Are you recovering from a concussion? Has your doctor asked you to keep track of your activities and your symptoms as you work through a concussion recovery program?
Wouldn’t it be great to have an easy way to keep track of your progress, and share that information with your healthcare team to make your follow-up appointments more productive?
Get started by entering the date and details of your injury in Return2Play. Then as you progress through the recovery protocol, under the direction of a physician, enter your activities, symptoms & their severity, and your notes along the way. You can even enter appointment dates and take notes right in the app! Email your progress history in chronological order to your physician, trainer or coach.
Return2Play also includes educational material about concussion and the BRAIN recovery protocol.
Return2Play was designed with the patient and healthcare team in mind. Our goal is to create a more efficient clinic appointment that leads to better management of the injury and safe return to play decisions.
Michigan NeuroSport is one of only a handful of comprehensive programs in the country dedicated to the neurological concerns of athletes. Michigan NeuroSport specializes in the treatment and prevention of neurological sports injuries, as well as the management of primary neurological diseases that affect athletic performance. V1.0 of this app is funded by the University of Michigan Health System Fostering Innovation Grants (FIGS.)
Return2Play is part of an overall education effort for coaches, parents, and players about concussion and recovery, coordinated by the Pediatric Trauma Program at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital.
This app contains a 16 minute video discussing PTSD and traumatic stress - sharing with you important and often overlooked signs and symptoms of trauma and covering approaches you can use on your own to recover from past traumas and anxiety. In addition to the video, this app includes 2 guided imagery audio programs with bilateral music backgrounds that will help to calm your mind and reset your nervous system. Also included is 1 bilateral music soundscape with brainwave frequencies designed to help you relax your mind and body.
There are also 10 other in-app purchases with previews in case you want additional programs to help you address the symptoms of PTSD and traumatic stress.
In total this app includes:
- 1 video (16 minutes)
- 2 audio programs (30 minutes each program - guided imagery and visualization with binaural beat music backgrounds)
- 1 music soundscape (26 minutes - bilateral, binaural beat music)
----What You'll Need----
1. Shockbox Sensor - Available at www.impaktprotective.com
2. Any compatible helmet.
*NEW - You can now use the Shockbox application without a Shockbox Sensor, to track your players and their injuries*
You'll first need to pair a Shockbox sensor to your android phone using our simple pairing process, then add some information about the player who will be wearing the sensor. Now just make sure that "Listening" is turned on and you'll receive impact notifications from the sensor immediately after they happen.
----How It Works----
The Shockbox uses long range Bluetooth (up to 100m) to communicate with your phone. Once the shockbox detects an impact it sends data quickly and efficiently to your phone over an encrypted Bluetooth connection.
Please visit us at http://impaktprotective.com for more information, and to purchase a Shockbox sensor.
This application is designed to check by yourself how deeply you suffer from PTSD.
22 questions is based on the list appeared on the official website of Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan.
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) diagnose criteria:
This check list(The Impact of Event Scale-Revised. IES-R(Weiss and Marmar,) consist of three main types of PTSD symptoms.
[How to use]
1.Choose the appropriate one from options of 22 questions.
2.You can modify your choice after the final answer.
3.The application will be terminated if you press "Exit" at the end screen.
4.You can send the test result by email for statistical data analysis if you press "Submit".
Copyright ©2011 Abinitio Research LLC
This version of the app will expire soon. Download the latest version now - http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.concussion.aan
Key information and tools in the "Concussion Quick Check" app include:
- Common signs of concussion
- Symptoms of concussion
- Things the athlete may tell you
- What to do if an athlete has a head injury during a game
- What to do if it appears the athlete has a concussion
- When an athlete should return to the game
- Help finding a neurologist near you (GPS capability)
- Help finding state laws on concussion
- More about the American Academy of Neurology's new guideline for diagnosing, treating and managing sports concussion
* One-Touch Instant Relief - The Stopper Tab offers fast relief at your finger tips.
* Reminders 3-Minutes Before Your Stress Starts - The Stopper Tab can predict & shut down your routine reactions before the stress triggers.
