The use of ICT for improving education as emphasized by the NPE(1986), by CABE, in its report on Universal Education (2012)recommending ICT inclusion in schooling and ICT Curriculum for Schools (2013) has consequently led major government schemes to have a component of funding allocated for using ICT. The Digital India campaign (2015) has further provided impetus to all ICT initiatives in the country.
Centrally sponsored initiatives like ICT@Schools Scheme are geared towards making opportunities available to students for developing their ICT skills at school level.The Government of India has made it mandatory to have a Third Party Evaluation of the implementation of ICT@Schools Scheme in all States and UTs. The Third Party Evaluation aims to assess the implementation of ICT @School scheme envisions the development of ICT skills in students requisite for 21st century as well as the extent of use of ICT to aid the teaching learning process in government and government aided secondary and senior secondary schools linking it to future funding.
Keeping in view the expertise and experience of the CIET, a constituent unit of NCERT; the Directorate of Education, NCT of Delhi has desired to get a third party evaluation of ICT@Schools Scheme as implemented by Delhi.
• To evaluate the implementation of ICT Policy for school education and ICT@Schools Scheme.
• To ascertain the extent of ICT use in general and pedagogical use of ICT in specific
• To ascertain the leadership styles applied in schools
• To determine the collaboration and general support offered to school (NCT of Delhi, BOOT Agency etc.)
• To determine the level of professional development and expertise available to schools.
• To explore how teachers integrate ICT in classroom to enhance learning.
• To identify innovative practices followed in classroom.
• To identify factors that affect ICT implementation in schools.
• To make recommendations for consideration by policy makers.
Keeping in view the above objectives, CIET is facilitating to design and develop an app to automate the process of data collection with regards to evaluation of the implementation of ICT @Schools Scheme.
This app comprises of questionnaires to be filled by respondents across educational spectrum which includes all stakeholders like students, teachers, parents as well as community members.