The spectrum is displayed in linear and logarithmic scales.
* Panning and zooming allow exploration of the fine details of the spectrum.
* Ensemble spectral averaging is used to construct the spectrum of continuous audio too large for a single FFT transformation.
The application is designed for use in science education experiments that:
* investigate the frequency components of sound,
* determine the dominant frequency of audio.
Screen shots illustrate Doppler shift of sound source swinging on a pendulum.
* First shot of stationary sound source spectrum centered closely around dominant frequency of 1838.
* Second shot of moving sound source spectrum with lower frequencies as source recedes from microphone and higher frequencies as source approaches microphone.
More from developer
Do you want a more efficient way to close your apps?
This IS the app for you!
Just shake your phone to close your apps!! It's that easy, and it saves you a heap of time!
***** WATCH THE VIDEO TO FIND OUT HOW TO USE THE APP *****
- Change the sensitivity of the sensor
- Starts at boot time, to save you time
- Select if it should vibrate and/or make a sound when you shake
- Make your life more fun, with this easy to use tool, that saves you time!
How to use:
1) Start up the service by hitting 'Start'
2) That's it, you're ready to start shaking to close your apps!
You can use your phone as a guide, which will buzz every time you come within 2 - 3 cm of an object.
*****HOW TO USE*****
1) Open the app, and chose your category based on the audio description (Remember, hold your phone on its side!)
2) Extend your arm away from you, holding the phone with its screen pointing away from you.
3) Now you can start walking, and if you come too near to an object, your phone will buzz and make a noise!