baumportal - the tree app from the expert
This app helps in identification of trees.
Forest trees, park trees, street trees and conifers are quickly identified with the help of this app.
The app is suitable for professionals in trees as well as a learning aid for nature lovers or students.
The search criteria: tree names, tree leaves, tree fruit, winter characteristics or needle position are imaged and sorted so the correct tree is found quickly.
For every tree there is a profile listed with the most important information with up to six high-quality photos.
The baumportal - app is intuitive to handle.
Tree name: the name of the trees are sorted by the common name. The botanical name stands behind. For each Tree there is a tree fact sheet with description and up to six images.
1st Tree Leaves: The most frequent method used for the determination of trees is the determination of tree leaves. Especially in autumn when the leaves fall this tool is very useful. All tree leaves are shot so that you can compare them very well. All photographs were taken and processed from tree portal employees.
2nd Tree Fruit: The seeds of the trees can have very intriguing shapes and colors. Those who are curious will be able to assign the correct fruit of the tree.
3rd Winter characteristics: The tree-determination in the winter requires some practice. However, trees are easy to identify in winter either of the bud (size, position, color) or by the remains of leaf or fruit stands. Significant images support the determination.
4th Conifers can be well determined by the needle. Those who look closely will quickly identify the right conifer.
Have fun with the determination of trees with the app from baumportal.de / treetrees.com.
The tree determination app made by an expert.
Users can narrow the species list for any location in North America using the phone's GPS, network signal or any entered address or zip code. Basically the application can become “Woody Plants of Where You Are Standing”. For example, it can become the “Woody Plants of Southwestern Oregon” , the “Woody Plants of Central Park” or the or “The Woody Plants of 37.108 lat., -80.452 long., elevation 2118”.
Users can further narrow the species list by answering a series of very simple tree attribute questions such as where the plant is growing, leaf shape, leaf arrangement, flower color or fruit type.
The species list can also be narrowed by typing a keyword such as oak, Abies, red or palm. For example if oak is typed only oaks found in the defined area will be listed.
A feature also allows you to send any tree related question to “Dr. Dendro”, a tree expert in the Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation at Virginia Tech. You can send a tree description or pictures of your plant and experts will help with identification.
• 969 woody plants from all over North America
• Over 6,400 color photographs of leaves, flowers, fruit, twig, bark, form, and range map for each species
• In depth description of all plant parts
• Narrows species list based on your location and elevation using the phones GPS, network signal or user entered location
• Search for species by a key word, e.g. maple
• Identify species by answering a series of simple questions. A picture is displayed showing what is being asked.
• Navigate between species with a push of a button.
• Send a tree question to “Dr. Dendro” a tree expert at Virginia Tech
VIRGINIA TECH TREE IDENTIFICATION DIGITAL MATERIAL
Visit our web sites at: http://dendro.cnre.vt.edu
Woody Plants in North America, 2012, Kendall/Hunt Publishing is a multimedia tutorial on DVD covering 920 woody plants with over 23,000 color photographs of leaves (summer and fall), flowers, fruits, twigs,
bark and form for each plant. The software displays multiple images of all plant parts so user can develop a “feel” for normal field variation. A customizable, self-quizzing section allows users to evaluate their progress in plant identification. For more features on this software visit: http://dendro.cnre.vt.edu/dendrology/wpina.htm
The 650 MB database of tree photographs and text is downloaded from our server. We recommend you install Virginia Tech Tree Identification using a fast WIFI connection. A cellular connection will generally be too slow.
Text and photography by John R. Seiler, John A. Peterson Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation, Virginia Tech and Ed Jensen, Forest Ecosystems and Society, Oregon State University
Programming by Robert Potts
Technical support by Andrew Meeks
NATURE MOBILE introduces - Trees PRO - an ideal guide to the most common North American and European trees on your Smartphone and Tablet. With the built-in quiz you will also learn quickly to distinguish between different species.
Finally, you have the option to identify different tree species without the help of a heavy book. You get a comprehensive library full of facts, figures and images, but all in the palm of your hand. Learn where you can find certain species, how their leaves, flowers, and fruits look like and taste, and how you cook them. Find inspiration and experience nature in a whole new way.
It's that easy. Enter a number of features of the desired species, and you will get different proposals. The more features you enter, such as the size, growth habit, leave and fruit type, the shorter the resulting list of eligible species will be.
SEARCH AND IDENTIFY SPECIES BY
- size, leaf, flower, color, growth, etc.
* FRUIT TYPE
- berry, stone fruit, apple fruit, nut, etc.
- North America, Europe, Asia, etc.
TRAIN YOUR KNOWLEDGE - QUIZ GAME
* Guess species from pictures
* Learn to distinguish the different species
* Become an expert
Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NatureMobile, follow us on Twitter for updates on Nature Mobile:@NatureMobile (http://twitter.com/NatureMobile) or visit our website http://www.NatureMobile.org.
