Direct download link: http://j.mp/hssa341
Hotspot Shield is a free VPN for Android. Our VPN offers Wi-Fi security, online privacy, and access to blocked content & apps like Facebook, Netflix, BBC, Skype and YouTube via proxy. Activate Hotspot Shield VPN with 1 simple click!
• Use our VPN to access blocked websites & apps such as Facebook, YouTube, Netflix, BBC, ITV Player & Pandora
• Get unrestricted access to mobile VoIP services and messaging apps like Skype & Viber
• Choose from virtual locations in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, UK, US
• Secure all online activity with banking-level encryption on any public or private network
• Hide your IP address, identity & location from websites & online trackers for maximum privacy & security while preventing personal information theft
• Our free VPN detects and blocks known malware & fraudulent phishing sites in real-time
• Bypass firewalls, browse anonymously to avoid being tracked
• Hotspot Shield free VPN & Web proxy offers the best wifi hotspot security
Hotspot Shield Free VPN & Proxy has been featured in Forbes, CNET, CNN, New York Times.
PC Magazine “By using VPN technology to encrypt all traffic…. Hotspot Shield VPN protects all digital communication including browsing, e-mail, text messaging, and communication by apps.”
Lifehacker "If you're concerned about threats like Firesheep or you know how easy it is to sniff out passwords and cookies, you may want to give the app a try."
★★★★★ "Control your internet Privacy and Security - I've now tried them all (VPNs) as I travel 200k miles each year. This is the only VPN that works consistently, especially in MENA and APAC. This is the only one with REAL support. If you want the Internet privacy, security (& Pandora when you are outside the US), then look no further. JMHO" – Cster
Upgrade to Elite for Unlimited VPN Protection
Our Elite VPN for Android gives you unlimited bandwidth, access to all virtual locations, and ad-free internet browsing. Use one Elite account for VPN & Proxy protection on up to 5 devices. Hotspot Shield Elite VPN offers 2 recurring subscription models and comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
• 6 month plan: $19.99, $3.33/month.
• 1 year plan: $29.95, $2.50/month.
* Subscriptions will auto-renew unless canceled.
Our free VPN offers the same level of security but is supported with ads and has bandwidth limits.
App Permissions are asked to enhance internet security.
Some devices are not compatible with Hotspot Shield. Please contact your device manufacturer with questions.
Hotspot Shield Free VPN is not compatible with Android OS 3.x versions.
For Android OS 2.x: If you have other VPN apps installed, please disconnect them.
We support 3G/4G mobile connections, wifi and any other internet access.
Founded in 2005, AnchorFree™ is the biggest VPN company in the world with over 300 million downloads. We own and manage hundreds of servers to support millions of VPN users every day. AnchorFree™ was chosen as one of the most promising companies in the US by Forbes Magazine, as well as the fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
Follow us on…
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hotspotshield | @HotspotShield
If you have issues downloading with Google Play, please use this direct download link: http://j.mp/HSSAndroid346
Copyright © 2015 AnchorFree, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Improve your mobile experience by easily converting your phone into a WiFi hotspot.
This widget was designed with user experience in mind, therefore design, simplicity and speed is the aim.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AFTER YOU'VE INSTALLED IT:
Please note that this is a widget and NOT an application, so you will not see it listed on your application list (app drawer).
After you have installed this widget from the Google Play store, you will need to navigate to your widget list in order to place it on your home screen.
NOTE: You will need to configure the phone's hotspot setting before using this widget, if you haven't done so already.
HOW TO CONFIGURE THE HOTSPOT:
(Android Jelly Bean): Settings->More..->Tethering & portable hotspot->Setup Wi-Fi hotspot
As you can expect, we cannot test this widget on every available Android phone out in the market, so we can guarantee normal functionality only on the devices listed below mostly running on Gingerbread and JellyBean versions. Please do feel free to try this on other devices and give us your feedback if you have any issue so it will help us improve this further and support more devices.
