Improve your autobiographical memory in a way that is personally relevant to you by using photographs that you have taken, presented in the form of date quizzes!
MemZy is simple to use.
Launch the app and it randomly selects a photo / image from your device and displays it with a choice of 3 or 6 dates (user selectable setting that defaults to 3). Select the date and time that you believe goes with the photo on display. If you select correctly you will see “MemZy!” flash on the bottom of the screen. Otherwise, you see “OOPs Try Again!”
The quiz will contain 10 questions (if you have at least 10 photos available on your device) chosen from up to 1000 of your most recent photos. At the end of the quiz you will receive a score based on the number of correct and incorrect choices.
It’s a very simple but useful game if you want to improve your recollection of dates. Take pictures every day so that you can use them with MemZy to develop your own historical memory.
1) The initial photo is usually displayed with some cropping to fill the available view. However, you can view the full image by tapping the photo on display. While in “Full View” mode, simply rotate the phone if the image would be better viewed in a different orientation. Once you are done looking at the full view of the photo, return to the quiz in progress by tapping on Memzy icon on the top left corner of the screen, or by tapping return.
2) The quiz is currently displayed in portrait mode only.
3) The available settings are as follows:
a.Number of Choices - number of dates to choose from can be set to 3 or 6, and defaults to 3.
b.Time Span for Quiz – the time span for photo selection to use in the quiz can be set to “All, “Last 24 Hours”, “One Week”, “One Month” or “One Year”, and MemZy defaults to “All”.
4) Settings can be accessed in the top right corner of the display in the Action Bar.
5) When launching MemZy it searches for photos in the "DCIM/Camera" folder and, if found, it uses the images contained there to set up your quiz. If it does not find the "DCIM/Camera" folder it will state "Need 1 or more images to play. Try taking some pictures or increasing the time span setting."
6) If you switch to the camera app to take pictures while running MemZy you can return to MemZy and select the refresh button from the overflow menu if you want the new pictures to be included in the quiz.
7) If 1 to 9 photos / images are found, MemZy will limit the quiz to the number of available photos / images.
8) After a quiz is completed you will be prompted to "Exit MemZy" or "Reset Quiz". If you reset the quiz, MemZy selects pictures for the next quiz, avoiding overlaps if possible.
9) The date choices are selected such that they are more challenging for recent photos, by including several times for the same date when using recent photos.
CAUTION: User discretion is advised as any image in the "DCIM/Camera" folder may be used for the quiz, This is no different from using the Android “Gallery” application that also makes all images in the "DCIM/Camera folder available to the user.
NOTE: MemZy does not transmit, copy, edit or alter any of your photos / images. It only reads them locally for displaying the quiz.
MemZy was developed by OnTierraHealth Technology (www.ontierrahealth.com). Our mission is to develop apps to support a healthier human population anticipating a healthier aging experience, and to play a role in the transition from reactive to proactive health care.
For support purposes please use the following link:
or the following email: email@example.com
The Feature Image Graphic contains a PET scan derived from public domain image taken by Jens Maus.