This app offers a free 30 day trial period, activated once you subscribe to it through Google Play, and then £7.99 a month. You can cancel your subscription at anytime during the 30 day free period to avoid any charges. Alternatively if you are a subscriber to the newspaper, you get free access to the app by entering unique access codes sent to you.
The Scotsman Newspaper app brings you full colour PDF versions of Scotland’s national newspaper, every newspaper supplement and Scotland on Sunday, all presented in pristine detail and designed to be enjoyed on your tablet device.
Updated early each morning seven days a week, the app gives you the opportunity to read the full edition of the paper and its supplements over breakfast, or download them for offline reading later.
In the app’s archive, you get access to full PDF versions of the paper for the past 30 days, including every supplement and the weekly Scotland on Sunday.
The supplements include:
• The Scotsman Magazine
• Festival Guide (published throughout August)
When viewing a paper or supplement, you can pinch and zoom to enlarge the pages and articles, swipe through or jump to the next or other pages, use the search functionality to find specific articles, and view full pages either in single page portrait or double page spread landscape mode.
In addition, the app features the latest news from Scotsman.com, updated throughout the day and including photo slideshows and videos, which can all be shared on social media.
The news sections available are as follows:
• Scottish News – latest in-depth news from around Scotland
• UK/International News – reports and analysis from the UK and further afield
• Business – in-depth coverage from The Scotsman's expert business journalists
• Sport – with a Scottish perspective from the country's best football, rugby and golf writers
• Opinion – app-exclusive comment and analysis on the key issues affecting Scotland
• Lifestyle – in-depth interviews, insightful reportage, incisive arts criticism and the best of Scottish lifestyle
• Heritage – distinctly Scottish, a fascinating perspective on Scots history and culture
• Edinburgh Evening News – the best content from The Scotsman’s sister title, the Edinburgh Evening News