Google Galaxy Nexus
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus One
Google Nexus S
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sharp AQUOS SH80F
Sharp AQUOS Zeta
Sony Xperia Z
This widget will not work on some HTC handsets because HTC have implemented their hotspot API's slightly different to default android.
If you experience problems with this widget on devices not listed above (other than HTC), then please give us a chance to fix the issue by emailing us, instead of giving us a bad review.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
✓ NetworkRank shows which carrier is best in your area.
✓ See local cell towers.
✓ Free and ad-free
You can also:
✓ Help improve our crowdsourced and impartial maps by contributing data.
✓ Share your findings and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ test upload, download and latency
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs).
We use Google Maps in our apps, email us if you cannot access Google Maps, email us to request another map technology.
The Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!).
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint (CDMA) users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
- Find hotspots around your current location
- Search for alternative locations
- View hotspots on a map, in a list, or though augmented reality
- Get details about hotspot locations like phone numbers, website addresses, etc
- Search for hotspots even while you’re offline
- Choose which offline data you would like to install
- Get directions to any hotspot using your preferred directions provider
- Save hotspots as favourites.
- Refine your search to find particular types of hotspot
- Share hotspots through your social media accounts
Application will help you share your 3G, 4G network with any device can use your wifi network!
Broadcasting wifi from mobile network - GPGS/3G/4G free
Turn your phone into a Wi-Fi base stations , this is a feature available on most Android phones , but you might not know ! Try now !
Usage details :
1. Enter Wifi Name: Your Wifi Hotspot Name from 3G, 4G network
2. Enter Password: Password of Your Wifi Hotspot must more then 8 character
3. Press START to begin
-Press STOP to close Wifi Hotspot
-Press USER to see current device connecting to your Wifi Hotspot
Thank you !
With Wifi Hotspot Free from 3G, 4G by phone , you can create your own personal Hotspot to connect Broadcasting and Wifi Internet device all at once . With wireless transmitting wireless telephone you can share the connection with other phone GPGS/3G/4G , your tablet , laptop , gaming system and other research tools .
Wifi Hotspot Free from 3G 4G is wifi hotspot tethering from mobile to computer, laptop, smartphone, gaming,...!
With Wifi Hotspot Free you can share your mobile network (2G, 3G, 4G - LTE) to your computer, your laptop, other smartphone or any device is support wifi connection with few click:
1. Open app
2. Enter your Wifi Name
3. Enter your Wifi Password (Password must more than 8 characters and not blank)
4. Click START button to start, click STOP button to close your wifi tethering, click USER to see who connecting to you wifi hotspot
Broadcasting wifi from your mobile network - GPGS/3G/4G free of your android smartphone - It's easy and total FREE
Turn your phone into a Wi-Fi base stations, this is a feature available on most Android phones, but you might not know ! Try Wifi Hotspot Tethering now and free.
You can connect any device to your wifi base station.
Thank you so much!
With Wifi Hotspot Tethering Free from 3G, 4G by phone, smartphone, you free to create your personal Hotspot to connect Broadcasting and Wifi Internet device all at once. With wireless transmitting wireless telephone you can share the connection with other phone GPGS/3G/4G, your tablet, laptop, gaming system and other research tools .
Your Wi-Fi name and your Wi-Fi password is saved to reuse next time, you don't need to enter them again, it's so easy to you!
This widget will allow you to turn on the portable WiFi hotspot feature on your Android smartphone with a single touch.
1-The BEST and EASIEST way to share your Internet. This app is a widget that shows the ID and KEY of the hotspot so now is very easy to share them with your friends.
2-Remember: You just can share your data plan connection, not the Wifi.
3-Check before if your carrier allow the Wifi hotspot (Wireless tethering) option.
4-You phone will turn into a wifi. You friends would be able to use your internet connection as a wifi.
