With PNMDroid on your phone you can make a first diagnostic when problems occur on your network.PRTG Network Monitor is perfect for monitoring your network 24/7
With PNMDroid you have access to your PRTG Server so you can view your:
and all the other options that PRTG Network Monitor offers.
PNMDroid has the following features:
Pause and resume a sensor.
More from developer
• Full visibility into the state of your probes, groups, devices, sensors, and channels on multiple PRTG instances.
• Pause, acknowledge alarms, trigger scans, run device auto-discovery, etc. You can do a lot of things with the app that you can over the web interface or the Enterprise Console, with an interface tailored to your mobile device.
• QR code scanning makes it easy to jump directly to a sensor.
• Enhanced notifications can (optionally) alert you in your device's status bar when PRTG finds problems on your network.
• Home screen widgets (available only on 4.1 or higher, sorry!) allow you to keep an eye on your network without the app running in the foreground.
• Network tools such as ping, traceroute, and DNS lookups are included. We'll be adding more in the future!
To use this app, you need to run an installation of PRTG Network Monitor 13.1 or later that is accessible from the network your device is connected to. If you don't have a PRTG Network Monitor installed, you can still try a demo account, and the network tools are completely independent and don't require any PRTG server to operate.
Running an older version of Android or an older PRTG release? You can still use our previous release, PRTGdroid: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paessler.prtg
• INTERNET - Rather critical :-)
• CAMERA - Required for the QR scanner.
• WAKE_LOCK - Necessary for the alert functionality. Don't worry, we put a lot of effort into keeping our battery and network use as low as possible.
• Notifications can optionally VIBRATE your phone.
• We use ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE and ACCESS_WIFI_STATE to check if the internet is available, and to determine whether or not we should load large graphs (we don't load them when you're on a mobile data network).
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is needed to cache certain data.
• RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED lets us set notifications back up after a reboot.
If you have any problems or suggestions, we're happy to hear them. Just send us an email at email@example.com.
A PRTG Mobile Probe sees your network from the mobile perspective and provides you monitoring data from just this point of view. You can review the monitoring results in PRTG Network Monitor’s web interface, as well as the most recent results directly on the PRTG Mobile Probe.
Features currently include:
* Monitoring WiFi coverage
* Performing pings to other devices or services from the mobile point of view
* Monitoring loading times of webpages via HTTP from the mobile point of view
* Monitoring environmental data such as light intensity, temperature, pressure, or humidity, depending on available measuring components on your Android device
* Showing location of the device (OS 2.3 or later) and its battery status
Requirements and Setup:
* You need to run an installation of PRTG Network Monitor version 13.4.7 or later.
* Your Android device should be configured to not turn WiFi off when it sleeps.
* The PRTG Core Server must be accessible from the network your device is connected to.
* Under "Setup | System Administration | Probes", you will need to enter either "any" or an appropriate IP range under "Allow IPs" and the “Small Probes” setting must be set to allow Small Probes to connect. Please note that we do not recommend relying on a VPN!
* Link up the Mobile Probe with your PRTG webserver by providing its address and access key.
* Acknowledge the new probe connection in PRTG’s web interface and create corresponding sensors for the mobile probe.
* For location monitoring you need OS 2.3 or later.
* Sometimes the countdown timer forgets how much time is remaining. It will be fixed in a future release.
* Certain devices are very aggressive about putting the WiFi radio to sleep. Please let us know if you see gaps in the results - we're still looking for a good solution.
For more information about PRTG Mobile Probe, please refer to our blog article and contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.