CFI Tools Flight Recorder
Purpose: The Flight Recorder App is used to record flights using the GPS
The App allows you to record your flight using the Android GPS receiver. These recordings include date, time, latitude, longitude, altitude, course and speed.
The Flight Recorder allows you to review these recorded tracks in a number of ways. You can review each saved Location by looking at the numbers or by plotting them on a map. The recordings can also be emailed to your Mac or PC as a CSV file that can be opened as a spread sheet or as a Google Earth XML file that can be viewed in 3D.
During recording, the tracks are integrated with the Google maps. The maps can be displayed as either a Map or a Satellite photo. So next time you perform some S-Turns across a road, you can record the track and when you are back on the ground re-play it to see how well you maintained those equal radius turns on each side of the road.
3D Viewing on your MAC or PC!
You can also convert the tracks into a Google Earth .kml file.
A Google Earth .kml file can be emailed to your Mac or PC for use with Google Earth. This allows you to draw terrific 3D views of your flight. With the Google Earth 3D capability you can get a great view of your flight from all angles.
Fly it again!
The .KML file not only gives you the 3D view, but also allows you to use the Tour Control to play back the file and have you and your friends ride along. You can position your point of view just above the track and watch as the file plays following the track of your recorded flight. The view can actually be very similar to what you saw from the cockpit.
If you haven't seen these 3D views, please visit our web site to see some samples you will enjoy them.
You can set colorization levels for viewing the recording. For example instead of just having a simple line drawing of the flight you can show everything under 1,000 MSL as Red and below 2,000 as Yellow, 3,000 as Blue and so on. You can set color levels for Altitude, Speed and Accuracy.
With the color levels set to your selection the recorder can create some very interesting and informative drawings. For example if you were trying to hold a given altitude or speed during the flight you can set the Levels to a narrow band near your expected values and it can really bring out variations.
- Record a flight
- Save the recording
- View a live recording in progress
- Review the recorded flight
- View the flight colorized by speed, altitude or accuracy
- Review each individual location saved in the App or in a down-loadable CSV file
- Email the recording to your Mac or PC as Spreadsheet (CSV) or Google Earth 3D views (KML)
- Share the recording with other Android and iOS devices
Note: When used in the cockpit this App should be started before the flight, run in the background and be reviewed after the flight. It should not be allowed to create a distraction while in flight.
About CFI Tools
I'm a Pilot and a CFII. I build these Apps and other software for my own use.
Some other pilots saw them and said "Hey you should sell those".
So here they are for sale. I hope you enjoy them. Any suggestions for improvement or new Apps are always welcomed. Have a good flight.
Application to general aviation or commercial aviation
- Record your flights and get complete information such as:
Time on ground
Time on flight
Average speed, and
- Know exactly how many hours flown
- Review and analize your flights
- Export to KML format to see your flight in Google Earth three-dimensional shape
- View statistics of your flights in various categories
- No matter what type of aircraft you fly (piston aircraft, Jet aircraft or helicopter)
- Can be used even when you fly as a passenger
- Easy to use platform
- Easy setup
- APP developed for smartphones and tablets
Flight Map is a unique application that works as your own personal flight tracker (Sky map) while flying in an airplane. It shows where you currently are, speed, altitude and some other information about your flight. You can check the Estimated Time of Arrival of your flight while you are sitting on a plane. You can see how far from the target airport you are. You can also see and name the landmarks on the way, so that you know what you see from your window.
There are two more version of Flight Map - Flight Map FREE which you can try for free and see if it works on your device without some functionality and Flight Map HD which includes more detailed world map, but it comes at a price of consuming more space in your phone's memory.
Flight Map also displays visible and used GPS / GLONASS satellites, so you can use it as a GPS testing tool. The GPS function works when your phone is in airplane mode, because it does not broadcast any radio, it rather listens to the GPS satellites only.
- Real time position of the plane on the map
- Zoomable world map not dependent on a connection to internet
- Your own personal flight tracker
- Works when your phone is in Airplane mode, so it can be used anytime while in flight
- Recording your route and sharing it on the internet
- Database of world airports
- Entering destination as longitude / latitude coordinates
- Estimated Time to Destination and Time to Arrival depending on the plane type and position
- Dark / Light skin
- Metric / Imperial units
- Multilanguage (currently English, Spanish, Portugese, French, Russian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Czech, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Hungarian)
- Map can be fullscreen or split screen with real time flight data
- GPS / GLONASS Satellites real time display depending on your device capabilities
- Sunrise and sunset at present position
- Line to destination can be shown or hidden
- Altitude calculation calibrated either to sea level or destination altitude
Please note that Flight Map is heavily dependent on the quality of your device's GPS capabilities. If your device is capable of A-GPS (Assisted GPS), please run the application while on the ground, so that the satellites' positions get downloaded from the internet, it will be much easier for the device to pick up signal when in the air.
Please share your experience with various devices. Most of the time Flight Map works perfectly when sitting in a window seat and does not work too good when sitting two seats from the window or more. In any case we recommend to move the device to the window, let it pick up the satellites signal first and then try how far from the window it can pick up the signal. The screen showing the visible and used satellites is designed to help you with this.
If your device is capable of receiving GLONASS signal, the satellites are shown with a differently colored border. If you want to translate Flight Map into your language (or correct our translation), please contact the developer. The first run of the application takes a while because it needs to unpack the whole world map to be able to display it.
Polish translation thanks to Tomasz Pryca
Hungarian translation thanks to Dr. Istvan Lunczer
Upgrade to the full version to unlock these features:
* Customize the number of zombies & the rate that they spawn (lite version is limited to ten)
* Customize the number of zombie hunters (lite version is limited to two)
* Double-tap the screen to drop bombs
* Select a built-in background image, or choose one from your media gallery
* Integrated logbook with CSV export
* Stopwatch (count up & down)
* GPS navigation
* Nav database with over 38,000 airports - no data connection required!
Tap zombies to make their heads explode!
Double-tap to drop a bomb
Configure the number of zombies vs zombie hunters
Choose a custom background from your media gallery
Allow yourself to be mesmerized by the amazing patterns of Conway's Game of Life. Watch the patterns evolve right before your eyes! Tap the screen to launch a glider pattern.
Find the full version in the market for many more colors and customization options!