5-Using your phone as a hotspot wifi, you will save money, because you don't have to pay for a wifi plan at home.
HOW TO CONFIGURE YOUR HOTSPOT:
(Android Jelly Bean and Kitkat): Settings->More..->Tethering & portable hotspot->Setup Wi-Fi hotspot
NOTE: Not Working on Samsung GALAXY S5 right now!
It may not work in some devices.
1. One touch Hotspot.
2. Choose your own Hotspot Name & Password.
3. Auto-Save hotspot name & pasword. (can be cleared)
4. No restrictions on bandwidth.
5. Unlimited minutes.
6. Root NOT Required.
The simplest way to create a portable WiFi Hotspot.
Some carriers might not allow hotspot feature, please verify it with your carrier and don't blame us for that!
Based on your location, Wifi free offers you nearby wifi hotspot password within 5 kilometers.
-Easy to find
You can take the initiative to find the wifi hotspot you are interested in area such as cafe, hotel, city, country.
All wifi passwords are shared by users, and the availability will be automatically detected by WiFi Free.
-Around the world
Now available wifi password over ten million, all over the world, including the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, America, Europe, Asia, Russian and all former USSR Countries, Middle East, Oceania and other countries and regions.
Using the reminder function for a wifi hotspot, WiFi Free will remind you, when the wifi hotspot is available.
WiFi Free will never initiatively record any wifi hotspot information on your phone unless you initiatively share a wifi hotspot.
Use the Chromecast app to:
• Set up your Chromecast and connect it to your Wi-Fi network
• Set up backdrop and personalize your TV screen with art, personal photos, news and more.
• Manage your Chromecast settings (such as changing your device name, Wi-Fi password, etc.)
• Upload or download multiple files at once
• Upload entire folder structures (Google Chrome only)
• Delete, rename, copy, zip or unzip files
• Compatible with all modern operating systems that provide a web browser (Windows, Mac OS, Linux etc.)
• Password authentication (optional)
• Shortcuts to photo, video and music directories
• Runs as a background service
• View photos directly in your web browser
• Autostart service when connected to home network (optional)
• Provides access to external SD cards and USB storage devices
• Works while the device is in hotspot mode
• In order to use this app, your computer and your phone need to be on the same local area network.
• If you would like to use this app on public WiFi networks, please make sure to set an access password in the app settings.
ADVANTAGES OVER THE FREE VERSION
• This paid version allows you to upload files of any size while the free version is limited to 5 MB per file.
Feel free to send any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions to email@example.com.
Instead contact us on insomnia(at)gosar.de. The rating is useless for feedback as it provides no email address for us to contact you for details about feature request etc.
Stay connected to the strongest available WIFI, including unknown, but unsecured networks. That's the main task of Wifi Jumper!
The complete feature list:
- Automatically connect to the strongest available WIFI (scaninterval configurable)
- Even unknown, but unsecured networks can be used automatically (configurable)
- Messages and icons in status bar (configurable)
- Autostart after boot (configurable)
- Optional: create Wifi Zones based on one or more Radio Cells to automatically start and stop Wifi Hardware.
- Automatically adds new Radio Cells to known Wifi Zones while connected to WIFI
- Show Zone on Map (if Google Maps is installed)
- Optional: define "Airplane Mode Timezones" with the "Airplane Mode Scheduler" to automatically start/stop airplane mode (DOES NOT WORK WITH ANDROID >= 4.2 !!!)
- Saves an high amount of energy if all features are used
- Easy to use
- Multilingual (german, english)
- no support for custom roms!
- wifi zones work only on devices with telephony features
- Due to new restrictions by Google, the airplane mode scheduler is not working with android >= 4.2
Wifi Jumper automatically connects your device to the strongest available known WIFI network. Unknown, but unsecured networks are also supported to be connected to. Additionally, one can define "WIFI Zones" based on the current radiocell, in which your WIFI hardware will automatically be activated.
