For all those who are giving it 1 stars due to the alerts it didn't generate on Oct28th,I will be looking at the code and moving this app to a new server.So that it would work fine at any time.(It didn't generate alerts because its gets the feed from PTWC and not ATWC which is the one that sends alerts for US West Coast)
**** This app is not for those people living in California,Hawaii,Canada and Western Coast of North America****
This is only for Asian countries in Pacific,Australia and NewZealand!!!
Note 1: If you don't get Tsunami alerts it's more due to your network providers data connection
Note 2: There is no way this app would report false reports.It also reports information bulletins/watch messages(level3/level4 messages) which are not of that much significance.Always look out for level1/level2 messages!
Note 3:If you have battery saving apps like Juice defender this might not work as it constantly pings the server (You need to allow this app in Juice defender settings to allow internet acess)
Pacific Ocean is otherwise known as Ring of Fire as nearly 90% of the world's earthquakes and 80% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the cost of Pacific Ocean..Some of them are large enough like the one at Japan in March 2011 and they may cause destructive Tsunami's which may kill thousands of people along the Pacific coast.A Tsunami alert on your phone may help you to get informed before the disaster strikes..
Each Tsunami alert would be accompanied by a siren sound and generally it would last for few seconds depending upon the category of alert.For highest alert,it would last for 15 seconds(7 seconds during daytime) and for other information bulletins the siren would last for 2 seconds.
Take your own decision based upon the location of Tsunami and how far it's from your place.
People living in California,Oregon,Washington,British Colombia (Canada & United States) may have to rely to WCATC warnings apart from this...
Note:This app relies on PTWC Tsunami warnings for Pacific Ocean
There is a higher probability of Tsunami in Atlantic similar to that of Dec 2004 Tsunami in Indian Ocean.On November 1,1755 - A Tsunami in Atlantic Ocean wiped out the entire city of Lisbon in Portugal!!And the Tsunami's in Atlantic ocean may also affect nearly the whole of US East Coast,Canada and Europe.Added to this there is a fault line which runs through the centre of Atlantic ocean and there has been not a major earthquake of over 7.5 in the last 90 years.So there is every possibility of a Tsunami in that region in future.
Each Tsunami alert notification would be accompanied by a siren sound and generally it would last for few seconds depending upon the category of alert.For highest alert,it would last for 15 seconds(7 seconds during daytime) and for other information bulletins the siren would last for 2 seconds.
Note:This app relies on PTWC Tsunami warnings for Caribbean sea.(Atlantic Ocean)
With a Holo interface you can have the latest earthquakes, have notifications when they happen based on the time frequency you chose.
- Track latest earthquakes from around the world
- Notification Alerts
You will receive a notification when a earthquake happens, based on the frequency and magnitude you chose
- Select the minimum magnitude
- Three Holo themes to chose from
- No ads
-Receive Earthquake Alerts before seismic waves arrive in Mexico City. The earthquake has to be in Guerrero with a magnitude of more or equal than 6.0
-Get information about preliminary magnitude
- See a list of recent earthquakes in Mexico
ubAlert is a global social network that operates to save lives by sharing the knowledge of the world's citizens with those in danger.
Our ubAlert app gives you all the information you need when it comes to disasters happening across the world. With data collected from both verified sources and users like you, you’ll instantly have access to everything you need to know about an event. Alerts contain basic event details, impact statistics, maps, images, videos, and more. You can instantly share alerts with friends and family members to get them out of harm’s way via email, Facebook and Twitter.
The goal of this app is to create the world's largest, most reliable, all-hazard disaster alerting network by combining data from global institutions and data providers with crowd-sourced user accounts. Our global emergency warning platform validates the reliability of the reported content and then immediately alerts those who may be impacted, depending on the severity and location.
In the wake of the recent mega disasters (Indian Ocean Tsunami, Japan Earthquake/Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, etc...) and numerous man-made fiascos (SARs scare, Terrorist Attacks, etc…), it's become painfully obvious that the existing alert systems aren't enough. These events claimed more innocent lives than they had to, and we've been wondering why. You’d think our cities, states, and countries would have figured out a better way to warn us by now.
So we decided to create a global social network to fill the gap. If even a single life is saved, it's been well worth the effort.
Why doesn't this exist already?
- The disaster information is simply not known (not enough reporters and instruments on the ground yet);
- Governments and institutions are reluctant to alert citizens (some fear liability, some fear panic, and others, because they are irresponsible);
- The problem is hard to solve: how do you know who and when to alert in such a complex global village?
ubAlert gives POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Imagine if an ordinary citizen could report only what she knows or sees, and have all who are interested instantly get informed. Suddenly, an initial report of a shooting in a neighborhood becomes an alert to all the neighbors, even ones she does not know yet. And imagine if there was a site that collected not only citizen's alerts, but that of other organizations around the world, and filtered and sent each alert according to the user's interests and potential impact! Wow, that will truly save lives! That's the plan.
How does it work?
All you have to do is to tell us what is happening, where, how serious the event is, and how large the impact area could be. Then, ubAlert checks to see who may be within the impact area you designed and is interested in the alert, and we send them an alert!
Yes, we do our best to get the right data from the right organizations, globally. But we cannot win this battle without YOU. This is how heroes are born from ordinary citizens who help other strangers!
The world will thank you for your participation, and may hail you as the "hero" who averted a potential disaster.
