RunSocial GPS is the premier live running app for outdoor runners, and an amazing complement to the RunSocial indoor running mixed reality app, as featured by CNN, Runner’s World, BBC, Wired, USA Today.
With RunSocial GPS you can see and run live with others wherever they are in the world, indoors or outdoors, using our live leaderboard. This shows the relative distance of other runners to you and whether they are running faster or slower than you in real time. Also create or join live running events for indoor and outdoor runners participating together.
* GPS tracking of all your outdoor runs
* All runs automatically added to your existing RunSocial account so all your runs are in one place
* Set up a live event with a few taps. A virtual 5k, 10k, or a full 26.2 marathon, you set the distance.
* Invite others with a link via email, SMS, web link
* World wide countdown timer for all participants – everyone, whether indoors or out, starts at the same time
* Live leaderboard inside the app (tap arrow lower right of the screen when running)
* Tap on an individual runner to see their live stats
* Notifications sent to your locked screen to let you know when you passed someone (anywhere in the world) or someone passed you
* Share running data to your MapMyRun account
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.