* PW protected SqueezeBox Servers
* Fast library browse/search
* MySqueezeBox.com support
* Apps support
* Auto mute on calls
For SBS 7.5 - 7.7
See the link below for documentation.
REQUIRES A LOGITECH SQUEEZEBOX!
If you have any problem with SqueezeCommander, please contact me by email (email@example.com) and we will sort this out!
Or use the SlimDevices/SqueezeBox forum:
English support thread:
German support thread:
If you want to request an enhancement or report a bug, please use the SqueezeCommander tracker:
This app controls Squeezebox players connected to a Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) or MySqueezebox.com (including the server in the SqueezeBox Touch). Replicates almost every function of a Squeezebox Controller with an interface optimize for a touch screen.
*Screenshots do not show album covers to avoid copyright violations, the app itself will still display the album covers.
Formerly Squeeze Control.
Owners of the previous app, please email me for a refund of the original purchase, if you want to purchase this one. Currently Google will only allow me to refund orders as old as October 24th, 2013.
NOW AVAILABLE: Tablet Mode, requires an In-App purchase (US$1.00)
Requirements: Logitech Media Server version 7.7 or better (tested with versions up to 7.8). A MySqueezebox.com account is required if you don't use a Squeezebox Server. You can create one from within the app or on the website. And of course Squeezebox players to control.
- Replicates almost all of the functionality of a Squeezebox Controller, including the context menus and plugin apps.
- Incremental list loading for fast navigation through the menus.
- Works with both MySqueezebox.com and Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) as the music source.
- Automatic server discovery.
- Customizable backgrounds for each player.
- Works with multiple servers, players can be switched between servers.
- Mini controls in the notification area lets you control your Squeezebox even when the app is in the background.
- Song Downloading - download songs from your server to the device.
- Player Manager for easy syncing/unsyncing of players.
- Customizable Home menu.
- Pebble Smartwatch support.
- Android Wear Support
- Chromecast support (Now Playing display only, no audio)
- Can pause music during a phone call.
- Support for device docks.
- App Widget (home screen and lock screen)
- Tablet Mode (requires In-App purchase)
- Can be controlled by Tasker. For more info: http://angrygoatapps.com/sqzctrl_tasker.html
- Available in English and German
- For users of Samsung Galaxy S3/S4, there is a bad tip floating around about ways to speed up TouchWiz. It tells you to go into the Developer Options of your phone and setting Animator Duration Scale to Off. Please Do NOT do this. Doing so will prevent this app from functioning properly and possibly other apps too.
- This app can be quite demanding on the server compared to other controller apps and as such may not work well with a server running on a NAS. Complaints in the reviews about slowness is likely due to having the server on a NAS. This is especially true if you have a large library (more than 10000 songs)
- Use a wifi connection if possible. A mobile data connection would work if the server is setup correctly, but the performance may not be acceptable.
- When connected, this app is constantly communicating with the server. If you're using a mobile data connection, this may incur a significant data usage fee.
- Tested with the Squeezebox Receiver, Boom.
You won't even need a Logitech Squeezebox to make SqueezePlayer work - just download the (free) Squeezebox-Server (see below)
★★★ Stream your Music via WiFi or Mobile Connection ★★★
Make your music free! Now you can take all your music with you - car, school, work, garden, anywhere in your house.
SqueezePlayer is able to stream your local music (see below for supported formats), internet radio stations or songs from Apps like Last.FM, Deezer or WiMP from your Squeezebox-Server directly to your mobile or tablet. (Rhapsody, Napster and Pandora NOT working right now, due to licensing issues, Spotify only works with the help of triodes plugin installed in a Squeezebox-Server).
For playback to be working via 3G you will need to open/forward port 9000 and 3483 on your router (as well as setting up a DynDNS service). As networking/streaming from your home network via internet is not straightforward, please also visit my growing tutorial: http://www.squeezeplayer.com/2011/05/how-to-connect-via-3g/
SqueezePlayer is a playback App - you won't be able to control your Squeezebox (nor itself) with it. But there are enough Apps out there being a perfect fit: OrangeSqueeze, SqueezeCommander, Squeeze Control or free alternatives like the official Logitech App, Squeezer or SqueezeDroid.
