* PW protected SqueezeBox Servers
* Fast library browse/search
* MySqueezeBox.com support
* Apps support
* Auto mute on calls
For SBS 7.5 - 7.7
See the link below for documentation.
REQUIRES A LOGITECH SQUEEZEBOX!
If you have any problem with SqueezeCommander, please contact me by email (email@example.com) and we will sort this out!
Or use the SlimDevices/SqueezeBox forum:
English support thread:
German support thread:
If you want to request an enhancement or report a bug, please use the SqueezeCommander tracker:
You won't even need a Logitech Squeezebox to make SqueezePlayer work - just download the (free) Squeezebox-Server (see below)
★★★ Stream your Music via WiFi or Mobile Connection ★★★
Make your music free! Now you can take all your music with you - car, school, work, garden, anywhere in your house.
SqueezePlayer is able to stream your local music (see below for supported formats), internet radio stations or songs from Apps like Last.FM, Deezer or WiMP from your Squeezebox-Server directly to your mobile or tablet. (Rhapsody, Napster and Pandora NOT working right now, due to licensing issues, Spotify only works with the help of triodes plugin installed in a Squeezebox-Server).
For playback to be working via 3G you will need to open/forward port 9000 and 3483 on your router (as well as setting up a DynDNS service). As networking/streaming from your home network via internet is not straightforward, please also visit my growing tutorial: http://www.squeezeplayer.com/2011/05/how-to-connect-via-3g/
SqueezePlayer is a playback App - you won't be able to control your Squeezebox (nor itself) with it. But there are enough Apps out there being a perfect fit: OrangeSqueeze, SqueezeCommander, Squeeze Control or free alternatives like the official Logitech App, Squeezer or SqueezeDroid.
From the main screen of SqueezePlayer you can jump directly to any of these App, where you mobile will be among all other players as long as SqueezePlayer is activated.
In OrangeSqueeze this also works the other way round: it will start SqueezePlayer automatically from the players list, so here it is highly integrated.
By the way: if you have any problem with SqueezePlayer, please contact me! I'm very happy to help you sort all problems out: support(at)squeezeplayer.com
★★★ Supported Music Formats ★★★
SqueezePlayer can stream FLAC, MP3, WAV and PCM natively (i.e. these are decoded directly on your Android Device)
Your SqueezeboxServer will be able to convert other file types (Ogg, mp4) to FLAC or mp3 on the fly, so these will play as well. (You can check the settings screen of your Squeezebox Server under Advanced->File Types what other file types will be transcoded to FLAC or mp3).
Please note that the inbuilt server of the Touch will not be able to transcode as much as a real server, you will be bound to the natively support formats!
★★★ Requirements ★★★
For SqueezePlayer to work you need to set up the Logitech Squeezebox Server (recently renamed to "Logitech Media Server").
You can download it here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.7.1/
SqueezePlayer will also work with the integrated server of the Squeezebox Touch (but be aware, that this one cannot convert as many formats as a real server).
I test against version 7.5 - 7.7 of the server.
This app controls Squeezebox players connected to a Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) or MySqueezebox.com (including the server in the SqueezeBox Touch). Replicates almost every function of a Squeezebox Controller with an interface optimize for a touch screen.
*Screenshots do not show album covers to avoid copyright violations, the app itself will still display the album covers.
Formerly Squeeze Control.
Owners of the previous app, please email me for a refund of the original purchase, if you want to purchase this one. Currently Google will only allow me to refund orders as old as October 24th, 2013.
NOW AVAILABLE: Tablet Mode, requires an In-App purchase (US$1.00)
Requirements: Logitech Media Server version 7.7 or better (tested with versions up to 7.8). A MySqueezebox.com account is required if you don't use a Squeezebox Server. You can create one from within the app or on the website. And of course Squeezebox players to control.
- Replicates almost all of the functionality of a Squeezebox Controller, including the context menus and plugin apps.
- Incremental list loading for fast navigation through the menus.
- Works with both MySqueezebox.com and Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) as the music source.
- Automatic server discovery.
- Customizable backgrounds for each player.
- Works with multiple servers, players can be switched between servers.
- Mini controls in the notification area lets you control your Squeezebox even when the app is in the background.
- Song Downloading - download songs from your server to the device.
- Player Manager for easy syncing/unsyncing of players.
