Moving map GPS for a little price!
Air Navigation for Android is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the Android it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map.
It contains free maps of the entire world as well as official aviation charts for many countries. The application costs a fraction of the price of a dedicated portable aviation GPS.
Air Navigation comes fully loaded with worldwide aviation waypoints (more than 160000). The database also contains airspace information for many countries. By using the database and maps, you can quickly plan your route, distance and estimated time of flight.
Real aircraft instrument HSI
Air Navigation imitates real aircraft instrument, gathering information from GPS to create realistic image. With Air Navigation you will not only get a moving map but also realistic images of the instrument HSI.
Please find the user manual on this web page:
To contact us regarding bugs, crash and other issues with the software, please use the support center:
Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/gpsairnavigator!
IMPORTANT: the new Android permissions requested when install or update the app (Send_SMS and Receive_SMS) are needed for the new MAYDAY feature. These options of send and/or receive SMS inside the app are entirely controlled by the user in the app Settings.
• real-time GPS moving map
• graphical visualization of country air space (experimental)
• database with more than 56.000 system waypoints
• create and manage your own user waypoints
• create and manage your routes and legs
• MAYDAY button: send an automatic SMS with current location (only in devices that support this feature) and activation of a route to the nearest waypoint
• show real-time flight tracks
• save flight tracks to GPX file for offline processing (visualize in specific apps or inside the GPS Air Navigator)
• export screenshots of your flights (for example to share on Fabebook)
• only one licence needed for all your Android devices
After install, you can try the app with the following limitations:
• you can save only two user waypoints;
• the app closes after 7 minutes of usage.
If you like GPS Air Navigator, you can buy a licence (10,99 EUR) using the button Buy inside the app, to use it without limitations.
Enjoy GPS Air Navigator!
**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
- This software provides ILS approach and GPS, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board. This application is completely autonomous.
- Warnings before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces
- Automatic and manual Logbook. The Logbook records:
a. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml file (Google Earth) or .gpx file)
b. departure and arrive airport
c. departure and arrive time
- Virtual radar - users can see another aircrafts in the air.
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles
- Free topographical map. Maps can be created by users using MOBAC, SAS PLANET or RMAP applications
- Free World navigation database
- Route planning, calculation of fuel consumption (depended on wind)
- Barometric altitude and vertical speed indicators – (requires your device to have a barometric sensor)
- External Bluetooth GPS support
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from/to Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file. Support for importing waypoints via txt file.
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items via Google Earth
- 4 portrait and 4 landscape screens (fully customized)
- Application can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA, DAL
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
Using application is at your own risk. FLY is FUN does not substitute any aircraft gauge or device. All data downloaded to this application can be incorrect and not valid. Information displayed by this application are without any warranties.
Trial version means that application needs restart after 10 minutes of using. For full version you need to purchase "FLY is FUN unlocker".
If your device do not have menu button look here:
- ILS guidance (GPS and barometric sensor based)
- VOR, NDB, DME, LOC, WPT etc. navigation (GPS based)
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level) - Ground proximity warning system
- Airspaces and navaids map
- AIRAC based the world navaid, WPTs, airports database
- Route planning
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from (to) Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file
- Recording your track and export it to .kml files (Google Earth)
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items in Google Earth
Many thanks to Olivier from France, Onuff from Russia, Vladimir from Australia and Juergen from Germany for their help.
See short user guide:
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B, density altitude
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your Android device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF and METAR briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between many different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR
NOTE: Requires registration of an email address since your NAV & MET reports are sent via email. If you do not wish to register, no point installing this app.
* Create your route by simply typing the list of desired waypoints (such as ICAO airport identifiers). For example, to specify a route from San Francisco International to Los Angeles International, enter: KSFO KLAX.
* Alternatively, create/edit route via Google Maps and Route-Editor
* Simply click a button to generate your Pilot's LOG (PLOG) comprising all your navigation calculations for your route. Moments later, your PLOG and MET reports are sent to you by email (as attached PDF files).
* The PLOG computation for drift uses the current MET (from METARS, TAFS, and global weather forecasting software) to determine winds aloft for each waypoint along the route (we call this "AutoMETic")
* The PLOG computations for magnetic heading use a numerical geomagnetic model to calculate the 1magnetic deviation for each and every waypoint for the current calendar date .
