Meet Paq, the new map for privately recommending places to your friends anywhere in the world.
Drop a “box” on the map, fill it up with recommendations & pictures, and add your friends.
Paq is a free mapping app to help you plan events, recommend new restaurants, pop-up shops, and plan your next vacation.
• Recommend to your friends with one-click your favorite places: bars, restaurants, food trucks, pop-up shops and awesome graffiti!
• Drop a box on the map and have real-time chats with your friends. Recommend what to order, what’s terrible, best places to sit, best times to make reservations, and how much you paid.
• Tired of missing out on 1-hour flash sales at your favorite clothing shop? Now drop a box for your friends on the exact location & how much time is left in the sale!
• Add friends inline with @handles or through the +people icon in seconds and share how much you saved on your new dress.
TRAVEL WITH PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS
• Friends headed to Cancun, Thailand, Argentina, or somewhere else you’ve been? Drop boxes for your friends at your favorite hotels, hostels, coffee shops and wineries for personalized tips and recommendations.
• No need to get lost anymore! No more writing down complicated addresses and wandering cities for hours. Everything is on the map and you can chat your friends in real-time with any questions you have!
• Coordinate fraternity parties, house parties, campus parties and birthday parties privately with your friends. Only friends invited to the box can see it!
• Bad weather? Move the box with one-click to the new place and Paq will instantly alert all of your friends!
PERSONALIZE YOUR MAP
• Long-press anywhere on the map and drop a box or press the red home-box icon to drop in your current position.
• Boxes are private by default so unless you add friends, only you will be able to see the boxes on the map.
• Use the title or # in-line to label boxes however you want: #pizza, #dominospizza, or #peplovers it’s up to you!
GOOGLE MAP INTEGRATION
• One-click directions: Paq is fully integrated with Google Maps. Click on any box on the map and you’ll see two buttons appear on the bottom right of the screen. Click the right-arrow in blue and Google Maps directs you to your place.
Are my places private?
Yes! By default all of your places (boxes) are private, meaning only you can see them. You need to add friends to a box for them to see your place.
How do I drop (create) a box?
There are two ways: long-press anywhere on the map (zoom-in to get precise locations) or press the red home-box icon to drop in your current location.
How do I title a box?
There are two ways: press the top title bar, type the title you’d like, then click the checkmark, or use a # in-line to name the box. The box owner can always change the name later by clicking the title box and selecting any of the written #’s or writing in a new title.
How do I add a friend to a box?
There are two ways: you can add friends in-line with @handle or + button > +people icon and select your friends. Since Paq syncs with your phonebook you must save someone in your phonebook to add them. If your friends don’t have Paq, you will see their phone numbers. When you select contacts, you will see a checkmark by their names, then select “add to box." Your friends will now receive a text to download Paq and will be taken to your box.
How do I submit a box?
The minimum requirement to submit a box is a #title. You can write directly in the title or add a #title in the box. Once you’ve done that, you will see a green checkmark appear. Click the checkmark to submit the box.