* more than 200 trees species included
* Select favorite species
* No Internet access required
* Change the language in the settings -> Available in English and German
SUBMIT YOUR PICTURES AND STORY
Do you want your pictures available to all in the app?
Please visit www.NatureMobile.org website to submit pictures. Every serious, curious, and hilarious picture submission is highly appreciated! Pictures of the highest quality may be considered for future updates.
ABOUT NATURE MOBILE
The mission of NATURE MOBILE is to present exciting topics from nature and other areas to a wide audience of interested people, enthusiasts, and experts in an attractive way in an attractive way that is easy to understand. If you are an author or photographer, or if you have fascinating ideas or content to offer, please contact us at email@example.com. We will work together to find a win-win solution.
NATURE MOBILE is a community of enthusiasts and experts in natural sciences and engineering that is organized by Dr. Daniel ODRY.
CHECK OUT MORE APPS BY NATURE MOBILE AND ALPHABLIND
* Birds PRO
* Dogs PRO
* Cats PRO
* Horses PRO
* Exotic Fruits PRO
* Wild Berries & Herbs PRO
Reached #12 in Canada in the Apple App Store!
TreeID was created in MEDL Mobile’s App Incubator. The idea was submitted by Jason Siniscalchi, a PhD in Forest Resource Science from Connecticut who had done his graduate studies work at West Virginia University in Forest Management.
He wanted a way to share his research and interest in tree identification with the world for all nature enthusiasts. This app will also be helpful for allergy sufferers who can now easily identify the plants they are allergic to.
TreeID allows the user to identify almost any tree in Northern America based on its:
• Scientific name
• Physical attributes (bark, leaf and fruit)
• Geographic location
FOREST SCIENCE MADE EASY
Because many of us using the app may not know the proper name for identifying particular types of leaves or fruit, the app will walk the user through the various methods of tree identification.
The app contains thousands of images, illustrations and notations. Yet with only a few clicks, the user should be able to identify any tree in the forest!
• Improved tree identification functionality
• More than a hundred new trees
• Fifty “Fall Foliage” trees with Autumn colors
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE UPDATING
TreeID has an extensive database of trees built right into the app. This way, it’s available to you at all times so you don’t have to worry about having no reception while trying to identify a tree.
Since our tree database is so large, this update does take a little bit of time to download. We recommend that you start your update while accessing a reliable Internet connection, and make sure that you have roughly an hour of free time to stay connected before starting your download.
We are proud to call TreeID a Shiny MEDL Object. You can see all of them at www.medlmobile.com. And if you have an idea for an app that you’d like to see on the app store someday, visit www.appincubator.com.
The app is a great reference guide for both adults and children who are interested in nature. It gives detailed information on each tree and a gallery of high quality photos.
The app has the following features:
- 72 British tree guides, with more added with each update
- 562 detailed images of the trees listed, showing tree, leaf, bark and seed.
- A to Z list of trees found in Britain
- Family screen where by the trees are split down into families
- Favourites screen where you can store your favoruite trees
- Detailed information on each tree listed
- Many pictures for each tree listed, helping with the identification process
- Move to the next picture with a simple swipe of the finger
- Search screen
- Fast and simple to use
- Ability to Tweet from within the app.
If there is a tree that you think we have missed and you would like to see it listed, then please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see what we can do.
When the app is opened for the first time, the image files are downloaded (over 500 files) therefore it requires that you have a good wifi internet connection. After this initial download of data, the app then functions completely offline, with no need for an internet connection.
If you are having problems with the app, rather than leave a negative review, please email us and we will help rectify any problems that you are having. Email us at email@example.com
With the purchase of this application, you support the Bergwaldprojekt. 10% of earnings of iForest go directly to the Bergwaldprojekt.
iForest is the App for all plant-interested, nature lovers, forest wardens, gardners, hunters, natural health professionnals and biologists.
The most important characteristics and functions in short terms:
- over 1700 plant pictures of the most important 113 trees and bushes of Central Europe
- 16 pictures per plant (from the seed to the germination, root, trunk, bark, crown, leaf: top and bottom surface, summer and winter branch, wood: horizontal and vertical cuts, flowers: hermaphrodite, female and male till the fruit)
- Search for plants with the text input and indicate
- Profile for each plant with detailed informations to botanical characteristics, wood, location, dangers, forestry, natural health, forest recipes, history etc.
- Select plants with definition characteristics (freely combine according to plant species, type of branch, leaf margin, leaf shape, flower and type of wood).
- Search for plants for various planting locations (freely combine due to lighting conditions, water availability, altitude, temperature, nutrient conditions, pH conditions etc.)