From the main screen of SqueezePlayer you can jump directly to any of these App, where you mobile will be among all other players as long as SqueezePlayer is activated.
In OrangeSqueeze this also works the other way round: it will start SqueezePlayer automatically from the players list, so here it is highly integrated.
By the way: if you have any problem with SqueezePlayer, please contact me! I'm very happy to help you sort all problems out: support(at)squeezeplayer.com
★★★ Supported Music Formats ★★★
SqueezePlayer can stream FLAC, MP3, WAV and PCM natively (i.e. these are decoded directly on your Android Device)
Your SqueezeboxServer will be able to convert other file types (Ogg, mp4) to FLAC or mp3 on the fly, so these will play as well. (You can check the settings screen of your Squeezebox Server under Advanced->File Types what other file types will be transcoded to FLAC or mp3).
Please note that the inbuilt server of the Touch will not be able to transcode as much as a real server, you will be bound to the natively support formats!
★★★ Requirements ★★★
For SqueezePlayer to work you need to set up the Logitech Squeezebox Server (recently renamed to "Logitech Media Server").
You can download it here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.7.1/
SqueezePlayer will also work with the integrated server of the Squeezebox Touch (but be aware, that this one cannot convert as many formats as a real server).
I test against version 7.5 - 7.7 of the server.
• Year range: Showing only data between a lower and an upper limit, for example showing your whole library between 1975 and 1989.
• Genres: Include or exclude any number of genres, for example showing all "Pop" and "Blues" records but excluding (the Logitech Media Server can handle multiple genres for each track) everything marked as "Christmas".
• Library partitions: If you provide several root folders for your library, you can select any of these individually in the app, so you can easily keep apart your music from your audio books or your children's tracks.
Additionally, in the full version, you can save these filters and restore them as views to your library.
This free version is limited to 50 artists and albums, and new developments and feature requests will only become available in the full version. If the free version of our app works fine in your environment and you enjoy it, you can upgrade the app to the unrestricted full version as in-app-purchase at any time. Each purchase will be connected to your Google account so that all your devices will receive the full version if you buy it once. Also, if you re-install the app, your purchase will prevail and the app will update itself to the full version automatically.
Please follow or join the Google+ community https://plus.google.com/communities/104868613430674318455 for submitting requests, receiving news announcements and sharing discussions!
Requirements: A local Logitech Media Server installation (version 7.7.2 or newer), and local players (tested with Squeezebox, Squeezebox Radio, SoftSqueeze and SqueezeLite).
PS: The app will display your album covers in the maximum possible resolution.
• Browse the library by artist, album, song title, genre, year, playlist, favourites, or new music.
• Playlist control (now playing, shuffle, repeat, save/clear/modify playlists).
• Manage players, and groups of players.
• Full library search.
• Internet radio support (browse, staff picks, search).
• Browse Squeezeserver music folders.
• Download tracks to your device.
• Support for password protected servers.
• Control playback from your Android Wear device.
Squeezer is free, and open source.
Devices running Android 4.1 or higher. Works best on Android 5.0+
- Supports both local servers and MySqueezebox.com (you will need to have a MySqueezebox.com account)
- Automatically discovers local servers on your network.
- Supports playback of music files on your server and internet streams.
- Natively decodes Flac, MP3, AAC, Ogg, Alac, and PCM (AIF and Wav) audio.
- Natively supports playback of 24bit audio by converting to 16bit (with dithering).
- Continues playing when the app is in the background.
- Can handle music with lower than 44.1Khz sampling rates, common with internet radio.
- Supports fade in, fade out, and crossfading between songs.
- Supports synchronized playback with other players.
- Supports single channel mode for using two sync'd players as left and right channels
- Supports track/album gain for songs.
- Automatically pauses playback for phone calls.
- Option to pause audio when the headphones are unplugged.
- Option to launch directly into the notification area without showing an app view.
- Option to limit playback to only lossy compressed formats for low bandwidth situations.
