Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
With an AllisonHouse subscription, you get an alternate source of radar data, along with new products including lightning, watches, local storm reports, and SPC Day 1 convective outlook
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
New features: Track Tornado and Severe Storms, as well as Wild Fire warnings and news.
Also features the latest reports on earthquakes and seismic activity from around the world.
Monitor a detailed 7-day forecast, current conditions & hazardous weather, tropical weather, marine/tide forecasts, satellite IR images, surface observations, watches, warnings, advisories, tornados, hurricanes, weather watch.
Weather and Radar provided for United States and surrounding regions:
District of Columbia
Alaska Marine Zones
Atlantic Marine Zones
Great Lakes Marine Zones
Gulf of Mexico Marine Zones
Pacific Marine Zones
Pacific Islands Marine Zones
Marine Zones (all)
Higgins Storm Chasing App, is everything relating to weather, all rolled
We provide live Forecasts, Warnings and Observations... With Storm Chasing
being our passion, a strong team of 14 Administrators, will bring you
incredible photos, videos, streaming and live updates from the field.
With advanced community awareness, leading to better preparation and
understanding of weather, as your safety is our number one priority.
*Receive HSC, Official BOM and EMQ Geo targeted push notifications during
Severe Weather or Disaster events.
* Fast easy access to our live Facebook, Twitter and Website.
* View our Photo Gallery and Online Store.
* Direct Share your photos to us
* Quick link to BOM and Weatherzone weather radar and warnings.
* Direct Access to a wide range of Weather forecast tools.
Plus bookmark unlimited locations on the map to quickly do a radar + forecast check for all your important places.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
✓ Install and go, no complex setup
✓ Sharp images
✓ Fast Loading
✓ Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered
✓ Hurricane and Tropical Storm Forecast Tracks with detailed information
✓ Severe weather warning boxes on the map with full detail
✓ Lightning strikes on the map within a few minutes of the actual strike!
✓ Storm Track arrows with detailed storm information including hail probability.
✓ Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
✓ Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames
✓ Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
✓ Select opacity of radar images to your taste
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
✓ This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Please follow our twitter stream at http://twitter.com/hidef_radar for news and updates.
Does NOT work on recent Android devices
USE RadarUSA2 INSTEAD.
Simple and easy to use.
Works best with a touch screen to zoom it and drag it around and with a fast data connection (3G or WiFi).
It does not work on android 3.x tablets at the moment
RadarUSA displays the most recent doppler weather radar (rain) image for a selected location. It shows a map of your area with an overlay of the rain radar image.
The app opens straight up into the most recent map for the selected area. (The images are usually updated every 6 to 10 minutes).
The map can be zoomed in and out and can be dragged around the screen.
Two image sizes are available - 124mile radius and 284mile radius.
The UT and local time is shown at the top of the image.
The 284mile option is about half an hour behind the current time owing to android not fully supporting animated gifs.
Add it to your home page and it is there at your fingertips to view at a moments notice.
INSTRUCTIONS for USE:
The very first time the app is run, it fires up in the 'States' 'menu'.
Tap on your State and the radar locations in your state will then be displayed.
Tap on the one nearest you and your map will be displayed.
By using the 'menu' button (or icon) you can get back here at any time and change the location.
The last location selected will then be the default location - this image will then always display immediately you start the app. (until you change it again).
The menu display also has 'north', 'south', 'east', and 'west' navigation buttons. Tapping one of these will load the image for the next location in the selected direction.
The final button in the 'menu' display is '284mi radius'. Tapping this will double the area covered by the display from 124 miles to 284 miles - for one time only.
This coverage reverts automatically to the standard 124 mile radius the next selection.
If you have a touch screen, you can pinch, expand and drag the image to get a closer look at a location.
The images are quite large and you should really have a wifi connection or a very good signal to get the best loading speed.
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you consider yourself an advanced user who wants even more, check out the fully featured PYKL3 Radar here on Google Play.
Whether you are scanning reflectivity for a mesocyclone's tell-tale hook echo, trying to pinpoint the landfall of a hurricane's eye wall, or looking for small features like velocity couplets in the storm relative radial velocity product, RadarScope gives you the power to view true radial NEXRAD weather radar on your Android smartphone or tablet.