- To put on own plant list (favorites)
- To view pictures of plants (with or without plant names)
- To train and learn plants on the basis their different plant parts
- To indicate a tree horoscope (with data to the Celtic tree circle)
- compare photographs of different plants in iForest
Pictures and texts were made available with the friendly permission of the CODOC. The copyright for these elements remains with CODOC.
Finally, you have the option to identify species without the help of a heavy book. You get a comprehensive library full of facts, figures, and images. Learn where you can find certain species, how their leaves, flowers, and fruits look like and taste.
Find inspiration and experience nature in a whole new way.
LITE version includes 15 species only!
* 200 tree species - 2000 images
* Extensive description of the species
* Tree names in 7 languages
* Scientific identification
* Quiz game
SEARCH AND IDENTIFY SPECIES BY
- Size, leaf, flower, color, growth, etc.
* FRUIT TYPE
- Berry, stone fruit, apple fruit, nut, etc.
- North America, Europe, Asia, etc.
TRAIN YOUR KNOWLEDGE - QUIZ GAME
* Guess species from images
* Learn to distinguish different species
* Guess species from pictures
* Learn to distinguish different species
NATURE MOBILE on YouTube:
ABOUT NATURE MOBILE
The mission of NATURE MOBILE is to present exciting topics from nature and other areas to a wide audience of interested people, enthusiasts, and experts in an attractive way. You are an author or photographer, you have fascinating ideas or content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHECK OUT MORE APPS BY NATURE MOBILE
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
An indispensable reference with over 700 trees at your fingertips.
"Intuitiveness - this app is just so easy to navigate and it doesn't take any complicated effort to figure it out." - Robert Mortenson
• This app is optimized for Android Version 2.1+. Suggested minimum device CPU is 800 mhz. The App's 430+ MB database installs directly to the SD card with Version 2.2+. With Version 2.1 the app database must be moved manually to the SD card through Settings.
Get the ultimate field guide to North American trees for people on the go! Now you can identify over 700 trees with thousands of professional color photographs, range maps, and in-depth, authoritative information based on the National Audubon Society’s Field Guides to Trees. Whether you’re identifying trees in your backyard or on a nature hike in the wild, the Audubon Trees mobile app is a must have.
★ UNPARALLELED CONTENT
• In-depth descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on family, appearance, habitat, range, general discussion and more from the National Audubon Society Field Guides
• Over 700 tree species
• Beautiful color photographs of every species, over 2,000 total, and range maps for every species.
★ APP FEATURES
• Identify with accuracy. Browse by shape, name (first, last, scientific), or by family
• Search by species shape, habitat, region, fruit, leaf, and more.
• Navigate back and forth between species information, personalized Life Lists and Sightings, search functions and more with ease and clarity.
• Record your field experiences using the Life List and Sighting features. Track a sighting using the device’s GPS, add notes, and save to the App for records of your nature adventures
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of digital field apps created in alliance with National Audubon Society (NAS). For more information, please see: http://natureshare.com/home.html#apps.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email email@example.com
Information in this app is useful in the Midwestern and Eastern United States.
* Identify tree problems by matching damaged plant parts to over 1000 high-resolution photos.
* Check diagnoses with detailed descriptions of damage and stages of problem development linked to each photo.
* Get the latest unbiased recommendations from Purdue University experts on how to manage over 175 tree problems on over 60 kinds of trees.
* Search information by tree or by pest.
This app is a supplement to www.wthisthis.com a picture identification website. When you can't find something via normal search methods take a picture with this app and post it for users to answer. The application allows the user to take a picture, or upload directly from users gallery.
This site and app were designed when I gave up multiple times trying to identify bugs, animals, coins, antiques and numerous other items. Rather then having multiple forum passwords/users and learning how each forum operates I decided to create a app that integrates with a website for one central location of click and posting.
Users who answer on the site earn prizes, and cash incentives for helping other users, not to mention the opportunity to create links to your website, blog, or service.
This is version 1 of the application and if you have questions, comments, concerns please leave them for me or email me. Do not rate poorly until I have had the opportunity to address your concern please, keep in mind I am a Firefighter/Paramedic by day and hobby programmer by night so I am far from a profession
If you want to learn how to bonsai, this app is for you. You'll learn techniques on pruning and growing and other gardening tips that are part of the art of bonsai.
Extras: Includes a fun puzzle game! Try and piece the picture back together. How fast can YOU finish it?!
Bonsai is a 2000-year old art form of creating miniature-sized trees. Many believe that this gardening style originated in Japan when actually it began in China during the Han dynasty. It was the Chinese who taught the Japanese the techniques of how to garden in a shallow tray but it was the Japanese who gave the name “bonsai” to the style.
There are many kinds of bonsai trees and many types of bonsai styles. Each tree and style will have different care instructions to maintain the look. There is a lot to learn in the beginning, you will have to learn step by step.
