Berlitz Essential Dictionary English-Swedish / Swedish-English
• Around 45,000 headwords, expressions and translations
• Translates from and into Swedish (English<->Swedish)
• Up-to-date vocabulary
• For travellers and beginners
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways.
∙ General search
∙ NEW! Full text search
∙ NEW! Search for anagrams (e.g. bat-tab)
∙ NEW! Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
∙ Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
∙ Similar words search in case of misspelling
Translate and input features
• NEW! Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Three integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software, search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher) or take a picture of the text and translate it with Google Goggles.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to the Berlitz-App.
• Morphology modules help to translate words in any grammatical form (for English language).
• NEW! Translate unknown words or phrases from any application like the web browser or email using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to a dictionary directly and get translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
• NEW! Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making the dictionary a must-have for any language scholar (for English language)!
• NEW! Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Word of the day widget.
• NEW! Improved interface design with easy-to-access navigation and search field makes dictionary use simple.
• NEW! Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required.
About Berlitz Publishing
Berlitz Publishing is the unparalleled language-learning market leader, providing the global community with the skills needed to communicate with anyone, anywhere. Berlitz covers 30 world languages through audio programs, phrase books and dictionaries, and complements this offering with travel guides and maps featuring more than 60 international destinations.
What’s new in this app:
* A major design update (we went native!)
* Editing – help improve Wikipedia articles from your phone!
* Everything is faster, whether you’re searching, browsing, or settling a bar bet
* Table of contents to help you navigate long article and get to the information you need
* Wikipedia Zero support – data charges waived for participating mobile operators (Wikipedia as always is of course freely licensed)
* Search any language Wikipedia
* Bookmark pages
* Random article
* Recent browsing history
You can install Wikipedia Beta alongside your current version of Wikipedia for Android, so you can test our new features before they go live for all Wikipedia for Android users. Your feedback will help us fix bugs and decide what features to focus on next.
Please help us improve this app by leaving feedback here or sending a note to our mailing list, email@example.com