Windows8+ is Home launcher application which tries to provide Windows8 mobile like experience on your android device.
1)Live tiles for gmail, news, weather, twitter, calendar, etc with many configuration options
2) Widget Support Widget shown in the images are third party widgets.
3)Drag and drop tile groups to re-order/change the position of tiles.
4)Change icon/tile icon size using Menu >> Icon Size
5)Select the preferred country for news using Menu >> Prefs >> News Country and for stock market using Menu >> Prefs >> Stock Market
6)Power Control widget to on/off Wifi, Airplan mode, Bluetooth, ring mode, screen brightness, etc.
7)Click on icon/tile will bring up (launch) the associated app, (This application will try to associate most common applications like dialer, messsage, google play, etc) if you are clicking first time and no application is associated then list of all installed apps will be opened and you can associate any app of your wish to this tile.
8) Long Click on icon/tile to change the color, icon, application associated to tile. Following 4 options are available
* Associate App - Change the launching app while keeping the same icon on home screen.
* Change Color - Change background color of tile.
* Change App - Change the launching app and icon will be replaced with app icon
* Pin Contact - For easy access to your frequent call/text contact.
* Add Widget - Add widget on tile
9)Additional icons/tiles style which can be customized as per your need. Add/remove tiles from Menu >> Tiles
10)Weather Service : Based on your current location, local weather details are available.
11)Stock Market updates : Select your preferred Stock Market using Menu >> Misc >> Stock Market
New in V2.4.1 :
-Minor defect fixes
New in V2.3 :
-Drag & Drop of individual tile or group from home screen
-Minor defect fixes
New in V2.2 :
-Fixes for Android Kitkat
-Clock and Weather click/tap defect fix
New in V2.1 :
-Major technical changes to improve the user experience and stability of the application.
New in V2.0.1 :
-Minor enhancements for Weather and Photo tiles
New in V2.0 :
- Weather defect fix (Upgraded to premium service)
-Photo tile defect fix
New in V1.9.5 :
-Photo tile defect fix
New in V1.9.4 :
- Favorite Contact Live tile
- Minor enhancements/defect fixes
New in V1.9.3 :
-Icon Size enhancements for Mobile layout
-Minor defect fixes
New in V1.9.2 :
- Star contacts live tile - add upto 8 star/favorite contacts into single tile for quick and easy access (Disable Clock or weather live tile from Prefs and long press to select "Star Pin" )
New in V1.9 :
- Add widget on tile (defect fixes).
- Fix for application crash defect
- "Flip" tile enhancement with unread count for gmail and message
New in V1.8 :
- Add widget on tile (Widget Support) Long tap on any tile to add widget
- Option to 'Flip' the tile - Long tap on tile and select 'Flip On'
- Fixed for application crash defect.
New in V1.7 :
-Add widget on tile (Widget Support) Long tap on any tile to add widget
- Support to disabled System Clock, Weather, Photo, etc live tile from 'Pref' screen to replace with widget of your choice.
New in V1.6 :
-Twitter defect fix
New in V1.5.2 :
-More tile colors
-Fixed icon size for portrait layout
-Pin contact to any tile for quick and easy access.
New in V1.5.1 :
-Enable/disable live tiles from Prefs page
-Minor defect fixes
New in V1.5 :
-Updated tablet layout with possibility to swap every tile from Menu >> Tile(not live tiles yet)
-Ability to change default tile action/image (call, message, etc)
- Weather : Sense flip clock
- Stock market : Android Stocks Tape Widget
- Battery : Battery HD
- Currency (Exchange rate) : aCurrency
- Photo : Animated Photo Frame Widget
Usage is extremely simple:
1. Touch the very bottom of the screen and slowly swipe your finger up towards the middle of the screen.
2. When you get towards the middle, the wave appears!
3. Without raising your finger, swipe left or right to select the desired application.
4. To launch the app, simply raise your finger from the screen.
5. If you change your mind and don't want to launch anything, simply swipe the wave back to the bottom.
✓ The wave can contain any application or shortcut you can add to your home screen.
✓ The wave can contain a direct-access icon to the built-in app-drawer.
✓ The wave can contain dynamically updating recently-used apps.
✓ 'Recents Mode' will show you 12 recently used-apps
✓ Manual exclude list for recents.
