Are you studying Japanese but do not master Kana syllabaries yet?
Now you can learn Hiragana and Katakana in an easy and fun way with Memorize Kana. Accept the challenge, exercise your memory and learn Japanese, all at the same time!
• Romaji → Hiragana: Learn this syllabary by matching up Hiragana characters and Romaji.
• Romaji → Katakana: Learn this syllabary by matching up Katakana characters and Romaji.
• Hiragana → Katakana: Review your knowledge by matching up Hiragana and Katakana characters.
• Easy: Monographs only.
• Medium: Monographs with diacritics (dakuten/handakuten).
• Hard: Monographs and digraphs with diacritics.
• Small: Match 10 pairs of cards in 120 seconds.
• Regular: Match 15 pairs of cards in 210 seconds.
• Big: Match 20 pairs of cards in 240 seconds.
How to play:
• Each syllable is represented by a card.
• The goal is to match all of them in pairs, before time runs out.
• At start, cards are randomly arranged in rows and columns on the board game.
• You must flip the cards by clicking on them, two at a time.
• If they match up, you will hear the syllable and the cards will be discarded from the board.
• If they do not, you must keep flipping cards.
• When you match all of them on time, you win the game.
Hint for beginners:
? When the light bulb icon is clicked, you will hear the syllable every time you flip a card. This way you may learn the characters you don't know yet.
This game features the following music tracks:
♫ "Ume No Kaori (feat. Sunawai)" by The Kyoto Connection
♫ "Our Air Decisively Changed : あれから空気は" by Ambient Samurai - Ichiro NAKAGAWA
♫ "Game at Heart" by Ozzed
We would like to give our sincere thanks to these artists for letting us use their music in our game as well as for supporting the freedom of culture through Creative Commons licenses. If you like their music, please visit their websites and show them your support.
Do you like Memorize Kana? Please rate it on Google Play and let us know your opinion.
We are always looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for helping us improve our games!
Please email us if you have any feedback, questions, or suggestions:
You can also stop by our blog to find the latest developments:
or follow @OrigameStudio on twitter: