- Intelligent row counter (informs you of completion, stitch increase/decrease and pattern rows)
- Store photos and detailed notes of all your projects
- Import and edit all your Ravelry projects (Pro version only)
- View your Ravelry Stash (Pro version only)
- Store your knitting needle and crochet hook inventory
- Needle and hook size conversions between US and metric
- Yarn weight standards chart
- Calculate the amount you need for a substitute wool or yarn for your pattern
- A variety of light and dark themes
I'm constantly looking for ways to improve your experience, if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to email me.
Or better yet, come say hi in our group on Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitwits-for-android
NOTE: The free version is limited to storing 3 projects at a time and contains ads. The free version also does not integrate with Ravelry.
how many skeins of yarn is needed for that next project. This app quickly and easily
converts measurements to and from yards, grams, meters and ounces by doing the
math for you.
Yarn Calculator now comes with a Yarn Estimator. The estimator will help you figure the yardage of any scrap yarn you may have laying around. Note: You must have a scale that weighs to the nearest tenth of a gram.
1.91: added ability to backup data. Open menu and select "Backup App Data". Your app data will be queued for back up on google's cloud storage and when you install Knitting Stash on another phone or reinstall the app your data will be restored.
1.2: quick fix for Force Close in Counters tab.
0.9:added delete confirmation dialog
added Needed Shopping field to Projects. added ability to sort hooks by size or type.
Yarn Length Calculator:
This app is useful for calculating the max total length of yarn. So customer can easily calculate the max length that one machine can take. This is very useful app in day to day activity as customer has to put data & he can calculate.
Yarn Unit Converter:
In textile industries there are numbers of units for the yarn & fabric. So with the help of this app customers as well as the machine manufacturer can convert from one unit to another unit as per his terminology. For an example in the domestic market people are using Count(Ne) but in International market people are using denier. So in this type of case this is ready rackner.
Yarn Occupancy Calculator.
This app is useful in Sizing machine where the yarn occupancy plays a major role. With the help of this app customer can calculate the occupancy of the yarn in his size box so he can evaluate the space in the size box.
"United Research Ltd. reserves the copyright of all designs created by TexCreation free version."
Counter designed for knitters to keep track of knitting work in mutliply projects. For each project, two counters are available: a row counter and repeat row counter to keep number of repeats in more complicated patterns. When repeat row number is set to 0 or remains empty, the repeats are not being increased.
If you have a 4 row repeat pattern, set "repeat row number" to 4 and check the box "link counters". The counter starts with number 0, since at the beginning you haven't made any row yet. After 1 row, click plus, counter will increase to 1, which means you have finished one row of your pattern. While making row number 4 the counters shows 3, after you finish 4th row and click plus, the counter will restart Row number to 0 and increase Repeat number to 1. That means you have finished your first repeat of the pattern and haven't done any rows of the next repeat yet. When you finish your 4 row repeat pattern and want to set a 6 row repeat pattern, simply change the field "repeat row number" to 6. When you don't want to use any complicated pattern anymore and just count the rows, uncheck the "link counter" box.
If you have any questions or ideas to make it more comfortable for you, simply email me.
Can be used also as standard counter to keep track of whatever needs to be tracked :)
-create new project
-set name, row count, repeat row number, repeat count
-update name, row count, repeat row number, repeat count
-delete each project from main counter screen (with confirmation)
-delete multiple projects from project list (with confirmation)
• Knitulator is made for knitting and crocheting
• You only need a stitch test (gauge swatch), best in 10x10 centimetres or 4x4 inches. Knitulator calculates either in inches or in centimetres, the app transfers your personalized measurements in stitches and rows and vice versa, stitches and rows to measurements.
• Be mobile and flexible: knit and crochet, wherever and whenever you want. Save all important data of your models and pojects, Knitulator helps you and shows you all the information and data you need for your knitting and crocheting projects on way.
• Be sure: Calculate the most important measurements for all sizes (women, kids, men or footwear) and translate the different sizes according to these ones you are most familiar with (Europe, USA, UK, etc..).
• Be exact: Calculate in inches or in centimetres according to your preference.
• Be creative: See ideas and inspirations for your new knitting and crocheting projects
Handmade with love for you: We work to improve Knitulator and to develop new functionalities. Share with us how Knitulator can help you even more with your knitting-, crocheting or fashion-Ideas.