✓ Create folders on the wave. Folders are fully controllable with swiping alone.
✓ Customizable wave colors and icon size
✓ The wave is accessible anytime, regardless of which application is currently running, using a simple gesture!
✓ Supports custom icons from ADW themes (More coming soon!).
✓ Use any picture/icon from your gallery/SD-card as icon.
✓ The wave responds to your finger movement. It changes its shape, icon size, and icon transparency.
✓ Can be enabled by swiping from the bottom, left side or right side of the screen (See the 'calibrate' screen)
✓ Fully independent, doesn't need to replace your home-screen app.
✓ Doesn't interfere with running applications.
✓ Small memory footprint.
✓ Fully customizable gesture-area with a single long-press and swipe!
✓ Doesn't affect battery-life!
✓ Tons of customization settings!
✓ Plugins infrastructure.
✓ App-drawer plugin with single-tap and long-press functionality.
✓ Controllable notification action.
✓ Localized to 9 languages:
English, Hebrew, Spanish, Serbian, Italian, French, Russian, German and Polish!
NOTE: Notification icon can be disabled in the settings screen.
App-drawer plugin features:
✓ Cool animations.
✓ Sort alphabetically.
✓ Sort by last-update-time.
✓ Sort in ascending/descending order.
✓ Unlike standard home-app, icons are kept in volatile cache and memory is freed when asked by Android.
✓ Long-press apps to show on market, and uninstall.
This is a very customizable app. PLEASE read the info in the Help screen, it contains lots of useful information.
NOTE: Permission to make phone calls is required for placing direct-call shortcuts on the wave.
(Call your loved-ones with a single swipe!)
Your input and comments are welcome at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot respond to market comments, but your e-mail will be answered with 100% guarantee!
Tags: wavelauncher, gesture detection, mobile merit, app drawer, WebOS, Palm Pre, HP Pre
Application you call or video during playback can register free
I can call easily even during game play!
How ** **
- To register the app
Select the color of the Wu Tan to register with the app to display the main screen.
It is the completion of registration if it is displayed in the list below the Add button.
* There is no limit to the number of registrations, but it is too registered the app small screen
It is recommended by about five in each color there is a possibility that can not be called.
- Launch the app
When you turn on the display to register the app
Rabbit will appear on the screen
Press and hold the rabbit when you want to launch other apps.
You simply select the application you want to run the rest!
- Cancel the processing
Cancel when you tap the rabbit again.
Easily the most feature-filled Android-PC remote. Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal remote control for your Windows PC. Control your favorite programs, mouse, and keyboard.
DOWNLOAD SERVER V2:
Please try the free version before you buy the full version. Please let us know if you have any problems upgrading from the free version to the full version.
* IR Actions (new!)
* Quick Actions
* NFC actions
* Custom Remotes
* WiFi (TCP/UDP)
* Easy server and app setup
* Comprehensive server manager
* Automatic server detection
* Clear connection troubleshooting
* Custom/Android keyboard support
* Single/Multi touch mouse
* Hardware volume control
* Quick Switch using swipe gestures
* Quickly change servers
* Auto-pause media for phone calls
* Homescreen shortcuts to remotes
* Wake On Lan
* Server password protection
* 256-bit AES encryption
* Voice commands
* Samsung Multi Window
REMOTES IN FREE AND FULL VERSION
* Basic Input
* File Manager
* Slide Show
* Task Manager
* Windows Media Center
* Windows Media Player
* VLC (Keyboard)
REMOTES IN FULL VERSION ONLY
* Custom Remotes
* Boxee (Keyboard)
* Boxee (Web)
* Google Music
* Hulu Desktop
* Hulu Web
* Internet Explorer
* J River Media Center
* Media Portal
* MPC HC
* PowerPoint Advanced
* PowerPoint Basic
* Send Text
* Spotify Advanced
* Tellstick Live (new!)
* USB-UIRT Helper
* Windows Photo Viewer
* VLC (Web)
* XBMC (Keyboard)
* XBMC (Web)
* XBMC Media
* XBMC Advanced (new!)
INTERNET: for server connection.
BLUETOOTH: for server connection.
WAKE_LOCK: for optional wake-lock.
READ_PHONE_STATE: for auto-pause.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: for server connection.
VIBRATE: for optional haptic feedback.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: for server connection.
