Commentaries on the Whole Bible
Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible you find in my apps
Also I recommend you "Bible Concordance & Strongs" which you find in my app. You find there Bible Concordance, Strong's Concordance and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
Written by well-known and popular theologians, Bible commentaries aid in the study of Scripture by providing explanation and interpretation of Biblical text. Whether you are just beginning to read Scripture or have been studying the Bible daily, commentaries offer greater understanding with background information on authorship, history, setting, and theme of the Gospel. Verse by verse exposition of the New and Old Testament can be found in commentary written by one of the greatest Christian church leaders - Matthew Henry
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible is developed from the author's rare ability to express profound spiritual insights with simplicity and eloquence. His writings have been read and enjoyed for both their scholarship and devotion. For over 250 years this commentary has been one of the most widely used of all Bible commentaries.
Matthew Henry was born near Wales on October 18, 1662.
Henry was primarily home-educated by his father, Rev. Philip Henry, and also at the Thomas Doolittle academy from 1680-1682. Henry first started studying law in 1686, but instead of pursuing a career in law he began to preach in his neighborhood.
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths. There is also a smaller devotional commentary on the Bible from Henry known as Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary.
Spurgeon used Henry's commentary and commended it heartily, saying: "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
I want to thank the wonderful people -Lynn Moore and lulu Couture (Maria) - who really helped me in the making of this concordance - a huge thanks to them!
It's almost "Strong's Exhaustive Bible Concordance", I made my own search by the Bible ( it supports search by several words)
Here you will find:
Alphabet index of all words from the Bible (total in app 12839) ("the, and, of" are excluded - don't use them in search query)
Bible Concordance - also you can search by several biblical words using space between them
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries with information from Hebrew and Greek Lexicons. Use numbers in search query to find them. Excluded some Greek words which not used in the Bible - G1400, G1418, G2717, G3203-G3302, G4452 and G5104
Strong's Concordance- the concordance you find below information of the Strong's number
All bible verses in concordance with clickable strongs numbers!
I hope this app will be your perfect companion in the study of the Bible!
Also I hope you will not have to carry a heavy book and spend much time on the search.
You need about 18Mb on your phone and about 47Mb on your SD card.
If you want to see concordance of another bible version or may be another language (without strong's numbers and concordance) - please let me know.
If you are annoyed about ads - try paid version "Bible & Strongs Concordance" which you find in my apps.
Feel free to contact me if you want to improve or have any problems with this app.
Made for you who wish to learn more about the word of the Lord !
Now you can do a prayer request.
With an intuitive interface and easy to read even on devices with small screens and the ability to zoom using the pincer movement. The best Bible Glossary ever.
- Share Verses through Whatsapp!
- Places in Bible
- New Bible Facts
- Prayer Request
- Share mode
- All Biblical Places
- Complete Dictionary A - Z
- All Biblical names and their meanings
- Bible Plan
- Biblical themes for different situations
- Link to Audio Bible MP3
There are over 100 stories in the app. These are grouped in eight parts. A page at the beginning of each part tells briefly what is found in that part. The stories appear in the order that events occurred in history.
Feature this app you can :
- Find word / sentence on story.
- Bookmark page.
* Over 90.000 dictionary, encyclopedia and concordance entries.
* 8 full reference books at hand: Easton's Bible Dictionary, Smith's Bible Dictionary, Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary, The King James Version (KJV) Bible Dictionary, Nave's Topical Bible, the Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia, Torrey's New Topical Textbook and the Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (JFB Commentary)
* Very fast and simple to use.
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Study the Holy Scriptures anytime, anywhere, no Internet connection required. Define any term, anywhere!
* Search inside one of the dictionaries or all at the same time.
* Powerful search system. With the amplified search, find any term and/or definitions using different criteria.
* Big text option to improve readability
* Bookmark your favorite entries for quick future reference.
* Share any entry by e-mail, SMS, etc.
* Listen to the definitions using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer with American or British accent.
Q: How can I share a verse from the list?
A: Just pressing for 2 or 3 seconds and a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
To save your favorite entries in the SD card:
- Modify/delete SD card contents
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Praise the Lord! God bless you!
John 1:1-51 KJV - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
* Bibles, Commentaries, Theological Dictionaries, Maps, and Christian books in over 50 languages
* Off-line for everything after initial download including search, notes, commentaries, etc.
* Chinese, Russian, German, French, Hungarian, Czech, Polish, Hebrew, Hindi, ... user interface localisations
* Various Bible reading plans
* Totally free, no ads, no e-mails
* Over 40 English Bibles including ESV, KJV and NET
* 29 Bible commentaries
* Extensive dictionary and Christian book collection
* All documents legally distributed (the reason documents like NKJV and NIV are not available)
* Strong's integration allows Greek and Hebrew word analysis
* Split screen
* Write personal notes
* Select any interface language from a list of over 25
* Flexible search
* Maps of the bible lands
* Listen to any document read out for you
* Automatic scrolling, automatic day/night mode
* Compare all Bible translations on a single screen
* One of the fastest Bible apps on Android
* Open source - improve or change the code if you like
* Uses the powerful JSword engine from CrossWire
We are all volunteers; we don't send out nagging e-mails; don't display annoying advertisements; never ask for or receive donations; don't ask for registration; And Bible does not collect any data from your mobile.