- Option to auto-detect connection type (3G/4G or Wifi) and set the bandwidth accordingly.
- Option to disable 24->16bit dithering and/or use lower quality resampling for use on slower devices.
- Option to output higher than 44.1kHz audio on devices that support it.
- Works with the apps in MyApps that are allowed by Logitech to work on software players.
- Experimental support for floating point PCM output on Android 5.0+ devices.
- Experimental support for DSD Audio playback by converting to PCM. Requires LMS 7.9.
- Android 4.x can only support up to 16bit/48kHz audio. Android 5.0+ allows higher resolution formats.
- Only works with ShoutCast and plain http internet streams, which accounts for the majority
of streams. Will not work with MMS and MMSH streams, which are mainly used for WMA audio.
- Apps like Rhapsody (and possibly Spotify) will not work with this app because Logitech restricts
them to hardware players only. I've been told that paid Pandora should work.
- Any stream that requires resampling by the app may not work well on slower devices.
- The quality of synchronized playback can vary a lot depending on the device.
It works well on a Galaxy Nexus, but it won't be perfect and will need to be adjusted in your server
The Logitech UE Smart Radio is a dedicated music device with integrated speakers and color display that plays Internet radio stations, subscription music services and the digital music files stored on your PC or Mac®. To learn more about the Logitech UE Smart Radio, visit www.logitechUE.com.
By combining the Logitech UE Smart Radio Controller with your Logitech UE Smart Radio, you transform your music listening experience into something totally new. Control your music from across the room or across the house—anywhere you can connect to your Wi-Fi® network.
This app is much more than a just a remote, it also gives you seamless navigation of multiple music sources. All in a simple, unified interface.
You’ll have control over a world of music right from the palm of your hand.
- Quickly access and control all the music for your smart radio including Internet radio, music services and your local music library.
- Add radio stations, playlists, albums and more to your list of favorites.
- View album art, artist, as well as track and album name.
- Sign into and control music services such as SiriusXM®, Pandora®, Spotify®, TuneIn™, MOG® and others, without launching additional apps.
- Logitech UE Smart Radio
- Wireless network
Except for artist name and album/track title it also display artist images from last.fm. However, neither this application nor the developer is endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by last.fm.
The current version don't work if the Squeezebox Server or Logitech Media Server is password protected, and it doesn't work with players only connected to mysqueezebox.com.
Only working with Sony SmartWatch 1 and Sony SmartWatch 2.
You must have Squeezebox Server or Logitech Media Server.
If you have problems, please send me an E-Mail so i can help and fix them.
* It displays album art, artist and title.
* Next track
* Previous track
* Volume Control
* Turn on / off
* Quick Change of Players
Swipe left/right to change song.
Touch to pause/play.
Swipe down to change player (swipe left/right); Swipe up or touch the player.
Swipe up to change volume (swipe left/right).
Swipe up to Power On/Off (touch).
This App is designed for the Sony SmartWatch 1 and 2.
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare extension for SmartWatch
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
-Stream songs over the Local Network using shared files or over the Internet using FTP.
-Chromecast Support (mp3, m4a, ogg, wav). Stream your device songs or network songs to your TV.
-Browse the Local Area Network (LAN) for Shared Files and Folders.
-Browse FTP servers over the Internet or Local Network.
-Navigate Playlists by Artist/Album/Genre/Year/File Order/Alphabetical Order.
-Synchronize playlists with remote folders.
-Supports mp3, mp4, m4a, ogg, wav, flac (Android 3.1+) and mid audio files.
-Features an Equalizer on supported devices.
-Unzip, rename, and delete Local Files.
-Download, rename and delete Network Files.
-Store Network Usernames, Passwords and IP addresses for quick access.
-Save, Load and Filter Playlists.
-Widget with Player Controls.
NEW DESIGN AND EXPERIENCE
Designed for simplicity and a richer user experience, the Stream Magic Lite takes advantage of your Android device (mobile phone and tablet - small, normal, large or xLarge) to maximise speed and fluid control for the way you wish to enjoy your music.
