Merlin is fun and easy to use—whether you’re curious about a bird you’ve seen once or you’re hoping to identify every bird that comes to your feeder. The answers are waiting for you with this free app from the renowned Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
• Created for beginning and intermediate bird watchers, Merlin identifies the 400 most common bird species in the United States and Canada (excluding Hawaii).
• Intelligent results. No more scanning through hundreds of possibilities! Merlin shows the birds near you that fit your description.
• Customized location and date tools generate best answers for your neighborhood and time of year.
• Powered by eBird to deliver the most accurate results based on millions of sightings from bird watchers across North America.
• Enjoy more than 1,000 photos of birds, including males, females, and juveniles.
• Learn ID tips from Cornell Lab of Ornithology experts.
• Listen to beautiful bird songs and calls from the Cornell Lab’s Macaulay Library.
• It’s all free! The Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s goal is to help you and millions of others to learn about birds.
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
The award-winning Audubon Birds is now Audubon Birds Pro, an outstanding mobile field guide resource completely updated to the current AOU checklist. And with “Find Birds with eBird” powered by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology; 821 total species; advanced gallery view for easy comparison and search; field mark call outs; and NatureShare - a social community of birders who observe, identify, and share their observations and photos in the mobile app and online.
• Identify 821 species with in-depth descriptions including information on appearance, habitat, behavior, and more
• Over 3,200 images from the world-renown VIREO, Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University’s world-wide collection of bird photography, Philadelphia.
• Eight hours of the most exceptional, highest quality bird sounds.
• Robust seasonal and migratory range maps.
• Browse species in a gallery view and filter by shape, region and color, aiding quick identification.
• Find Birds with eBird - the ability to locate birds seen recently around you, drawing on the continuously updated database from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology and eBird.
• Create a Personal Nature Account – post, keep lists, and share sightings with friends and followers to NatureShare and Facebook or via email with an easy and user-friendly interface.
If you have a version of the app prior to the last update in December, please synchronize your Sightings and Lists before updating the app. Select ‘My Content’ from the Landing Page and then select ‘Synchronize’. Your content will be saved to your Account. After syncing and updating, if your Sightings and Lists do not appear, they are not lost. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will help.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
What People are Saying:
“Now every birder can have the equivalent of a rare bird alert and comprehensive field guide wrapped into a single mobile app.” - Gary Langham, vice president and chief scientist for Audubon
“Instead of the hefty field guides, the apps give the nature photographer a very portable and lightweight library of natural history information.” – Jim Clark, Outdoor Photographer Magazine
AppPicker (“Best of” Lists, Jan 2013): “Audubon Birds…largely regarded as the best bird watching app…”
2011 APPY Award Finalist
“All I can say is WOW and double WOW! I have had Audubon Birds for a couple of years and have seen it grow into the BEST bird app for iOS! ...I am just blown away with all the new additions. My favorite is showing all the birds in a group (thumbnails) and when tapped lightly the name shows up. What a way to learn new birds. I just cannot express how much I love the update. Thank you…” - E Uhls
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of digital field apps created in alliance with National Audubon Society (NAS). For more information, please see: http://natureshare.com/home.html#apps.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
On Sale Now !!!
The most popular printed field guide to North American birds is now available in its entirety on the Android!
NB: Please note that an additional download of 360MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
The Sibley Guide to Birds has become the most popular and fastest selling printed guide to birds as well as the most comprehensive and authoritative guide to North American Birds:
● Over 6600 images.
● Every species is shown perched and in flight from above and below.
● Shows every major seasonal, age, and sexual variation.
● Detailed coverage of subspecies and regional variations.
● Detailed maps showing not just winter and summer range but also migration and rare occurrence.
● Detailed descriptions of songs and calls, comparing similar species measurements of length, wingspan, and weight for every species.
Now all of that information is available in an easy-to-navigate portable format on any Android device.
Includes the following functionality:
● Swipe to move to the next or previous species.