* The PLOG calculations provide altimetry (transition levels, flight levels, etc) and performance (density altitudes, freezing altitude, etc) calculations along the route (again using AutoMETic to determine localised temperatures and pressures for the basis of the computations).
* The PLOG calculations provide solar angle calculations (azimuth and zenith) along the route corresponding to the dates and times along the route, enabling, for example, to determine if any of the flight is conducted in darkness, or if any of the flight will be conducted "into the sun" (possibly affecting visibility) etc.
* The PLOG calculations include fuel consumption profile along the route (including consideration of fuel consumption for initial climb-out, and any en route changes in altitude).
* The PLOG calculations include range and endurance estimation for possible diversion from any point along the route, based on remaining fuel along the route.
* Ability to specify wide range of parameters for the PLOG calculations including altitude profile along the route, airspeed profile along the route, date and time of departure (including UTC offset for local time), waypoint at which the stopwatch is zeroed (e.g., to enable PLOG times to be computed relative to a specified starting waypoint which can be different from the departure airfield).
* Ability to save routes and waypoints for sharing with friends and/or the general public.
* Ability to save parameters for convenience and later re-use.
* Ability to set and save preferences such as aircraft performance parameters (IAS, climb rate, fuel consumption, fuel capacity, etc) used in the PLOG calculations.
* Ability to set and save preferences for dimensional units used in the PLOG parameters and reports.
* Creates open-standard GPX (".gpx") format and Garmin Flight Plan (".fpl") format files (included as additional file attachments in your PLOG email) containing your route for easy import into other software tools and navigation/avionics devices.
* Seamless inter-operability with the web-based version of iNavCalc (flylogical.com)
* Excellent for use in education and instruction of pre-flight navigation
* "Twitter Locator Beacon" (TLB) for broadcasting your current location via Twitter
The moving map in the well known IC*O-style supports the pilot with the navigation and thus leaves time for the bright side of flighing.
The integrated database includes over 4,500 airfields and waypoints from many european countries with information about airport names, frequency and runway information. A "double tab" on any point on the map shows this additional information.
By the support of the OpenAir file format, any airspaces (including gliding sectors) can be shown on the map.
Especially helpful: After downloading the desired maps (completely free) as well as the airspace files, VFRnav works completely offline and does not require an existing data connection at any time. Not even a SIM must be available in your smartphone. (Advise: For optimal battery life it is recommended to switch on the flight mode during your trip)
With the track recording feature you can track any flights. Tracks can be exported as KML files and/or sent by e-mail . Flown routes can be shown on Google Earth. The flight time recording also automatically records time and place of takeoff and landing and calculates the time of flight.
The development of VFRnav is made in close contact with the users. We set a high value on the intuitive use and usability as well as an Android typical app-design. In the current second version many ideas and suggestions have been implemented which have reached us in the past few months by e-mail. Thank you at this point for the extensive feedback.
The basic functions of VFRnav can be tested without any time limitation. If you like VFRnav, you can purchase a license for currently 49,95 Euros. This will give you free updates for one year. After the 12 months a lower priced update license can be purchased. VFRnav itself can be used unlimited.
By the way: The license is personal but not linked to any specific device. If you use multiple Android devices with the same Google account, your license is valid on all your devices.
Requirements: For the real time air navigation a device with GPS is required. Furthermore your smartphone or tablet needs at least 200 MB of free space. VFRnav has been tested on Android 2.2 up to 5 (Lollipop) . A minimum display resolution of 480x800 pixels is recommended.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.
Disclaimer: Please note that VFRnav is not an officially approved aid for the flight preparation and air navigation. A guarantee for the correctness and completeness of data cannot be given. We are not responsible for any use of this application. Please check the data displayed always with official maps of aviation.
VFRnav est une application de navigation aérienne pour les pilotes VFR.
Elle est particulièrement adaptée à la navigation en ULM, planeur ou avion léger.
- Les données aériennes disponibles dans VFR ne couvrent que la France métropolitaine, la Corse et une petite partie de la surface des pays frontalier de la France. La vente de VFR n'est ouverte à l'étranger que pour satisfaire la demande des pilotes francophones qui souhaitent utiliser VFR en bordure et à l'intérieur du territoire Français.