* Meditation - The MyMeds Tab will structure and maintain your meditation practice.
* Revolutionary Tool to Resolve Traumatic Memories - The Resolve Tab helps surface and soothe past memories that fuel PTSD reactions.
* Complimentary Stress Is Gone Membership – Provides 24/7 access to online relaxation tools (PC and Mobile).
* Teaches Stress Stopper Breathwork – A/V animation to learn how to activate the relaxation response whenever you become stressed.
* Connect with a Coach – If your stress becomes unmanageable.
* Intuitive set-up and design
* Facebook Integration
* In App Browser
* Naturally calm stressful emotions
* Naturally quiet stressful thoughts
* Naturally stop a stress reaction
* Learn to fall asleep fast
The key to living PTSD FREE is using this app regularly. Every time you become stressed, press the app icon and breathe. Every time a Stress Stopper reminder shows up on your device, breathe along with the animation. When it’s time to meditate, give yourself the space to relax to improve your well-being. And finally, get to the root of the issue; use the Resolve Tab to heal those past memories that affect everyday life. These tools together help prevent future stress-related health problems such as panic attacks, anxiety, depression, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal diseases, migraines, sleep problems, chronic fatigue, ulcers, etc. Stress Is Gone developed this technology for veterans and active duty soldiers who suffer from PTSD.
In this huge, informative Post Traumatic Stress Disorder app you'll find the following information (and more):
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - What Exactly Is It
- Is Your Partner's Post - Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Getting You Down
- Dealing With Post Traumatic Stress Disorder After A Natural Disaster
- How to Get Over Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Anxiety is Just One Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Symptom
- The Lost Sufferers of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- More About Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Alternative Approaches to Treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Learn 5 Successful Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatments
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Group Hypnosis Therapy
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is one of the most valuable, informative PTSD apps you can find. Period!
We will update our app with more tips and news about PTSD on a regular base.
Here are some features of our Post Traumatic Stress Disorder app:
- The most comprehensive app on post traumatic stress disorder treatment.
- This app covers everything there is to know about post traumatic stress syndrome.
- We have certain information on PTSD, post traumatic stress and post traumatic stress disorder in general.
Install this free app and share with your friends. Don’t miss it while it is still available for FREE.
HEADWays is the only concussion recovery self-management app written and created by clinicians experienced in early management of concussion (the mHealthDeveloperGroup). The app has a simple user interface and self-management-focused content, all designed to meet the unique needs of any individual who has experienced a concussion, healthcare providers, caregivers, family members, and interested others.
By using HEADWays, you will:
• identify situations in which urgent medical attention should be sought;
• learn to sort concussion myth from fact;
• learn the "Five Rules" of good health that are essential to successful post concussion recovery;
• identify strategies to manage symptoms (e.g. headaches, light/noise sensitivity, cognitive and mood changes);
• plan gradual return to recreational, physical, vocational and educational activities; and
• learn how to find more help via reliable online resources.
HEADWays is provided free of charge through the generous donation of Slater Vecchio LLP and the Vancouver General Hospital and University of British Columbia Hospital Foundation.
This FREE Application answers the following questions,
How Do You Know If You Have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Ptsd)?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms
Cause And Effects Of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Can Memory Loss Be A Symptom Of Ptsd?
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - Ayurvedic Herbal Treatment
DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this app is hosted by YouTube and is available in public domain. We do not upload any movies to YouTube. This app is just an organized way to browse and view these YouTube Videos. We do not hold any responsibility for copyright Violation too.
Universal Meditation Provides
- Provides Meditation Training
- Synchronized Global Meditation Platform
With Meditation you can increase your spiritual awareness, help to promote mindfulness, increase brain plasticity, and create global connectedness. Simply create a FREE account at: http://www.usefulhealthtools.com/meditation/signup
and start using the App.
Guided Meditation For Beginners
Use the Guided Meditation feature to perform yoga nidra. In either 7 or 12 minute sessions, a soothing voice helps you move your mental focus over your body. With regular use, this meditation exercise will increase your daily mindfulness. Yoga nidra has also been documented to improve menstrual problems, help manage diabetes treatment, and improve PTSD symptoms.