● One-tap enlargement of images with extended zoom functionality.
● Over 2300 carefully-selected and edited sound recordings. Nearly all species are represented with multiple examples showing the range of vocalizations.
● The ability to compare any two images, maps, or sounds, side by side on the screen.
● The ability to filter by state/province, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location, and to further reduce the possibilities to the most common birds in that area.
● The ability to search by distinguishing features such as size, prominent colors, habits, and group.
● *A basic personal species list that stores your sightings saved to the device (ability to upload list coming soon)
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the application (application provides backup/restore functionality in "My List" page)
We go out of our way to resolve customer issues, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
■ VERSION 3.1.0 NOW COMPATIBLE WITH NEXUS 7
■ CURRENT VERSION 3.1.0 REPLACES 3.0.8.
■ 29 New "Composite" Illustrations
■ All New Range Maps with expanded legend
■ New Location Uncommon search attribute
■ New Conservation Status search attribute
■ New Illustration Update search attribute
■ Browse no longer resets Browse scroll position
In this latest 3.1 update to iBird Pro for North America we have added 29 drawings, 3 new search attributes to help you ID birds and other improvements you have asked for. These new features are:
■ iBird Pro is now completely compatible with the Nexus 7 and Android OS 4.3 Jelly Bean.
■ 29 New "Composite" Illustrations - see the Illustration Update attribute and select "6.3" to see these amazing drawings. Check the California Condor and Baltimore Oriole for examples.
■ All new range maps now include Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall ranges plus Year-round and Migration ranges.
■ New Location Uncommon search attribute contains more species from official state lists, rare and accidental species, etc.
■ New Conservation Status search attribute lets you search by the size of any species population as well as see specific species endangered status on each account. The standard is maintained by Birdlife International and is called the IUCN Red List.
■ Browse no longer resets the scroll position on the Browse screen.
■ All Songs and Calls are from the Macaulay Library at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, considered the finest bird library in the world!
■ Four view modes: Compact, Icon, Thumbnail and Gallery.
■ All screens optimized for tablets - illustrations, photos and range maps fill the screen.
■ See how 5 most popular birding apps stack up: http://ibird.com/compare
iBird PRO is designed to satisfy the demanding needs of advanced birders and professional naturalists. It offers comprehensive identification, behavior, habitat and ecology information, hand drawn illustrations, professional high resolution photographs, range maps and playable audio songs calls for 938 North American and Hawaiian bird species from the famous Macaulay Library of Natural Sounds at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
Notable features of this version of iBird are:
■ All species aligned with most recent AOU and ABA taxonomy
■ Illustrations, Photos and Maps are full HD 576 x 720p resolution
■ Attributes are grouped into several related areas
■ Updated state and province bird lists using official references
■ Taxonomic and Alphabetical family sort options on Browse screen
■ Playing bird songs and calls lets you to attract birds right to your device or bird feeders for easier identification and more enjoyment (2)
■ iBird’s icon-driven search engine, enables you to identify birds using shape, color, location, habitat, head pattern, flight pattern, bill shape, length and more
■ Hand-drawn full sized color illustrations, with perching and flight views
■ Multiple professional photographs of most species, showing plumages, sexes and seasons
■ Voluminous identification, behavior and habitat information, and hard-to-find details such as diet, egg color, sex of incubator, vocalization definitions, and much more
■ Full color range maps for every species showing migration areas
■ Links to hundreds of additional Flickr photos as well as detailed Wiki pages for each bird
■ Species, common and family names in English, French and Spanish (text is English)
You can keep up with the latest news and other iBird users by following @iBird on Twitter and by joining the iBird fan page on Facebook facebook.com/ibird.
(1) If you need tech support please go to http://ibird.com/contact-us/ and fill out the form. It will help us diagnosis your problem.
(2) If you use iBird’s audio playback feature in the field, please do so responsibly by following the American Birding Association's Code of Ethics: See http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html, particularly section 1(b), for guidance.
