Designed to be:
• Simple to use
• Compatible with phones and tablets
• Free to try
A fully customisable communication app for anyone who has difficulty communicating non verbally.
This app leads to a more structured way of forming a sentence, so each word suggests what the next word would be.
"I want" leads to food, drink, people, places etc.
"I want" "a person" leads to Dad, Mum, Teacher each with their own photo
The sentence then becomes
"I want Mum"
In this app every image can changed. You can select the image from your gallery, downloads or photograph an existing image or item. So you can make it match existing symbols the child is used to using and photographs of the actual people or item the child knows.
The size of the list is also limited to eight icons to a page to make it nice and easy to see all the options.
Use photographs or images which are familiar to the user.
Long click ANY icon to edit it's picture or text.
All text user configurable.
Comes with sample/starter set of images, menus and phrases.
Communication can be kept simple for younger children or those of limited ability and grow as their ability grows.
User selectable languages or the app will adapt to the phone default language.
TapToTalk turns an Android Phone or Tablet into an augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) device. TapToTalk makes communication fun, like another “game” on this cool device. Just tap a picture and TapToTalk speaks. Each picture can lead to another screen of pictures.
This free TapToTalk™ app allow users to choose among different sets of AAC albums based on the needs of the non-verbal child or adult. Samples albums are available for children and adults and in different languages; including English, Spanish, French, German and Italian.
TapToTalk is a must have app for special needs children with autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, apraxia and other speech delays.
TapToTalk has earned the Parent Tested, Parent Approved Seal of Approval.
Parents of special needs children and adults.. join the AAC revolution with TapToTalk!
If you want to create albums that are individualized to meet the specific needs of your child, you can buy TapToTalk Designer at http://www.taptotalk.com. You can use your own pictures and change the voices. THE FREE APP IS PROVIDED TO ALLOW YOU TO SEE IF IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE ADULT OR CHILD BEFORE YOU BUY OR TRY DESIGNER. TapToTalk Designer comes with a 30-day "No Questions Asked" return policy.
Some of JABtalk features include:
-Navigation designed to be intuitive for toddlers
-Build sentences from words
-Organize words into user-defined categories for simple navigation
-Heptic feedback (vibration) when touching a word or category for immediate physical feedback
-Ability to rearrange and resize pictures
-Download unlimited number pictures from internet directly into JABtalk!
-Ability to capture pictures directly from your device's camera
-Ability to import pictures from your device's memory card
-Ability to record your own audio for words using your devices microphone.
-Ability to import audio files from a memory card
-Supports text-to-speech if you don't want to record or import your own audio files
-Easy to use passcode protected administrative tools for managing words and categories
-Fullscreen mode to prevent kids from easily exiting app
-Easily backup/restore your data to preserve your changes or move your entire dataset to a different device
-Online tutorials at http://www.jabstone.com/videos
If you are using JABtalk as an AAC device for an individual with special needs (down syndrome, autism, etc...), we strongly recommend having the individual assessed by a speech-language pathologist to ensure JABtalk is the most appropriate solution for the the individual's needs.
TwoSpeak is an augmentative and alternative communication tool, AAC, to foster the development of communication skills. The application features easy-to-use technology for those who are developing basic language skills and are new to the use of assistive technology.The TwoSpeak teaching system is a low-cost alternative to assistive technology devices costing hundreds of dollars.
Description and Example:
The Two Speak app records 10 seconds audio for playback at the touch of sound-storing buttons. To use the TwoSpeak application, the parent or therapist can record a message for the learner to use. To teach cause and effect for the word 'more,' the user can record the word 'more' before asking questions like: 'Would you like more water?' or 'Would you like to play more?' At first the learner must be guided to press the button to show that it makes sound. Following the response of playback, the parent or therapist should allow more play time or give the learner more water. This linking of question, response, and action will assist in developing more complex levels of communication.
This application is free for all users. Please provide feedback; we do our best to improve our programs.
MTE Mercy does not recommend that this product be used as a substitute for speech therapy. This tool is intended to enhance the learning experience of both parent and therapist.
TwoSpeak is a developing application that is open-source. Check it out on github.com.
With the app you can create categories, words and phrases, which are placed on large buttons. With these buttons you can create messages that can be shown or spoken.
Speech language and voice
The voice is not part of the app, but the app uses the voice that’s installed on your device. For instance the voices from Google Text-to-Speech. You can change the voice in the settings of your device. You can also download other voices or speech languages from the Google Play Store from companies like SVOX, Acapela or Ivona.
Feedback and information
For feedback, questions, tips or problems, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: http://www.asoft.nl/speechassistant-tips.html
Designed for tablets and smartphones
The app is initially designed for use on a tablet. But the app also works fine on large smartphones.
Easy to use
1. Click on one of the 12 categories.
2. The phrases and words that belong to the category are shown on large buttons.
3. Click on the buttons to create a message that is shown in the display.
4. Click on the speaker icon and the message will be spoken out.
5. It is also possible to send your message to Mail, SMS, Whatsapp, Hangouts, Google+ or Twitter.
Go to the menu of the app and then:
• General Settings: Auto complete, option to prevent double touching and more options.
• Layout and Colors: The size of the buttons, the display and the textsize can be adjusted. It is also possible to adjust the color scheme.
• Categories and Phrases: It is simple to add, change or delete your own categories, words or phrases.
