The app determines your location and delivers a live traffic map showing back-ups and jams in your area. Drag and move the interactive map as needed to quickly and easily see how traffic is stacking up for your trip or commute.
Don’t mess with slow-loading and confusing traffic cameras. There is no need to weed through page after page of text and nonsense. Just load the map, see the jams – it’s just that easy.
The GPS functionality of the Chicago Traffic Tracker gives you live traffic information for wherever you are at this moment - even if you are outside of Chicago or even the state of Illinois.
In addition, we have included GPS targeted weather conditions/forecasts/alerts so you will know what to expect before you hit the road.
With Chicago Traffic Tracker you get:
• GPS targeted traffic for your location
• Tips on the best gas prices in Chicago and the suburbs
• CTA information and alerts
• GPS targeted weather conditions/forecast/alerts
Our sleek crowd-sourced traffic app helps make your drive easier. See an incident along your route? Report it to fellow drivers with the “shake to report” feature. Sign up to get traffic alerts! We’ll send you notifications or email alerts when there are issues that will impact your drive. Check turn by turn driving directions within the Trip Report screen for those times when you are traveling to an unfamiliar place.
Beat the Traffic’s Smart Route is a re-routing feature that helps save you time. Customized to your route, Smart Route appears when there’s a better alternate route available based on real-time road conditions.
For full app functionality, register a free account and personalize your app with routes and trips that matter to you.
Over 2 million users have Beat the Traffic on their phone. Download Beat the Traffic and Get there sooner.
• Register for free to fully personalize your app
• Get estimated travel time, traffic flow, incidents and traffic cameras all on one screen
• Full map view gives you a quick snap shot of traffic flow, incidents, traffic cameras and weather
• Newly added push notification traffic alerts
• Newly added text directions provide turn by turn instructions
• Re-routing with ‘Smart Route’ provides you the best alternate route
• Report incidents to fellow drivers
• Watch real-time traffic reports live from our in-studio Traffic Specialists*
Our team is continually working to give you the best. Email your feedback and suggestions anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to hear from you! Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @Beat_Traffic.
*Traffic report videos are currently only available for the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
1) A zoomable, scrollable map-based display
2) TravelWise alerts
3) Current trafﬁc conditions on Utah’s freeways and major surface streets
4) Lists of accidents, road construction activities, and other hazards
5) Special events that affect trafﬁc (sports events, etc.)
6) Current road weather conditions and road weather forecasts
7) Seasonal road closure status
8) Closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images
9) Electronic roadway sign messages
UDOT's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) uses technology to save lives, time, and money. It is a computer-controlled system designed to monitor and manage trafﬁc ﬂow on freeways and major surface streets. System components include CCTV cameras, electronic roadway signs, trafﬁc speed and volume sensors, pavement sensors, and weather sensors.
This is very useful for those who live in Chicago and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news (NBC, Chicago Tribute, Chicago Mag, Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, csn Chicago, chicago sun-times)
- City Map with top attractions
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in Chicago
- Public Transport (CTA, Amtrack, Subway)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info
We not affiliated with the of the news providers shown within this application.
© 2011 FF labs. All trademarks and copyrights used here are the property of their respective entites.
All rights reserved.
- Art and Culture,
- Social Media,
- Sports Events,
- Food Events,
- Digital Art,
- Marathons, Triathlons and Obstacle Races
Select and follow your favorite events on Twitter with #hashtags already included, share using Facebook, Google+ Email, SMS so your friends get on the action, too.
This app provides you with live updates about traffic incidents and access to live traffic cameras from the Transport Management Centre (TMC).
• Latest traffic information for Sydney and Regional NSW including incidents, major events, fires, floods, alpine conditions and roadworks.
• Access to live traffic cameras with images updated every 60 seconds.
• View incidents and cameras near your current location using maps or in a text list.
• Save your favourite routes, and set up scheduled alerts to notify you of incidents on your routes.
• View current travel times for M1, M4 and M7.
• Save your favourite cameras for quick access, and swipe between them to check traffic conditions before you start your journey.
The Transport Management Centre (TMC) monitors and manages the 18,000km NSW State road network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The TMC uses advanced monitoring, communication and traffic management systems to respond to and clear traffic incidents as quickly as possible, improve consistency of journey times, and provide the public with quality up-to-date information.
Our aim is to help motorists make the best possible travel decisions that will, in turn, contribute to the safe and efficient management of our roads.