Works completely offline, with no need for additional downloading. Filter birds based on type, or status in the UK or search for them by name. Enlarge the images for easier viewing by touching them.
You can now listen to the songs of over 40 of the birds, with lots more to come in future updates.
The app lets you mark the birds that you've spotted to help keep track of which species have been seen and which are still eluding you.
A must-have for all keen ornithologists, birders, birdwatchers, twitchers or whatever you choose to call yourself!
Any problems or suggestions, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org -----
Bird Id is the perfect bird watching companion.
Great fun to use, bird identification can be enjoyed by the whole family. Bird Id is ideal for those with an interest in birds, nature and birdwatching. Make your own bird sighting diary by adding your sightings to our map.
Bird Id does not need an internet connection, all the information for birds is downloaded when the app is purchased.
Bird Id is the original and the best bird identifier app. Bird Id is an easy to use identification guide created by professional published ecologists, accept no cheap imitations!
Have you ever been bird watching and wondered "What kind of bird is that?". Bird Id is a great bird identifier app that helps you quickly and easily identify 250 bird species of the British Isles. Its great fun to use too. With Bird Id, identification can be enjoyed by the whole family. For the bird enthusiast there is anatomical, ecological and taxonomic information too.
Bird Id can be used to keep a log of your bird sightings making it easy to build a record of the birds you've seen. Bird Id uses propriety image and audio libraries to help make bird identification quick and easy.
Isoperla apps appear in BBC Countryfile's top 10 apps, and have been described as "incredibly useful" by ITV's Seth Conway and "lovely" by Adam Vaughan of the Guardian.
Isoperla field guides are the only products on the market that use the KUSAM species identification methodology. This state of the art method is a modern taxonomic keying system designed specifically for use on mobile devices and is ideal for bird identification while birdwatching.
The RSPB annual survey is called the Bird Garden Birdwatch. The survey relies on accurate bird identification, bird id will help you identify these birds you see quickly and easily. We also include wading birds, summer and winter visitors and sea birds. The app is great to have to hand when bird watching.
The British Isles are also known as the Anglo-celtic Isles and include the UK (Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales) and Northern Ireland) and Eire. Britain or Great Britain is the name given to the mainland within the United Kingdom (the UK). The UK is the political union between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, not a geographical area. The permissions needed to install the app are only used for the Google Map component and to check the licence on the Google Play store. The internet will only be used if you use the sightings map in the app.
Bird Identification is quick and easy with Bird Id. If you are looking for a bird identifier for birds of the British Isles then this is the app for you.
+ Filter birds by distance, name or time of observation (eBird)
+ Enjoy close-up images and full descriptions (Wikipedia)
+ Listen to bird calls and sounds (Xeno-Canto)
+ Discover the best bird-spotting locations near you (Google Maps)
* Over 10,000 birds from over 100 countries available
* Over 100,000 bird sounds
** Please note that this a personal project I've been working on in my spare time. Some updates might take some time to roll out, but rest assured that I'm doing my possible to make this app as pleasant as possible. Please show your appreciation by rating the app and by sending me your comments/requests. :) **
Featuring the American Golden Plover, Gray Kingbird, Tropical Kingbird, Xantus Hummingbird, Yellow Headed Blackbird and many more birds!
Bird Sounds can be played by tapping on a bird picture.
All sounds can be saved as Ringtones, Notifications and Alarms by long pressing on a bird and selecting the relevant option.
Birds can be grouped by family or alphabetical order (with and without headings) using the Menu Settings.
A Birdwatching checklist is included allowing you to tick off birds you have seen. Tapping on a bird on the checklist screen allows you to view more information about the bird on Wikipedia or perform an image search via Google images.
Mini games are also included helping you to learn the different birds found in this app: Guess the Picture, Guess the Sound and Guess the Name.