- La protection contre la copie de VFR impose une réactivation périodique (et gratuite) de sa licence. Pour que cette activation puisse se faire, une connexion internet est requise lors du démarrage de VFR, au moins une fois tous les 5 jours.
- NOT FOR OPERATIONAL USE ! VFR ne doit en aucun cas être votre seul moyen de préparation et de navigation et ne peut pas remplacer la documentation officielle à bord de votre aéronef.
* Affichage de la position GPS sur un fond de carte
- Google Maps (en vue "carte routière" ou en vue "photo satellite" pour les appareils compatibles et à condition d'être connecté à internet via un abonnement 3G).
- Embarqué basé sur des données OpenStreetMap à télécharger (en vue orientée nord ou orientée cap).
* Enregistrement de la trace GPS et export au format KML.
* Affichage de la vitesse (en km/h ou en noeuds), du cap et de l'altitude en pieds par rapport au niveau moyen de la mer (AMSL) ou par rapport au niveau estimé du sol (AGL).
* Possibilité de choisir les instruments affichés ainsi que leur disposition à l'écran par fichier de configuration.
* Possibilité de saisir une correction de l'altitude lue par le GPS pour tenir compte du GUND (non sphéricité de la Terre).
* Affichage, en surimpression de la carte, du contour des zones aériennes de France avec un code couleur en fonction de leur classe.
* Affichage des aérodromes, des bases ULM, alti-surfaces, vaches planeur identifiés par leur nom et un code couleur.
* Affichage des points de report des aérodromes.
* Affichage des pistes des aérodromes en surimpression de la carte avec indication de la position de leur seuil et de leur dénomination.
* Affichage des VOR, TACAN et NDB.
* Affichage en "tapant" sur la carte, des informations sur ce point : coordonnées, élévation, zones, infos AD et carte VAC ou fiche BASULM si disponible pour un AD.
* Téléchargement et mise à jour des cartes VAC et fiches BASULM directement depuis l'application.
* Affichage d'une vue de profil en avant de la trajectoire de l'avion avec le relief du sol et les zones aériennes.
* Visualisation de la projection de la trajectoire actuelle à 5 minutes avec un repère toutes les minutes sur la carte et sur la vue de profil.
* Possibilité de créer et enregistrer des routes constituées d'une succession de points avec consigne de vitesse et d'altitude.
* Possibilité d'importer une route au format GPX ou créée à partir du logiciel Navigation de François Fouchet (Foufou) qui accepte maintenant également l'import des traces de VFR.
* Possibilité de lister les aérodromes à proximité et d'afficher la route directe pour s'y rendre.
* Recherche par nom d'un AD, d'une balise de nav, d'une localité et fonction "Aller vers..."
* Affichage de l'écart de navigation par rapport à la route active (en vitesse, cap et altitude) via des indicateurs de couleur ou un HSI.
* Affichage du temps estimé pour le prochain point, pour la fin de la route et du cap à suivre pour le prochain point.
* Passage automatique au point suivant de la route en arrivant à proximité du point actif ou sélection manuelle du point actif.
* Affichage d'un log de Nav.
* Possibilité de "rejouer" une trace GPS enregistrée pour simuler un fonctionnement réel en navigation et "prendre en main" l'application, avec un mode pause et un curseur permettant l'avance rapide et le retour arrière.
* Prise en charge des orientations "portrait" et "paysage" de l'appareil.
For $49.99 you receive the Anywhere Map Freedom app with all of the geo-referenced US sectional and enroute charts as well as all of the US Approach Plates. The purchase includes a full year of updates to the map and chart data.
• Track up or North up
• Day mode or night mode
• Approach plate on map and/or dedicated approach plate
• Patented Cones of Safety®
• TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System) graphics
• Vertical Navigation (VNAV) guidance with target altitudes at waypoints
• Virtual Glideslope / Localizer to any runway endpoint
• Unlimited custom views allow for extensive map customization
Aeronautical Digital Database features:
• Fixes, navaids, airports, private airports
• Victor airways including MEAs
• Localizers and marker beacons
• Runway info including paved / unpaved and lighting
• Radio frequencies including AWOS
• Class B/C/D airspace boundaries
• MOA / Restricted / Alert / Prohibited areas
• SFR and TFR graphical depiction
Surface map features
• 100 meter Terrain elevation resolution – sharpest in the industry
• TAWS warning or shaded terrain
• Radio towers and obstacles
Geo-Referenced Graphical Chart Features
• Seamless Sectional Charts
• Seamless Low Enroute Charts
• Approach Plates and Airport diagrams--can be over-laid on moving map screen
• STARS, DPs, Minimums, and TERP Reference pages with page-flip buttons for multi-page documents
Find Nearby Functions:
• Nearby Airports / VORs / ATIS / AWOS / ATC / FSS frequencies
Internet based weather depictions
• Nexrad mosaic overlays on any view
• Graphical Metar Flags
• Terminal Forecasts
• NOAA weather graphic charts--Progs, Winds Aloft, Freezing Levels
Flight Planning & Route Creation
• Drag and Drop on screen flight planning
• Universal finder airport / waypoint search tool
• Victor airway based route wizard
• Flight plan screen with fuel usage calculations
• Winds Aloft compensation for better fuel consumption estimates and ETA
• Unlimited Aircraft profiles includes fuel use, glide ratio, and weight and balance
• Unlimited User Waypoint entry
• Track history / Breadcrumbs
Alerts and reminders – Personal Digital CoPilot®
• Switch Fuel tanks
• Check fuel pump
• Check Landing Gear
• Begin Descent
• Check Oxygen
• Obstacle Ahead warning
• Flight following – altitude and heading hold assistance
Map Screen Display and Formatting options
• Compass Rose overlay
• Graphical Metar Flags on map
• Day and night mode color schemes
• Graphical depiction of grass runways
• Knots / MPH quick toggles
• Track / Bearing display
• ETE / ETA times to destination or next waypoint
• E-HSI slaves to flight plan or the runway centerline
• Destination weather graphic
• Flight Timer – only runs when aircraft is moving.
• Elapsed timer
• Winds aloft / TAS / Density altitude calculations
• Weight and balance calculator
• User customizable quick tools menu
• Regional download controls
Device must have a dual core processor and at least 512Mb of RAM.
Anywhere Map Freedom is intended for use in North America, and includes US charts ONLY.
- No subscription! As long as the FAA provides the charts for free, you never pay again
- Optimized for tablets and phones
- Instant-search for airport, city, state or route
- Favorites and Recents for quick access to your most used airports
- Includes Airport diagrams, Minimums, STARS and DPs
Approach Charts is not a legal replacement for paper Instrument Approach Charts
You can create your own flightplan from airport to airport. Add custom waypoints or search for any fix, navaid or airport to add to your plan. Supply the current winds, indicated airspeed and cruise height and the planner will automaticly calculate the distances, wind correction angles leg-times and total travel times.
When you start your flight, in the simulator or in a real plane with the build-in gps, your track is recorded and stored in the database for later viewing.
When your online and planning your flight all the maps you view are cached and loaded when your doing your real flight offline..
In addition to the use the flightplanning tool there is also a "Direct to" option. If a flightplan is activated, with this function you can directly select your alternate airport, or you can search for any airport, navaid or fix to go to. The direct-to line is drawn on the map and will track the position of your plane.
There is a wide choice of map overlays available, You can use just the standard google map types or for the US the complete bundle of all the available AAF aviation map types is available. Furthermore we have around the world basic coverrage of airspaces overlays available. Also some weather overlay options are available, like wind arrows, pressurelines, clouds and North-American weather radar. For airspaces and AAF map overlays there is a cache mechanism which stores the images on your device for max 14 days for offline viewing.
For connection to your sim you need to install a small piece of serversoftware which can be found at:
(1) Voice vertical guidance into any airport. This helps flying consistent & safer short field VFR approaches into runways with no vertical guidance.
(2) "Flight Analysis" to review the approach precision and improve from feedback on every flight.
How does it work? (reference 1st App Screenshot)
* Connect Phone audio to headset, adjust audio volume
* Select desired approach
* Identify "Green Arrow" in HSI and turn aircraft to Top of Descent. (67 deg)
* Localizer bar is "red" indicating that loc is past the right limit.