Follow us on www.facebook.com/knitulator or www.knitulator.com (blog is in German now, but will be translated in parts to more languages soon)
- Export your floss into Stitcher's Helper as project items!
- Keep track of how many of a certain floss you have. Mark a floss as "need" so it shows up on the Shopping List screen.
- Filter a floss list by color number or color for easy finding. (textbox at bottom of checklist screen)
- Sort a floss list by color number or color. (hit menu button on checklist screen)
Floss companies supported:
- Weeks Dye Works
- Gentle Arts
- Coats and Clark
- Crescent Colours
- The Caron Collection
- Rainbow Gallery (Thanks Teresa!)
- Carrie's Creations
- Hand-Dyed Floss (by Vicki Clayton) (Thanks Joanne!)
- Thread Gatherer
- Dinky Dyes (Thanks Joanne!)
- Glissen Gloss (Thanks Joanne!)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with bug reports.
Thanks to Christine Bennett of http://www.purple-pony.com/ for the icon!
@James (May 23, 2011): I included this in very next update. Thanks for your suggestion! :)
@firsttimeholmes (August 19, 2011): I'd thought about this, but it's a very rigorous and subjective behavior. I'm not ruling it out, however. :)
@(empty) (October 12, 2011): Please let me know what Anchor threads aren't right and I can easily fix them! A 1-star rating seems harsh for a problem I can solve pretty easily if I knew what to fix.
Also comes with the ability to export your beads into Stitcher's Helper as project items!
Email email@example.com with bug reports.
Currently supported bead Companies:
- Mill Hill
- Miyuki Delica! (11/0 normal and hex, 15/0, 10/0 normal and hex, 8/0 normal and hex)
- Easy to use grid system
- Add your own folders/nodes to any existing node
- Add pictures to nodes/folders you add
- Hide or delete existing nodes
- Save phrases for later use
- Many prefilled nodes and folders
NOTE: The first thing this app does is installs the android text-to-speech engine if it can't be found. At the moment the app requires the TTS stuff, but in the future I'll be making the TTS installation transition nicer and add an option to run the app without it entirely.
I built this app for use with my daughter on the autistic spectrum with very limited speech skills. However, it could easily be used for anyone with the following:
- On the autism spectrum
- Asperger syndrome
- Verbal aphasia
I apologize for the lack of helpful icons, but I don't have the budget to hire an icon designer. However, I did give you the ability to take your own picture and assign it to a node being added.
I'm always looking for suggestions! If you feel there's something that could be done better or a feature that's missing, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! I love interacting with my users and several of my existing apps are suggestions from them. :)
- Several calculators for calculating yardage, cost, or some other measurement. Send me an email at email@example.com and suggest more!
- Project tracking. Mark your project as "In Progress", "On Hold", or "Completed".
- Attach pictures to projects
- Attach project items to projects. These can be either any of the below calculators with your yardage and data saved, or simply a needed item.
- Projects also have space for pattern information and notes.
- Automatically generated shopping list page that can either be added on the fly or marked as "Include on Shopping List" on the project item edit screen. These items are grouped by project for easy organization.
- Import data from other OpeWare apps (Bead Checklist, Floss Checklist, Yarn Inventory)! Select the menu button after selecting a project to bring up a list of files you can import from, select one, then select the items to import into your project!
Current list of calculators:
- Yardage: Squares
- Yardage: Half Square Triangles
- Yardage: Quarter Square Triangles
- Yardage: Rectangles
- Yardage: 45 Degree Diamonds
- Yardage: 60 Degree Diamonds
- Yardage: Equilateral Triangles
- Border: Mitered
- Border: Squared
- Rectangle Diagonal Measurement
- The icon is a quilt square made by my wife: (http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedClayQuilts?ref=seller_info, http://redclayquilts.blogspot.com/)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with bug reports.
@Prontip (March 14, 2012): I tried to contact to see if I could help explain how others use the app and even offer a refund but never heard back.
@Hannah (February 15, 2012): Please email me if there is some ambiguity so I can correct it!
@Nuria (October 25, 2011): Not sure what you're referring to. Maybe you're confusing this app with Floss Checklist?