Learn Cantonese is an easy to use mobile phrasebook that will give visitors to Hong Kong, Macau and those who are interested in learning Cantonese a good start in the language. Learn Cantonese is recorded using a native speaker and we have tried our best to be authentic in the pronunciation whilst ensuring it is easy to understand. Recommended app for tourists and business people visiting Hong Kong and Macau.
Lite version contains 300+ common words and phrases included for FREE. Upgrade and unlock all 900+ phrases in 18 categories.
* Carefully translated list of essential phrases
* High quality audio pronunciation by native speaker
* Play all phrases automatically in each category
* Ability to adjust font size
* No internet connection required
* Highlight important words with tips
* Store frequently used phrases in favourites
* Search by keywords
* No adverts or annoying popups
* General conversation
* Directions and places
* Eating out
Upgrade and unlock all 900+ phrases in these categories.
* Time and date
* Towns and provinces
* Tourist attractions
* Feeling sick
* Tongue twisters
If you like this app and find it useful please take a few seconds to give us a rating in the Android Market. For comments and suggestions please send an email to email@example.com. We love getting feedback from users of our apps.
Follow us on twitter : http://www.twitter.com/codegentapps
♦ Learn, translate and travel
♦ User-friendly design
♦ Search by English or Cantonese
♦ Quick Search technology
♦ Large database for words and phrase
♦ Authentic English/Cantonese pronunciation
♦ Offline search
♦ Copy search result
♦ Favorite function for storing words
♦ History function for recalling search records
♦ Share result via Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Line, etc…
In the dictionary, you can search and translate in two direction, i.e. English to Cantonese or Cantonese to English. More than translation, you can learn to speak the phrases or vocabulary in both languages of correct grammar. This app is the best for languages leaner, beginners and kids, Bring the app with you when you are having lessons or courses.
This translator provides authentic pronunciation of the translation. You can hear the voices and audios in the dict. Thus talk and say phrases and vocabulary in different lingo. The search function work perfectly offline without internet connection. This language enabler/ converter is definitely what you need in travel, business and study in Hong Kong and Macau!
- Over 2000+ Common Phrase verbs, vocabularies and sentences with native Pronunciation.
- Extremely useful and Easy to Use.
- Many everyday subjects with carefully categorized.
- Recored and Compare your pronunciation.
- Instant search for Phrases by English and Cantonese.
- Bookmark and manage your favorites.
- No Internet connection required, use it anytime, anywhere.
- This app is a perfect travel companion when visiting Cantonese speaking countries and you don’t speak the language – and nobody understands yours.
✓ Every Cantonese word is pronounced clearly in high quality audio from a native speaker.
✓ All audio is downloaded to your device, and is available offline or in airplane mode.
✓ Master your accent with the Speech Studio. Simply record yourself saying a phrase and then hear your voice next to the teacher’s. Then try again. You’ll be AMAZED how quickly your foreign accent melts away.
✓ Nemo is not built around lessons at all. It is meant to be picked up throughout the day, whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
✓ NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of Cantonese is required.
Nemo targets the words and phrases most often used in conversation. For beginners, we’ve prepared “If You Only Learn 10 Things”, “If You Only Learn 50 Things”, and “If You Only Learn 100 Things” lists for a fast introduction to the essentials. Intermediate learners can progress to a course of the highest frequency words needed for travel and business and begin to have conversations in Cantonese in a month. Advanced students will benefit most from the Speech Studio technology to correct their foreign accent.
With Nemo, you can customize flashcards to exercise the language skill you want to improve. When beginning a new topic, setup flashcards to practice translation of Cantonese to English so you can build familiarity with new words. Next, switch to translate English to Cantonese to train your recall and ability to speak. To complete mastery, switch to cards that specialize in fine-tuning your listening and perfecting your pronunciation.
Any card can be marked as a favorite, allowing you to make your own custom deck of cards to focus on the words of the day. Turn on Review Mode to recap what you practiced earlier in the day to boost your memory retention.
Dive into what you want to learn at any time. The phrasebook offers quick access to the vocabulary in the app through a Cantonese-English dictionary interface. Nemo also functions as a translator. Simply find the words you need in the search interface and play its audio through the device speaker.
◆ Get off the beaten path or find comfort with traveler phrases.
◆ Build your proficiency with numbers and the most important verbs and sentence building blocks.
Cantonese is the most commonly spoken language in Hong Kong, Macau and Guangdong province in southern China.
Use your new skills to make friends, impress old friends, bring smiles to children, get out of jams, experience new things, talk confidently, and make your travel and cultural experience more rich and fulfilling.
Download this free app now!
Casual Cantonese is an easy to use mobile resource that will aid you in your mission to learn the Cantonese language.
Casual Cantonese is recorded using native Hong Kong speakers and as such most vocabulary will be pronounced in 'lazy tone', this should minimise confusion when you first start to communicate with Hongkongers.
Casual Cantonese is FREE! We want to keep it this way, so for now it is supported by adverts (which I hope aren't too invasive).
* Jyutping, Yale and Hanzi
* High quality audio pronunciation by native speakers
* No internet connection required (after downloading add-on packs)
* Flash card memory game
* Quick-fire memory game
* Legacy language pack (includes 80+ words including; clothes, colours, numbers, family members and more)
* In the Classroom - Coming Soon (includes 50+ vocab that might come in helpful for teachers)
The dictionary Currently contains more than 1000 words in Yale Romanization to help you learn pronunciation as well as traditional Chinese characters to improve reading and writing skills.