The provenance of all documents is thoroughly researched to ensure all documents can be legally distributed or permission has been granted by the copyright holder e.g. ESV. That is also the reason And Bible can not contain documents like NIV and NKJV.
The new Custom CSS Stylesheet feature is described here: http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/CustomStylesheets
1. Touch current document/passage top left to open Navigator.
2. Don't use Back button to exit, press the Home or Task Switcher button.
3. To download more documents after the start press Menu button/More/Download Documents.
4. Modify System Settings is required to allow custom screen sleep time for And Bible.
5. The And Bible FAQ is here: http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/FAQ
Bible Study Resources
* King James Version Bible (preloaded)
* Bible-in-a-year reading plan (preloaded)
* Free translations: ASV, WEB, YLT, Darby, RVA, LSG, Thai KJV, AA (optional downloads)
* Free commentaries: Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Scofield Notes (optional downloads)
* Free devotionals: Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Light on the Daily Path (optional downloads)
* Free study tools: Easton's Bible Dictionary, KJV with Strong's numbers, Greek NT, Thompson Topics, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (optional downloads)
* Paid translations: NIV, NAS, NKJV, ESV, NVI (in-app purchases)
LISTEN! THE BIBLE HAS A VOICE
Presenting dramatic performances from a stellar cast that includes Academy Award winner Cuba Gooding Jr. (Judas), two-time Emmy Award winning actress and producer Patricia Heaton (Mary Magdalene), Tony Award nominated actor Norm Lewis (Solomon), Christopher Gorham (Jesus), Carlos Santos (Luke), Grammy Award nominated singer and songwriter Martha Munizzi (Abigail), Pastor Craig Groeschel (Amos), Christine Lakin (Jezebel), Phil Crowley (Moses), Emmy Award winning producer Pastor Miles McPherson (Ahlijah) and nine-time Grammy Award-winning singer and producer Kirk Franklin (Peter), along with many others.
3D Enhanced Sound
*Option to download the enhanced audio (4 GB)
*Entire 79 hours of standard audio download (1.4 GB)
*Read and listen to NIV Live anywhere without an Internet connection
Verse Sync Technology
*Watch as the text moves in sync at verse level with the dramatized audio
*Bookmark your favorite verse or establish a playlist order of your own
*Verses highlight in sync with NIV Live audio
*Easily follow the audio as you read
*Great for studying scripture
*Remembers where you left off
*Simply search the Bible for a phrase or keyword and the search results instantly are displayed
*Searching the Bible has never been easier and more effective
*Create your own playlist within the Bible
*30-Day Bible Challenge reading/listening plan
*McCheyne's 365-Day Plan and the New Testament in 40 Days included
*Easily read and listen to the Bible in Chronological order
Jump to Anywhere
*Bible grid allows you to easily and quickly access anywhere in the Bible
*Quickly beat anyone to a verse lookup challenge!
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
*Like us on Facebook – http://facebook.com/nivlive
*Follow us on Twitter – http://twitter.com/thenivlive
*Experience NIV Live online – http://nivlive.com
Download the most trusted and popular translation of the Bible and experience the Word like never before!
The Holy Bible, King James Version
First Published 1611. The 1789. Edition.
The Old Testament and The New Testament.
* Note: The installation size of the application is 1.9 MB
* Offline Bible version.
The application comprises:
- Daily and nightly mode for reading
- Adjust the text size
- Search verse by word or phrase using "quoted text"
- Bookmark favorite verses
- Mark favorite verses with specific color and add notes
✔ New Search functionality. Accessing from application menu or search button.
✔ The issue with showing more than 99 verses was fixed.
✔ The issue with font size on Samsung Galaxy Note and S3 was fixed.
✔ The problem with application Menu was fixed.
Menu option was not shown for Android v3 and higher.
✔ New functionality.
Viewing of user markers and favorites.
1. Save recently.
2. MP3 Voice Real.
3. Easy use.
4. Copy & Paste.
5. Note (Write and Read)
6. Auto Scrolling!
If you help me,
This app for you ! JESUS!
* A completely new, user friendly and catchy user interface.
* A new Quiz Game option with multiple levels included.
* All share options available in the device included
We are proud and happy to release the Holy Bible Offline (KJV) in android for free. Holy Bible Application is simply designed to make it available OFFLINE complete. Internet connection is not required to read the bible verses. The app contains both "Old Testament" and "New Testament". Search option is also provided for quick reference of King James Version. Forum has been included to have spiritual discussions.