NFC: for NFC actions.
INSTALL_SHORTCUT: for launcher shortcuts.
CHECK_LICENSE : for licensing checking.
E-mail us if you have any questions about the permissions required.
This product uses a SPOTIFY API but is not endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by Spotify. Spotify is the registered trade mark of the Spotify Group.
It's just same with Windows 7 Task Bar! (see the promotion video)
You can multitasking and task-kill everywhere, anytime.
Tab the start button to show/hide the task bar and Long press it to show/hide the start menu.
* In Galaxy Note 1, gallery may be not working.
* In some versions of MIUI, you are supposed to check 'Show popup window' in application setting.
Tag: taskbar quick launcher dock multi tasking apps windows8 windows7 changer switcher manager shortcut
+ In course of preparations for patent
By using other Espier apps (Espier Screen Locker 7, Espier Notifications 7, and Espier Control Center 7; The Pro editions of these apps are also available on Google Play), your Android device will get a complete makeover.
The Pro edition is only for users of Google Play. With this edition, we tried to provide you with a pure home screen app. All features are enabled and without any extra charges.
NOTE THAT IN ORDER TO RESPECT DMCA (DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT) AND APPLE'S WORK, WE CAN NOT USE THE ICON DESIGNS FROM APPLE'S IOS IN THIS APP. YOU CAN SEARCH THE ICONS ON INTERNET TO REPLACE THEM BY YOURSELF. YOU CAN ALSO VISIT THE DEVELOPER'S WEBSITE TO FIND VARIOUS THEMES TO MEET YOUR PERSONALITY.
Note: Apple, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries and regions around the world.
Note: iOS is a registered trademark of Cisco Technology, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries and regions around the world.
1. Flat-style - It brings clarity to the entire experience:
* Perfect implementation of Apple flat style home screen effects and functions.
* Prefect Apple flat style animations.
* Dynamic clock and calendar icons.
* Dynamic color of the titles and the indicators based on the shade of wallpaper.
2. A perfect combination of beautiful flat style and the modern Android features:
* Flawless widget support; You can have multiple widget pages (up to eight).
* Complete shortcuts management.
3. Dozens switches or options, which help the launcher matches your Android device perfectly:
* Use widget pages or not.
* Show all widgets in one widget page or use multiple widget pages.
* Show widget pages along with icon pages or show the widget pages separately.
* Powerful customization of icon layout; You can customize the icon size, icon layout (columns and rows), the size of icon title, and the color of the title.
4. Unique multi-language support; Dozens languages supported, and more and more.
5. App Box folder reminds you the update of your apps in time.
6. Other features or enhancements:
* Design icon by yourself; you can apply one design to a specific category of icons, not only one icon.
* Hide and/or lock icons.
* Dozens of themes (more and more) available to change your icon style.
* Dozens of plugins (more and more) available to extend the functions; Badge icons if you use Espier Notifications plugin.
* You can get your favorite wallpapers and icons from Online Gallery easily.
1. This edition is only for users of Google Play. In addition to downloading charges, there is no any other charges. With this edition, we tried to provide you with a pure home screen (launcher) app. All value-added services, such as App Box folder, are removed from this edition.
2. For the most perfect Apple flat style experiences, please download and install Espier Screen Locker 7, Espier Notifications 7, Espier Control Center 7 (The Pro edtions of these apps are also available). Espier Studio has developed and is developing more and more apps in Apple style for you!
3. Network resources:
* Please visit http://3g.espier.mobi/en/sns/app-community?pack_name=mobi.espier.launchergpro to communicate with the developer.
* Please join the Espier-Apps Google Groups (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/espier-apps) for easy communication with the developer and other users of Espier apps.
There are two shortcut widgets that can be dragged from the Widgets Section of your home launcher:
1. Pen Window launcher widget - to open a floating icon which hovers over any open application so you can invoke the Pen Window drawer whatever you are doing and whenever you want.
2. Pen Window drawer widget - to open the Pen Window drawer directly and is useful if you use third-party apps like Tasker, LMT Launcher or gesture control apps to call the Pen Window directly.
The floating launcher icon and/or the Pen Window drawer can also be opened from the notification drawer when the app is active.
There are various settings you can set for the app like custom window size for the Pen Window drawer, floating launcher icon size and transparency and more. Settings are normally accessible from the notification panel.