Basic Features include:
- Interactive map
- Sort events by severity / popularity / credibility
- Report an event and submit a photo or video
- Share events by email, or post links to Facebook and Twitter
- Save alerts to your “watch” list for quick viewing
- Adjust text size
- Provide feedback regarding credibility of the post to prevent fraudulent posts
- Adjust settings to display distance in kilometers or miles
Purchase an In-App Subscription to gain access to the following features:
- Get push notification alerts for events happening in your area
- Adjust your location settings, to a specific location and radius
- Sort alert list to view only alerts in your location
- Add important alerts to your watchlist for quick access
WAGmob brings you Simple 'n Easy, on-the-go learning app for "Tsunami".
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
Designed for both students and adults.
This app provides a quick summary of essential concepts of Tsunami by following snack sized chapters:
Introduction to Tsunami
• Tsunami Formation
• Tsunami Waves
• How Coastal Flooding happens via Tsunami?
• Tsunami Warning Systems
• Historic Tsunamis
• Highest or Tallest Tsunami
• Deadliest Tsunami
• Causes of Earthquakes
• Tectonic Plates
• Focus and Epicenter
• Kinds of Earthquakes
• Physics of Waves
• Wave Motion
• Wave Types
• Ocean Waves
• Seismic Waves
• Body Waves
• Primary or "P" Waves
• Secondary or "S" Waves
• Surface Waves
Physics of Tsunami
• Physics of Tsunami
• Tsunami at Sea
• Energy Loss
• Normal Wave vs. Tsunami Wave
• Tsunami at the Beach
• Tsunami Cycle
• 1: Geological Event
• 2: Water Displaced
• 3: Wave Propagation
• 4: Tidal Waves
• Types of Tidal Waves
• Safety Tips for Tidal Waves and Storm Surge
Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Progressive Waves
• Wave Motions
• Formation of Tsunami
• Propagation of Tsunami
• Calculating Propagation Time of Tsunami
Tsunami Warning System
• Tsunami Warning System
• Modern Warning Systems
• Advantages of Warning System
• Drawbacks of Warning System
• Alert System
• Deep Sea Tsunami System
• Advantages of Coastal Alert Systems
• Tsunami Preparedness
• The Basic Things to Do
• If you are on Land
• If you are on a Boat
• What to do before and during a Tsunami?
• What to do after a Tsunami?
• Measuring Earthquakes
• Richter Scale
• The Richter scale equation and Earthquakes
• Mercalli Intensity Scale
• Tsunami and Earthquake Vocabulary
• Information Statement
• Seismic Waves
• Richter scale
• Sea Level
• Tectonic activity
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
Alerts and notifications coming soon in next version.
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
This is a lightweight application. Choose whether or not and how often to run the earthquake notifier, and whether or not to use your location.
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 17 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
★ Earthquake magnitude, depth and age
★ Tectonic plates
★ Earthquake ticker showing strongest earthquakes
★ Tap quake label for more info and sharing
Spin the globe and pinch to zoom. Tap a label to see depth and time in ticker.
View earthquakes from last hour, day, 7 days or 30 days.
Data is from USGS.
NOTE: If the "time ago" is wrong for you - then check your phone time AND timezone in your phone settings.
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
Earthquake app allows you to track latest earthquakes from around the world.
It shows you earthquakes of 0.1+ magnitude from United States and of 4.5+ magnitude worldwide.
This app uses data from USGS. http://www.usgs.gov/
What is USGS?
The United States Geological Survey (USGS) is a science organisation of the United States government.
USGS provides impartial information on our ecosystems and environment, natural hazards,
natural resources, the impacts of climate and the core science systems.
** NO ADS **
- Latest quakes from worldwide.
- Shows details of an earthquake.
- Filter what you want to see via different filters.
- Shows earthquakes on Google map.
- Colour coded pins on map and list.
- Shows earthquakes from the past hour, day, week or even a month.
- Choose between different types of map.
- Share earthquake details to others.
- (New) Shows distance between you and the quake.
What does colour coded mean?
It means that earthquakes of different magnitudes will be shown via different
colour pins on the map and different background colours in the list.
4.5 <= M -- Red
3.5 <= M -- Yellow
2.5 <= M -- Purple
1.5 <= M -- Blue
1.5 > M -- Green
gempa (Global Earthquake Monitoring Processing Analysis) GmbH, Potsdam, Germany, a spin-off of GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences, presents the Android App EQInfo giving information about the latest earthquake detections.
EQInfo supports the following features:
1. List of latest earthquakes showing magnitude, region, time ago, direction/distance to the earthquake epicenter and detecting agency
2. Earthquake details including overview map. New: Page through solutions of different agencies
3. Map of latest earthquakes
4. Options to filter the earthquake information by magnitude, depth, time and region
5. Configuration of data sources, update intervals, geolocation and unit of measurement
6. Background updates and notifications
7. Sharing of event information
EQInfo retrieves earthquake information from the following agencies:
- GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), http://www.emsc-csem.org
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), http://www.usgs.gov
- Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics (BMKG), http://inatews.bmkg.go.id
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Spanisch National Geographic Institute (IGN), http://www.ign.es
- National Observatory of Athens (NOA, Greece), http://www.noa.gr
- Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI, Turkey), http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr
- GNS Science New Zealand, http://www.gns.cri.nz
The user has total control in defining which agencies would have a higher or lower preference. After setting this EQInfo will take care of aggregating the solutions for you, considering your preferences settings.
EQInfo tries to minimize both the data volume and update time. If supported, your filter criteria is summited to the agency for server-side filtering. Also the most compact data format is selected for transmission. Using this approach the amount of data transfered is 5-10 times smaller than fetching an RSS feed. Often the earthquake list of one agency is transfered in not more than 2KB.
Alerts and notifications coming soon in next version.