In App Billing is supported via the 'Remove Ads' button. Upon purchasing this upgrade this app will not serve any advertisements. All future app updates will also not receive any adverts too.
Permissions are required for saving birds sounds and displaying advertisements.
All images and sounds used are royalty free.
If you have any questions, requests or suggestions, just send an Email or Tweet us and we'll happily respond :)
"Indian Birds" app as name suggests - covers most of the common species of birds found in India. The application is in sync with our own bird repository and hence includes the birds which you will find in our website @ http://birds.TheNatureWeb.Net
Some key features of "Indian Birds" app include:
1. List of bird names in Marathi [मराठी]
2. List of bird names in Hindi [हिन्दी]
3. List of bird names in Sanskrit [संस्कृत]
4. List of bird names in Gujarati [ગુજરાતી]
5. List of bird names in Bengali [বাংলা]
6. Bird categorization for easy navigation with category names in Marathi [मराठी]
7. Searchable List of birds.
8. List of State Birds of India
9. Bird Details screen with photo gallery - use action bar icon to view photo gallery and YouTube video link (if available)
10. Desktop widget showing random bird profile. Click on widget to open bird details screen.
11. Desktop widget showing random bird photo. Click on widget to open bird details screen.
12. Settings screen allows user to configure search field (bird name or alternate bird names or scientific name) for list of birds and regional language to be displayed in random bird profile widget.
"Indian Birds" app also offers search based on Marathi [मराठी], Hindi [हिन्दी], Sanskrit [संस्कृत], Gujarati [ગુજરાતી] and Bengali [বাংলা] names. In addition to list of bird names in Marathi [मराठी], Hindi [हिन्दी], Sanskrit [संस्कृत], Gujarati [ગુજરાતી] and Bengali [বাংলা]; the application also has a quiz that gives you an opportunity to find out how many birds you know with their names and increase your knowledge about birds.
"Random Bird" desktop widget comes very handy as it displays "Bird Profile" on home screen. The bird displayed in widget is randomly selected from the "Indian Birds" app bird collection. NOTE: This feature does NOT work when the application is moved SD Card.
"Random Bird Photo" desktop widget displays Bird Photo on home screen. The bird photo displayed in widget is randomly selected from the "Indian Birds" app bird collection. NOTE: This feature does NOT work when the application is moved SD Card.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please feedback us at:
BirdsEye is a simple but essential tool for birders and naturalists of any level, and is finally available for Android! BirdsEye is the ultimate birding field guide that shows you where the birds are, and helps you identify birds around you by showing you what other people are reporting. Identification has never been easier!
BirdsEye also provides essential distribution, behavior and habitat text from Kenn Kaufman and other regional experts to help you find the bird once you get to the right spot. Stunning and detailed photographs from many top birders, bird photographers and guides will help remind you of the field marks you're looking for. BirdsEye is perfect for identifying the birds that are coming to your feeder, preparing for a trip on the other side of the world, or just want to know what is in your local patch.
The free/basic version of BirdsEye gives you instant access to the 100 most common birds in your area, which is great for beginning and casual birders. Paid subscriptions options give you access to every species in your region or worldwide.
Our mission is to promote citizen science projects like eBird. For about the price of a cup of coffee per month, signing up for a subscription helps us continue to improve BirdsEye and pursue our mission. Thank you!!
"Best invention for birding since binoculars"... Kenn Kaufman, author of the famed Kaufman Field Guides to Birds of North America
"A landmark in birding"… John Fitzpatrick, Director, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology
INSTANT BIRD LISTS
• See customized lists of birds reported recently near you, at any birding hotspot across the world, or any random point on the map!
• Explore the map to see what has been reported at popular birding hotspots like Cape May in North America, Mai Po in Asia, Iguazu Falls in South America and thousands more
• Barcharts showing seasonal abundance for each bird.
• See recent eBird sightings for any species
PERFECT FOR LISTING
• See a list of “needs” - species recently reported nearby that aren't on your selected life or year list
• Automatically sync your life or year lists with eBird for the ABA area, world, country, state or even county!