Introducing the new queueing system - gain full access to your music stored across your home network and local Android device, and enjoy your music in a way that suites you from the Stream Magic Lite app. Can I share this experience at the same time with my partner, friend or any other Android device? Yes, simply get connected to the same network player and seamlessly enjoy concurrent use and control of the queue. Search Internet radio stations by name, country, genre or all at the same time for precise results and save your favourites as presets from the Stream Magic Lite app to your Cambridge Audio Player.
•Improved design and layout.
•Full control of any Stream Magic powered Cambridge Audio network music player.
•Browse and play tracks from UPnP servers or NAS drives connected to the same network.
•Richer music experience via the Queue.
•Browse and search over 20,000 Internet Radio stations from across the world via the Stream Magic Internet Radio service.
•High-resolution display of album art and track information.
•Automatic discovery of Stream Magic network music players on the network.
•Save currently playing stations to presets/memory.
•Support for Cambridge Audio BT100.
•Digital input selection.
•USB browsing unavailable.
•Adding to the queue via folder actions is not currently possible with some network music servers.
**These limitations are centric to the app only. Full access to the named services are accessible via the front panel of your Cambridge Audio network player.
* Supports all standard audio formats like MP3, WAV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis, ASF, WMA, M4A with AAC, Apple LossLess or Opus converted by an internal Cirrus DAC with a 24 bit/192kHz resolution
* Enables limitless music enjoyment through a constantly changing selection of music services like Spotify Connect, TIDAL, WiMP simfy, Napster and MTV Music, as well as local and Internet radio
* Can be expanded using additional loudspeakers from Raumfeld
* Existing systems can be integrated, devices without network function can be connected via line-in
* Regular free firmware updates via Internet keep the system up-to-date and future-proof the technology.
* Supported by an extensive and regularly updated online handbook (raumfeld.com/uk/online-manual-start.html) as well as a dedicated support team reachable by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and phone (+49 (0)30 – 300 930 400)
*** only for use with mysqueezebox.com . you need a www.mysqueezebox.com account to use this app ***
•Shows list of favorite channels
•User can pick favorite channel to play
•Volume control with feedback
•Ability to play pause, power on power off the player
•art display from station
•does NOT need squeezeserver running
•rew/fwd/fav/block buttons for lfm, pandora
this app is NOT designed to work with Squeezebox connected to local server. Please do not give bad rating if it does not find your local SBs connected to LAN.
Pls email dev with problems/qs before posting low ratings.
With Orange Radio:
- Find out which radio stations Orange has selected in your country.
- View your favourite radio programmes, podcasts and songs at a glance
- Check out our catalogue and discover radio stations and podcasts from all over the world
- Choose your station based on the music or content it broadcasts
- Find your favourite tracks using on demand services
- Read the latest tweets from the radio stations
- Enjoying your shows offline
- You can also connect to Orange Radio at http://radio.orange.com
- If you want to recommend a radio station or ask for our help, please send us an email at email@example.com
You can play music files in DLNA servers, e.g., your PC and network storages.
Also you can stream music files in DLNA servers to DLNA playback devices, e.g., DLNA compatible audio, game consoles, TVs and receiver boxes.
- Compatible with DLNA and UPnP.
- Browsing and playback songs in PC, NAS, and cloud.
- Streaming music from DLNA servers to DLNA playback devices.
- Streaming music from your phone to DLNA playback devices.
- Playlist management across any servers in the network.
- Music browsing and playback in phone’s local file system.
- Showing track information including audio format, sampling rate, bit rate, and bit depth.
- Easy switching of playback device during playing a song.
- Micro Volume Control, Search Contents, Edit Playlist, Moving track position.
- Your phone becomes a remote controller for connected devices.
Note: If you send music file to remote playback device, the available audio format depends on the audio decoder in the remote playback device.
DLNA is a trade mark of Digital Living Network Alliance.
UPnP is a certification mark of the UPnP Forum in the United States and other countries.
This app will NOT run if you have not purchased AND INSTALLED Orange Squeeze already! It is provided for free to anyone who has purchased Orange Squeeze in the past.