Pen Window Launcher will work with both rooted and non-rooted compatible devices.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Control your Raspberry Pi remotely by sending commands through SSH. SSH must be installed on the Raspberry PI and the daemon started so that the commands can be executed. To install the SSH execute on a console of your Raspberry Pi the following command:
"sudo apt-get install ssh"
The commands available are:
-Kill XBMC (Kill the process)
-Start Transmission (Start Transmission bittorrent client service)
-Stop Transmission (Stops the Transmission bittorrent client service)
-Restart Transmission (Restart Transmission bittorrent client service)
-Restart (Restart the Raspberry Pi)
-Turn off (Turn off the Raspberry Pi)
In addition to these commands, the application allows you to enter custom commands that can be grouped by categories.
In the next version I will add the ability to add custom commands that have "echo" version, which means that the application will display the commands return. This is useful for commands like "top" that returns the list of processes and use of resources updating every few seconds.
If you are interested in translating the app to your language, contact to me.
The only Smart Remote you'll need!
Smart IR Remote is the only IR universal remote app for Android that you'll ever need: it's smart, with a device coverage that is huge (700000 devices, with more added daily and on request), and it's the only one that makes use of features only your phone/tablet have, that a plastic remote (like the Logitech Harmony) never will. As IR remote controls go, especially android remote controls, you'll never find one better!
Smart Remote works with any Samsung and HTC devices with an IR Blaster, and any other brand phone/tablet with an IR Blaster that runs Android 4.4 or above provided originally by the manufacturer, including the Galaxy S5 and the new HTC One M8. Even better, Smart IR Remote also works on most custom ROMs like CyanogenMod.
Smart IR Remote is an universal smart remote control app that can command almost anything that receives InfraRed commands, like a TV, Set Top Box (cable and satellite box), DVD, BluRay player, VCR, Amplifier, Air Conditioner, AV Receiver, DSLR camera, etc. Better yet, you can combine your remotes into smart remotes (activities) so that on your custom remote you'll have the volume buttons to your surround system, the channel buttons to control your set top box and the display buttons to control your TV. It's the only Android universal tv remote that can do that, while controlling any other device too!
Do you want to help translate our app? Visit https://crowdin.net/project/smart-ir-remote
If your remote is missing, please email us and we'll do our best to help!
On top of all that, since you're holding a phone, why not use some of it's unique features?
AIR GESTURES - exclusive to Android 4.1-4.4 Galaxy S4
Simply wave your hand above your phone to change channels, volume, or whatever your heart pleases - it's all configurable!
MUTE/PAUSE ON PHONE CALL
Smart Remote can now mute your TV, pause your media player, or even switch them off if you wish, all of that when your phone rings.
Group commands in batches, sort them and add delays, and then execute the series of commands one after the other. Imagine being able to turn your TV, Xbox and surround system on, switch TV to HDMI 1 all with a single tap!
Automatically execute commands or macros, when certain conditions occur: your phone rings, at a time chosen by you, when you use your phone's Volume Buttons. Are you a Tasker fan? We have a Tasker plugin that integrates well and lets you to send commands
With both lockscreen and homescreen widgets, you'll have your favorite just a tap away when you grab your phone. Need something even better? read on
FLOATING REMOTE (CHATHEAD)
The floating remote is a remote that stays above other apps which can be shown with just a single tap and lets you send commands even while you're playing a game on your phone
BACKUP / RESTORE
If you switch ROMs often or need the remotes you put hard work on to be available on all your devices, you can simply make a backup once and then restore on all your other devices
RECORD REMOTES - exclusive to the HTC One due to hardware limitations in other devices
Couldn't find your remote in our list? Simply record each button to have it just the way you want it. Opt in to share your remote so that other customers can make use of your work too!
Almost all brands in the world are supported, including Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Yamaha, DirecTV (Direct TV), etc.
- Network communication - for downloading remotes from our servers
- Phone calls (read phone status and identity) - for ID your phone for backups + task execution when your phone rings
- Draw over other apps - floating remote (chathead)
- List Accounts - login with Google for backups
- Prevent phone from sleeping - for keeping phone on while using the app
- Wifi (multicast) State - finding devices in your network
Windows 8 Controller lets you control your Windows 8 PC as if it is a tablet. Just using your Android phone, you can experience the Windows 8 gestures like pinch, stretch, rotate, swipe, side gestures etc.