* Localizer will turn "yellow" once in range
* "White Arrow" in HSI is the direction of touchdown point. (60 deg)
* "Yellow Arrow" in HSI is the direction of final approach course. (37 deg)
* Descent to "TOD altitude" (top of descent) using aircraft altimeter as reference
* Now a GREEN glide slope bar will appear and be centered
* As we approach the TOD and the synthetic ILS GP in "yellow" is coming down
* YELLOW ILS glide slope and the GREEN TOD glide slope will merge at TOD
* Passing the TOD turn to the final approach course shown as "yellow" arrow
* Descent with the YELLOW ILS glide slope
* Voice will announce: "50 up", "Center", "Down 100" etc....
* Menu: "Request Flight Analysis" after landing, suggest connecting via wifi
* Examples and details at: http://www.reuter-family.com/gpsils/GPSILS_Details.pdf. Thank You to Timothy Nathan
Watch the example video of on an actual ILS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdUUd-kZw
We are approaching the localiser on a 125 heading and a TOD altitude of 1200ft. We are about 60 ft too low. The Green, White and Yellow arrows show the direction to the TOD point, the touchdown zone and the approach course respectively.
As the localizer comes in we turn to 207 for the intercept.
As we approach the TOD the Green and Yellow GP merge. The green arrow swings around to the left indicating that we pass TOD on the right.
The decent with the GP starts. The white arrow is now hidden behind the yellow arrow. The TOD is now behind us and hence the green arrow is pointing to our 6 o' clock position.
The voice announcement are suppressed. However you can see the announcements in the upper left of the phone screen. "Up 80" for example. The app shows an altitude of 510 ft at touchdown. According to the charts the runway is at 517 ft.
Once we pass the touchdown zone the white arrow moves to the 6 o'clock position.
Note, we used an external Bluetooth GPS on the glare shield with a 5 Hz update frequency. Any change in color of the "accuracy" field indicates a new GPS data point. CAUTION, usage of the internal phone GPS may materially reduce the accuracy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyAXyufBK8&feature=youtu.be shows a good match between GPS and ILS. At 1000 ft agl the tower switches the approach from circle to land to straight in. Compare the two glide slopes.
Further comparison of the app to an actual ILS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLHkozNBRw
Courchevel with Audio announcement for altitude correction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__OlISD3xg
Scenic Courchevel (LFLJ) approach: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY
The app asks for the pilots e-mail address. The address is attached to log files and makes it possible to send comments back. Privacy is ensured. Upload/download of data may best be done when connected to internet via wifi. The data stays private.
To add more approaches drop me an e-mail or press the request button on the phone. 37,000 approaches can be down loaded via "Menu->Download Approaches".
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org Disclaimer: The software and data is as is. The author assumes no responsibility or liability either directly or indirectly.
Big "Thank You" to Mark Rae and Timothy Nathan who worked on improving the UI, database checks and test flights.
Tired from the messy checklist papers? You always lose them?
From now It's finished, We've got the solution!
Why we need all the mess with the papers if we can pull out the device out from our pocket and start checking? In the 21st century everything is going in the digital way.
The app contains 14 checklist categories and more than 150 checklist items.
• PRESTART CHECKLIST
• STARTUP CHECKLIST
• BEFORE TAXI CHECKLIST
• TAXI CHECKLIST
• BEFORE TAKEOFF CHECKLIST
• TAKEOFF CHECKLIST
• CLIMBOUT CHECKLIST
• CRUISE CHECKLIST (ABOVE FL 180)
• DESCENT CHECKLIST
• APPROACH CHECKLIST
• LANDING CHECKLIST
• TAXI TO RAMP CHECKLIST
• SHUTDOWN CHECKLIST
• SECURING AIRCRAFT
If you like our app and you think it is helpful, Show us your support by leaving a review and rate the app.
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/boeing.737.checklist
Keywords: boeing, 737, checklist, plane, free, fly, ad-free, android, pro, full, fsx, fs9, fs2004, simulator
It's absolutely free version & ad-free!
Basic functions include:
- Count down timer in seconds.
- Count down in degrees ("S.Rt.") for Standard Rate turns, useful in making a 180 degree turn for example.
- One minute punch in for hold patterns.
- Option to use any phone button to start/stop.
- Vibration alert.
- Tone alert.
- Maximum time out of 100 minutes.
This app can show you all flight routes from one airport and even more information(IATA 3 Letter Code...).
- Search for an airport with Name, City or IATA Code
- Show all Routes from one Airport
- Search for a special route with origin and destination given
- Search for a airline with name or IATA Code
- Detailed Timetable/plane tickets