- Customizable Home menu.
- Pebble Smartwatch support.
- Android Wear Support
- Chromecast support (Now Playing display only, no audio)
- Can pause music during a phone call.
- Support for device docks.
- App Widget (home screen and lock screen)
- Tablet Mode (requires In-App purchase)
- Can be controlled by Tasker. For more info: http://angrygoatapps.com/sqzctrl_tasker.html
- For users of Samsung Galaxy S3/S4, there is a bad tip floating around about ways to speed up TouchWiz. It tells you to go into the Developer Options of your phone and setting Animator Duration Scale to Off. Please Do NOT do this. Doing so will prevent this app from functioning properly and possibly other apps too.
- This app can be quite demanding on the server compared to other controller apps and as such may not work well with a server running on a NAS. Complaints in the reviews about slowness is likely due to having the server on a NAS.
- Use a wifi connection if possible. A mobile data connection would work if the server is setup correctly, but the performance may not be acceptable.
- When connected, this app is constantly communicating with the server. If you're using a mobile data connection, this may incur a significant data usage fee.
- Tested with the Squeezebox Receiver, Boom.
*** PLEASE NOTE: The app will only work with a local installation of the Logitech Media Server! It is not possible to control players connected to mysqueezebox.com. ***
Requirements: A local Logitech Media Server installation (version 7.7.2 or newer), and local players (tested with Squeezebox, Squeezebox Radio, SoftSqueeze and SqueezeLite).
This free version is limited to 50 artists and albums, and new developments and feature requests will only be available in the full version. The app can be upgraded to the unrestricted full version as in-app-purchase at any time.
Please follow or join the Google+ community https://plus.google.com/communities/104868613430674318455 for submitting requests, receiving news announcements and sharing discussions!
Also, please consider rating the app and inform us about suggestions or criticism!
• Browse the library by artist, album, song title, genre, year, playlist, favourites, or new music.
• Playlist control (now playing, shuffle, repeat, save/clear/modify playlists).
• Manage players, and groups of players.
• Full library search.
• Internet radio support (browse, staff picks, search).
• Browse Squeezeserver music folders.
• Download tracks to your device.
• Support for password protected servers.
Squeezer is free, and open source.
- Supports both local servers and MySqueezebox.com (you will need to have a MySqueezebox.com account)
- Automatically discovers local servers on your network.
- Supports playback of music files on your server and internet streams.
- Natively decodes Flac, MP3, AAC, Ogg, Alac, and PCM (AIF and Wav) audio.
- Natively supports playback of 24bit audio by converting to 16bit (with dithering).
- Continues playing when the app is in the background.
- Can handle music with lower than 44.1Khz sampling rates, common with internet radio.
- Supports fade in, fade out, and crossfading between songs.
- Supports synchronized playback with other players.
- Supports single channel mode for using two sync'd players as left and right channels
- Supports track/album gain for songs.
- Automatically pauses playback for phone calls.
- Option to pause audio when the headphones are unplugged.
- Option to launch directly into the notification area without showing an app view.
- Option to limit playback to only lossy compressed formats for low bandwidth situations.
- Option to auto-detect connection type (3G/4G or Wifi) and set the bandwidth accordingly.
- Option to disable 24->16bit dithering and/or use lower quality resampling for use on slower devices.
- Option to output higher than 44.1kHz audio on devices that support it.
- Works with the apps in MyApps that are allowed by Logitech to work on software players.
- Currently Android only supports up to 16bit/48kHz audio.
- Only works with ShoutCast and plain http internet streams, which accounts for the majority
of streams. Will not work with MMS and MMSH streams, which are mainly used for WMA audio.
- Apps like Rhapsody (and possibly Spotify) will not work with this app because Logitech restricts
them to hardware players only. I've been told that paid Pandora should work.
- The quality of synchronized playback can vary a lot depending on the device.
It works well on a Galaxy Nexus, but it won't be perfect and will need to be adjusted in your server
Only working with Sony SmartWatch 1 and Sony SmartWatch 2.
You must have Squeezebox Server or Logitech Media Server.
If you have problems, please send me an E-Mail so i can help and fix them.
* It displays album art, artist and title.
* Next track
* Previous track
* Volume Control
* Turn on / off
* Quick Change of Players
Swipe left/right to change song.
Touch to pause/play.