• Speech and sound: For adjusting the sound settings and a link to the Text-to-Speech settings of your device.
• Backup en Restore: Option to backup and restore your categories, words and phrases.
- Easy to Use
- Multiple Natural Sounding Voices
- 12 TTS Voices - English US, English UK, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Russian
> Help - I hear Nothing <
By default Android only comes with English Speech Engine. And only that is available for Offline Use.
To listen to other languages you should have a Data connection enabled or Need to download Speech Engine for Offline Use.
To Download Speech Engine for Offline Use, Follow these instructions:
1. Open Android Settings
2. Tap Language & Input
3. Tap Text to Speech Output
4. Tap Settings of Google Text to Speech
5. Tap Install Voice Data
6. Tap Download button to download the language engine of your choice.
Windows Version is also Available - http://www.abhisoft.net/talking-translator/
Join us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/abhisofttech
Keywords: talker aphasia disabled handicap apraxia disorder articulation phonological phonetic AAC Augmentative alternative communication ALS Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis MND motor neurone disease
This is created for the correct usage of pecs and that is to use pictures as your child's vocabulary. This is often mixed up with using pictures for the parent or therapist to tell the child what they want the child to do. That is not pecs.
This is created for non-verbal children with Autism or other learning disabilities.
*This is my first app ever created. I decided to make this because I was tired of having to pay so much money for applications and device's that are for autism. I do not understand why these companies think that when you have an autistic child that you have the finances for something like this!
That device is $230.00 USD! I have always wanted something like that for my son who is on the spectrum and non-verbal. After seeing that price and realising that nothing is going to be done for this at a lower price I decided to make one myself. *
Please leave feedback and suggestions.
Thank you very much
More from developer
- Export your floss into Stitcher's Helper as project items!
- Keep track of how many of a certain floss you have. Mark a floss as "need" so it shows up on the Shopping List screen.
- Filter a floss list by color number or color for easy finding. (textbox at bottom of checklist screen)
- Sort a floss list by color number or color. (hit menu button on checklist screen)
Floss companies supported:
- Weeks Dye Works
- Gentle Arts
- Coats and Clark
- Crescent Colours
- The Caron Collection
- Rainbow Gallery (Thanks Teresa!)
- Carrie's Creations
- Hand-Dyed Floss (by Vicki Clayton) (Thanks Joanne!)
- Thread Gatherer
- Dinky Dyes (Thanks Joanne!)
- Glissen Gloss (Thanks Joanne!)
Email email@example.com with bug reports.
Thanks to Christine Bennett of http://www.purple-pony.com/ for the icon!
@James (May 23, 2011): I included this in very next update. Thanks for your suggestion! :)
@firsttimeholmes (August 19, 2011): I'd thought about this, but it's a very rigorous and subjective behavior. I'm not ruling it out, however. :)
@(empty) (October 12, 2011): Please let me know what Anchor threads aren't right and I can easily fix them! A 1-star rating seems harsh for a problem I can solve pretty easily if I knew what to fix.
You can also now backup and restore your yarn/template lists if your phone dies! You can also import your backed up yarns into Stitcher's Helper as project items!
Thanks to Molly for the app idea and all of the preloaded yarn templates!
PLEASE NOTE: unless I am mistaken bar codes are simply a way for retailers to database goods. As I have no access to a retail database, it would be impossible to add barcode scanning. If someone has better information than I've been able to find, please email me!
- Lorna's Laces Yarn
- Brown Sheep Company
- Frog Tree
- Philosopher's Wool
- Lion Brand
- needle/hook inventory
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with bug reports.
Please don't forget to rate and leave a comment!
- Several calculators for calculating yardage, cost, or some other measurement. Send me an email at email@example.com and suggest more!
- Project tracking. Mark your project as "In Progress", "On Hold", or "Completed".
- Attach pictures to projects
- Attach project items to projects. These can be either any of the below calculators with your yardage and data saved, or simply a needed item.
- Projects also have space for pattern information and notes.
- Automatically generated shopping list page that can either be added on the fly or marked as "Include on Shopping List" on the project item edit screen. These items are grouped by project for easy organization.
- Import data from other OpeWare apps (Bead Checklist, Floss Checklist, Yarn Inventory)! Select the menu button after selecting a project to bring up a list of files you can import from, select one, then select the items to import into your project!
Current list of calculators:
- Yardage: Squares
- Yardage: Half Square Triangles
- Yardage: Quarter Square Triangles
- Yardage: Rectangles
- Yardage: 45 Degree Diamonds
- Yardage: 60 Degree Diamonds
- Yardage: Equilateral Triangles
- Border: Mitered
- Border: Squared
- Rectangle Diagonal Measurement
- The icon is a quilt square made by my wife: (http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedClayQuilts?ref=seller_info, http://redclayquilts.blogspot.com/)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with bug reports.
@Prontip (March 14, 2012): I tried to contact to see if I could help explain how others use the app and even offer a refund but never heard back.
@Hannah (February 15, 2012): Please email me if there is some ambiguity so I can correct it!
@Nuria (October 25, 2011): Not sure what you're referring to. Maybe you're confusing this app with Floss Checklist?
Also comes with the ability to export your beads into Stitcher's Helper as project items!
Email email@example.com with bug reports.
Currently supported bead Companies:
- Mill Hill
- Miyuki Delica! (11/0 normal and hex, 15/0, 10/0 normal and hex, 8/0 normal and hex)