**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
Here we are trying to reflect those reports in form of Android App with following features:-
✔ Recent Earthquake data from USGS / National Seismological Centre
✔ Get notified whenever earthquake happens at Nepal of magnitude greater than 4
✔ List of Past earthquakes occurred in Nepal since 1994
✔ Probability of most risky areas for a Mw 6.5+ earthquake for current month
✔ 7 Days, Magnitude 4.0+ Worldwide from USGS
✔ Take screenshot of the current screen and share it to your friends
✔ Stats on the damages brought by earthquake
✔ Get updated with news
✔ Gallery of Earthquake damages, relief works etc.
✔ Videos related to earthquake in Nepal
✔ Emergency contact addresses of Nepal Police and Hospitals
✔ Tips for being safe from Earthquakes
✔ Donate information for PM Relief fund, Nepal
✔ Access data offline
Disclaimer : The content of this app are powered by different sources:-
- Earthquake activities data are taken from National Seismological Centre,Nepal (http://seismonepal.gov.np)
- Stats on damages are taken from Nepal Disaster Risk Reduction Portal (http://drrportal.gov.np).
- Probability of most risky areas for a Mw 6.5+ earthquake is being taken from world-earthquakes.com.
- 7 Days, Magnitude 4.0+ Worldwide from USGS
- Videos of earthquake related activities are powered by youtube. We do not upload any videos. Contact the uploader if any issues.
- Photos are collected from different sources, as mentioned in the photo caption in app
App notifications can be turned off manually via Settings panel in the app. Earthquake Nepal assumes no liability for any harm caused by use of this application.
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 17 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
Data Source: Department of Mines and Geology
Developed For: Department of Mines and Geology
Logo and UI design By: Suresh Prasad Shrestha (email@example.com).
Developed By: Manohar Shrestha in association with Upveda Technology
Contact Developers: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
★ Earthquake magnitude, depth and age
★ Tectonic plates
★ Earthquake ticker showing strongest earthquakes
★ Tap quake label for more info and sharing
Spin the globe and pinch to zoom. Tap a label to see depth and time in ticker.
View earthquakes from last hour, day, 7 days or 30 days.
Data is from USGS.
NOTE: If the "time ago" is wrong for you - then check your phone time AND timezone in your phone settings.
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
Earthquake Alert Nepal is an earthquake data showing application that based on multiple data sources.It shows Nepal Earthquake alerts. It downloads data from Seismonepal.gov.np (Nepal Seismological Center (NSC)) and USGS.gov (United States Geological Survey (USGS)).
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake alerts of Nepal and around the border of Nepal.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred at Nepal in the past from 1994 to till date. It shows the exact data of latest Quakes of Nepal.
- 2 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake :
* Nepal Seismological Center (NSC)
* U.S.Geological Survey (USGS)
- See latest earthquakes of Nepal
- Notification of earthquakes even when the application is not running
- Filter earthquake data according to your needs
- Click on earthquake data list to view on map
- Recent Ten Earthquake data is presented in Map.
- Distance from You to Epicenter in MAP view.
- Custom notifications system.
- Real time notifications (suggested filter on Magnitude: 4.5+).
- Custom filters by magnitude, distance and time.
- Data loaded from earthquake-report.com.
- View earthquakes on map.
- Magnitude, depth, distance, location and UTC time for each earthquake.
- Link to in-depth page on earthquake-report.com for more information.
- View earthquakes from last 24 hrs., 48hrs. or 7 days.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a lightweight application. Choose whether or not and how often to run the earthquake notifier, and whether or not to use your location.
Get instant notifications of nearby earthquakes.
This app doesn't use any resources when it's turned off! You'll get FAST notifications of nearby earthquakes without using battery or network resources.
- Live earthquake information from all around the world.
- Free earthquake alerts customized for you, with no restrictions.
- Powerful search feature to find earthquakes dating back to 1970!
- Beautiful & simple design, view earthquakes on a map and in a list.
- Find the exact location of the earthquake, the depth and the distance away from you.
If you need information or notifications about the latest earthquakes near to you, download My Earthquake Alerts today. It is similar to apps such as Earthquake by American Red Cross or Earthquake Alert!
gempa (Global Earthquake Monitoring Processing Analysis) GmbH, Potsdam, Germany, a spin-off of GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences, presents the Android App EQInfo giving information about the latest earthquake detections.
EQInfo supports the following features:
1. List of latest earthquakes showing magnitude, region, time ago, direction/distance to the earthquake epicenter and detecting agency
2. Earthquake details including overview map. New: Page through solutions of different agencies
3. Map of latest earthquakes
4. Options to filter the earthquake information by magnitude, depth, time and region
5. Configuration of data sources, update intervals, geolocation and unit of measurement
6. Background updates and notifications
7. Sharing of event information
EQInfo retrieves earthquake information from the following agencies:
- GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), http://www.emsc-csem.org
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), http://www.usgs.gov
- Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics (BMKG), http://inatews.bmkg.go.id
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Spanisch National Geographic Institute (IGN), http://www.ign.es
- National Observatory of Athens (NOA, Greece), http://www.noa.gr
- Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI, Turkey), http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr
- GNS Science New Zealand, http://www.gns.cri.nz
The user has total control in defining which agencies would have a higher or lower preference. After setting this EQInfo will take care of aggregating the solutions for you, considering your preferences settings.
EQInfo tries to minimize both the data volume and update time. If supported, your filter criteria is summited to the agency for server-side filtering. Also the most compact data format is selected for transmission. Using this approach the amount of data transfered is 5-10 times smaller than fetching an RSS feed. Often the earthquake list of one agency is transfered in not more than 2KB.
Get the latest Greece Earthquake information. Real Time Notification for earthquakes bigger than 4M. Watch the location of earthquakes on a map. Data are provided from the three differnt places
1. Department of Geophysics-Geothermics, University of Athens.
2. U.S. Geological Survey
3. Euro-Med Seismological Centre
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
It uses push notifications to alert you when an earthquake occurs that match any predefined filters.
Create as many filters as you want to monitor earthquakes all over the world. Create a filter for smaller earthquakes near your location, or one to filter very large quakes worldwide, or create a custom location and radius - it's up to you!
Push notifications use Google's GCM technology and therefore require Android 2.2.
Again, this is a companion app for Earthquake Alert!. Once you have both installed they work together seamlessly.