Swipe down to change player (swipe left/right); Swipe up or touch the player.
Swipe up to change volume (swipe left/right).
Swipe up to Power On/Off (touch).
This App is designed for the Sony SmartWatch 1 and 2.
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare extension for SmartWatch
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
-Stream songs over the Local Network using shared files or over the Internet using FTP.
-Chromecast Support (mp3, m4a, ogg, wav). Stream your device songs or network songs to your TV.
-Browse the Local Area Network (LAN) for Shared Files and Folders.
-Browse FTP servers over the Internet or Local Network.
-Navigate Playlists by Artist/Album/Genre/Year/File Order/Alphabetical Order.
-Synchronize playlists with remote folders.
-Supports mp3, mp4, m4a, ogg, wav, flac (Android 3.1+) and mid audio files.
-Features an Equalizer on supported devices.
-Unzip, rename, and delete Local Files.
-Download, rename and delete Network Files.
-Store Network Usernames, Passwords and IP addresses for quick access.
-Save, Load and Filter Playlists.
-Widget with Player Controls.
From the palm of your hand you can access music stored across your home network, control streaming services, browse Internet radio stations and USB media. For the ultimate user experience, track information and album art is retrieved and displayed automatically.
You can also edit preset stations and streams and set-up a queue of favourite tracks which will continue to play even if your Android device is switched off or loses its network connection.
•Full control of any Stream Magic powered Cambridge Audio network music player
•Browse and play tracks from UPnP servers or NAS drives connected to the same network
•Browse and search 20,000+ Internet Radio stations from across the world via the Stream Magic Internet Radio service
•Access streaming services* such as Pandora, Rhapsody, SIRIUS, LastFM, Aupeo!, Live365 and MP3Tunes
•High-resolution display of album art and track information
•Automatic discovery of Stream Magic network music players on the network
•Save currently playing stations to memory
•Add, remove and re-order tracks in the playback queue
•Support for Cambridge Audio BT100
•Digital input selection (Stream Magic 6)
•Powering off/idle (Stream Magic 6)
•Volume control (Stream Magic 6) using Android volume buttons
* Where available. Some premium services require a subscription.
Except for artist name and album/track title it also display artist images from last.fm. However, neither this application nor the developer is endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by last.fm.
The current version don't work if the Squeezebox Server or Logitech Media Server is password protected, and it doesn't work with players only connected to mysqueezebox.com.
The Logitech UE Smart Radio is a dedicated music device with integrated speakers and color display that plays Internet radio stations, subscription music services and the digital music files stored on your PC or Mac®. To learn more about the Logitech UE Smart Radio, visit www.logitechUE.com.
By combining the Logitech UE Smart Radio Controller with your Logitech UE Smart Radio, you transform your music listening experience into something totally new. Control your music from across the room or across the house—anywhere you can connect to your Wi-Fi® network.
This app is much more than a just a remote, it also gives you seamless navigation of multiple music sources. All in a simple, unified interface.
You’ll have control over a world of music right from the palm of your hand.
- Quickly access and control all the music for your smart radio including Internet radio, music services and your local music library.
- Add radio stations, playlists, albums and more to your list of favorites.
- View album art, artist, as well as track and album name.
- Sign into and control music services such as SiriusXM®, Pandora®, Spotify®, TuneIn™, MOG® and others, without launching additional apps.
- Logitech UE Smart Radio
- Wireless network
The music catalog is offered by SoundCloud®.
At Soongz you:
- keep track of global music trends;
- find artists, songs and albums;
- artists ranking;
- get to know similar songs based on what you are listening;
- have millions of songs available to listen when and how you want, without any stops;
- Read the song lyrics of your preferred artists (lyrics offered by Vagalume Mídia Ltda via API)
- You can listen all Soundcloud music online via streaming.
Com o Vagalume você pode ouvir as suas músicas e acompanhar a letra, podendo escolher entre áudio ou vídeo tudo em um só lugar.
Acompanhe as principais notícias e lançamentos.
Escute as suas playlists com o Meu Vagalume.
Fique por dentro de tudo que rola no mundo da música com o Vagalume.
NEW DESIGN AND EXPERIENCE
Designed for simplicity and a richer user experience, the Stream Magic Lite takes advantage of your Android device (mobile phone and tablet - small, normal, large or xLarge) to maximise speed and fluid control for the way you wish to enjoy your music.