• Find out what birds are being reported near your next destination, so you can target new life birds, study up on birds you aren't familiar with, and be more prepared!
• Bird finding tips will help you know where to look, and how to separate it from other similar species.
• Find additional content in the in-app Store for other continents, including sounds, images and bird-finding tips from local experts.
• Support for bird names in multiple languages and local bird names including English (US, UK, Australia, UAE), Español (local bird name options for Argentina, Chile, México, Panamá and more), Finnish, German, Japanese, Chinese, and more
BIRD GUIDE STORE
We have partnered with Birdsounds.nl, the premier online store selling bird sounds packages for many regions around the world. Access these extensive collections of bird songs tailored for traveling birders from right inside of BirdsEye.
Current offerings are:
• Bird Sounds of Costa Rica
• Bird Sounds of Brazil
• Bird Sounds of Nicaragua
• Bird Sounds of Venezuela
• Bird Sounds of Mexico
• Bird Sounds of Northern Siberia
• Bird Sounds of Sri Lanka
• Bird Sounds of Australia
• Bird Sounds of Peru
• Bird Sounds of Colombia
• Bird Sounds of Belgium and Holland
We are committed to supporting the birding community and bird conservation through the eBird project. We think they are worth it—now and for the future of birds and their habitats.
NB: Please note that an additional download of 181MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
Hi-res images, distribution maps and detailed text descriptions of over 290 bird species found in Britain and Ireland.
Audible calls for most bird species.
“Bird Compare” to allow you to compare two birds on the same screen (including calls).
A personal bird list that stores your bird sightings saved to the device that can then be exported through email.
View the Bird Index by Common or Scientific bird names.
*Uninstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own master list separate from the program.
– Select to display the bird names in Danish, English, Finnish, German, Latin, Norwegian or Swedish. Some of the lists also show the names in an alternative selectable language.
– View the facts tab with basic bird data, photographs, descriptions, paintings and up to date systematics in the supported languages.
– Select to display Wikipedia pages in Danish, English, Finnish, German, Norwegian or Swedish.
– Download Wikipedia pages and make them available offline.
– Connect to Xeno-Canto and listen to streaming recordings directly from their great audio library.
– Easily navigate from one species to another by dragging (swiping) your finger horizontally across the screen.
This is the free version and it is limited to 75 of the most common species. The full version contains many more birds.
The ROBERTS VII MULTIMEDIA BIRDS OF SOUTHERN AFRICA Android Edition is a comprehensive and interactive application that combines multimedia data on 968 Southern African bird species with seven interactive modules for every aspect of mobile birding.
The app can be used as a FIELD GUIDE (like the book) or as a BIRD LIST, with essential functions such as view bird page, play the sound, add to your list and view similar birds available directly in both.
The FIELD GUIDE displays the full field guide pages of the Roberts Bird Guide book for instant comparison and identification. Use the family list or browse the pages for a bird, play the sound, add to your list, and open the BIRD PAGE for further detail.
The BIRD GUIDE includes a full bird list and individual BIRD PAGES with illustrations, distribution maps, photos, bird sounds, Roberts Field Guide text and the full Roberts VII text.
The BIRD LIST includes includes all the new species and new names, with functions for Bird Page, Play Sound, Add to List, Similar Birds and Field Guide Page. You can also select regional lists, and English, Afrikaans, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch and Scientific names.
IDENTIFICATION uses your location, habitat, bird shapes and plumage to shortlist possible species for identification. You can also identify bird sounds, nests and eggs.
SIMILAR BIRDS loads a list of birds similar to that selected. COMPARE BIRDS displays the bird pages side by side for direct comparison.
MY LOCATION is an interactive map for finding your current location, generating bird lists for your location, and locating birding sites near you. Or tap for a new location, GPS co-ords, pentad and bird list, or open a birding site list and site description.
