The “Gion Corner” official app lets you appreciate and familiarize yourself with traditional Japanese culture such as kyo-mai, tea ceremony, flower arrangement, koto zither, gagaku court music, and kyogen theatre in about one hour.
Not only does the app provides information about Gion Corner, it also allows visitors to familiarize themselves even more with the traditional culture of Kyoto’ five Kagai, which are known the world over.
● What you can do with the Gion Corner app:
· You can obtain information about Gion Corner’s performance schedule, contents, access, etc.
· You can read “KYOTO KAGAI Mobile Version,” an information magazine about the Kagai only for users of the app.
· By launching the “Multilingual Guide” from the app and pointing the camera to an exhibit in the galleries at Gion Corner, you can get detailed information about Kyoto’s five Kagai, including information about maiko and geiko, the history of the Kagai, dance performances, and much more.
· You can download an illustration of Kyoto’s five Kagai as a screen wallpaper.
· You can complete the questionnaire to receive a discount coupon.
● This app is for you if…
· you want to know about Gion Corner;
· you are interested in geiko and maiko;
· you want to learn more about Kyoto’s five Kagai;
· you want to read “KYOTO KAGAI,” an information magazine about the Kagai.