RadarScope displays tornado, severe thunderstorm, and flash flood warnings issued by the National Weather Service. When warnings are in effect, you can tap the warning button in the upper right corner to browse the list of active warnings, select a warning to view the details, and even zoom to the selected warning on the map.
Pinch or stretch to zoom in and out on the map. Drag your finger to scroll around. Use the Options menu to select one of the 156 different radar sites, or to plot your current location. Tap the play button to download and animate over the last six radar images. Display the names of over 25,000 cities and towns on the map as you zoom and scroll. Drag your finger over the color legend to see the data value associated with each color. Use a long press on a warning to read the release from the National Weather Service, or on a radar site to get detailed status information. Take screenshots directly from your device and send them via GMail or SMS. With the installation of other third-party applications, you can share your images via Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and more.
You can display Level 3 radar data from NOAA's public access web site or from your AllisonHouse subscriber account. Meanwhile, RadarScope will retrieve and display updated data automatically and intelligently (approximately every 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the radar scan strategy).
RadarScope has been tested on the following phones: Casio Commando; HTC Desire HD/Droid Incredible/Droid Incredible 2/EVO 4G/Inspire/myTouch 4G/Sensation/Thunderbolt; LG Genesis/P999/Thrill 4G/Thrive; Motorola Admiral/Atrix 4G/Droid/Droid Bionic/Droid RAZR/Droid X/Droid X2; Nexus One/S; Samsung Captivate/Droid Charge/Epic 4G/Fascinate/Galaxy S/Galaxy Nexus/Infuse 4G; ZTE Warp.
It has also been tested on the following tablets: Acer Iconia A500; Samsung Galaxy Tab; Toshiba Thrive; Motorola Xoom.
Please visit our web site for more information
• Quickly view an HD animated doppler weather radar for anywhere in the contiguous United States.
• Check the current temperature and other weather conditions in any U.S. city.
• Read the latest alerts and hazardous weather discussion from the NOAA NWS in your area.
• Weather radar, alerts, and forecast all come directly from your local NOAA NWS office.
• Forecasts from the NOAA NWS are some of the most accurate available.
Whether you want to know when it will rain, or you need to know how strong the storms are on the horizon and which direction they're moving, install the Radar Express weather radar app on your mobile phone or tablet now.
Radar Express is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or the National Weather Service. It is an unofficial app.
Going somewhere and you're not sure if you need to bring your umbrella? Want to check if there's going to be fresh powder snow on the slopes in Tahoe tomorrow? Check Raindar! Raindar displays animated Doppler radar images on your Google Map. When you start Raindar it automatically focuses on your location so you can quickly see if there is precipitation coming your way. When pressing the search button on your phone you can now also search for locations within the US!
Raindar works out of the box but has many configuration options (see the recent changes page).
- green/yellow/red is rain
- blue/white is snow
Raindar can now also display storm tracks! It displays different icons for each of the 4 types of storms:
- Yellow circle: thunderstorm
- Yellow square: Hail Storm
- Yellow diamond: Rotating Thunderstorm (Mesocyclone)
- Magenta triangle: Tornado Vortex Signature (pretty heavy!)
When clicking on one of those icons a dialog will appear with detailed information.
The storm tracks also display the direction and speed of the storm in the form of an arc. The arc is split in 3 parts: 20, 40 and 60 minutes until the storm reaches that area.
On Google TV:
- Use the D-pad for navigate up/down/left/right
- Use the media forward/back or next/previous buttons to zoom in and out
Radar images and storm track data courtesy of Weather Underground. Raindar displays images from the WunderMap.
Geocoding courtesy of GeoNames.org.
If you find a bug, or have suggestions, contact me by email.
MyRadar is a fast, easy-to-use, no-frills application that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated weather!
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
Easily animate or pause the radar to see what precipitation is heading your way. Pan and zoom to your exact area and the app will remember where you are.
Whatever your activity, Radar by WeatherFlow is a critical tool for seeing where the Precipitation is and where it is going.
While the application is in beta mode it is free to download and use. Enjoy and let us know how we can improve the application to suit your needs.
Radar covers the Continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico, and USVI.