We're committed to ensuring that Live Traffic NSW meets the needs of travellers in NSW, and your feedback is essential. If you have any ideas, suggestions for improvement or questions about the app, please contact us by using the feedback form within the app.
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Chicago is a huge vibrant city and sprawling metropolitan area. It is the home of the blues and the truth of jazz, the heart of comedy and the first builder of the skyscraper. Here, the age of railroads found its center, and airplanes followed. It is one of the world's great cities, and yet the metropolitan luxuries of theater, shopping, and fine dining have barely put a dent in real Midwestern friendliness. It's a city with a swagger, but without the surliness or even the fake smiles that can be found in other cities.
As the hub of the Midwest, Chicago is easy to find —its picturesque skyline calls across the waters of huge Lake Michigan, a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art, and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
To further increase usability Chicago Crime Map also has multiple overlay maps available for viewing. Based only upon the information provided by the city of Chicago crime database, an attempted statistical analysis (or algorithm) was developed into the default map view. Within this default map, areas of historically high crime verses the areas of historically low crime can be easily differentiated by their respective color. This algorithm calculates a crime rating for each 1,000 meter square and assigns a color solely based on the Chicago crime data. The crime rating is assigned by statistical data comparison; essentially, each 1,000 meter square is compared to all the other squares on the map. In other views a user can change their map based on a specific type of crime: assault, battery, burglary, criminal damage, homicide, narcotics, prostitution, robbery, sexual assault, vehicle theft, and violent.
This application uses the Crime Data provided by the city of Chicago as the sole foundation for the data presented. The city of Chicago does not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of the Crime Data provided and thus neither do the developers of the Chicago Crime Map application. The developers of this application shall have zero liability for the use of or results derived from the use of the Chicago Crime Map application. When using the Chicago Crime Map application, the user should remember that the crime data provided by the city of Chicago only includes reported crimes. The Chicago Crime Map application does not guarantee “safe” and “unsafe” areas. The use of the Chicago Crime Map application indicates the user’s unconditional acceptance of all risks associated with the use of the Chicago Crime Map application.
The Chicago Crime Map application is provided as is and does not include any warranty of any kind. The risk of using the application in terms of quality and performance is with the user.
Features of Triposo’s guide to Chicago:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for day trip destinations.
* An offline map of the city
Museums In Chicago isnt just a digital yellow pages like most museum apps. U get useful info like:
Works w/Samsung Galaxy Tab!
-choose by category
-1 touch navigation to address
-directly email & phone museum
-hours of operation & cost
-easily link to collections,events,etc
-rental & intern availability
-Show museums on map
Follow on Twitter @AndroidsFuture
NEW! Lite version and Pro version have the SAME FEATURES! Upgrade to Pro to remove the ads.
There's no better tool for exploring and getting around Chicago than the Chicago Transit Authority. But with more than 140 bus and train routes covering 2,230 route miles, the system itself can be a challenge to learn. Chicago Transit Tracker can help ensure that you get the most out of the CTA.
"I think this is the greatest app ever" -C.R.
-Real-time Bus and Train Trackers!
-Add and organize multiple 'L' and Bus routes in My Routes
-Reorder, group and organize those routes into groups for each access
-Map predicted buses on your route with a single tap
-Save (export) your list of routes to backup, and load (import) them from backup. Simply go to Settings to save or load your list. Great for when you need to reinstall your app or upgrade to Pro!
-Closest Routes lookup based on your location (limited to a single route in Lite version)
-Alarms to tell you when to walk out the door
-Smooth flashing indicators to alert you of changes
-Filter by name when creating route
-Report crashes to us to improve your experiences down the road
Why Pro vs. Lite?
- The Pro version removes ads.
TRACKER APP FEATURES:-
*** PLEASE SCROLL HORIZONTALLY TO VIEW PACE TAB ***
•Create groups and organize your favorite stops/routes.
•You can add bus and train stops or routes to your favorite list for quick access.
•View all stop schedules in a group simultaneously. If there is more than one train/bus stops near you, you can add bus and train stops to a group and then you can view all the arrival times in a single screen. This feature helps you get more than one train/stop arrival times at the same time.
•Search and filter by stop name or route number.
•Displays train stops in travel direction order instead of alphabetical order.
•Provides arrival time estimates in minutes, local Chicago time, distance to stop in miles or feet, travel direction, destination name, route name, vehicle number.