Leaving a Wifi Zone, Wifi Jumper will turn off WIFI hardware and saves energy. New cell-Ids for already defined Wifi Zones are added automatically while connected to a known WIFI.
In order to save even more energy, you are able to define timezones in which the airplanemode will be automatically (de-)activated. The advantages are not limited to energy saving: no radiation and disturbance while sleeping. Wifi Jumper is the perfect solution for many minor issues, but in only one app.
Note: Wifi Jumper uses android functionality that didn't support App2SD. We strongly recommend to make no use of App2SD!
Wifi Jumper needs the following permissions (reason):
- Location (determine position of WIFI Location on a map)
- Telephony (gather system-id)
- System utilities (autostart, airplanemode start/stop, WIFI start/stop)
- Networking (license check, scan for networks und status)
Note: Please give us a chance to improve Wifi Jumper. Let us know about any bad experiences and problems with Wifi Jumper before leaving any bad comments. We work hard to fix any issues reported by our customers. Thank you very much!
v1.61: Prevent install on sd card. Launchers restriction for widgets
v1.6: Removed icon from app launcher
A WIDGET (home long tap->widgets to add, or select widgets from app-list) to enable/disable build-in hot-spot (Wifi tethering) feature on android 2.2+.
* Completely free and unlimited
* Unblock sites and content
* Encrypt data
* Mask IP address and location
* Protect Wifi networks
* Bypass firewalls
* Simple low-touch interface
* Friendly user support
Why Hotspot VPN?:
Hotspot is an unlimited and free VPN service that bypasses all restricted websites and services such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Just one tap in our app sends you on your way to being protected, anonymized, and unhindered in your web browsing experience. Give us a try today!
Shows the Wi-Fi channels around you. Helps you to find a less crowded channel for your wireless router.
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
Hotspot Control does away with those requirements, assuming that the hotspot functionality itself is actually still present and operational on the device. Rooting is *usually* not required.
THIS IS NOT DESIGNED TO BEAT YOUR CARRIER'S TETHERING PROTECTION, OR LET YOU TETHER FOR FREE - For some people it does (it depends on how that protection is implemented) but this is not what the app was made for. It's no use complaining that it doesn't do this for you. This app is designed to circumvent some issues when setting up a *local* hotspot so your devices can communicate with eachother, *not* with the internet (though that also works on several devices).
You can configure the access point (hotspot) name and password, encryption used is alway WPA2 AES + TKIP, to keep it simple.
On some devices that do not have a cellular data connection capability (like the Nexus 10) the hotspot will not give out IP addresses - the app will auto-detect this situation and fix it, but root is required for that option. Note that without root on these devices, the connected devices can still communicate if you configure their IP addresses manually, but that is something for the advanced user.
I personally need this to create a private network (even without a SIM, and thus without an actual *internet* connection) in the field between a number of my devices. Some genius at Samsung decided that my Note II shouldn't create an access point if no SIM is present - I beg to differ! Maybe someone else has use for this as well.
For discussion and questions, see the thread on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2230848
To use it, install it on both your phone and your tablet, so they can connect.
If it is "not available on your carrier", get the APK here: https://opengarden.com/download
Android 4.4.x (KitKat) has several VPN bugs, so Open Garden will not work:
✓ Share your Mobile Internet (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G) for free with your Android tablet or Windows / OS X laptop
✓ Access more Wi-Fi hotspots through other phones, tablets and laptops running Open Garden
✓ Stay connected to the Internet automatically whenever your tablet or laptop doesn't have access to Wi-Fi
✓ Extend the range of existing networks by linking multiple devices together
✓ Faster and more reliable Internet by crowdsourcing connectivity from nearby devices running Open Garden
Open Garden requires Bluetooth and to be installed on all devices, such as your Android phone, tablet or laptop. Once installed devices will automatically connect (in about 2 minutes). Wi-Fi direct is supported where available.