MY LISTS is a personal list manager that includes a life list and sub-lists that report to your life list. You can also sync your lists to Google Drive, and export lists for backup. Sighting details include place, date, GPS co-ords and pentad, and sighting notes.
BIRDING SITES includes descriptions of 290 birding sites from around Southern Africa, with photos, bird list, and weather forecast. "Show on Map" loads Google Maps for directions and navigation to the site.
The MULTIMEDIA DATA includes • over 180 field-guide pages • 968 individual bird pages • all the new bird species and names • over 1400 illustrations, over 5000 photos including 500 nest and 700 egg photos • over 920 bird sounds • colour-coded distribution maps with seasonal status bar and endemic and red data species indicated • new rare bird maps.
The DOWNLOAD is approximately 1GB. The app (23MB) is downloaded directly to your device, and then the 1GB data file is downloaded, preferably by Wi-Fi to your device, or to your PC and copied to your device.
For more detail of ROBERTS VII MULTIMEDIA BIRDS OF SOUTHERN AFRICA Android Edition and to take a tour of the app, please visit www.gibbonmm.com.
Record a bird singing and use Automatic Recognition to help identify it.
Automatic Recognition is a little like Shazam for birds.
Automatic Recognition takes place on the device, no connection to the internet or mobile network is needed.
Automatic Recognition needs good quality recordings to work well. See the help below, or follow the Developer Website link to find out how to improve your recordings.
How successful is it ? Our aim is to get the correct bird in the top three of those listed. In our testing of over 1,000 samples we found the success rate of Bird Song Id to be 85%.
Follow the Developer Website link to see a demo of Bird Song Id Automatic Recognition on YouTube
--------------- HELP ----------------
Automatic Recognition needs a good quality recording of the bird.
Only record when it is very quiet, apart from the bird singing of course.
Be close to the bird singing, as close as you can be without disturbing it.
Only record when a single bird is singing, or when a single bird is dominant
The analysis graph should have plenty of blue and green colors with few or no black peaks.
The peaks on the Bird Song Id graph should reach all the way to the top. Low peaks indicate poor quality and recognition is unlikely.
The Audio Quality, shown at the top of the results screen, should be at least Good, and preferably Very Good or Excellent
The highest Bird Song Id score should be above 70% to be useful. Below this and the system is telling you it is not sure what the song is.
A difference between two birds of less than 10% is not that significant, so listen to the samples from both to help you further
Make sure it is very quiet apart from the bird song which should be nice and loud
Be as close to the bird as you can be without disturbing it
Be patient, dont expect miracles, the system works but needs good clear recordings
The microphone is often at the bottom of a device, point the microphone towards the bird
Remove the case from your device if you use one as this can dampen the microphone
Record a single bird at a time
Capture at least two singing episodes if you can.
Record for the full 30 seconds
Avoid windy conditions. Air moving over the microphone will mask the bird sounds
Make sure there is plenty of life in the battery. Your device will reduce power going to the microphone as the battery runs down
Playing songs to the app from recorded material on the internet, other apps or CDs is unlikely to work as this material is digitally processed and edited (inter phase gaps are often shortened). They sound very different to recording birds for real in the natural environment.
Some devices, particularly larger tablets, do not have good microphones built in to them. This will result in a lot of background hiss that will cause Automatic Recognition to fail. Better external microphones are usually available for these devices.
View the Bird Jar FAQ here: http://firsttrees.homeip.net/BirdJar/jsp/faq.jsp
- Over 10,500 bird species are included in the listing (all known bird species, per the IOC World Bird List v 5.1).
- This is not intended to be a bird identification app, however photos or illustrations are provided from the Bird Jar webserver for over 1300 birds (with more to be added in the future). Many images of North American and European birds are included. Note: some newer Android devices are showing very small images - this is fixed in version 1.4.