•Provides a functionality to display all routes at your stop and filter arrival times by train destinations.
•Provides search bus/train routes and stops option.
•Provides bus & train status and alerts (route changes, stop relocation etc)
•View nearby bus and train stops in list or map.
•View bus schedules and real times locations on the map.
* Buy Pro version to view METRA, South Shore Indiana schedules.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the CTA.
View all the latest traffic information for all incidents and roadworks, or filter by just the roads you are interested in, and even show it on a map so you can see exactly where it is. All presented cleanly and simply with no fuss.
This app can automatically download the latest alerts hourly and notify you if one of your roads has an alert that you need to be aware of. This app is everything you need to beat the traffic!
* Instant information on incidents and roadworks all over the UK, direct from the UK Highways Agency.
* Shows a map of the exact location of the incident.
* Alerts you if there is an incident on one of your selected roads.
* Quickly and easily see all incidents on any roads in the UK.
If you like this app, please leave a rating! If you have any problems, queries or suggestions, please email me at email@example.com. All my apps come with no-quibble money back guarantee.
"RTA Live Traffic NSW provides enhanced traffic information; giving you up-to-the minute news of incidents and conditions that affect your journey." - RTA
- Live traffic information
- Major incidents
- Traffic hazard information such as roadwork, special events and emergencies, such as bushfires and floods.
- Bi-directional traffic flows on major NSW State roads that show if traffic is light, medium or heavy.
- Variable Message Signs showing real-time traffic messages that are displayed on electronic road signs.
This traffic region starts from the Sydney Harbour Bridge and extends to Alfords Point and Taren Point Bridges in the south. It covers the Sydney CBD, and the eastern suburbs of Watsons Bay to La Perouse. It also covers the inner western suburbs bounded by Lidcombe and Strathfield
This traffic region starts at the Sydney Harbour Bridge and extends north to the Hawkesbury River Bridge at Brooklyn. It includes the Northern Beaches suburbs of Manly to Palm Beach. In the north west the region is bounded by Castle Hill and Ryde
This traffic region is bounded by Liverpool and Sylvania to the north to Waterfall and Appin to the south. It extends from Kurnell and the Royal National Park in the east to Warragamba and Picton in the west
This traffic region covers Bankstown, Auburn and Parramatta and stretches as far west as the lower Blue Mountains, including Katoomba and Mulgoa. It is bounded by Sackville and the Wollami National Park in the north west and extends as far south as Cabramatta
Regional NSW - North
This traffic region starts north of the Hawkesbury River Bridge at Brooklyn and extends as far north as Tweed Heads and the Queensland border. It covers the Central Coast and extends to Wisemans Ferry in the south. The area is bounded by Gunnedah and Merriwa in the west and includes the towns of Grafton, Armidale and Tamworth
Regional NSW - South
This traffic region is bounded by the South Australian border and Wentworth in the west to Bega and Batemans Bay in the east. The region extends as for south as Deniliquin and the Victorian border and as far north as Helensburgh and Abercrombie. The region includes the towns of Griffith, Young and Wollongong
Regional NSW - West
This traffic region is bounded by Broken Hill and the South Australian border to the west to Mudgee and the Blue Mountains in the east. This region extends as far north as Tibooburra and the Queensland border and as far south as Cowra and Marsden. The region includes the towns of Dubbo, Parkes and Bourke
This app contains traffic information for NSW (Australia) only.
The accuracy or suitability of the Data is not verified and it is provided on an “as is” basis.
The data for this application is sourced directly from: RTA Live Traffic NSW
It is illegal in all Australian states and territories to use a hand-held mobile phone while driving.
* Live Traffic Cameras from all around New Zealand, including cities such as Auckland, Hamilton,Christchurch, Wellington, Tauranga and Dunedin.
* Homescreen with 4 webcam shortcuts
* Congestion information for each webcam (if available)
* Map view showing cameras location
* Supports moving to SD card
Note: Only shows traffic information from within New Zealand.
Suggestions or feedback? Let us know!
Disclaimer: Traffic information and webcam images are provided by the NZ Transport Agency.
Keywords: Traffic, cameras, congestion,map,webcams,transit, New Zealand, NZ, Auckland, Hamilton, Christchurch, Wellington, Dunedin,honeycomb, android 3.0, tablet, tablet optimized, tablet layout
More from developer
Now works with Motorola Droid!