Introducing the new queueing system - gain full access to your music stored across your home network and local Android device, and enjoy your music in a way that suites you from the Stream Magic Lite app. Can I share this experience at the same time with my partner, friend or any other Android device? Yes, simply get connected to the same network player and seamlessly enjoy concurrent use and control of the queue. Search Internet radio stations by name, country, genre or all at the same time for precise results and save your favourites as presets from the Stream Magic Lite app to your Cambridge Audio Player.
•Improved design and layout.
•Full control of any Stream Magic powered Cambridge Audio network music player.
•Browse and play tracks from UPnP servers or NAS drives connected to the same network.
•Richer music experience via the Queue.
•Browse and search over 20,000 Internet Radio stations from across the world via the Stream Magic Internet Radio service.
•High-resolution display of album art and track information.
•Automatic discovery of Stream Magic network music players on the network.
•Save currently playing stations to presets/memory.
•Support for Cambridge Audio BT100.
•Digital input selection.
•USB browsing unavailable.
•Adding to the queue via folder actions is not currently possible with some network music servers.
**These limitations are centric to the app only. Full access to the named services are accessible via the front panel of your Cambridge Audio network player.
- Double Up – Wirelessly Double Up with a second UE BOOM or UE MEGABOOM and take your party to 11. Use the app to control the balance and to choose between Stereo or Double sound.
- Remote Control – Use the app as a remote control to power your UE BOOM on/off from afar.
- Alarm - Start last night's party all over again–every morning. UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs, Spotify playlists, Pandora stations and more. Because the party never actually stops–you just pass out.
- Customizable 5-band EQ - Use the fully customizable five-band equalizer to custom-tune the sound so it's just right for you. Need a little more bass? Done. More highs and mids? No problem. You set it how you like it.
- Wireless Speaker Updates – Wirelessly update the software on your UE BOOM to get all the latest ear-blowing features.
- Settings – Personalize your UE BOOM’s name, language and more all through the app.
- Learn – Use the UE BOOM How To guide to learn all about what your UE BOOM can do.
Orange Squeeze automatically discovers and connects to your local Logitech Media Server (formerly Squeezebox Server) over WiFi, or the mysqueezebox.com web site.
November 2013 -- New in 2.0 -- Compatible with KitKat -- Free upgrade!!!
- Full tablet support with fluid grid-style browsing that accentuates your beautiful artwork. Configure how large you want your grids to be, or if you you can choose to revert back to traditional list-style browsing.
- New UI based on the standard Android action bar and navigation drawer patterns. Your home menu and player list are just a swipe away at any time!
- New artist artwork generation technique using a more traditional grid instead of the overlapping cards model in the past.
- The current playlist view is updated to include some nice gestures, such as swipe-to-remove and also long-press to reorder. Overall the current playlist view is faster and more robust than before.
- Orange Squeeze will now broadcast track and player metadata, allowing consumption of track and player metadata by third-party apps.
- New track download backend that works around some issues with the previous one based on the Android download manager.
Fast browsing available immediately with no waiting for scans or database synchronization. Full search capabilities coupled with an intuitive and seamless interface make listening to music on your Squeezeboxen fun and convenient. Advanced caching heuristics make for a smooth, seamless experience.
Fully integrated and tested with Pandora, Mog, and other online services available on your Squeezebox.
- Can automatically mute players when a phone call is received, and optionally unmute them after you hang up.
- Use your phone's volume keys to control your player volume.
- Helpful user interface that introduces you to advanced features progressively.
- Drag and drop playlist and menu management for easy customization
- Works with password-protected servers.
- Synchronization, player sleep, and alarm support
- Clean, seamless integration with SqueezePlayer. Note that this requires the separate purchase of the SqueezePlayer app.
A huge thank you to everyone who helped test this release via Orange Squeeze Preview!
A brief discussion of some of the permissions Orange Squeeze requires:
The permission "READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY" is used strictly to detect when calls are made or received so that automatic player muting will work.
The permission "MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARD" allows the app to download tracks to your external storage and also place the application's artwork cache on the external storage.
The permission "FULL NETWORK ACCESS" allows the app to connect to either mysqueezebox.com or your local Logitech Media Server installation.
Tested in-house on the original Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 (2012). Supported on all Android devices running 2.2 and higher.