Easily scroll through web pages, pinch to zoom in your photos, cycle through open apps...
It's fast and fluid! Give it a try, you'll love it!
Some features of Windows 8 Controller includes:
- Multitouch gestures (pinch, stretch, swipe, rotate)
- Natural Scrolling Experience (Scroll horizontally and vertically as you scroll on a tablet)
- Use as a mouse (move, left/right/middle/double click, drag)
- Side gestures (Swipe from left/right/bottom/top to switch to next open app, show charms, show app options, close app respectively)
- Tiles Screen (A tiles screen including most needed shortcuts like show start, show desktop, open computer and much more)
- Custom Tiles
- Panic Button
- App Commands (Remote controls for General use, Windows Media Player, VLC Player, IE, Firefox, Chrome, YouTube and Netflix player. More to come very soon)
- Power Options (Don't you think it's not so easy to shut down the Windows 8? Not anymore. Windows 8 Controller includes power shortcuts. Shut down, restart, hibernate, sleep, lock, log off your computer with one tap)
- Volume Control (Do you need an easy way to adjust the volume of your Windows 8 PC? You've got it! Windows 8 Controller has a volume controller by which you can adjust/mute/unmute your computer's volume from your phone. Also you can use the hardware volume buttons of your phone)
- Virtual Keyboard (Type text by using your Android's keyboard. Take advantage of auto-complete feature of your keyboard or use swype keyboard. You can even type text to your computer by using voice-to-text feature of your Android phone's keyboard)
- Easily go back/forward (Tilt your phone left/right to go back/forward in your favourite web browser or file explorer)
- Four (or five) fingers pinch (to reveal start screen easily)
- With auto-connect and quick-connect features, it is very easy to connect your phone to your computer and start using Windows 8 Controller.
* Some features are only available in Pro version!
** You need to download and install Windows 8 Controller Server app (it is totally FREE) to your Windows 8 PC because your phone communicates with your computer through this application.
To download the server app, please visit www.windows8controller.com
Turn your phone into a universal remote control using your phone's built-in IR transmitter. No external hardware required. No network connection required. No permissions required. Lifetime return policy!
Control your TV, your Set-top Box, your Audio Video Receiver, your Amplifier, your DVD Player, your Blu-ray Player, your Air Conditioner, your Projector, your DSLR camera, your PS3, your Xbox, and more! Prank your friends, anything you'd like with this user-friendly remote control!
· Save each one of your devices so that you can easily access them later.
· Control all of your devices from just one screen, by creating your own custom remote, where you can add buttons from different devices in a single tab!
· Customize your remote control by changing the number of tabs, the layout, the colors, the style of each button, and more.
· Save a sequence of actions (macro) to be executed one by one. For example you can turn on your TV, turn on your cable box, wait 1 second, go to channel 100 and turn up the volume. All of these actions saved in a single button.
· You can send your own custom IR code and save it to a button.
If you notice any bugs, or your device is not supported, please contact us at email@example.com and we will fix it for you! Additionally, if you're not happy with the app just send us your order details and we will refund you. We guarantee a lifetime return policy.
Note: This application works only with phones that have an IR blaster (infrared blaster) embedded (currently Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Galaxy Tab 2, Galaxy Tab 3, Galaxy Mega). If it doesn't work with your device, instead of leaving a poor comment, please send us your order details and we will instantly refund you.
Currently supporting over 500,000 devices
************UPDATE 12/15/13***************** Complete redesign, improved compatibility, updated and quicker download links for required files.!!!!!!!
Ever wish you could have a full desktop experience on your phone or tablet? Now you can! With this fully working Ubuntu 10.10 install GUIDE and FILES!
1GHZ processor (recommended)
Android 2.0 or higher
Most stock ROMS will work (No guarantee for custom ROMS)
SD card with at least 4GB of free space
Data connection on your device
What is this?
This is a fully customized Ubuntu 10.10 image themed and optimized for mobile devices. This will allow you to run a full Ubuntu system inside, or for a lack of better terms along side your existing Android install (!!!You can still make calls, text, and use android without having to reboot your phone!!!).