Cantonese Academy separates its Cantonese vocabulary into twelve relevant categories with sub categories making them easy to find and easy to learn.
Cantonese Academy now allows users to create their own lists by simply selecting 'add to list' on any word in the dictionary, letting you have up to twelve different lists stored at once so you can focus on what you want to learn.
It is also easy to keep track of your learning with the new statistics section, visualising your progress through graphs and statistics of your current and overall performance.
If you are planning a trip to Hong Kong, Macau, Canton, Guangzhou or other places in southern China, or just wanting to learn something new this app's dictionary is essential for your stay and the games are a great way to prepare for your trip.
Cantonese Academy makes learning Cantonese fun with its games and dictionary!
"My favorite Cantonese learning app"
"Love the dictionary. Very useful"
We greatly value your feedback so please rate our app on the 'user reviews' tab above and if you have any issues don't hesitate to contact us with the 'Email Developer' link below.
Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning Cantonese just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite, you'll master 200 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the Cantonese language right on your Android device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Cantonese phrases. Learn Cantonese with audio recordings of a native Cantonese speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 200 most frequently used Cantonese words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert and free Cantonese audio lessons when you sign up for a free CantoneseClass101.com account inside the app.
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! Android Tablet support
- Cantonese Top 200 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in Hong Kong. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential Cantonese vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, and class. (Note: You will need an internet connection for the initial download)
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest CantoneseClass101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the Cantonese language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Cantonese learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive Android swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English or Cantonese
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
- Authentic Cantonese pronunciation
200 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
Ever wondered, why there aren't any good Cantonese dictionary apps in the Play Store? This app was created to fix this issue and provide an app with offline support, a great user interface and a competitive database with many casual expressions, used in the Cantonese language.
The dictionary is based on the Cantonese CEDICT database created by 廣府話小研究 Cantonese Resource.
★ More than 210K words and phrases
★ Quickly search words, characters or phrases
★ Offline use
★ Jyutping Romanization
★ Distinction of words and characters
★ Cantonese Text-To-Speech
★ More features coming in the future...
★ Please rate the app! If you have some ideas or suggestions on improvements, please post a comment.
This is a flashcard app I made for my two munchkins. It all started with the decision of teaching my daughter English first to make sure she can communicate with others at daycare. All was well until one day grandma was trying to converse with her via Skype but she ignored grandma because she couldn't understand what grandma said nor would have been able to respond back in Cantonese. It was heart breaking and hence I am determined to find ways to keep my kids exposed to Cantonese and aid them in learning this language. I hope it will help you as it did for me. If you see where I can improve this app, please let me know and I will gladly do what I can. Cheers!
- Latest news from Hong Kong in traditional Chinese.
- Instant lookup of characters and words at your fingertips, get both the jyutping and the english definition.
- Auto-generated wordlist for each news article.
New features in 1.6!:
- Word separation! Each identified word gets separated by extra space, enable this in settings. A unique and very useful feature for beginners.
- Keep track of reading time and lookups! How many words have you looked up? How many minutes did you read today?
- Set a daily reading target
- Get a daily reminder if you are not on track with your reading target
- Medium to Advanced cantonese learners.
- Native cantonese speakers that want to read the daily news and improve their english vocabulary
- Advanced and Native mandarin readers that want to learn Cantonese.
- Anyone interested in Hong Kong and Cantonese culture!
Please suggest additional features or problems that needs to be fixed in the comments. This is the first release so please don't leave a bad grade for features that are missing before I had a chance to add them or fix temporary bugs.
File Server sometime speed low, Please download all files.
可在線播放，下載到 SD Card 後離線播放，聲音文檔約有 1.5 GB
馬禮遜的新遺詔書與 和合本的新約 的翻譯的對比
操作視頻 @ youtube
若是要用於語言學習，建議使用 IOS 版有聲聖經。
Android 不能實現調整播放速度(檔案容量限制，小於 1MB)。
Our scientific proven algorithm reminds you at the exact time to review words so that you will never forget them. This ensures that you maximize your language learning impact with your precious time used as efficiently as possible.
Voclab will gradually increase the difficulty of words to ensure that you gain first a solid foundation of basic words before learning more complex ones. This enables you to quickly gain a good understanding of the language.
Voclab gives you the following advantages:
+ Over 4,000 Words with high quality native speaker Audio (>250 words in free version)
+ All words have been carefully selected to cover the most important Chinese Cantonese words
+ Special algorithm that considers your personal learning character to speed up your memorization
+ Fun Multiple Choice Quiz to test your knowledge
+ Follow your learning progress with our Statistics and ongoing Feedback
+ Get additional information for each word (e.g. word form and word category)
If you need to prepare for a specific exam or topic, you can also focus on specific word categories or level of difficulties. You can choose words from more than 50 word categories and four levels of difficulties.
Our word categories cover all important Chinese Cantonese words, ranging from essential categories like colors, days of the week to more advanced categories of e.g. Economics and sciences.
The VocLab algorithm takes care that you always learn words appropriate to your proficiency level.
Voclab is developed by a team of language learning experts with ten years of experience in developing language learning software.
If you like to learn more about our method, please visit our website at www.voclab.com.
Please note that the App needs close to 50MB in internal memory. Make sure you have enough space. It can be moved to SD card after installation.
We strongly suggest you to download and run the free trial version of the app to see if it is compatible with your device before purchasing the full version.
LITE VERSION with access to more than 250 words
Any problems or have feedback on how to improve the App, email us before negative comment. We will reply quickly.