads to generate revenue and never will. Also, providing data updates every 4-8 weeks takes a considerable time and efforts. Please show your appreciation by donating generously. Help me make FlightIntel one of the best in its class.
The AeroNav products (TPP PDF charts and A/FD PDF pages) are only available after making a donation. This is because due to recent policy change by AeroNav, I have to pay for the DVD to get access to the important metadata file. Please consider donating at one or both levels to help me continue working on this app.
Follow on Twitter: @FlightIntel
User Groups: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/flightintel-users
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/nhasan/Airports/issues
IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing FCs, please make sure you are running the latest release and have installed the latest data update.
Keywords: A/FD, AFD, Navaids, Pilots, Aviation, Flightplan
Basic functions include:
- Count down timer in seconds.
- Count down in degrees ("S.Rt.") for Standard Rate turns, useful in making a 180 degree turn for example.
- One minute punch in for hold patterns.
- Option to use any phone button to start/stop.
- Vibration alert.
- Tone alert.
- Maximum time out of 100 minutes.
- This software provides ILS approach and GPS, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board. This application is completely autonomous.
- Warnings before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces
- Automatic and manual Logbook. The Logbook records:
a. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml file (Google Earth) or .gpx file)
b. departure and arrive airport
c. departure and arrive time
- Virtual radar - users can see another aircrafts in the air.
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles
- Free topographical map. Maps can be created by users using MOBAC, SAS PLANET or RMAP applications
- Free World navigation database
- Route planning, calculation of fuel consumption (depended on wind)
- Barometric altitude and vertical speed indicators – (requires your device to have a barometric sensor)
- External Bluetooth GPS support
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from/to Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file. Support for importing waypoints via txt file.
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items via Google Earth
- 4 portrait and 4 landscape screens (fully customized)
- Application can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA, DAL
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
Using application is at your own risk. FLY is FUN does not substitute any aircraft gauge or device. All data downloaded to this application can be incorrect and not valid. Information displayed by this application are without any warranties.
Trial version means that application needs restart after 10 minutes of using. For full version you need to purchase "FLY is FUN unlocker".
If your device do not have menu button look here:
- ILS guidance (GPS and barometric sensor based)
- VOR, NDB, DME, LOC, WPT etc. navigation (GPS based)
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level) - Ground proximity warning system
- Airspaces and navaids map
- AIRAC based the world navaid, WPTs, airports database
- Route planning
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from (to) Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file
- Recording your track and export it to .kml files (Google Earth)
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items in Google Earth
Many thanks to Olivier from France, Onuff from Russia, Vladimir from Australia and Juergen from Germany for their help.
See short user guide:
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B, density altitude
Developed by pilots, it will be your best co-pilot on your Android phone or tablet.
Prepare your flight, download AIP (aeronautical) data, NOTAMs and weather data as well as airport charts (only available in selected countries) and you are ready to take off.
FlightAssistant will help you to follow the flight plan that you have defined and will provide you with all the information you might need in flight.
•Multi-zoom moving map (can show either North up or track up)
•Airspaces awareness and alerts
•Horizontal situation indicator
•Integrated maps library (free maps)
•Flight preparation: create a flight plan from aeronautical or user waypoints
•Weight & balance: flexible weight and balance calculation (user defined weight station, CG limits, etc.)
•Electronic navigation log with offline access to the route documents (airports charts & data, NOTAMs, METARs and TAFs)
•Flight recording in Google Earth compliant format
•Versatile usage modes; flight plan (prepared navigation), GOTO, or "free flight"
•"Nearest" feature, providing a list of the closest airports
•Download airport charts & diagrams for in flight offline use (only available for France for now)
•Download NOTAMs, METARs et TAFs for in flight offline use
•Choose your units (metric or imperial for speed, distance and altitude)
Getting started ? Visit our website http://www.flightassistant.org/getting-started/.
Please read the manual (http://www.flightassistant.org/assets/FlightAssistant_UG.pdf) and make yourself comfortable with the application before taking off.
Follow the application news on Twitter (https://twitter.com/droidfa) or Google+ (https://plus.google.com/111047533766475644105).
This version of FlighAssistant uses "community" AIP data (airports, waypoints, etc.) and doesn't include official data provided by national or federal administrations.
This application requires a GPS (either embedded or Bluetooth connected).
The moving map in the well known IC*O-style supports the pilot with the navigation and thus leaves time for the bright side of flighing.
The integrated database includes over 4,500 airfields and waypoints from many european countries with information about airport names, frequency and runway information. A "double tab" on any point on the map shows this additional information.
By the support of the OpenAir file format, any airspaces (including gliding sectors) can be shown on the map.
Especially helpful: After downloading the desired maps (completely free) as well as the airspace files, VFRnav works completely offline and does not require an existing data connection at any time. Not even a SIM must be available in your smartphone. (Advise: For optimal battery life it is recommended to switch on the flight mode during your trip)
With the track recording feature you can track any flights. Tracks can be exported as KML files and/or sent by e-mail . Flown routes can be shown on Google Earth. The flight time recording also automatically records time and place of takeoff and landing and calculates the time of flight.
The development of VFRnav is made in close contact with the users. We set a high value on the intuitive use and usability as well as an Android typical app-design. In the current second version many ideas and suggestions have been implemented which have reached us in the past few months by e-mail. Thank you at this point for the extensive feedback.
The basic functions of VFRnav can be tested without any time limitation. If you like VFRnav, you can purchase a license for currently 49,95 Euros. This will give you free updates for one year. After the 12 months a lower priced update license can be purchased. VFRnav itself can be used unlimited.
By the way: The license is personal but not linked to any specific device. If you use multiple Android devices with the same Google account, your license is valid on all your devices.
Requirements: For the real time air navigation a device with GPS is required. Furthermore your smartphone or tablet needs at least 200 MB of free space. VFRnav has been tested on Android 2.2 up to 5 (Lollipop) . A minimum display resolution of 480x800 pixels is recommended.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.
Disclaimer: Please note that VFRnav is not an officially approved aid for the flight preparation and air navigation. A guarantee for the correctness and completeness of data cannot be given. We are not responsible for any use of this application. Please check the data displayed always with official maps of aviation.
VFRnav est une application de navigation aérienne pour les pilotes VFR.
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
Alle Einträge lassen sich als CSV-Datei exportieren sowie importieren. Dies erlaubt eine beliebige Bearbeitung der Daten über eine Tabellenkalkulation (z.B. Excel).
Praktisch: Flüge können direkt aus der automatischen Start- und Landezeitenerfassung aus VFRnav direkt importiert werden.
Sollten Sie Vorschläge oder Änderungswünsche haben, schreiben Sie diese bitte direkt an firstname.lastname@example.org
Hinweis: Diese App wird werbefinanziert.
Upgrade to the full version to unlock these features:
* Customize the number of zombies & the rate that they spawn (lite version is limited to ten)
* Customize the number of zombie hunters (lite version is limited to two)
* Double-tap the screen to drop bombs
* Select a built-in background image, or choose one from your media gallery
Allow yourself to be mesmerized by the amazing patterns of Conway's Game of Life. Watch the patterns evolve right before your eyes! Tap the screen to launch a glider pattern.
Find the full version in the market for many more colors and customization options!
* Integrated logbook with CSV export
* Stopwatch (count up & down)
* GPS navigation
* Nav database with over 38,000 airports - no data connection required!
Tap zombies to make their heads explode!
Double-tap to drop a bomb
Configure the number of zombies vs zombie hunters
Choose a custom background from your media gallery