Key features include:
Ability to install a full operating system on your phone
Unity 2d (lightweight gnome)
Working update manager
Working software center
Working BitTorrent app
756MB-1.3 GB free space in virtual drive after install
Ability to access files on your SD card from Ubuntu
Ability to have a full Ubuntu desktop side by side with Android
App provides a detailed instruction set on how to get Ubuntu running on your android device with all of the necessary files and custom Ubuntu image. App provides a 1.5GB custom Ubuntu image designed to work on Android. Please email us if you have any questions. Screen resolution of Ubuntu can be changed to fit your screen exactly from inside Ubuntu once it has been installed. The current resolution is 800x480 however will scale to any screen size tablets included. If you are installing on a tablet Pocket Cloud VNC free or paid versions are encouraged for best performance.
Help Me I am having a problem! Feel free to email us at any time. We will do our best to respond right away.
" - AppEggs.com
gPad is a wireless touchpad, configurable remote and keyboard for PC/Mac. Control you computers via wifi, usb or bluetooth (bluetooth is beta). Similar to Gmote, remote droid, XBMC, unified remote,... but now, you can configure and share your own remote's!
Create layouts for all your applications, organise your shortcuts, expand your keyboard, automate key sequences,… Any of your ideas!
Create/share/download gPads for:
* Presentation (powerpoint, google docs, ...)
* Media players (Winamp, iTunes, media player, any music program, ...)
* Graphical (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D, video, vlc, ...)
* Media center, Windows, Mac, XBMC, Spotify, Frontpad, eyeTV, mediaportal,...
* Keypad and keyboard extensions
* Game cheat codes or key sequences
* Any of your ideas! Extend your keyboard now!
To use gPad, download the server on your pc (www.gpad.mobi) and get started!
For more information about the developers, visit us on www.MOBiSTERS.mobi or follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MOBiSTERS/145275582205673. Post your findings and ideas on Facebook and they may become real!
Control your RFM12 power outlets, infrared devices or read sensor data like temperature.. there are endless possibilities for house and home automation! Check out the project page on our website to get inspired! Works also for many projects in the "internet of things'.
Build your own remote control ( HMI ) with the online editor on my website without knowing how to create android applications and reuse your config in other apps like the iOS (iPhone/iPad) app or the OSX Dashboard Widget!
- generic view rendering (button, slider, label, switch) for your DIY projects
- sending, receiving data over TCP sockets (like Telnet or Netcat)
- communication through local or mobile network (3g)
- use custom icons stored on SD card
- reconnect after connection errors
- support for multiple receivers
- send requests continuously while holding down a button
- display responses on labels every X miliseconds (interval updates)
- utf-8 support
It's time for an update! Thanks again for your feedback - it makes the NetIO app even more awesome!
- redesigned and more customisation options
- now supports HTTPS and Basic Auth HTTPS connections
- supports UDP connections
- event-based global response listening, set multiple items with one response
- improved connection handling by adding a configurable command termination character for responses
- Calculations, transform incoming data into valuable numbers (check documentation)
- advanced runtime formatting possibilities (setting colours, images and icons)
- Slider: adding step and reset attributes
- several bugfixes
Important: This application needs some hardware or software to connect to. Without such a thing nothing will happen! Please contact me if you have any problems!
More information and configuration instructions are available at netio.davideickhoff.de. There is also a demo video, which shows a working scenario where you can control IR devices and some power connectors.
(Demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWm2Q_TL4HY )
If there are any problems please write a mail!
This app has been written by Jonas Eickhoff.
-- WARNING --
THIS IS A PRE-RELEASE BETA! PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS APP UNLESS YOU HAVE TRIED THE FREE VERSION AND ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE IT DOES WHAT YOU WANT.
IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS such as crashes or features not working as expected, please email what action caused the crash and your device type to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can fix the problem.
There are a few features that are not final:
- Limited documentation
- A few UI elements need polishing
The universal remote control interface for Android!
Andre is a fully customizable, feature rich front end for controlling things. What things? Anything that can be controlled over the network, including home automation software (such as Promixis' Girder), IR transmitters (like the Global Cache IP2IR), alarm systems, media servers and players, IP controllable A/V hardware, and more.