- Filter birds from the following regions: North America (north of Mexico), Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia/Oceania/Pacific Ocean, Southern Atlantic Ocean, and the Indian Ocean.
- You may filter on one or more regions, or show all world birds.
- Browse all birds by bird family.
- Quickly view bird family counts, as well as your life list counts per bird family.
- View all your recent sightings.
- Search for birds, bird families, and sighting locations.
- Record bird sightings by date and location, including bird count. (Note: at the present time, it is highly recommended that every so often you perform a "backup and email" of your data, via the Settings page. This will ensure that you can restore your data if you ever lose or upgrade your device. See http://firsttrees.homeip.net/BirdJar/jsp/faq.jsp#faq17 for details. As of version 1.5, Bird Jar automatically backs up your data to Google's cloud service, so that it will be automatically restored upon re-installing Bird Jar on a new device.)
- Record unidentified bird sightings.
- Take or import photos, and make bird call recordings. These can then be viewed either on the bird details page, or all at once on the Photos and Recordings page.
- Enter notes.
- View all sightings by date and/or location.
- Save custom sighting locations.
- Save birds to custom categories.
- View your Life List checklist.
- Most views have customizable sort and filter options.
- View sighting maps.
- Email a bird sighting report.
- Export bird sightings to the eBird record format (which can then be imported into the eBird web application).
- Backup and restore your bird sighting data.
For any questions, issues, or requests, please email email@example.com
Birds PRO - NATURE MOBILE - is a stylish and easy-to-use IDENTIFICATION GUIDE with an integrated PICTURE and SOUND QUIZ GAME. Read fascinating information and learn facts about 230 common European bird species; browse more than 1500 PROFESSIONAL PICTURES of birds; listen to more than 460 spectacular CALLS AND SONGS; find your favorite bird!
The app is AVAILABLE in ENGLISH, too. Simply select English on first startup or click on INFO and select your language.
If you tried the FREE version first, you can uninstall the free version without loosing any pictures in the full version. Unfortunately it is not possible to uninstall the free version automatically.
IDENTIFY BIRDS BY
- size, feathering, beak type, etc.
* Geographic Range and Habitat
- cities, forests, waters, mountains, etc.
GUESS THE SPECIES QUIZ GAME
* Guess species by pictures
* Guess species by calls and songs
* Learn to distinguish the different breeds
* Become an expert
Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NatureMobile, follow us on Twitter for updates on Nature Mobile:@NatureMobile (http://twitter.com/NatureMobile) or visit our website http://www.NatureMobile.org.
* 230 common European bird species
* 1500 pictures of renowned photographers
- male, female, young, nest and eggs
* 468 recordings of calls and songs
* Change language in settings
* Select favorite species
* Upload your own pictures
* No Internet access required
Please note that you need enough storage to run the app. Because of the high-resolution images and sounds, about 150MB space on the SD card or the internal storage are necessary. Some tablets and phones do not have an SD card, but still enough available storage. The app should run without any problems on these devices as well. If you experience any problems with the data download, let us know. We either fix it fast, or refund you the price of the app.
SUBMIT YOUR BIRD PICTURES AND STORY
Do you want your pictures to be a in the app?
Please visit www.NatureMobile.org website to submit pictures. Every serious, curious, and hilarious picture is highly appreciated! High-quality pictures may be considered for future updates.
ABOUT NATURE MOBILE
The mission of NATURE MOBILE is to present exciting topics from nature and other areas to a wide audience of interested people, enthusiasts and experts in a clear and attractive way. If you are an author or photographer, if you have fascinating ideas or content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work together to find a win-win solution.
NATURE MOBILE is a community of enthusiasts and experts in the natural sciences and engineering that is organized by Dr. Daniel ODRY.
CHECK OUT MORE APPS BY NATURE MOBILE AND ALPHABLIND
* Dogs PRO
* Cats PRO
* Horses PRO
* Exotic Fruits PRO
* Trees PRO
* Wild Berries & Herbs PRO