We sincerely hope that this app will rejoice you.
App requires two permissions, namely
1. Your Location (For Ads)&
2. Network Communication (For Ads)
Please feel free to mail us your feedback. We are glad to accommodate to your suggestions in the App.
*************** Updates in Version 1.4.3 Released on 09th Dec 2014 *****************
* New payment support Version 3.0 from Google implemented.
*************** Updates in Version 1.4.1 Released on 09th Dec 2014 *****************
* Settings option added in the verse reading page
* Day / Night reading modes added
* Increase decrease font sizes added
* Adjust screen brightness added
* Bugs fixed.
- Works Offline
- 75 different bible translations available to download.
- Installation in SD Card (Version 2.2 or higher).
- Search words inside the Bible
- Support for small screen phones. Like the Xperia Mini
- Fix the chapter screen for different screen sizes
- Fix the bible search when the search return no match.
- Share in SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Email etc
- Night Read Mode
- Option to remove ads.
- Books in alphabetically order (optional).
- Higher fonts selection.
- Tablet layout (HD).
- Cantor Cristão
- Multi words search
- Notes (Personal Notes)
- Marker verse colors
- Copy Verse
- Talking Verse (beta)
- Reading Bible Plan
English: King James Version
English: American Standard Version
English: Basic English Bible
English: Darby Version
English: Webster\'s Bible
English: Weymouth NT
English: World English Bible
English: Young\'s Literal Translation
Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Spanish: Reina Valera NT (1858)
Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
Portuguese: King James Version
Arabic: Smith and Van Dyke
Aramaic NT: Peshitta
Armenian (Eastern): (Genesis, Exodus, Gospels)
Armenian (Western): NT
Basque (Navarro-Labourdin): NT
Chamorro (Psalms, Gospels, Acts)
Chinese: NCV (Traditional)
Chinese: Union (Simplified)
Chinese: NCV (Simplified)
Chinese: Union (Traditional)
Coptic: Bohairic NT
Coptic: New Testament
Dutch Staten Vertaling
Finnish: Bible (1776)
Finnish: Pyha Raamattu (1933/1938)
French: Louis Segond (1910)
French: Martin (1744)
French: Ostervald (1996 revision)
Georgian (Gospels, Acts, James)
German: Elberfelder (1871)
German: Elberfelder (1905)
German: Luther (1545)
German: Luther (1912)
Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550/1894)
Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.
Greek NT: Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants
Hebrew OT: Aleppo Codex
Italian: Giovanni Diodati Bible (1649)
Italian: Riveduta Bible (1927)
Latin: Nova Vulgata
Latin: Vulgata Clementina
Latvian New Testament
Manx Gaelic (Esther, Jonah, Four Gospels)
Myanmar/Burmse: Judson (1835)
Norwegian: Det Norsk Bibelselskap (1930)
Potawatomi: (Matthew, Acts) (Lykins, 1844)
Russian: Synodal Translation (1876)
Russian: Makarij Translation (Pentateuch) (1825)
Scots Gaelic (Gospel of Mark)
Tagalog: Ang Biblia (1905)
Ukrainian: NT (P.Kulish, 1871)
1. KJV Bible Dictionary
2. Easton's Bible Dictionary
3. Smith's Bible Dictionary
4. Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia
5. J-F-B Commentary
6. Hitchcock's Bible names Dictionary
7. Torrey's New Topical Textbook
8. Nave's Topical Bible
* easy searching
* easy switching between dictionaries
* easy adding to favorite
* easy navigation of recent words
* Zooming function of definition view
* Dynamic user interface for different screen sizes
Tags: Holy bible, bible study, bible dictionary, commentary, KJV, Eastons, smiths, Naves
Functions: select Bible book; select chapter; scroll or click verse link to verse; go to previous chapter; go to next chapter; 200 history; search; bookmark; user define font size and color; user sort Bible Versions.
Current bible versions: King James Version (KJV), Chinese Union Version (Simplified) (CUVS)簡體中文和合本, Chinese New Version (Traditional) (CNVT)繁體中文新譯本, New Living Translation (NLT), Chinese Union Version (Traditional) (CUVT)繁體中文和合本,New International Version (NIV), English Standard Version (ESV)
AMP and NASB were removed as copyright owner required.
To install Beta version, please join my Google group by login https://groups.google.com and search 789ijk, click 789ijk then click "Join group to post". Or you can Email me. Once you join, you can update to new Beta from https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.zs.multiversionsbiblestatic.
IF YOU HAVE ISSUE BECAUSE ROTATED SCREEN OR STORAGE ISSUE, PLEASE CLOSE THE APP AND REOPEN IT, OR CLICK "REBUILD APP" MENU.
Please select "External storage" for Storage type in main screen Settings menu to avoid App crash caused by clean up Apps