The Universal Meditation app contains a large number of pre-recorded Mantras. You can chose from beginner, intermediate or advanced, depending on how well you can do the mantra. Listen to mantras to hear the proper pronunciation for each one. The more difficult the level, the faster the pace of the mantra and more repetitions that are said.
Global Synchronized Mediation Platform
Perhaps the most amazing aspect of the Universal Meditation app is the, See & Do Together feature. You can access this by pressing the Saagara logo on the home menu.
With See & Do Together you can create synchronized meditation events, where you can meditate in unison with any number of others across the globe. Create a private party for you and some friends, or create a public event where you can invite hundreds or thousands of others to join and meditate with you in Unison.
Log to Record Progress
Once your meditation session is complete, you’ll be asked how attentive you were in your meditation session as well notes you may wish to make. This information will be recorded in your log in a clear graphical manner.
Use Pre-recorded Mantras or Create Custom Affirmations or Mantras
The App contains many pre-recorded mantras such Aum, Hare Krishna, Om Mani Padme Hum etc. You also have the ability to create custom Affirmations/Mantras.
Universal Meditation is available for iPhone/iPad, Android, Nook, PC and Mac. No matter what devices your friends have, they will be able to join you in synchronized meditation.
The App is based on the latest scientific understandings of PTSD, and was modified from the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs PTSD Coach app.
PTSD Coach Australia has been designed for use by Australian veterans and serving Defence Force personnel.
PTSD Coach Australia contains:
· Up to date information about PTSD and treatments for PTSD
· A range of symptom management tools and techniques.
· A PTSD assessment – allowing users to measure the severity of their symptoms over time, plot the results, and email them to a health professional.
· A scheduler that allows people to manage all their health appointments and activities.
· Information about where to find treatments and supports for PTSD in Australia– in the Defence health system, within the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and in the community.
Importantly: PTSD Coach Australia is not designed as a stand-alone treatment – ideally, it is a tool to use as part of your treatment. Health professionals can download clinical notes on this app from www.at-ease.dva.gov.au.
experience (for example, combat, deployment experience, or sexual assault), the PE Coach mobile
application (app) may be part of the solution. PE Coach is designed to be used during psychotherapy
provided by a behavioral health professional who is trained in Prolonged Exposure (PE) therapy. By
itself this smartphone app is not sufficient to treat posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PE Coach is
not a self-help tool. However, military Veterans, Service members, and others with symptoms of PTSD
who are receiving PE treatment can work together with their therapist to use the tools in this app
during PE therapy to process the traumatic experience and reduce anxiety and fear.
The app will guide you through the exercises assigned by your therapist and allows you to track and
record your progress in treatment. In addition, the app provides you with techniques such as controlled
breathing that will help you tolerate and decrease your distress. PE Coach will help you remember and
track your upcoming therapy sessions. You and your therapist will be able to audio record your sessions
directly onto your phone so that you can review them later as part of your treatment.
This app is based on the Oxford University Press treatment workbook for PE, “Reclaiming your Life
From a Traumatic Experience”. The app was designed with military Service members in mind but will be
useful to any trauma survivor participating in PE treatment.
External Links: The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United
States Department of Defense (DoD) or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) of the linked websites, or
the information, products or services contained therein. The DoD/VA does not exercise any editorial
control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided consistent with the
stated purpose of these DoD/VA products.
More from developer
This toolkit features several helpful tools such as:
• Normal curve - an illustration of a standard bell curve is included for use in discussion with patients or other professionals. Either input data points in the input fields or use your finger!
• Conversion chart - included to provide an error-free means of converting between t-scores, z-scores, percentiles, and standard score.
• Age Calculator - save valuable time while guaranteeing accuracy with the age calculator. Just input the individual’s date of birth and receive their age in years, months, days. This calculator uses actual calendar days, not the approximation used by many clinicians.