Your laptop or Android tablet can now access mobile Internet coming from your phone anywhere they have no Wi-Fi. No buttons to press and nothing to configure, everything is done automatically once the app is installed on all devices.
When more devices running Open Garden are nearby, they automatically interconnect to create a peer-to-peer mesh network.
To detect nearby peers, we use location services. That includes GPS, if no other location service is available and functioning. Connections can also be initiated manually using NFC - just tap the devices together!
The Open Garden app is completely free. Open Garden usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have and no tethering or hotspot plan is needed.
Open Garden works like a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot and provides you with the same benefits as tethering applications.
It is comparable to PDA Net or EasyTether but doesn't require the use of a USB cable. It works without root like FoxFi, but doesn't limit your usage if you don't pay. And unlike Wifi Tether or Barnacle no root access is required.
Open Garden is a wireless mesh networking application that also turns any of your devices into a portable hotspot. When installed on your laptop and your Android phone, Open Garden enables use of software like Skype, Dropbox and any mail client or browser on your laptop. Access Internet on the go as if you were at home!
Twitter: @opengarden https://twitter.com/OpenGarden
Help us improve Open Garden and get support: http://forum.opengarden.com
Related app on iOS: FireChat #FireChat
Now you can chat with people around you – even if there is no Internet connection or mobile phone coverage.
Whether you’re on the beach or in the subway, at a big game or a trade show, camping in the wild or at a concert, or even on a plane, simply fire up the app with a friend or two, and find out who else is there.
With FireChat, you can create live chatrooms and invite anyone to chat about anything that interests you - whether it's the NY Yankees, Game of Thrones, League of Legends or Italian food. The chatrooms work both online and offline and can gather more than 10,000 people. It's super simple, just type a hashtag in any message and you will have automatically created a new live chatroom.
FireChat is great for communities of all sizes: with this free simple app and your smartphones, you can create your own communications network and take it with you, no matter where you go.
Get FireChat and start something!
We’re Open Garden. Welcome to a new era of open communications.
Please meet us on Twitter @FireChatApp and Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FireChatApp
• Instantly chat with anyone around you,
• Works even without any Internet connection or mobile phone coverage ,
• Builds a network for off-the-grid communications, between devices located 200 feet of one another,
• Multihop capabilities extend the range of peer-to-peer communications,
• Create your own live chatrooms for live public discussions with as any as tens of thousands of people,
• Simply type a hashtag in any message to create a new live chatroom,
• Invite people to any existing chatroom about topics that interest you,
• Choose your own unique username, displayed name and profile picture.
After installing WiFi Opener, you can choose to share the password of a WiFi network in range which allows other WiFI Opener users to automatically connect to that network when they're in range. And, like a can opener for WiFi, the sweet tasty internet is released from the cold oppressive metal of passwords.
✓ Share wifi passwords with your friends, your co-workers, your community, other Wifi Opener users
✓ Sync passwords between your multiple Android devices (phone, tablet, media player) seamlessly
✓ Get automatically connected whenever a shared wifi is available
✓ Remove or update already shared Wifi network passwords
(WiFi Opener is not a password breaker and does not add security threats to networks and users that don't already exist. Every user who has shared the password with the community has done so by choice.)
Twitter: @opengarden https://twitter.com/OpenGarden
Help us improve Open Garden and get support: http://forum.opengarden.com
Our battery usage calculation is far more accurate than the built-in Android Settings battery manager. In addition, we give you precise mAh.
We build aggregate battery statistics for Android apps across a network of devices, so we can predict battery problems before they drink your juice.
Developers don't know when they ship a battery-hungry update to their app, but we can warn you about it before your battery gets low. Maybe there's just a misbehaving app or task, eating more battery for you than other people? We can warn you about that too.
Using Battery Saver, you can check for exactly what is draining your battery. Battery statistics are based on usage since last charge.