The local forecast, radar, and current weather conditions for Alabama are all within this app, including Selma, Montgomery, Greenville, Troy, Alexander City, Pratville, and the rest of the WSFA 12 News viewing area.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
NOAA Radar and Alerts is a Live Wallpaper which displays live radar images for the US location of your choosing. When enabled, the NOAA Radar and Alerts wallpaper will display live weather radar images obtained from the NOAA National Weather Service in your background. You can also enable the optional weather alerts. Choose up to five counties to receive alerts for, set your threshold and receive NOAA weather alerts as notification in your status bar.
This new "Pro" version includes the new stand-alone, launchable radar app in addition to the live wallpaper version. We've been getting slammed for the 'blank screen' problem that accompanied this new functionality and I've been working hard to solve it. This release includes a significant update which provides a 'Compatibility Mode' that remedies this situation on most phones. Compatibility Model also helps with the missing overlays some users have been experiencing. Please give us a good review if you like the app.
* Now includes Radar for Guam and Alerts for the Mariana islands
* Ability to select from any NOAA-supported US region
* Configurable layers: Radar + Topography, County Boundaries, Highways and/or City Labels
* Pinch/Zoom/Move to position your radar map
* Configurable update frequency
* Ability to use Weather Alert feature separate from Live Wallpaper
* Portrait or Landscape mode
* Optional Weather Alerts as notifications
* Receive alerts for multiple counties (US, Guam, and Virgin Isles)
* Any, Statement, Advisory, Watch or Warning alert thresholds
Install application, then select as wallpaper (from Home, touch: Menu key, Wallpaper, Live wallpapers). On the Settings screen, choose your Location and any other options settings, then touch "Set wallpaper". At the home screen, double-tap to enable positioning and pinch/zoom of the map - the wallpaper will respond to your left/right/up/down and pinch/zoom gestures. Double-tap again to exit positioning mode.
You can also zoom & position the app in the stand-alone mode and the settings will carry over to your wallpaper view.
You can receive NOAA weather alerts without using the NOAA Radar as your wallpaper. Just 'Enable Alerts' unders Settings and leave your wallpaper alone.
Compatibility Mode should help with some devices that are experiencing the 'blank overlays' issue. When compatibility mode is on, the app will operate the same as it does on low-memory device: Overlays are merged to conserve graphics memory and displayed on top of radar. Topographic overlay is not available. Overlays are cropped to 512 pixels high, leaving small top and bottom margins in the overlay.
NOTE that past radar images may not always be available from NOAA - Updates are dependent on the availability of an internet connection and images published by NOAA.
~ Weather for any City (list updated)
~ Daily predictions
~ Satellite image
~ Rain radar + animation
~ Measuring stations across the country from the Meteorological Service
More from developer
Ourcast is the weather app that tells you if there will be rain, or snow, in any location you choose, during any minute over the next 2 hours.
Going for a run? A hike? Coaching a soccer game? You’ll want to check Ourcast and plan your outdoor activities with confidence.
Simple to use, Ourcast provides an incredibly accurate short-term, hyper-local weather forecast. And once you’ve looked at your own forecast, you can participate in the Ourcast community by reporting your current weather with a quick tap of the screen.
- Forecast page with easy-to-read 10-minute weather forecasts covering the next 2 hours anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Forecasting engine that uses an entirely new statistical approach to weather analysis.
- Storm icons and dBz precipitation readings show whether rain or snow is coming or going at a single glance.
- Map view that you can scroll forward and backward in time to track storm progress.
- Bookmarks of your favorite locations for easy retrieval.
- Report your own weather conditions right on the app’s home screen, joining the Ourcast community and making forecasts better for everyone.
- See your own reports appear in Ourcast’s map view.
- Share you weather conditions easily on social media platforms Facebook and Twitter.
- Email your weather to friends and family right from Ourcast’s sharing menu.
Ourcast is just getting started, with many new features and improvements scheduled to come soon. Those in progress include:
- Alerts. Coming rain and snow alerts will pop up right on your device’s home screen.
- Badges. Those who regularly report their weather conditions will be able to unlock new badges to distinguish their reports on Ourcast’s map view.
Join the Ourcast community today! We’re working to solve weather together.