• Stopwatch - included is a stopwatch that assists monitoring timed assessments or performance tasks by counting up or counting down. The stopwatch also allows for the use of lap times.
• Compliancy Calculator - many states and school districts have laws mandating how many days a psychologist has before a referral must be seen. Calculate the end date and never worry about incompliance through miscalculation.
These useful tools will save you time and effort, and in the end empower you to focus your time and energy on more important details. We have provided this app free of charge to further assist our Customers as well as continue our mission of Creating Connections. Changing Lives.
Look for future applications from PAR to assist your professional career in assessment.
Injury Assessment and CPR Cues
Balance Evaluation Scoring System (BESS)
Standardized Assessment of Concussion (SAC)
Graded Symptom Checklist (GSC)
Concussion General Information (FAQs)
ACE Post-Concussion Home/School Instructions
HOW IT WORKS:
From the instant the player is injured, the user can select “New Injury” to be guided through a series of questions that will determine the appropriate response. If the athlete is not breathing or lacks a pulse, the app will provide counting and illustration for chest compressions and breathing support. The CARE will also assist the user in assessing other serious signs of injury including cervical spine injury, cranial nerve trauma, and a concussion.
Balance Evaluation Scoring System (BESS)
The Balance Evaluation Scoring System is an assessment that evaluates an athlete’s ability to maintain a stance without errors. The CARE provides instructions and illustrations that guide users through the three stances in a BESS assessment: single leg, double leg, and tandem. The user records the number of errors made and compares that result to the results of other BESS assessments the athlete has been given.
Standardized Assessment of Concussion (SAC)
The Sideline Assessment of Concussion is provided in electronic format and can be recorded for baseline, injury, post-game, or recovery. The questions in the SAC cover orientation, extended memory, concentration, and delayed recall. The SAC also records the presence or loss of sensation, strength, and coordination in the athlete.
Graded Symptom Checklist (GSC)
This tool enables users to track the severity of symptoms for each athlete during the recovery process. Users first select the nature of the assessment by choosing baseline, injury, post-game, or recovery; then they rate the severity of each symptom on a scale from 0 (no symptoms) to 6 (severe). This feature enables users to quantify a patient’s progress during recovery from a concussion.
This part of the app helps to protect children and athletes from further injury by guiding them through a daily exercise routine that tests their ability to return to play. Through a five-day, tiered workout routine, parents can ensure that their child is able to handle the added exercise without further injury or discomfort.
Concussion General Information
The app’s concussion information helps ensure that medical professionals are provided a comprehensive understanding of concussions as well as the assessments they will be administering via the CARE. All concussion information in this section has been provided by Gerard A. Gioia, PhD and Jason Mihalik, PhD, concussion specialists from the Children’s National Medical Center and the Matthew A. Gfeller Sport-Related Traumatic Brain Injury Research Center.
Acute Concussion Evaluation (ACE) Post-Concussion Home/School Instructions
Included with the app is a concussion overview page that users can share with other coaches, parents, or athletes. This overview is an excellent way to share important information about how to recognize and respond to concussions.
Note: 15% of all proceeds from the sale of this app will be donated to support concussion research.
The MMSE®/MMSE-2™ Administration and Scoring app is the only app of its kind authorized by PAR, the official publisher of MMSE products.
With at-your-fingertip functionality and automatic scoring, the MMSE/MMSE-2 app can be used to screen for cognitive impairment, to select patients for clinical trials research in dementia treatment, or to track patients' progress over time.
- A brief instructional video walks you through the features of the app.
- Both standard (30 items) and brief (16 items) versions and alternate forms of the MMSE-2 are included, ensuring flexibility.
- Patient records can be e-mailed, or you can upload them directly to your electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Equivalent, alternate forms of both versions decrease the possibility of practice effects that can occur over serial examinations.
- Scoring criteria for each item can be accessed during administration.
- Norms for both versions of the MMSE-2 by age and education level are included.
- Administration takes between 5 and 15 minutes.
5 admin - $6.99 USD
25 admin - $33.99 USD
50 admin - $64.99 USD
100 admin - $124.99 USD