This gardening guide is a comprehensive reference for beginners. Some of the essentials you will learn are:
• Bonsai styles
• Trees best suited for bonsai
• Planting the bonsai
• Pruning and trimming
• Watering and fertilizing
• Repotting the bonsai
• Seasonal care
Bonsai gardening cannot be a hobby. It requires commitment and dedication as bonsai trees need earnest care and urgent watering. You might have heard of bonsai growers who hire “bonsai sitters” to care for their bonsai trees when they go away for vacation, that’s how closely bonsai trees need care and attention.
Bonsai gardening will teach you patience and devotion. In turn for your care, the tree will add an element of drama to your garden as well as give your home a sense of peace and tranquility.
Grab this app now and get all the gardening tips you need to know for growing, trimming, sculpting and pruning a bonsai tree that will bring years of beauty and enjoyment to your garden.
Bonsai Trees Is Becoming One Of The Fastest
Growing Hobbies In America For People With A
"Green Thumb". Don't Be Left Out Of The Bonsai Sculpting Craze And Learn How To Make Many
Beautiful Bonsai Trees And Have Fun Also!"
Even If You Think You Have a “Black Thumb”, You Can
Grow a Bonsai Tree And Amaze Your Family And Friends!
Learn And Master The Art Of Bonsai And Find Out Why
The Japanese Revere This As a True Art Form!
learn how to craft your own bonsai tree into a beautiful work of art. Inside these pages, you will find tons of information to help you in creating a bonsai you can be proud of.
Do you know:
The five styles of bonsai tree sculpting?
Whether bonsai should be grown inside or outside?
How to find which types of trees are best suited to bonsai?
How to make a tree stay small making it a true Bonsai?
How to sculpt the tree to make it look like you dream it would?
Guess what? After you read this comprehensive guide, you will know all of these answers and so much more!
You won’t believe what you can find out about bonsai trees with this valuable book. We’ve taken advice and tips from those who are “in the know” and put it together right here – in one convenient package. You can get started creating your own bonsai trees just by buying this book.
You might think that growing a tree couldn’t be that difficult. You’re right! But taking that tree and cultivating it into a miniature form of itself is an art form. YOU can create that art. Everyone has to start somewhere. You’re just lucky you’ve found “Bonsai Trees: Growing, Trimming, Pruning, and Sculpting” – a definitive guide to get you on your way.
You’ll not only get information on bonsai trees, you’ll learn how to craft them into a work of art. We’ll tell you how to:
Plant your bonsai
Prune and trim your bonsai into the style you want
Wire the tree
When and how to water and fertilize
Repotting the plant
Where and how to display your bonsai
Taking care of outdoor bonsai in cold weather
And much, much more!
By growing and viewing these miniature masterpieces, you’ll see this quote come to life and realize that when we take the time to craft life, it can make everything else seem much smaller in comparison!
Life takes time to make it what you want it to be. But once you get to the point where you are living your dreams, you can take a step back and say “Wow! That was certainly worth it!”
It’s the same way when you start growing bonsai. From the moment you leave the nursery with your seedling to the first time you wire the tree’s trunk, you’ll see how we can take not only the tree, but our lives as well and mold them into what we envision in our minds.
That may sound a little fictional to you, but think about it. You can learn about life through bonsai. It all starts with a strong root base and then allowing those roots to fuel what nature provides naturally – growth and beauty.
Get Started Today!
You won’t believe how relaxing and fulfilling this great hobby is. You deserve to find that fulfillment in your gardening.
We give you step-by-step instructions on not only how to get started, but also how to cultivate a beautiful natural masterpiece that you can be proud of – literally – for years to come!
*****Top 20 Grossing Reference Apps July-August 2010*****
*****Ranked Top 50 Reference Apps July-August 2010*****
MyNature Trees of North America is now available for the android,iPhone and iPod touch. We are pleased to offer one of the first comprehensive field guides to Tree identification available with smart-phone technology. You will be able to identify over 190 trees with leaves or needles from Maine to California as well the Canadian Provinces with a touch the screen all in the palm of your hand.
What we offer:
* Two searchable databases for leaf and needle identification
* Search by question to identify trees
* Search by leaf shape or configuration
* Illustrated images of leaves and needles
* Digital images of leaves, needles, fruit, cones, bark and profiles of each tree featured
* Range maps for tree locations
* A handy ruler to help in leaf or fruit measurements
* State Tree quiz
* Diagrams and illustrations of tree structure, leaf structure, leaf shapes and types of leaves
* MyNature Journal, where you can personalize your app and record the trees you’ve identified or just jot down your personal thoughts about your day a-field
* Interesting Tree facts and much more!
The MyNature Tree app is informative, easily navigated, perfect for kids or adults who wish to have a more rewarding experience in the great outdoors of North America.