A handful of usage examples:
- Universal Remote for home theater
- Alarm system control/status
- Whole house music control
- Home/office monitoring from anywhere
- Lighting and environment status & control
- Weather station
- Custom sound board
- Music/video catalog
- IT server monitoring and control
- Router control interface
Andre is server-agnostic and supports http(s) and TCP communication. For most uses Andre is paired with server software/hardware that is capable of communicating through one of these protocols such as home automation apps (Girder, PowerHome, HAI, HomeSeer, mControl, Control4, Vivint and many others), media software (XBMC, JRiver, MediaPortal, etc.), and alarm systems. More and more hardware is becoming controllable this way, including A/V receivers, set-top boxes and DVRs, weather stations, even alarm clocks and digital picture frames.
PLEASE NOTE: WHILE ANDRE *IS* CAPABLE OF A LOT OF STAND-ALONE FUNCTIONALITY ON THE ANDROID DEVICE ITSELF, MOST COMMON USES REQUIRE SERVER SIDE SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT IS NOT PART OF ANDRE.
If you are unsure if Andre will do what you want please visit http://www.andreapp.com for more info or to ask questions. We will be happy to help!
CUSTOM USER INTERFACE
The UI is completely configurable through an XML file or comprehensive on-screen editors, consisting of one or more pages that can contain any combination of controls:
- Button (customizable look, feel and behavior; animatable (sprite/scale/move/rotate/alpha)
- List (static or dynamic; image and/or text content)
- Slider/Progress bar (skinnable; horizontal or vertical)
- Text (custom TrueType/OpenType font support)
- Web Browser
- Any Android Widget
ADVANCED CONTROL CAPABILITIES
Button look and feel is dynamic with labels, drop shadows, borders/background fill, color tinting and more. They can trigger over 50 actions, including:
- Call web service/TCP
- Change pages
- Play sound (MP3, OGG, RAW formats)
- Execute scripts
- Start/stop timers
- Modify other controls
- Speak text
- Trigger user input dialogs
Buttons are assigned functionality for five distinct actions: display, touch, held, repeat and release. They can also be given user-defined 'states' that change how they look or act. Andre supports one or more 'locations' (e.g. Family Room, Bedroom) which can also change button appearance and behavior. Buttons can be triggered by simple gestures and physical device buttons too.
SOCIAL LAYOUT SHARING
Exchange pre-configured controls and designs with other Andre users on the device or through andreapp.com! A growing catalog of buttons, pages and other contols to quickly get started with your layout.
- TCP Scripting
- Run as Home Screen
- Push notifications from the cloud
- Broadcast & receive Android Intents (interface with Tasker, EventGhost and other Android apps)
More from developer
Remote Launcher is an easy to use tool that enables you to launch applications remotely on your PC via your Android device with a single click. It can also be used to start your PC up, even if it is turned off, with the built in support for Wake On Lan. It consists of an Android app and a small server program for your PC.
There is also support for Android shortcuts and widgets (size 1x1) available to start programs even quicker.
You can configure Remote Launcher to start any application on your PC, e.g. start your mediacenter (xbmc etc), shutdown/restart the computer or run a custom script.
It's also possible to automate Remote Launcher using Android intents or shortcuts. That makes it possible to use it together with tools such as Tasker or Llama to perform tasks at certain events, e.g. "shutdown computer when I leave home" or "send wake on lan packet to computer and start xbmc when I get back home". You can even do things like muting your computer when there's an incoming call and unmuting it when the call finishes. The imagination is the limit.
To use Remote Launcher you need to install the Remote Launcher Server on your PC. Downloads, installation instructions, user guides and examples are available on the project wiki:
The Remote Launcher server is written in Java so it should work on any pc with the Java Runtime Enviromnment installed (version 1.6 or later), be it Linux, Windows or Mac OS. It has been tested on Ubuntu and Windows 7.
Remote Launcher is a nice alternative to more complex remote control solutions such as vnc or ssh when you just need to start specific programs.
Remote Launcher works both with wifi and cellular connections. However, if you use cellular and the pc running Remote Launcher Server is behind a router, you will have to configure port forwarding on your router to forward the port 4444 to your pc. You will also need to configure the Remote Launcher app to use the IP address of the router instead of the pc in this case.
If you run into any issues, please contact the developer as it is not possible to answer to comments in the Market. You can also follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/owtroid
This is the free version. It is currently limited to having just one single server configured. A paid version without limitations is also available: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.owtroid.remotelauncher